BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 5
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 4:16:34 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Burnsy:
I use my "new to me" truck as a point to argue with myself about it. I have thought about using instacart a time or two since I bought it and so far anyway the logic has been:  Burnsy....you had to have that nice truck out there right?  Well you got it and you are making payments on it, so go get your ass in it and use it to go get your own damned food.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By beitodesstrafe:

Yep.  I'm definitely not saying it makes sense for everyone... or for anyone all the time.

I'm just pointing out more that it isn't wholesale always a bad decision all the time.

I know you get that, but not everyone in these threads do.

You definitely can be dumb with it. For sure.

It's just like big vacations or sports cars. .. vacations  and cars aren't BAD.

But if one isn't in a place in their life to support/justify it... work until you are in that place.
I use my "new to me" truck as a point to argue with myself about it. I have thought about using instacart a time or two since I bought it and so far anyway the logic has been:  Burnsy....you had to have that nice truck out there right?  Well you got it and you are making payments on it, so go get your ass in it and use it to go get your own damned food.

Link Posted: 3/28/2024 4:18:09 PM EDT
[#2]
I've used Uber eats exactly one time in my life, NEVER AGAIN.  You end up paying double if not triple.  Fuck that noise.
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 4:23:55 PM EDT
[#3]
I just wanna know how many of these MF are the ones that claim they can't afford a state ID to go vote or otherwise identify themselves.
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 4:24:18 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By Whippet06:
So, we have a cart in the lobby of the building (multiple tenants) I work in for food delivery. I work overnight arriving at 8pm and there's almost always food orders left sitting on the cart that have been there since noon.
People are ordering expensive delivered food and not even remembering to pick it up.
View Quote

At my daughter's apartment, you walk up a flight of stairs and there are two apts at the top of the stairs. I some delivery food sitting out when we left and it was still there when we got back a few hours later. She said they leave it out all the time. Student housing, so mom and dad are probably paying for it.
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 4:24:43 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By 3one5:
Both my wife and I have professional careers and live really well.  I've used a food delivery service, like door dash, 3 times in 10 years or so.  Each of those times was a work and on the company dime when the team was in the middle of something and that was the best way to maintain productivity.
View Quote

We (actually my admin) have used door dash a few times for lunch meetings, but we typically order for 12 to 24 people (with standing orders for her to always add plates for herself, the security guard and the janitor.) and use restaurants that will deliver.  It's a small town, and everyone knows we tip 20% on the total regardless of the size of the order, so we get excellent service. $100 plus tips are few and far between in a small town.

I have never even entertained the thought of ordering from Door Dash at home.  Even pizza, we typically just go pick up ourselves.  it's only a mile or two away.
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 4:25:12 PM EDT
[Last Edit: runcible] [#6]
I like the Uber Eats experience, but I don't like paying Uber Eats prices.
So, what I do is buy take out, bring it home, and leave it on the counter for 20/25 minutes.
Once it's all lukewarm and soggy, I microwave it until it's rubbery and unevenly heated.
Mangia!
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 4:25:36 PM EDT
[Last Edit: SuperHeavy] [#7]
Originally Posted By Millennial:
You're not doing it right OP...  

I ordered us a two of Breakfast Baconators this morning for $10.20 (total, delivered) because I was in meetings all morning and too busy to get out or cook.  Used a BOGO offer in the app and considering a Breakfast Baconator is normally priced  $5.19 at the drive thru ... it was cheaper to get them delivered with fee+tip than driving there to get two.

Looking at the app right now, there's an offer a Dave's Double Combo (Large Fry & Large Drink) for $6 with $0 delivery fee... With tip the total would be less than $10 delivered whereas that same meal in person at the drive thru is $11.89.  

Do better OP.
View Quote

Not in my area, just BOGO JBC's

Link Posted: 3/28/2024 4:26:44 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By STL_Nik:
I've used Uber eats exactly one time in my life, NEVER AGAIN.  You end up paying double if not triple.  Fuck that noise.
View Quote

Dang. Not sure what you're doing wrong... but it's something. 🤣
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 4:27:43 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By SuperHeavy:

https://i.imgur.com/sp8USoy.jpeg
View All Quotes

I ordered us a two of Breakfast Baconators this morning for $10.20 (total, delivered) because I was in meetings all morning and too busy to get out or cook.  Used a BOGO offer in the app and considering a Breakfast Baconator is normally priced  $5.19 at the drive thru ... it was cheaper to get them delivered with fee+tip than driving there to get two.

