BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 2:23:00 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I mean, let someone take your wife or kids hostage and you'd be crying like a little girl begging them to send that thing in.?????

View Quote

Negative Ghost Rider
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 2:33:09 PM EDT
[#2]
FPV drone enters the chat
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 2:33:31 PM EDT
[#3]
Cartels have RPGs. Iranians are supplying same to anyone that's anti-US or anti-Israel. When the Attack comes these vehicles will be of little use.
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 2:36:47 PM EDT
[#4]
I bet a pressure cooker or a dead goat full of Ball bearings and scrap would ruin that pretty quickly.

I take notes from all sides, good and bad.
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 2:39:15 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Definitely one of those things that's initially more disturbing than comforting in my mind. However in all fairness if say there was, God forbid, a massive snackbar event, I'd probably be the first to be thankful they were prepared in advance.

View Quote

They've already said white/ male/ conservative/ veteran are the greatest threat to this country(they really mean gov). Them things are for us, not snackbars
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 2:44:10 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 2:44:16 PM EDT
[#7]
By the time they get that out of storage the incident is over.
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 2:50:21 PM EDT
[#8]
i saw pics of these on here a decade ago
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 4:48:26 PM EDT
[#9]
Always wanted to weld on an ecto-skeleton to the frame of a truck for re-enforcement and to allow the bolting on of armor plates in an emergency.
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 4:57:21 PM EDT
[#10]
Our sherrifs office has one.  I laugh every time I see them towing it to a callout.
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 5:03:37 PM EDT
[#11]
Georgia has one too. Got to watch them deeply it when my neighbor murdered 2 cops. They had already surrendered and an MRAP had already ripped out their doors and windows. Plus the tear gas grenades tore the place up.

Got em
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 5:21:33 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
I love having my own government planning and preparing to kill me.

and I pay for it.
View Quote

Now see...that's the spirit!!  Celebrate your demise with joy and happiness.  And don't forget to leave a tip.
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 5:27:04 PM EDT
[#13]
Well thats good to know.
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 5:53:11 PM EDT
[#14]
Why the shield?
So you can approach closer with a team behind it?
If so, how many workers comp cases from broken ankles at the bucket hitch point and pinned under the tracks?
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 6:10:26 PM EDT
[#15]
PSP has one, they drop it off at work for us to fix. I have been on it and its a neat set up. Armored shield and platform with port holes, bullet proof glass, separated attachments like a breaching pole with multiple cameras and other attachments. Whole set up is towed on a trailer by a F550.
The one I see has taken a few rounds and has a few battle scars. Its far more versatile than a bearcat.
These are modified Cat skid steers made by Ring power in FL.
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 6:17:18 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Depends on who it's meant for I guess.  You don't have any .30 black tips or API?
View Quote

No, the only thing I ever owned .30 or greater was a Mosin-nagant chambered in 7.62x54R.
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 6:19:48 PM EDT
[#17]
I'd drive that around all day blasting Wagner on the PA.   Too slow for pursuits but it would be a hoot on barking dog calls.
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 6:21:15 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Wonder how it would do against 50 bmg api.
View Quote

I think the gangbangers are going to skip that and go right to RPGs, or modified drones in the near future.
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 6:22:26 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Back two years ago, town I went to school at, the police wanted a Rook and it got shoot down. So last year the police chief had the Sheriff try to get the county to buy one. That got shot down quick, no one in the county saw a reason for especially with the Sheriff's department has a Bearcat that never gets used, except for photo shoots by the deputies. Local governments should just admit they want to waste money and have something to use to strip people of their rights.
View Quote

There are plenty of great and petty tyrants in this nation that need to be dealt with.
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 6:23:12 PM EDT
[#20]
No way that will be used against citizens.
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 6:25:33 PM EDT
[#21]
Greene County Sheriffs had HMMWVs and APCs 20 years ago, they stored them by the dump.

Nothing to see here.
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 6:34:39 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Cartels have RPGs. Iranians are supplying same to anyone that's anti-US or anti-Israel. When the Attack comes these vehicles will be of little use.
View Quote

I remember reading that Canadian biker gangs who were having wars with each other in Canada in the 1990s managed to get hold of some RPGs and were using them against each other.
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 8:40:09 PM EDT
[#23]
Drones are changing how wars are fought.
Local PD chief: "Hey, I know what we need. A light weight wanna be tank. Nothing will be able to stop us!"
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 9:14:03 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

I mean, let someone take your wife or kids hostage and you'd be crying like a little girl begging them to send that thing in.?????

View Quote

Mmmmm, yummy yummy boots.
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 9:18:10 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Corner of 5th and Broad or thereabouts if I recall.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Yep, they were seen on trailers headed towards Richmond on Lobby Day.  I'm certain they were staged somewhere and ready to tread.

Corner of 5th and Broad or thereabouts if I recall.

Where was it parked during the antifa riots?
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 9:34:43 PM EDT
[#26]
Batterram (12" Vocal Version)
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 9:41:45 PM EDT
[#27]
Just saw 1 of those being delivered to the Pueblo, PD the other day.

Gittin SPICY roun heer.

