User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 4
Posted: 3/29/2024 6:07:32 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 1975]
Biden-Mart.com

Attachment Attached File

Trump’s Super PAC launches site to show soaring grocery bills under Bidenomics

Donald Trump’s official Super PAC has launched a new website dubbed “Biden-Mart” that lets users compare Trump-era grocery prices to current costs under Joe Biden’s administration.

Biden-Mart.com, published by the Make America Great Again Inc. PAC, features an interactive grocery checklist that encourages users to “check off the items…to compile your weekly grocery list and see how much more expensive your bill has become under Joe Biden.”

There are over two dozen common food staples to choose from, including coffee, dairy products and a variety of different fruits and vegetables, the Daily Mail earlier reported.

The Post clicked off a grocery list of items to see the impact Bidenomics has had over the last four years.

A two-pound bag of apples, two pounds of ground beef, seven lemons, one gallon of milk and one pound of sugar and coffee each totaled $30.07 — a whopping 57.11% increase from the $19.14 it cost during the Trump administration

Biden-Mart uses data from the United States Department of Agriculture data to compare the prices from January 2021 — when Trump left office — with January 2024.

“Putting food on the table has become harder than ever thanks to ‘Bidenomics,'” the website touts. “As costs for everyday items continue to rise, American families are struggling more and more to foot the bill.”

Overall, grocery prices have surged 25% in the past four years, outpacing inflation’s 19% rise over the same time period, The Washington Post reported least month.

The latest Consumer Price Index reading rose a higher-than-expected 3.2% in February, following a stiff 3.1% advance in January.

Even as inflation ran rampant last year, Biden spun the numbers as good news for his Bidenomics agenda that has consistently claimed to “reduce the [government’s] deficit” despite Treasury Department data showing the red ink has doubled in 2023, from about $1 trillion to $2 trillion.

The Bureau of Labor Statistics is set to release March’s inflation figures on April 10.

Consumer prices have not fallen year-over-year since President Joe Biden’s term began in January 2021.

The closest the economy has gotten to a yearly decrease since Biden took office was in July 2022, when the inflation rate remain “unchanged,” at a sky-high 8.5%.

Trump — who clinched the 2024 Republican nomination for president — has cited inflation and the larger US economy as one of the top issues voters are considering going into the November election.

“People are going through hell,” he said when speaking on consumer prices during an interview with CNBC earlier this month.

“The middle class in our country has been routed and the middle class largely built our country and they have been treated very, very badly with policy.”

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/29/2024 6:09:51 PM EDT
[#1]
"Welcome to Biden-mart, I love you."
Link Posted: 3/29/2024 6:16:15 PM EDT
[#2]
Did he take any accountability for all of the trillions he printed?

The country needs him to win but let's not kid ourselves.
Link Posted: 3/29/2024 6:17:24 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 3/29/2024 6:24:24 PM EDT
[#4]
Yeah the price of a box of cheeze-it crackers is nearly 8 bucks.
Link Posted: 3/29/2024 6:24:53 PM EDT
[#5]
Pretty cool. Biden still wins in November
Link Posted: 3/29/2024 6:30:15 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Hostile1:

View Quote

Although intellectually honest, it makes the 'tards not want to vote for a guy you associate negative things with.

If the last thing they hear is bad, they think he's bad even if he's done nothing but good (not saying that's the situation). Most of the American voting block on either side is one heat wave from retarded.
Link Posted: 3/29/2024 6:33:22 PM EDT
[#7]
56% increase for chicken, ground beef, ribeye, potatoes, carrots, onion, milk and eggs.
Yeah I'd say that's pretty close. But it's only 3% inflation.
Link Posted: 3/29/2024 6:35:51 PM EDT
[#8]
Good thing they put eggplant on there. Staple around here.
Link Posted: 3/29/2024 6:35:58 PM EDT
[#9]
I’m just sick of these clowns all lying and pointing the finger to the other guy when they’re both to blame.
Link Posted: 3/29/2024 6:36:25 PM EDT
[#10]
That's a smart tactic.

The realistic side is that the massive stimulus's he fully supported, along with supporting closing the US down for covid (and attacked Desantis for re opening Florida too soon) greatly contributed. There's a lag delay to these things. The massive spending he supported wasn't going to impact overnight--a large percent of Biden era inflation is Trump doing. Likewise, the raised interest rates under Biden will hurt the economy, but there is also a lag effect. So if Trump wins, the economy will likely suffer from interest rates raised under Biden.
Link Posted: 3/29/2024 6:37:03 PM EDT
[#11]

View Quote

Link Posted: 3/29/2024 6:40:50 PM EDT
[#12]

View Quote

I don’t give a fuck.  Remember when Bush took the blame for all the excesses of the housing bubble to include the fallout from Slick Willie’s Community Reinvestment Act that forced banks to loan money to unqualified buyers?      

