Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 5
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 9:03:39 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By JellyBelly:
I wonder if it has an "off switch" built in somewhere so under certain circumstances it can be disabled and not useable against their military?

Seems unlikely, but I'd like to see an electronics expert get into one to see if anything in there can receive a signal.
View Quote

Link Posted: 3/28/2024 9:08:40 AM EDT
[#2]
Originally Posted By BMSMB:

They really feel the need to defend the more expensive purchase
View Quote

Last weekend’s match I passed 30K on my SRO.

Do you think your 507 Comp will get that far?

(I do have a 507 Comp but it’s on a gun I hate so it’s just a backup for when the SRO finally fails)
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 9:21:41 AM EDT
[#3]
I wish New Zealand would make quality optics so I could give my money to a country that conspired with our CIA against my President/President elect in 2016.
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 9:25:31 AM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By Never_A_Wick:

(I do have a 507 Comp but it’s on a gun I hate so it’s just a backup for when the SRO finally fails)
View Quote

Maybe not. But my 507 Comp will also perform without the horrible fish eye effect my SRO had that I hated. Believe it or not my first pistol red dot was an SRO. And I sold it and bought a Holosun.
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 9:27:08 AM EDT
[#5]
We're safe with Vortex and Primary Arms, right?
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 9:30:26 AM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By trails-end:
We're safe with Vortex and Primary Arms, right?
View Quote

Yeah. They sell nothing from China. The chinese made optics they sell don't count.
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 9:37:26 AM EDT
[#7]

Some people are more concerned about shooting a gun than they are about virtue signaling with them.
View Quote

Now do watch collectors. The Chinese have pulled the curtain back and are doing their best to tip over that apple cart as well.

I try not to buy Chinese, but in the case of where a highly over priced European or American product has a very competitive Chinese product being sold for a fraction of the cost, I think it behooves the consumer to buy that product. Obviously the product wasn’t worth what the established companies were asking. The other companies will either catch on and compete or go bankrupt. That’s capitalism.
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 9:41:06 AM EDT
[#8]
How many ACOGs are in UKE? Is that more better?
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 9:46:14 AM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By TheLookingGlass:

Maybe try buying stuff not made in China instead of being an apologist for normalizing  funding the enemy? Yes there are places that make electronics outside of China.  My cellphone tv and laptop are made in either Japan or South Korea, as are most of my other electronics.

You can avoid China on probably 90% of purchases if you do a teensy little bit of web searching first.
View Quote

It's a little late for that, wouldn't you say? China already has more money than we do.
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 9:59:18 AM EDT
[#10]
Buy the stuff that fits your budget and needs, and don't worry about it. I used to be against buying Chinese products back when they sucked, but some are really good now. It would be dumb as a consumer to not buy Chinese products these days.

Originally Posted By BillofRights:

If you buy stuff from China, you Are directly fueling their military.    Own it.       Don’t be a simpleton or a hypocrite.
View Quote

If we buy stuff from China, it's because our elites made it possible. You should direct your anger at them not the consumer who makes the best decisions they can with the money they have.
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 10:15:18 AM EDT
[#11]
People are really that insecure where they have to validate their purchases?

China didn't put a gun to your head to buy their crap, they made it cheap and/or paid politicians (who some here voted for) to coerce us to buy their crap.

By the way Samsung phones are made in Vietnam
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 10:19:54 AM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By BoiseG:
So does our President.
View Quote

Yup, along with all the Democrats in Congress and a vast majority of Republicans. Money is more important.
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 10:44:30 AM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By BroomSlayer:
Buy the stuff that fits your budget and needs, and don't worry about it. I used to be against buying Chinese products back when they sucked, but some are really good now. It would be dumb as a consumer to not buy Chinese products these days.

