Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/6/2024 9:52:35 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Emt1581]
For all those that raved about them...... get over to this thread and help improve my results!!!!

https://www.ar15.com/forums/general/Weber-Spirit-210-first-use-tonight/5-2724196/

UPDATE:  Reached out to a guy on FB Marketplace who had a like new Spirit 210 with factory cover for $150.  I asked if he'd take $125 and he said sure.  Was a 20min drive and I was at his home.  Threw a propane bottle in it and tested it out.  Fired right up.  Thing looks brand new!!!  Only issue is two of the Flavorizer bars have 5mm holes in them.  That's it!  I'm thrilled with the deal I got!!!     Going to buy a new set of Flavorizer bars on Amazon.   Only question I have is if there's any reason NOT to go stainless?  Seems like they'd last a lot longer.  Thanks!!

Started looking at LP grills.  I only need one for my wife, son, and I.  The Q was suggested but I'd like a bit bigger so it still has the capability to handle company if we host.  Also have a 36" Blackstone and kamado.  But I want a LP grill because we grill 3-4 times a week.  

The Weber 210 seems like a decent option.  But for $450 why is this worth the money compared to no name options on Amazon or Walmart??

Thanks!
Link Posted: 5/6/2024 9:56:38 PM EDT
[#1]
A Weber 210 will outlast 3 no names from Wally World. I have a 200 that is 15 years old and would fire right up anytime I need it. I use my Traeger mostly now but man have I moved some product through that Weber over the years
Link Posted: 5/6/2024 9:58:15 PM EDT
[#2]
I have one and I like it
The flavor bars rusted away and I replaced them
It’s a good size grill for me
Link Posted: 5/6/2024 10:00:22 PM EDT
[Last Edit: FALARAK] [#3]
I bought one for my parents 5 years ago.  They used it weekly and it looks brand new.

After 5 years of sitting outside, the burners, cast iron grill surface, and flavorizer bars were all suffering from a little rot.  Took some pics, filed for warranty on Weber's website, and got all new parts sent to us for free.  Good for another 5 trouble free years.

You likely will not get 10 years out of a no name.  Worth it to me.

Spirit II has a full 10 year warranty

When my Genesis was almost 10 years old, I took it apart, took pictures of everything, and got all new burners under warranty that were showing signs of some rot.
Link Posted: 5/6/2024 10:05:48 PM EDT
[#4]
I'm on year 8 with my E210, excellent piece of equipment. The only thing I've had to change was the battery in the electric starter.

About 4 years ago we had a major windstorm and the front panel door ended up somewhere in downtown SLC, called weber fully intending on buying one and they shipped a replacement part for free. No hassle, excellent America based customer service.

For me that's why I keep buying Webers. They just work, for a long time, and the company and parts are readily available.
Link Posted: 5/6/2024 10:07:48 PM EDT
[#5]
I have a Q grill. Two different models, to be exact. I live on saltwater. I've had several grills, and none of them lasted. Because of where I live the fog, mist all is impregnated with saltwater. I live right on the bay.  I wanted a grill with the least amount of metal as possible. I got the big Q first. I've had it about 12 years now. The only thing I had to replace were the burners and the grates just because I wanted to. It's stilll going and cooks an awesome steak. Now, since it's my wife and I. I felt I was using too much propane grilling. So I bought the smaller Q grill. I bought the hose adapter to run a 20lb tank or larger, got it off amazon. A bottle of propane now last for ever it seems.

I personally recommend the Q series grills. They last for ever and rust is nonexistent for me. After 12 years,  I'm going to update the knobs and repaint lid ect on the larger one for under a 100.00 bucks just to make it look new again. But I don't think you can go wrong with one. Low maintenance to. Like I said, it seems impervious to a saltwater environment. So it should last a lifetime. I have no plans on replacing mine. I'm going to buy a Blackstone also.
Link Posted: 5/6/2024 10:53:28 PM EDT
[#6]
Do these ever go on sale?  They seem pretty similarly priced everywhere.

Thanks
Link Posted: 5/6/2024 11:03:04 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Sandbowl1980:
I'm going to buy a Blackstone also.
View Quote
FYI, you can get griddle inserts that go in place of a section of grill grates. My Weber is 1/2 griddle 1/2 grill.
Link Posted: 5/6/2024 11:18:51 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By Sandbowl1980:
I have a Q grill. Two different models, to be exact. I live on saltwater. I've had several grills, and none of them lasted. Because of where I live the fog, mist all is impregnated with saltwater. I live right on the bay.  I wanted a grill with the least amount of metal as possible. I got the big Q first. I've had it about 12 years now. The only thing I had to replace were the burners and the grates just because I wanted to. It's stilll going and cooks an awesome steak. Now, since it's my wife and I. I felt I was using too much propane grilling. So I bought the smaller Q grill. I bought the hose adapter to run a 20lb tank or larger, got it off amazon. A bottle of propane now last for ever it seems.