Looking at the app right now, there's an offer a Dave's Double Combo (Large Fry & Large Drink) for $6 with $0 delivery fee... With tip the total would be less than $10 delivered whereas that same meal in person at the drive thru is $11.89.  

Do better OP.

I can honestly say, I've never used DD for a fast food chain.
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 4:31:32 PM EDT
[#10]
I once used this as an example on Reddit as to why alot of people are poor. People who aren't poor don't spend money on frivolous luxuries like this. I was down voted into oblivion under the rationale that this isn't a luxury because poor people don't have a car so they are forced to order through delivery services to be able to eat. Apparently, taking the bus to buy groceries once a week wasn't a good substitute as I only got more doenvotes for suggesting that.
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 4:31:33 PM EDT
[Last Edit: SuperHeavy] [#11]

View All Quotes

Do better OP.

This expires tonight, so I'll just have the Chinese place deliver 4x pork egg rolls and tip the rest.
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 4:32:57 PM EDT
[Last Edit: AbleArcher] [#12]
How do I find a place to deliver avocado toast?

I've read on here it's amazing.
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 4:34:00 PM EDT
[#13]
Eating People’s DoorDash Food
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 4:39:54 PM EDT
[Last Edit: mikNtx] [#14]
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 4:45:53 PM EDT
[#15]

This expires tonight, so I'll just have the Chinese place deliver 4x pork egg rolls and tip the rest.
View All Quotes

Do better OP.

Link Posted: 3/28/2024 4:46:18 PM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By AbleArcher:
How do I find a place to deliver avocado toast?

I've read on here it's amazing.
View Quote

I get mine from the local French bakery.
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 5:16:12 PM EDT
[Last Edit: D_J] [#17]
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 5:31:15 PM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By D_J:

Make better choices.

$20.45 in food
$26.44 delivered to my door

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/174335/IMG_9791-3172105.jpg

ETA - Grubhub, not Uber anything
View All Quotes
I have $25 on Uber Eats to spend. So I tried to order $19 worth of Wendy's. Total price is $43 if you do the recommended 18% tip for the driver. What would cost $20.50 at pickup is $43 delivered.

I know people who order using this multiple times a week and complain they have no money.

Here is what they charge. Mind you the taxes in this area are only $1.51, so they even inflate that. The food prices are also about 15% more than instore pricing.

https://i.imgur.com/50A2NWn.jpeg
https://i.imgur.com/mWEjLjz.jpeg
https://i.imgur.com/5uMveXV.jpeg

Make better choices.

$20.45 in food

You get it.
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 5:48:19 PM EDT
[Last Edit: bluemax_1] [#19]
So would I, but it's not that.  OP's math example is quite a but more than your example.  $23 more than the self service price.

I really like the idea of insta cart and I do use it when I get coupons for free delivery once in a while.  The reality though is that it is a lot more than $5-10 above what I would otherwise pay.  It's a lot closer to $20-30 above what I would pay for the same groceries, going to get them myself.

Services and products cost what they cost, it's a quite different world now than it was 4 years ago.  I am not debating that, but it's important to be honest and look at the actual numbers.  I would jump all over an extra $5 or whatever to not get in the car and go to the store myself, but the reality is that all said and done, the actual total I end up being asked to pay, is much higher than that.

I can tell you where part of this price hike comes from too.  It's not even JUST the delivery fees and service fees and then tip on top of all that.  It's the price of the product.  At least with instacart I have proven it out.  I knew for a fact that some meat I wanted did NOT cost what it said it cost on the site were you select the products for delivery.  So I took a screenshot and then immediately drove my ass to the same store I was getting the service from to look at the sticker in person.  It was in fact....cheaper in person.  They were/are price hiking the actual cost of the product, above and beyond all the fees.
View All Quotes

Yep, and I'll happily pay $5-10 to save myself half an hour.
So would I, but it's not that.  OP's math example is quite a but more than your example.  $23 more than the self service price.