H
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 9:50:27 PM EDT
[#28]
Guy with Ak47 vs. The Rook

Guy With Ak47 vs. The Rook - police shooting breakdown
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 10:06:05 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Back two years ago, town I went to school at, the police wanted a Rook and it got shoot down. So last year the police chief had the Sheriff try to get the county to buy one. That got shot down quick, no one in the county saw a reason for especially with the Sheriff's department has a Bearcat that never gets used, except for photo shoots by the deputies. Local governments should just admit they want to waste money and have something to use to strip people of their rights.
View Quote

The problem with these specialized vehicles are they cost so much and are only needed for very specific circumstances.  Every department ran out and bought Bearcats with 9/11 money and then realized they are huge and very expensive to maintain.  In 2010/15 time frame someone had the great idea of getting a cheap MRAP from DRMO and using that instead of a $150,000 Bearcat.  Other departments saw that and thought what a great idea.  The problem is the MRAPs are even more huge and no truck shop can work on them.  If you are in a North Hollywood shot out and need to go get downed officers these are great but how often does that happen.  The other problem is in my circumstance years ago as a patrol sergeant trying to set up a perimeter for a barricade in the middle of the night and I request SWAT be called.  SWAT doesn't usually work in the middle of the night so they have to come in from home to the scene.  One of them has to go to the hanger and get the Bearcat which entails finding the keys and hoping it will start.  2 hours later the Bearcat shows up at the scene.  

$150 to $200,000 is a lot to spend on something on the specialized piece of equipment you have to try and justify using more than a few times a year.  I can see why the smaller and cheaper armored options are being explored.
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 10:14:12 PM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 10:17:46 PM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 10:21:19 PM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 10:22:56 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

Departments have done that to several places.  AFAIK the owner was screwed and left to try to find  way to repair their property.

These days I wouldnt be surprised if code enforcement follow up and cite them immediately starting the process to eventually try to get a slice of the property by force selling it.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Departments have done that to several places.  AFAIK the owner was screwed and left to try to find  way to repair their property.

These days I wouldnt be surprised if code enforcement follow up and cite them immediately starting the process to eventually try to get a slice of the property by force selling it.

Yeah that's about what I remember it.  They get their kicks destroying stuff to get their bad guy, and cost everyone far more in the process.
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 10:25:48 PM EDT
[#34]

Kiev during Euromaidan in 2013 or maybe 2014, one of Yanukovych’s IFVs.
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 10:30:28 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Wonder how it would do against 50 bmg api.
View Quote
And/or a few Molotovs
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 10:32:37 PM EDT
[#36]
Wait a minute, wait a minute. What have we here, gentlemen? The police have themselves an RV. Southeast corner.
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 10:32:39 PM EDT
[#37]
I agine trying to expplain to the Founding Father that police need such a thing to police the taxpayers?
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 10:39:25 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Wait a minute, wait a minute. What have we here, gentlemen? The police have themselves an RV. Southeast corner.
View Quote
 Fucker I just came here to post this.
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 10:43:09 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
 Fucker I just came here to post this.
View Quote
damn fine documentary.

damn fine.
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 11:01:08 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

Where was it parked during the antifa riots?
View Quote

Couldn’t say. Wasn’t there for those.
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 11:11:44 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

View Quote

Greetings fellow gun enthusiast !

Link Posted: 3/28/2024 11:13:13 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

View Quote

Vicki Baker's house in McKinney, TX had the same style event occur.   The Institute for Justice took the case and sued claiming the event was a violation of the 5th Amendment's takings clause.   They won in the State Supreme Court but McKinney appealed.   Vicki lost in that appeal but the case has been appealed by the IFJ stating the court considered arguments that were not relevant to the case.   Even though the appeal was lost the attorney from the IFJ states since she won the state case.

“Nevertheless, the good news for Vicki Baker is that she also prevailed under the Texas Constitution, and this ruling has no impact on that ground. One way or another, the city of McKinney is going to have to compensate her.”

Redfern said the city will have to compensate her because she prevailed in the trial court under both the U.S. and Texas constitutions.

“When you win a case in TX under multiple grounds, you have to elect which one you want the court to enter judgment under,” he said. “That’s the only issue that the losing party can appeal. So we chose the U.S. Constitution, the city appealed, and the panel reversed, but we still have a win below under the TX Constitution. If our rehearing petition (and possible cert petition to the Supreme Court) is denied, then the case goes back down, and the court just reenters judgment under the TX Constitution.”

He said the city could appeal that judgment, but it would have “essentially zero chance of prevailing” because the Texas Supreme Court has already held that intentional destruction by police is a taking under the state constitution.

“The Fifth Circuit would have no choice but to follow the TX Supreme Court’s interpretation of state law,” he said.
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 11:24:25 PM EDT
[#43]
West Virginia kill dozer.

Link Posted: 3/29/2024 12:14:32 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

You can look at any concealed carry thread and say the same thing

Quoted:
I agine trying to expplain to the Founding Father that police need such a thing to police the taxpayers?

Founding fathers used the militia and standing army on the tax payers to
Suppress an actual Insurrection  
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top