Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/30/2023 2:09:12 PM EDT
[Last Edit: lazyengineer]
In this video showing firing at a target bank 800 yards away, is there a way I can insert a box of a zoomed in section of the impacts?  That would be the section of the video in the far back of the gong range (top and slightly to the right).  I'd like to be able to zoom into that portion, and have a zoomed in box maybe in the bottom right 1/4 of the main video.

not sure if there's a free Android App or a video editing portable app on the PC, that would let me do something like that?

Link Posted: 11/30/2023 8:46:03 PM EDT
[#1]
There’s a couple of ways to do it.

You’ll have to use a non-linear video editing program like Final Cut, Premier Pro or DaVinci Resolve. DaVinci Resolve is free.

You can copy your main camera shot to an additional video track, and then zoom in on your target and scale and position it on the screen where you want it.

Or use a second camera shot focused on the target and scale and position it on the screen in the same way.

Zooming in on your main camera shot from that far away is probably going to run the resolution to shit and you likely won’t be able to see anything except the actual pixels of the image once it’s zoomed in that far.
Link Posted: 11/30/2023 9:57:10 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Grendel-OK:
There’s a couple of ways to do it.

You’ll have to use a non-linear video editing program like Final Cut, Premier Pro or DaVinci Resolve. DaVinci Resolve is free.

You can copy your main camera shot to an additional video track, and then zoom in on your target and scale and position it on the screen where you want it.

Or use a second camera shot focused on the target and scale and position it on the screen in the same way.

Zooming in on your main camera shot from that far away is probably going to run the resolution to shit and you likely won’t be able to see anything except the actual pixels of the image once it’s zoomed in that far.
View Quote

Thanks.

and yes, you are probably right about that.  But I'm going to play around and give it a shot.   - and it's easy to go back and try again (try to stop me!)
Link Posted: 12/4/2023 11:31:26 AM EDT
[#3]
I'm testing an App called Filmora.  The free version is limited with tenacious advertising and annoyances, but it seems to do  what I wanted.  Here is what I was after..

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top