I really like the idea of insta cart and I do use it when I get coupons for free delivery once in a while.  The reality though is that it is a lot more than $5-10 above what I would otherwise pay.  It's a lot closer to $20-30 above what I would pay for the same groceries, going to get them myself.

Services and products cost what they cost, it's a quite different world now than it was 4 years ago.  I am not debating that, but it's important to be honest and look at the actual numbers.  I would jump all over an extra $5 or whatever to not get in the car and go to the store myself, but the reality is that all said and done, the actual total I end up being asked to pay, is much higher than that.

I can tell you where part of this price hike comes from too.  It's not even JUST the delivery fees and service fees and then tip on top of all that.  It's the price of the product.  At least with instacart I have proven it out.  I knew for a fact that some meat I wanted did NOT cost what it said it cost on the site were you select the products for delivery.  So I took a screenshot and then immediately drove my ass to the same store I was getting the service from to look at the sticker in person.  It was in fact....cheaper in person.  They were/are price hiking the actual cost of the product, above and beyond all the fees.

Being cheap AF, has its benefits.

I’ve used Instacart 3 times ever (and DoorDash/UberEats exactly 0 times).

The only times I used Instacart, were with some really good offers.  30% off total order Intro trial. Canceled within the trial period after placing and receiving the order.

Couple months later, they sent me an offer for $40 off an order of $80 or more. So I ordered $83 worth of stuff. They didn’t have some of the items, so they initially tried to not provide the $40 off. I called back, added a few items, so it just topped $80 again. Offer was honored. I track the price of the items I ordered, and the quoted price was the regular price, so I got everything for almost 50% off.

Didn’t use Instacart again until they sent me another of these offers a few months later.

Since then, I’ve only received $30 off $80 or more order offers. Holding out for 50% off again.
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 5:52:54 PM EDT
[#20]
View Quote

Same

There was some sort of new customer promotion where you could get a free delivery, so I thought I'd use it once on a busy work day.  I missed something in fine print and got charged for it. Between the fees and a small driver tip, I paid around $18 for an $8 sandwich.

Once was enough.
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 5:54:57 PM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By gearjammer351:

Same

There was some sort of new customer promotion where you could get a free delivery, so I thought I'd use it once on a busy work day.  I missed something in fine print and got charged for it. Between the fees and a small driver tip, I paid around $18 for an $8 sandwich.

Once was enough.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By gearjammer351:

Same

Once was enough.

🤣🤣
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 5:56:57 PM EDT
[#22]
Originally Posted By twoisone:
America - where even the poor people are fat.
View Quote

One of my favorite sayings, "We've stopped hunger from doing its job".
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 6:00:55 PM EDT
[#23]
The only times I've used Uber eats was on a company card delivered to my work apartment because I was too tired to go out. I miss the $100 per diem and swanky apartments.

Link Posted: 3/28/2024 6:01:32 PM EDT
[#24]
Originally Posted By FlashMan-7k:

People also pay for water. And television. And multiple internet connections (cable and data on their phones). And lease new cars when their old ones are perfectly fine.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By FlashMan-7k:
I have $25 on Uber Eats to spend. So I tried to order $19 worth of Wendy's. Total price is $43 if you do the recommended 18% tip for the driver. What would cost $20.50 at pickup is $43 delivered.

I know people who order using this multiple times a week and complain they have no money.

Here is what they charge. Mind you the taxes in this area are only $1.51, so they even inflate that. The food prices are also about 15% more than instore pricing.

People also pay for water. And television. And multiple internet connections (cable and data on their phones). And lease new cars when their old ones are perfectly fine.

Don’t forget the spending on the whores when the wife’s at home…

Some things are worth it.
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 6:02:15 PM EDT
[#25]

If I'm making $80 an hour
, that extra 30 minutes I'm able to charge gets me $40. So I just made an extra $30-$35 dollars that day.
View Quote

There's the difference.

I get paid a salary and work unusual hours, so I have no idea what my hourly pay would be. It'd probably depress me to know. It sure as shit ain't $80.