If we buy stuff from China, it's because our elites made it possible. You should direct your anger at them not the consumer who makes the best decisions they can with the money they have.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By BroomSlayer:

Originally Posted By BillofRights:

If you buy stuff from China, you Are directly fueling their military.    Own it.       Don’t be a simpleton or a hypocrite.

and that’s the R’s and the D’s

Link Posted: 3/28/2024 10:52:12 AM EDT
[#14]
90% of what you buy in the store is chinese...get over it

get angry at those globalist cocksuckers the rockefellers, bush's, nixon, that pile of lizard shit kissinger....they GAVE away ALL our industry to the chicoms....and the boomers went along with it cause "muh pension"
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 11:41:08 AM EDT
[#15]
The unfortunate reality is, Holosun straight up dominates the handgun RDS space.

NOBODY else has good optics for micros and slim slide pistols. The RMRcc is a meme at best, and everything else is flimsy and delicate.

For duty pistol optics, they have a huge range of options and configurations, and even the most basic of these stomp optics like the RMR. The best competitor Holosun faces in this segment is the Aimpoint ACRO, and those are hard to find, expensive, worse to mount, and huge.

The competition space is where the competition actually starts to compare well with Holosun. The SRO and DPP are pretty good here because things like the window matter more than durability.

In the rifle space, Holosun's products are much less compelling. When you get into their better and more duty oriented rifle optics, you're in the same price neighborhood as the Aimpoint PRO and the Meprolight stuff.
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 11:52:06 PM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By Tengo1:

Maybe not. But my 507 Comp will also perform without the horrible fish eye effect my SRO had that I hated. Believe it or not my first pistol red dot was an SRO. And I sold it and bought a Holosun.
View Quote

Don’t notice it, front of the optic is taped over.

In fact if that bothers you, taped optic or not, you’re doing it wrong.
Link Posted: 3/29/2024 10:30:45 AM EDT
[#17]
My guns and knives are China-free zones.
Link Posted: 3/29/2024 10:33:33 AM EDT
[#18]
yup... screw chinasun and the cheapo's that buy it

Originally Posted By LineOfDeparture:
I buy trijicon, Elcan, and aimpoint. Fuck chinasun.
View Quote

Link Posted: 3/29/2024 10:34:08 AM EDT
[#19]
plenty of items... get your face off your branwashing phone

Originally Posted By drw1006:
What isn't made in China!

View Quote

Link Posted: 3/29/2024 10:38:09 AM EDT
[#20]

View Quote

Ahem:
Holosun 507C- 40,000 rounds later
Link Posted: 3/29/2024 11:24:40 AM EDT
[#21]
The reality is our usa companies sold us out decades ago.  Even usa products usually have chinese parts in them. If we all stopped buying  chinese scopes tomorrow it wouldn't change a damn thing other that us optics companies raise prices due to lack of competition.
Link Posted: 3/29/2024 11:31:04 AM EDT
[Last Edit: buck19delta] [#22]
Bitching about U.S. citizens buying Chinese optics, claiming its financing the Chinese war machine, when in reality 95% of everything us citizens buy daily comes from China, from kid toys, to electronics, phones, tvs, radios, headphones, to tools, generators to clothing, and all of it is financing the regime.canadians and others buying Chinese firearms, ammunition, etc.
Link Posted: 3/29/2024 11:41:08 AM EDT
[#23]
Originally Posted By 77Bronc:
How anyone buys that Holosun shit and puts it on a firearm is beyond me...I just dont get it.

View Quote

Yeah, you wouldn’t until you tried one,… I buy the best gear I can and live really close to the Trijicon factory in Wixom, MI. I know a few of their people, have partied with the crew at SHOT, have bought a TON on their sights and scopes over the years…… but right now, what Holosun is offering is just plain Better and I gave up waiting for them to get their shit together. I hope to be able to buy more Trijicon products in the future, but for now I have to go with Holosun.

The WOT started a long time ago and Trijicon and Aimpoint seems stuck in 2002. The people that bought their sights and scopes back then have aged. They offer no diopter adjustment on ACOGs and refuse to implement it, even in a “sport” line. Their red dots blur for people with astigmatism too, Holosun sights don’t. I used to really like the Reflex sights (still do) but a Holosun with a dead battery solar panel works better. I’d still buy more Dual Illuminated Trijicon sights if they were still made, but aside from the RMR’s which I already have, they don’t make them anymore. But Meprolight does and doesn’t seem to have a problem selling them..  I can’t use iron sights as efficiently as I used to, but Meprolight offers the FT Bulllseye front sight and I can use those….

