BCM
User Panel

Page / 5
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 3/29/2024 5:21:13 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By eagarminuteman:

I don’t know, I’m a poor so even the thought of using uber eats makes my bank account cry.
View Quote

The bank account is unafraid. But it makes my brain recoil.
Link Posted: 3/29/2024 5:23:21 AM EDT
[#2]
Originally Posted By SuperHeavy:
I have $25 on Uber Eats to spend. So I tried to order $19 worth of Wendy's. Total price is $43 if you do the recommended 18% tip for the driver. What would cost $20.50 at pickup is $43 delivered.

I know people who order using this multiple times a week and complain they have no money.

Here is what they charge. Mind you the taxes in this area are only $1.51, so they even inflate that. The food prices are also about 15% more than instore pricing.

https://i.imgur.com/50A2NWn.jpeg
https://i.imgur.com/mWEjLjz.jpeg
https://i.imgur.com/5uMveXV.jpeg
View Quote

I'm sure the same dummies are shamed into giving tips for takeout orders, or even more stupidly, dine-in orders when they serve as their own waiter.

That's a new prompt. For the stupid.
Link Posted: 3/29/2024 5:33:58 AM EDT
[#3]
JFC....

That's nuts.
Link Posted: 3/29/2024 5:49:24 AM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By burnka871:
The amount of people on the Caleb Hammer show that spend more than they make is insane. And usually a significant percentage of that spending is door dash/uber eats.
View Quote

Glad it was first post, clicked on this thread to post this.
Link Posted: 3/29/2024 6:19:05 AM EDT
[#5]
No door dash, uber eats, uber or any restaurants that deliver here.
Link Posted: 3/29/2024 6:42:20 AM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By RRA_223:

You could argue most businesses models are designed to take advantage of what average consumers don't know.    

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By RRA_223:
Originally Posted By SuperHeavy:
I just noticed they are lying on the tip too. Wendy's has buy one get one free, so they are doing 18% ontop of $49 instead of $34.

Their entire business model is fooling dumb people.

You could argue most businesses models are designed to take advantage of what average consumers don't know.    

That isn't a bad thing
Link Posted: 3/29/2024 9:52:32 AM EDT
[#7]
But YouNg PeOple CaN'T AfForD tO Live!
Link Posted: 3/29/2024 10:04:18 AM EDT
[#8]
Just like a lot of these gamers.
Coworker had a gaming binge one weekend, didn't realize he had racked up $1000 in fees for weapons and/or skills to reach higher levels in the game. SMH
And they wonder why they can't get ahead.
Link Posted: 3/29/2024 10:06:50 AM EDT
[#9]

Having food delivered. If you would see the interiors of some of those delivery vehicles.
On top of the nasty hygiene of some of them. Finger fucking your food. Fuck that. I know how to cook.
Link Posted: 3/29/2024 10:13:21 AM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By Rodent:
If you are poor in modern America, it's probably because you have a long history of making bad financial decisions. No racism or privilege involved.
View Quote

+1, you ain’t gotta be Dave Ramsey to know that paying someone to bring you cooked food in their car at a huge markup is a bad, bad idea…
Link Posted: 3/29/2024 10:16:51 AM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By azcopwannabee:

I am poor.
I have never ordered Door dash or Ubereats. I haven't ordered Pizza in so long I don't even know if they do that anymore.
I'm poor because inflation is insane and employers are refusing to increase salaries to compensate.
I have NOTHING financed and zero luxuries.
View Quote

Same but we’ll probably just get told that we’re lazy or have poor spending habits.
Link Posted: 3/29/2024 10:43:00 AM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By TheOtherDave:

+1, you ain’t gotta be Dave Ramsey to know that paying someone to bring you cooked food in their car at a huge markup is a bad, bad idea…
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By TheOtherDave:
Originally Posted By Rodent:
If you are poor in modern America, it's probably because you have a long history of making bad financial decisions. No racism or privilege involved.

Hey now. I use it for sushi more than anything else!
Page / 5
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top