Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/11/2024 9:09:50 PM EDT
It’s for a 2017 Camry. I’d like something that holds bike securely without any swaying. What are you guys using.
Bought a fx3 today.
Thx!
Link Posted: 3/12/2024 8:07:16 AM EDT
[#1]
Good old Allen racks work great. Adjust 4 straps and you are good to go. I've used them for decades without issues.
Link Posted: 3/12/2024 8:18:45 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 3/13/2024 9:01:02 AM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By bossco14:
It's for a 2017 Camry. I'd like something that holds bike securely without any swaying. What are you guys using.
Bought a fx3 today.
Thx!
View Quote
I've owned several over the decades and despised every one of them.  No matter how much time and care I took to strap the rack to the car and the bike to the rack, I was always paranoid something was going to go wrong.  And there was always sway.  Also, it was such a pain in the ass to strap my bike into it, take it off at my riding location, strap it back in and then finally, take it back off at home.  I rarely transported my bike and I'm sure I missed out on a lot of fun riding.  

I finally bit the bullet and bought a 1-UP, hitch mounted carrier.  Yes, it was expensive, but as a person who is really enjoys riding and wants to ride other places than my own neighborhood, it was totally worth it.  From stowed position to bike mounted and secured, literally takes about 1 minute.  We are travelling next week and I don't want to leave the rack on my car in a parking lot for a week, so I took it off yesterday.  Took MAYBE two minutes to remove it from my car.  It was worth every penny and I have no regrets about spending the money.
Link Posted: 3/14/2024 7:29:54 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By corwin1968:
I've owned several over the decades and despised every one of them.  No matter how much time and care I took to strap the rack to the car and the bike to the rack, I was always paranoid something was going to go wrong.  And there was always sway.  Also, it was such a pain in the ass to strap my bike into it, take it off at my riding location, strap it back in and then finally, take it back off at home.  I rarely transported my bike and I'm sure I missed out on a lot of fun riding.  

I finally bit the bullet and bought a 1-UP, hitch mounted carrier.  Yes, it was expensive, but as a person who is really enjoys riding and wants to ride other places than my own neighborhood, it was totally worth it.  From stowed position to bike mounted and secured, literally takes about 1 minute.  We are travelling next week and I don't want to leave the rack on my car in a parking lot for a week, so I took it off yesterday.  Took MAYBE two minutes to remove it from my car.  It was worth every penny and I have no regrets about spending the money.
View Quote

Put a 2" hitch on my car just so I could use my 1up.  Best bike rack I have ever used.  But they do cost.
Link Posted: 3/17/2024 10:44:28 PM EDT
[#5]
I hate strap on bike racks. Seen several fail and bikes messed up. Get a receiver hitch and search fb for a used yakama
Link Posted: 3/19/2024 4:06:52 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By 3-gun:
I hate strap on bike racks. Seen several fail and bikes messed up. Get a receiver hitch and search fb for a used yakama
View Quote

I plan on it,for now I bought an Allen. Is there something else I can use in addition to the rubber straps that’s provided to secure the bike more to rack so if I’m on freeways bike don’t bounce off?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top