I personally recommend the Q series grills. They last for ever and rust is nonexistent for me. After 12 years,  I'm going to update the knobs and repaint lid ect on the larger one for under a 100.00 bucks just to make it look new again. But I don't think you can go wrong with one. Low maintenance to. Like I said, it seems impervious to a saltwater environment. So it should last a lifetime. I have no plans on replacing mine. I'm going to buy a Blackstone also.
View Quote

I love the Q’s, we have two . Expensive for a little frill, but they’re bomb proof and way easier maintenance then the Spirits or Genesis’.
Link Posted: 5/6/2024 11:23:24 PM EDT
[#9]
The Weber gas grills are friggin solid!
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 8:41:39 PM EDT
[#10]
Most likely going with the Weber Spirit 210 because both tables fold down and it's the most compact.  Lowes will knock 5% off with using my Lowes credit card, will assemble it and deliver it for free.  Do yall tip big box store delivery men?

Only concern are the grates.  Will they chip and rust if I use metal spatulas and tongs??

Thanks!
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 9:20:40 PM EDT
[#11]
My Weber silver 200 (or something along that model number??) is 20+ yrs old. Flavor bars rot out every few yrs, burners have been replaced once, probably need to replace again.

This grill will still be doing it's thing when I'm long gone.
Link Posted: 5/8/2024 9:02:33 AM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By Emt1581:
Most likely going with the Weber Spirit 210 because both tables fold down and it's the most compact.  Lowes will knock 5% off with using my Lowes credit card, will assemble it and deliver it for free.  Do yall tip big box store delivery men?

Only concern are the grates.  Will they chip and rust if I use metal spatulas and tongs??

Thanks!
View Quote

Anyone?

Thanks!
Link Posted: 5/8/2024 9:10:02 AM EDT
[#13]
We only use metal spats and tongs.

I switched mine to stainless grates, but my parents still use the porcelain coated cast iron.  Eventually, the porcelain will crack and chip and the iron will rot.... I think no matter what you do.  Either replace them with new ones or switch to stainless grates from ebay at that point.  Your choice.
Link Posted: 5/8/2024 9:20:37 AM EDT
[#14]

Anyone?

Thanks!
View Quote

Yes, I usually tip delivery people a few bucks, enough for lunch: $20

The grates won’t chip.  I like the wood spatula type scraper for them.  The Weber wire brush works, too.  Some say the metal wires shed and can stick to food, but I have never had that problem.

That bbq will last.  If and when parts wear, like the flavor grill things, they are replaceable.  I wouldn’t consider looking at any other brand available at Lowe’s or HD.

I’d consider the 300 series.  Same quality just a little bigger and more room to cook at different temps.

Link Posted: 5/8/2024 9:21:14 AM EDT
[#15]
Buy with confidence. Got a Spirit 210 for my son when he moved out. He uses is twice a week and loves it, grill paid for itself in no time.

It does struggle in cold weather but that’s likely a cold propane thing. My FIL cooks on one in Bozeman and it struggles sometimes with temp but, it’s Bozeman so……

Had my Genesis for years. It’s a solid performer.
Link Posted: 5/8/2024 9:22:28 AM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By FALARAK:
We only use metal spats and tongs.

I switched mine to stainless grates, but my parents still use the porcelain coated cast iron.  Eventually, the porcelain will crack and chip and the iron will rot.... I think no matter what you do.  Either replace them with new ones or switch to stainless grates from ebay at that point.  Your choice.
View Quote

I don’t recall ever having a problem with the grates.  Maybe mine were an older version?  Either way, an easy replacement or upgrade years after purchase.
Link Posted: 5/8/2024 9:33:08 AM EDT
[#17]
Mine has lasted 5-6 years so far living outside. The cabinet door rusted where the pin is on the bottom so now will fall off when you open it. I replaced the grates and flavorizer bars once so far. Now the inside of the lid is peeling which seems to be a webber thing as it happened on my last grill. This is really annoying because it drops onto your food sometimes when you close the lid.

So pretty much you spend webber money and just replace parts as they go bad or just buy a cheap grill every 2 years. Pretty much the options with gas grills in my experience. Yes its under warranty but you still have to get parts and replace them and I think the warranty varies on different parts.
Link Posted: 5/8/2024 9:37:16 AM EDT
[#18]
i have a slightly larger one but it's a weber.  no complaints, holds up nicely.  I did replace the diffusers at one point but no other issues.  Probably my fault for not cleaning it as often as I should.
Link Posted: 5/8/2024 9:56:28 AM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By RLR350:

Yes, I usually tip delivery people a few bucks, enough for lunch: $20

The grates won’t chip.  I like the wood spatula type scraper for them.  The Weber wire brush works, too.  Some say the metal wires shed and can stick to food, but I have never had that problem.

That bbq will last.  If and when parts wear, like the flavor grill things, they are replaceable.  I wouldn’t consider looking at any other brand available at Lowe’s or HD.

I’d consider the 300 series.  Same quality just a little bigger and more room to cook at different temps.

View Quote

Unfortunately, the 210 is the PERFECT size for the space on our little outdoor kitchen wall.  Will give me the ability to raise one or both side tables and will fit between my kamado and Blackstone.  