What I need from Trijicon or any other American sight manufacturer:

An enclosed dual illuminated MRDS in the Holosun 509 size range with a chevron reticle
ACOGs with diopter adjustment
The Tripower reborn with “AA”, or CR123 batteries, in Amber.
The RX34 with a Chevron reticle and either a battery or glow stick backup for those 2% of the time shots when it isn’t bright enough
An Accupoint with a Chevron or triangle reticle and a 600m BDC
Link Posted: 3/29/2024 11:46:10 AM EDT
[#24]
Originally Posted By StevenH:
Who supports the American gun owner more? China or Michigan?

View Quote

In this economy?

Trijicon, Aimpoint, EoTech etc. have always been priced at the highest of the market, plus a little more to make sure you want it…

That isn’t “Supporting the American Gunowner”, that’s realizing you have a superior product that has its price artificially supported by military sales. They don’t offer superior products anymore though-especially in the red dot segment…. Mankind has made reflex sights for almost a century now and that is a pretty settled science no matter what country is making them. The devil is in the details, so while Holosun offers forged titanium housings, solar panels, shake awake etc. Trijicon is suing over button placement in the hopes of remaining competitive…

Being ‘Merican doesn’t entitle them to your welfare.
Link Posted: 3/29/2024 11:46:52 AM EDT
[#25]
Originally Posted By JoinDatePostCount:

Serious question, who makes their tritium?
View Quote

No idea, but I would bet they get it in Israel.
Link Posted: 3/29/2024 11:53:22 AM EDT
[#26]
Yet another reason US made optic companies are failing the people.

You do realize the Chinese government owns most all companies in China.

Posted from my $1,500 Chinese made phone.
Link Posted: 3/29/2024 11:53:27 AM EDT
[#27]
Originally Posted By TheOtherDave:

Yeah, you wouldn’t until you tried one,… I buy the best gear I can and live really close to the Trijicon factory in Wixom, MI. I know a few of their people, have partied with the crew at SHOT, have bought a TON on their sights and scopes over the years…… but right now, what Holosun is offering is just plain Better and I gave up waiting for them to get their shit together. I hope to be able to buy more Trijicon products in the future, but for now I have to go with Holosun.

The WOT started a long time ago and Trijicon and Aimpoint seems stuck in 2002. The people that bought their sights and scopes back then have aged. They offer no diopter adjustment on ACOGs and refuse to implement it, even in a “sport” line. Their red dots blur for people with astigmatism too, Holosun sights don’t. I used to really like the Reflex sights (still do) but a Holosun with a dead battery solar panel works better. I’d still buy more Dual Illuminated Trijicon sights if they were still made, but aside from the RMR’s which I already have, they don’t make them anymore. But Meprolight does and doesn’t seem to have a problem selling them..  I can’t use iron sights as efficiently as I used to, but Meprolight offers the FT Bulllseye front sight and I can use those….

An enclosed dual illuminated MRDS in the Holosun 509 size range with a chevron reticle
The RX34 with a Chevron reticle and either a battery or glow stick backup for those 2% of the time shots when it isn’t bright enough
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By 77Bronc:
How anyone buys that Holosun shit and puts it on a firearm is beyond me...I just dont get it.

I also have both and find the Holosuns to be generally better.

I don't share your criticism of the ACOG (I actually find it to be one of the absolute best rifle optics, period), but I'm sort of coming to the conclusion that Trijicon just isn't very good at RDSs.

And that makes sense. MOST companies with varied product lines are pretty good at some things and not so good at others.

Ford and GM make pretty good work trucks, but their compact to mid size passenger cars/CUVs have basically always been garbage.

Samsung and LG make some of the very best consumer electronics on the market, but their appliances have a reputation that's borderline infamous.