I take my homemade lunch with me 95% of the time.
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 6:03:51 PM EDT
[#26]
Originally Posted By Rugerlvr:

So if you go to a restaurant, and buy $50 worth of dinner and have a half-off coupon, you'd only tip on the money you actually paid? That's fucking cheap. The wait staff delivered you a meal worth $50, so you tip on the $50 it would have cost you without a coupon. Jesus, some people.
View Quote

This. If you're going to tip, it is the pre-discount amount you base the tip on.
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 6:04:16 PM EDT
[#27]

You get it.
View All Quotes

Make better choices.

$20.45 in food

You get it.
 He ordered non spicy Thia I am not sure he does.
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 6:06:10 PM EDT
[#28]
I used it to buy booze in TX once.  We were on vacation and ordering an uber to take us to the liquor store would have cost the same.  Funny part it was still cheaper than buying it in an ABC store in VA.  Win, win.
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 6:07:09 PM EDT
[Last Edit: AZGR] [#29]
I get $15/month to use on Uber or Uber Eats through my credit card, and it's use it or lose it each month.   I don't use either very often, so if it's getting towards the end of the month I'll use it for Uber Eats pickup which will basically get me a free lunch at Chipotle or something similar.

A couple of weeks ago I was on vacation with my family - We didn't have a rental car and didn't feel like eating at the hotel restaurant or fighting the crowds at the restaurants within walking distance so we ordered Uber Eats.   When I got the food, one of the entrees that we ordered was missing.  The bag was sealed, so it was pretty clear that the restaurant made a mistake and didn't include the food.  Uber told me to contact the restaurant.  I called them, they apologized for missing the item, but told me that they don't have any way to deliver the item and I'd need to take it up with Uber Eats.   I got in touch with Uber Eats, and they offered to refund me the price of the entree which was around $22 but then we were still short food for one person.  We still wanted/needed the food, but to re-order it cost about $43 with all of the Uber fees, driver tip, etc.   Uber refused to fully refund the cost to re-order the item, so I'm currently disputing it with amex......
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 6:07:22 PM EDT
[#30]
I don't even pay for pizza delivery and rather drive in and pick the pizza myself.
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 6:10:09 PM EDT
[#31]
Originally Posted By RRA_223:

You could argue most businesses models are designed to take advantage of what average consumers don't know.    

View Quote

Yes indeed and especially the business model of Progressivism: The many will own nothing and will be miserable every day.  The few will own everything and be happy in every way.

Biggest business, The Party, is much worse than Uber Eats and Uber Eats is evil.
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 6:10:14 PM EDT
[#32]
I think it's dumb as fuck to spend that on food that is cold when it arrives.

Oh, they don't have a car? Well, they never will if they don't stop wasting money on that shit.
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 6:12:37 PM EDT
[#33]
Originally Posted By Birddog1911:

Just this past Saturday, the wife and I saw a clearly homeless druggie who weighed at least 400 pounds. Not kidding.
View Quote

When I lived in SoCal there was a "family" that would live outside a strip mall, shoplift and beg for a month or so before getting moved on to the next one and eventually they'd rotate back.

There was a huge fat white woman who would pass out/fall asleep in the middle of sidewalk or parking lot and sleep there like nothing. She had to be up at 400 pounds as she was almost as wide as the sidewalk with her kitties spread out.
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 6:12:39 PM EDT
[#34]
I’m seeing some themes here.

E.g., my neighbor 2 doors down is a single mom in her late 20’s who works a low-skill, low-paying job.

A food delivery person is at her house multiple times weekly.

Last month she got in a spat in the driveway with the baby daddy, and I distinctly heard her say she needed money because she was flat-ass broke.

I dislike joining the dog pile of “Poor people are often poor because they’re stupid”, but damn…just try to convince me there ain’t a whole lot of truth to it.
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 6:14:44 PM EDT
[#35]
How soon before Portland, Seattle, and Los Angeles mandate tax payer funded Uber Eats?
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 6:15:29 PM EDT
[#36]

So if you go to a restaurant, and buy $50 worth of dinner and have a half-off coupon, you'd only tip on the money you actually paid? That's fucking cheap. The wait staff delivered you a meal worth $50, so you tip on the $50 it would have cost you without a coupon. Jesus, some people.
View Quote
I don't think it's quite analogous to dining in a restaurant. Nobody is getting tipped to prepare or bag your food. All that really matters is that the tip is enough to make someone want to actually go fetch it. And that varies by locale.
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 6:23:41 PM EDT
[#37]

Yep.  I'm definitely not saying it makes sense for everyone... or for anyone all the time.