Thanks for the info!
Link Posted: 5/8/2024 10:04:26 AM EDT
[#20]
I had a 210 for maybe 10 years?  Great little grill
Gave it away when I bought a genesis, and it’s still going strong
Link Posted: 5/8/2024 10:13:04 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Camel] [#21]
I ran a 210 for almost 15 years. Several uses per week. Original igniter still worked. Replaced flavorizor bars once and regular line once.

Bought a genesis 335 to get more space and gave away the 210.

Definitely with the money over no name or cheap char broils.
Link Posted: 5/8/2024 10:22:15 AM EDT
[#22]
Started looking at LP grills.  I only need one for my wife, son, and I.  The Q was suggested but I'd like a bit bigger so it still has the capability to handle company if we host.  Also have a 36" Blackstone and kamado.  But I want a LP grill because we grill 3-4 times a week.  

The Weber 210 seems like a decent option.  But for $450 why is this worth the money compared to no name options on Amazon or Walmart??

Thanks!
View Quote

Sometimes Webers in good shape show up on Craigslist for cheap.  

Link Posted: 5/8/2024 10:42:11 AM EDT
[#23]
I have a Weber that preceded the 210 model that I purchased over 15 years ago. It still cooks great, and looks good despite the fact it always sits outside uncovered.
Link Posted: 5/8/2024 10:56:14 AM EDT
[#24]
Originally Posted By wildearp:

Sometimes Webers in good shape show up on Craigslist for cheap.  

View Quote

Didn't think to look used but yes, definitely (FB Marketplace).  Only concern is....can I buy a replacement caster/part or do they just sell the flavorizer bars nd grates??

But yes, I'm seeing $100-$150 for the model I want!!! Sure I'll save $300-$400+!!!!!

Thanks!
Link Posted: 5/8/2024 11:19:28 AM EDT
[#25]
Originally Posted By freeride21a:
The Weber gas grills are friggin solid!
View Quote

I have a 300 series in copper, love that thing. Ten years old still looks new .
Link Posted: 5/8/2024 10:06:36 PM EDT
[#26]
See OP for update.
Link Posted: 5/8/2024 10:09:34 PM EDT
[#27]
Nice score!!
Link Posted: 5/8/2024 10:09:54 PM EDT
[#28]
Going to buy a new set of Flavorizer bars on Amazon.   Only question I have is if there's any reason NOT to go stainless?  Seems like they'd last a lot longer.
View Quote

Absolutely go stainless.  I put a set on my Weber 5 or 6 years ago, they are still perfect.
Link Posted: 5/8/2024 10:10:58 PM EDT
[#29]

Absolutely go stainless.  I put a set on my Weber 5 or 6 years ago, they are still perfect.
View Quote

I see stainless for $20 and then 304 stainless for $30.   Thoughts??

Thanks!
Link Posted: 5/8/2024 10:16:12 PM EDT
[#30]

Thanks!
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

Thanks!

It doesn't matter.  They are all gonna turn black in no time from all the crap that falls and burns on them.

If you can tell between the seller's descriptions and user reviews - get the thickest ones.
Link Posted: 5/8/2024 10:22:02 PM EDT
[#31]
Love my Weber E210. Just made some Oklahoma onion smash burgers for supper using a Loge flat skillet. It's small but I have a Chrgriller Grand Champ XD and a Z-grill that can also run hot with a skillet so I don't need a large gas grill. Our driveway is a bit rough with 1" stone so I upgraded the axle and put some rubber wheels on it for better rolling. So far. so good.
Link Posted: 5/8/2024 10:24:54 PM EDT
[#32]
Will have to keep an eye on craigslist/FB marketplace. I have a Weber Charcoal grill for years now and it still looks brand new (10+ years) I want to add a propane grill to the setup
Link Posted: 5/8/2024 10:28:40 PM EDT
[#33]
Came for pics. I am disappoint…..
Link Posted: 5/8/2024 10:32:57 PM EDT
[#34]
My Weber Q100 is going on 16 years old.  I replaced the factory regulator about 5 years ago because it never really got hot enough with an adjustable regulator.  The new regulator was like getting a whole new grill.  I could finally get it hot enough to burn off old grease and brush the grill grates clean easily.

Anyhow it's still here with zero rust problems since the Q100 body is made of cast aluminum.  And I live in a dry climate so the steel parts aren't exposed to a lot of humidity.  It will probably outlast me.
Link Posted: 5/8/2024 10:35:43 PM EDT
[#35]
Originally Posted By Tango-22:
Came for pics. I am disappoint…..
View Quote

I'll snap some tomorrow.
Link Posted: 5/8/2024 11:08:21 PM EDT
[#36]
You did well.

I’m waiting for my 20 year old Weber Genesis Gold B to die so I can use this Weber Silver A which I dragged off the street free from a neighbor and refurbished with new Stainless bars and porcelain coated cast iron grates I got off of eBay.

These things last forever and do a great job. The Genesis has only needed new igniters, everything else is still original.
Link Posted: 5/9/2024 8:38:07 PM EDT
[#37]
See OP.  Not impressed.
Top Top