I remember.  Let FJB own this since the inflation blew up on his watch.
Link Posted: 3/29/2024 6:55:55 PM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By letsjustexfil:
That's a smart tactic.

The realistic side is that the massive stimulus's he fully supported, along with supporting closing the US down for covid (and attacked Desantis for re opening Florida too soon) greatly contributed. There's a lag delay to these things. The massive spending he supported wasn't going to impact overnight--a large percent of Biden era inflation is Trump doing. Likewise, the raised interest rates under Biden will hurt the economy, but there is also a lag effect. So if Trump wins, the economy will likely suffer from interest rates raised under Biden.
View Quote

Uh, Whut?
Link Posted: 3/29/2024 7:06:08 PM EDT
[#14]
I hit the store today. Ouch!!!
Link Posted: 3/29/2024 7:10:52 PM EDT
[#15]

View Quote

this.  Trump kicked this off.

Link Posted: 3/29/2024 7:12:36 PM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By atavistic:
I hit the store today. Ouch!!!
View Quote

"I don't care if people think I'm Satan incarnat."----Joe Biden
Link Posted: 3/29/2024 7:14:26 PM EDT
[#17]

View Quote

This.  He was, unfortunately, part of the problem.
Link Posted: 3/29/2024 7:21:17 PM EDT
[#18]
We had the misery index under Carter, this is an excellent tool to remind the voters that the huge number of terrible decisions have a cost, and we are paying the cost for Biden shutting down drilling, opening the borders, spending trillions of Build Back Better LOL and on and on.
Link Posted: 3/29/2024 7:25:47 PM EDT
[#19]

View Quote

Stop with your logic.
Link Posted: 3/29/2024 7:26:41 PM EDT
[#20]
Gas here election day 2020-$1.79, Today $3.39. Thanks a bunch FJRB Jr.
Link Posted: 3/29/2024 7:27:00 PM EDT
[#21]
It's a nice campaign ad but let's not pretend Trump isn't a 1990s Democrat. He's the lesser evil.
Link Posted: 3/29/2024 7:29:38 PM EDT
[#22]
Originally Posted By wienerman1961:
Gas here election day 2020-$1.79, Today $3.39. Thanks a bunch FJRB Jr.
View Quote
Lol, I have been assured by some Principled_Conservatives that the President doesn't have any control over gas prices.
Link Posted: 3/29/2024 7:33:27 PM EDT
[#23]
Damn, I was hoping to make it in before the Orange Man Bad! crowd.

Link Posted: 3/29/2024 7:36:06 PM EDT
[#24]
People vote with their wallet. Biden loses.
Link Posted: 3/29/2024 7:36:38 PM EDT
[#25]
I compared the things I buy, and this is either spot on accurate, or it's favoring Biden more than it should.
Link Posted: 3/29/2024 7:38:13 PM EDT
[#26]
View Quote

lol
Link Posted: 3/29/2024 7:39:06 PM EDT
[#27]
That's exactly right.
Food prices more than doubled where I'm at.
Link Posted: 3/29/2024 7:42:28 PM EDT
[#28]
Originally Posted By blue2golf:
View Quote

FPNI, and FJB

Link Posted: 3/29/2024 7:44:50 PM EDT
[#29]
Trump bucks had nothing to do with it.
Link Posted: 3/29/2024 7:45:43 PM EDT
[#30]
Originally Posted By BladedRonin:

This.  He was, unfortunately, part of the problem.
View Quote

A big part of it
Link Posted: 3/29/2024 7:47:06 PM EDT
[#31]
Originally Posted By ArmyInfantryVet:

A big part of it
View Quote

Quickly memory holed among a good deal of other things.
Link Posted: 3/29/2024 7:48:13 PM EDT
[#32]
The price of food is not included with the inflation numbers were are given, so this is good for Trump to highlight the real inflation that has happened under FJB. The small percent inflation numbers we are given is straight up lying to the public with how misleading it is.
Link Posted: 3/29/2024 7:48:45 PM EDT
[#33]
Clever
Link Posted: 3/29/2024 7:50:14 PM EDT
[#34]
remember when we were sending people money in the mail
Link Posted: 3/29/2024 8:08:00 PM EDT
[#35]
I’ll have to remember this thread the next time the never trump’s spout some idiocy and ignore the context something happened in, how well their amnesia cleared up for this post. It’s almost like they have an agenda.
Link Posted: 3/29/2024 8:10:53 PM EDT
[#36]
Originally Posted By GutWrench:
Pretty cool. Biden still wins in November
View Quote