I'm just pointing out more that it isn't wholesale always a bad decision all the time.

But if one isn't in a place in their life to support/justify it... work until you are in that place.
View All Quotes

Obviously, it varies case to case.

Sometimes it is stupid.

Sometimes it isn't.

Sometimes it's just fun to be stupid.
No doubt, I do use the service once in a great while and that means I am actively choosing to be wasteful with money.  It's important to remain honest about it though.  It's a I am SUPER fucking lazy/busy and this is really a nice treat for me tonight situation. It cannot become a normal thing for me at least.  It's expensive and I think it's dishonest to pretend it isn't.

Well, I'm reading between the lines, but I'm guessing you aren't scrambling every month to pay your bills.  That's a sign that you actually can make that math work.  Unlike the dumb and poor.

I mean, of everything I remember you posting is a facade, then nevermind.  I mostly just remember you for Asian girls and silly cars.  
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 6:24:13 PM EDT
[#38]
I got the AMEX $15 credit and usually pickup orders to save on the fees and tip. Ill get a delivery once in a while if I don't have time to pack lunch or work overtime.

Some of my coworkers order delivery everyday.  Then complain they don't get paid enough.
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 6:28:26 PM EDT
[#39]
and FAT

poor & dumb AND fat
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 6:35:11 PM EDT
[#40]

I tip appropriately for distance and price. The poke place is 600 feet from my house. Anyway, just using that as an example.  I always do at least the default 15%. Saying "a couple bucks" is an expression.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Voland:
Meh, I use door dash fairly often.

With Dash Pass ($100 a year), I don't pay the delivery fee and the fees going to Dash Pass are also reduced. That adds up.

Say I want Poke for lunch... I could take the 20 minutes to walk the couple blocks, order the food and wait for it, and walk back. Or pay the extra $3.15 in fees and a couple dollars in tip.

So it costs me $5 extra to use DD... but I am able to work an extra 20-30 minutes. Assume I make more than $10-$15 dollars an hour.

So... it's worth it.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/138374/Screenshot_20240328_124459_DoorDash-3171807.jpg

for a $2 tip, they will spit in your food...

I tip appropriately for distance and price. The poke place is 600 feet from my house. Anyway, just using that as an example.  I always do at least the default 15%. Saying "a couple bucks" is an expression.

Wait, wait…

Did you just say you actually pay to have food delivered to you from a restaurant that’s 600 feet away from your house???

Wow. That is…just stunning.
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 6:37:59 PM EDT
[#41]
Between my time in the Marine Corps and getting my A&P I worked for roughly a year as a maintenance technician at a manufacturing plant.

The maintenance technicians started at around $33/hr while machine operators on the production floor started at $18/hr and the warehouse employees were $15/hr. They all hated us and were always crying about how they worked hard and made peanuts while we sat in the maintenance shop most of the night doing nothing and made twice as much.

What I found amusing, besides them not understanding skilled vs unskilled labor, was their lunchroom habits. Over half of them would order food literally every day. They would door dash meals from McDonald’s, Olive Garden, Buffalo Wild Wings, etc.

One night I forgot my dinner at home so I said F it and downloaded door dash and ordered a meal from Wendy’s. It was over $30 for a chicken sandwich, fries and drink.
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 6:42:04 PM EDT
[#42]
Originally Posted By StephenNW:

Wait, wait…

Did you just say you actually pay to have food delivered to you from a restaurant that’s 600 feet away from your house???

View Quote

I mean if it lets him work a half hour, his wage may make up for the money he spends versus taking a break.
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 6:43:31 PM EDT
[#43]
Yeah, Uber eats costs about double what it would cost to go drive there and get it myself.

Sometimes $15-$20 is worth the convenience to not have to go out.
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 6:43:51 PM EDT
[#44]
Originally Posted By Currahee:
We have a free coffee pot in the office, and a coffee machine in the associates dining room.  I have employees that go to the coffee house and pay $6.00 for a cup of fancy shit.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Currahee:
Originally Posted By Strela:
One of my son's employees, who has his own place with a coffee maker, recently paid Uber to pick up his morning coffee from Starbucks before he went to work.

