Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 2:53:22 AM EDT
[#1]
This year has seen more by anti-gun laws passed than I can remember by state. It will only get worse regardless of who takes the White House in November.
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 3:21:06 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Master_Blaster] [#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By MarkNH:

That the goal of the first bill, make it impossible for smaller FFLs to stay in business.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By MarkNH:

That the goal of the first bill, make it impossible for smaller FFLs to stay in business.

If black suffrage was "indirectly" attacked like this, the SCOTUS would process certiorari & lay down a scathing overuling in 5 biz days or less. But gun rights get more sympathy from crickets.

We aren't voting or lawsuiting these kinds of attacks away.

Originally Posted By DouglasQuaid:

That bill was actually worse before it was pared down in negotiations.  The Republicans in this state have little power, so getting it pared down was in the win column.  

If anyone follows Washington state politics, we actually have a fair shot at getting a Republican governor in the next election.  Inslee is retiring and the attorney general, Ferguson is running.  Ferguson (sideshow Bob) has made a lot of enemies in the last few years and has the reputation for being a sleazy lawyer.  The Republicans are running a former sheriff, which bodes well since crime is out of control in this state.  Polls are pretty even too.  

Here's to hope.

Semi Bird is the man, but I don't see him winning, unfortunately.
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 3:52:14 AM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By AccuracyThruVolume:
That's a whole heap of communism right there....
View Quote

Yep, now do car dealers, fast food restaurants, and bars.
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 9:42:35 AM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By Blu3Ridge:
Govern me harder, daddy!
View Quote

No, and stop asking.
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 9:49:11 AM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By JimmyAR:
Yeah Fuck Jay Idiot.

Washington state's constitution establishes residents' right to bear arms for defense of themselves or the state, and further declares that the right "shall not be impaired.
View Quote

AND?
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 9:51:25 AM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By JLPettimoreIII:
move to a free state?
View Quote

So they can make it look like the one they just left?
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 9:54:28 AM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By TheLASwamp:
The goal is to make it so difficult, painful, and expensive to exercise rights under the Second Amendment that most people either can't or won't bother. Chipping away at the 2A until chunks start flying with each strike of the pick ax.
View Quote

Yes.  And insurance companies will very quickly capitalize with their rates to aid this effort.
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 9:57:11 AM EDT
[#8]
They want to put gun dealers/manufactures out of business and ban home made guns.    You have the right to own guns via 2nd but no way to acquire them.
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 10:00:59 AM EDT
[#9]
Inslee is the worst and I actively help my brothers on The Outdoor Line radio fight his attacks on outdoorsmen
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 12:01:09 PM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By philspel:
Inslee is the worst and I actively help my brothers on The Outdoor Line radio fight his attacks on outdoorsmen
View Quote

Just wait, Furgurson is going to be worse.
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 12:51:42 PM EDT
[#11]
If you look at what I-1639 did, it laid the groundwork for everything that has followed and makes room for SO much more... I-1639 was predicated on a lie and will eventually be overturned as unconstitutional (as it most certainly is), but they knew that going in and the damage has already been done. When we left the OlyPen, only 2 gun stores were left open out of the dozen or so that had been there during my 13 years... Sad, but the groundwork for WA to be a fully anti-2A state was laid in 2014 and they never let up.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top