He won't win jack shit. He will be installed.
Link Posted: 3/29/2024 8:13:00 PM EDT
[#37]
Originally Posted By ApacheScout:
Lol, I have been assured by some Principled_Conservatives that the President doesn't have any control over gas prices.
View Quote

During Bush and Obama, I was always assured that it doesn’t react that fast and gas prices were the fault of the previous president, not the current one.  Even though other world events cause changes within days.  And they definitely have nothing to do with the “we’re gonna end oil” policies of biden.
Link Posted: 3/29/2024 8:24:59 PM EDT
[#38]
Originally Posted By aplomado:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

Trump didn't kick this off, covid did. Trump made the mistake of taking the advice of so called experts,all of them working behind his back to undermine him,that inevitably gave us Biden.
Link Posted: 3/29/2024 8:28:07 PM EDT
[#39]
I know for a fact instant mashed potatoes are up 44%. They used to cost a dollar per package now they are $1.44.
Link Posted: 3/29/2024 8:30:27 PM EDT
[#40]
A bag of doritos is literally $5.59 now, a frozen pizza is $10..

What the fuck?
Link Posted: 3/29/2024 8:31:01 PM EDT
[#41]
Biden-Mart

Now selling child scented air fresheners.
Link Posted: 3/29/2024 8:31:30 PM EDT
[#42]
Originally Posted By m1awolf:

Trump didn't kick this off, covid did. Trump made the mistake of taking the advice of so called experts,all of them working behind his back to undermine him,that inevitably gave us Biden.
View Quote

QFT
Link Posted: 3/29/2024 8:31:46 PM EDT
[#43]
Originally Posted By JVD:
56% increase for chicken, ground beef, ribeye, potatoes, carrots, onion, milk and eggs.
Yeah I'd say that's pretty close. But it's only 3% inflation.
View Quote
This 3% is only for last quarter of 2023 or 1st Q 2024.

On top of the 21% cumulative inflation from his first 3 years.

My utilities bill alone has doubled since the so called adults were placed into oiffice.
Link Posted: 3/29/2024 8:44:16 PM EDT
[#44]
Dad built us a great Lionel layout in the basement when we were kids. He put a lot of work into it, and I still feel guilty looking back that I became disinterested after while

My 3yr old boy is really into trains right now and I know he’d love a layout. No space here, though.
Link Posted: 3/29/2024 8:48:57 PM EDT
[#45]
Originally Posted By fredegar:
Dad built us a great Lionel layout in the basement when we were kids. He put a lot of work into it, and I still feel guilty looking back that I became disinterested after while

My 3yr old boy is really into trains right now and I know he’d love a layout. No space here, though.
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/29/2024 8:50:12 PM EDT
[#46]
Originally Posted By blue2golf:
View Quote

+1

Wow guessing Trump didn’t need to raise record funds for this or all of his media time.
Link Posted: 3/29/2024 8:50:54 PM EDT
[#47]
Originally Posted By Tuco22:

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Tuco22:
Originally Posted By ArmyInfantryVet:

A big part of it

It's definitely been memory holed that he was opposed to the massive bipartisan covid bailout bill that was passed through Congress with a veto proof majority, by people with a certain agenda at least.

https://www.npr.org/2020/12/27/950133658/trump-signs-covid-19-relief-package-after-threatening-to-derail-it

Or that he shut down the government twice to try to get them to spend less.

Link Posted: 3/29/2024 8:52:45 PM EDT
[#48]

View All Quotes

Congress kicked it off.
Link Posted: 3/29/2024 8:52:57 PM EDT
[#49]
LOL, you can see the DeSantis people are still pissed and have to turn every single topic into a how much Trump sucks thread.
Link Posted: 3/29/2024 9:11:49 PM EDT
[#50]
Originally Posted By m1awolf:

View Quote

2018 total spending was 4.99 T
2019 total spending was 5.13 T
2020 was 7.72 T an increase of 2.59T
2021 (Biden) was 7.62 - 2.49 T over pre-covid
2022 was 6.48 T another 1.35 T over pre-covid
2023 was 6.13 T another 1T over pre-covid.

Sure Trump spent money fighting a disease no one knew anything about and tried to keep the economy open...what is Biden's excuse for continuing to spend at record levels?  Trump spent 2.59T and got a vaccine out (like it or not) that was to be the end of panic, lockdowns, and everything else.  Biden has since spent another 4.84 T above the 2019 levels, almost double what Trump spent trying to beat covid.  But you orange man bad people still try to blame it all on Trump.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top