My son told me that he jokingly told the dude that he might have to revisit how much he was paying him.
We have a free coffee pot in the office, and a coffee machine in the associates dining room.  I have employees that go to the coffee house and pay $6.00 for a cup of fancy shit.

"But, but, muh half-caf, Grande soy latte!"
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 6:52:08 PM EDT
[#45]
Originally Posted By BrayD:
I once used this as an example on Reddit as to why alot of people are poor. People who aren't poor don't spend money on frivolous luxuries like this. I was down voted into oblivion under the rationale that this isn't a luxury because poor people don't have a car so they are forced to order through delivery services to be able to eat. Apparently, taking the bus to buy groceries once a week wasn't a good substitute as I only got more doenvotes for suggesting that.
View Quote

I shit you not, on Reddit I once saw someone trying to justify their expensive DoorDash habit. When another poster suggested this person should just cook, that person said they don’t cook because they don’t like to eat “house food”.

That day I learned a new term: “house food”. Although I’m still not entirely sure what that’s supposed to mean.
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 7:00:29 PM EDT
[#46]
Tipping for delivery by percentage seems really off.  

At a restaurant like Denny's you tip based on quality of service, atmosphere, cleanliness, quality of food, etc.  sometimes the tips are shared with others. At a steakhouse where it's more expensive, you generally get better service and tip more.

For Uber rideshare you spend a good amount of personalized time with the driver, sometimes they'll open the door and stow your luggage.

For Eats, you don't get any of that stuff. About 15 seconds with the delivery guy just handing you a bag. And the service is the same if you get a $100 steak plate or $15 Taco Bell meal, but expected to pay more tip just based on meal price.

It's almost like tipping the FedEx drivers based on the amount of the product being delivered.
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 7:01:01 PM EDT
[#47]
Originally Posted By runcible:
I like the Uber Eats experience, but I don't like paying Uber Eats prices.
So, what I do is buy take out, bring it home, and leave it on the counter for 20/25 minutes.
Once it's all lukewarm and soggy, I microwave it until it's rubbery and unevenly heated.
Mangia!
View Quote

One of my nephews has moved in with us.

Rather than eat the dinner I make, or leftovers, he will come home from work and order Uber Eats or Grub Hub.

Most of the time he's into some game so he forgets he orders it.  I look on the camera and see a bag of [insert food here] sitting on the front porch.

I retrieve said food and call to the nephew that his food is here.  He comes down two hours later and microwaves part of it, sticks the other half in the fridge, and then resumes gaming.

Three days later I throw the left over fast food into the trash and make a real dinner.  He comes home from work, orders, rinse, repeat.  He wants to buy/build a new gaming PC but has complained he doesn't have the funds...
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 7:11:47 PM EDT
[#48]
Originally Posted By Samsound:
I don't think it's quite analogous to dining in a restaurant. Nobody is getting tipped to prepare or bag your food. All that really matters is that the tip is enough to make someone want to actually go fetch it. And that varies by locale.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Samsound:

That’s another problem with these services.

When you have to tip BEFORE the service is completed the economic incentives are ass-backwards. With this business model it isn’t a “tip”. It’s a “bribe”.
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 7:13:57 PM EDT
[#49]

Wait, wait…

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Voland:
Meh, I use door dash fairly often.

With Dash Pass ($100 a year), I don't pay the delivery fee and the fees going to Dash Pass are also reduced. That adds up.

Say I want Poke for lunch... I could take the 20 minutes to walk the couple blocks, order the food and wait for it, and walk back. Or pay the extra $3.15 in fees and a couple dollars in tip.

So it costs me $5 extra to use DD... but I am able to work an extra 20-30 minutes. Assume I make more than $10-$15 dollars an hour.

So... it's worth it.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/138374/Screenshot_20240328_124459_DoorDash-3171807.jpg

for a $2 tip, they will spit in your food...

Wait, wait…

Well if hes like this I can understand why.

Link Posted: 3/28/2024 7:17:27 PM EDT
[#50]
Poor people make the world go round just as much, if not more, than rich people.  There are a shit load more of them and they have a habit of making dumb poor people decisions.  I have investments in several banks so I love dumb poor people.
Page / 5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top