Ruger makes great rimfires and single action revolvers, but all their attempts at making service pistols have been underwhelming.

And so it is with Trijicon. They're pretty good at scopes, and not so good at RDSs.
Link Posted: 3/29/2024 11:54:25 AM EDT
[#28]
I've always assumed everything made in China supports.....China.  Duh...

I don't own any Holosuns, but plenty of SIGs.  I try to buy the Romeo 4's (when I catch them on sale) instead of the 5's now, but that is about as far as it will go for me.
Link Posted: 3/29/2024 11:57:38 AM EDT
[#29]
Their military runs most of their arms related manufacturing and always has.  Norinco and Poly Tech are both run by Generals in the PLA.  Clintons hosted them at the White House back in the 90’s
Link Posted: 3/29/2024 11:58:25 AM EDT
[#30]
Originally Posted By GenYRevolverGuy:

I also have both and find the Holosuns to be generally better.

I don't share your criticism of the ACOG (I actually find it to be one of the absolute best rifle optics, period), but I'm sort of coming to the conclusion that Trijicon just isn't very good at RDSs.

And that makes sense. MOST companies with varied product lines are pretty good at some things and not so good at others.

Ford and GM make pretty good work trucks, but their compact to mid size passenger cars/CUVs have basically always been garbage.

Samsung and LG make some of the very best consumer electronics on the market, but their appliances have a reputation that's borderline infamous.

Ruger makes great rimfires and single action revolvers, but all their attempts at making service pistols have been underwhelming.

And so it is with Trijicon. They're pretty good at scopes, and not so good at RDSs.
View Quote

ACOGs are fantastic…. The problem is the collective eyesight of people that can afford them is lacking. We aren’t 19 and jumping into foxholes, we’re in our 40’s thru 60’s and our vision has changed….. I can get a really decent quality prism sight from PA with a useful reticle, BDC, better FOV, better eye relief, AND diopter adjustment for 1/3 the price….. That’s the problem.
Link Posted: 3/29/2024 11:58:41 AM EDT
[#31]
Originally Posted By anymanusa:
I wish New Zealand would make quality optics so I could give my money to a country that conspired with our CIA against my President/President elect in 2016.
View Quote

The Chinese and New Zealand are pretty tight now too.
Link Posted: 3/29/2024 11:59:35 AM EDT
[#32]

In this economy?

Trijicon, Aimpoint, EoTech etc. have always been priced at the highest of the market, plus a little more to make sure you want it…

That isn’t “Supporting the American Gunowner”, that’s realizing you have a superior product that has its price artificially supported by military sales. They don’t offer superior products anymore though-especially in the red dot segment…. Mankind has made reflex sights for almost a century now and that is a pretty settled science no matter what country is making them. The devil is in the details, so while Holosun offers forged titanium housings, solar panels, shake awake etc. Trijicon is suing over button placement in the hopes of remaining competitive…

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By StevenH:
Who supports the American gun owner more? China or Michigan?

In this economy?

The answer is China. China supports the American gun owner. China will mail me a supressor or Glock switch. Michigan hates gun owners
Link Posted: 3/29/2024 12:00:03 PM EDT
[#33]
Originally Posted By Gr0g:
People are really that insecure where they have to validate their purchases?

China didn't put a gun to your head to buy their crap, they made it cheap and/or paid politicians (who some here voted for) to coerce us to buy their crap.

By the way Samsung phones are made in Vietnam
View Quote

Samsung buys LCD screens from China too.
Link Posted: 3/29/2024 12:08:26 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Never_A_Wick] [#34]
Originally Posted By Papaw:

Ahem:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pEQWJ3vzhn0
View Quote

YouTuber?

Highly doubt.  Anything is possible.

Two guys in my club had em go bad a couple hundred rounds in.

Link Posted: 3/29/2024 1:25:07 PM EDT
[#35]

YouTuber?

Highly doubt.  Anything is possible.

Two guys in my club had em go bad a couple hundred rounds in.

View Quote

Really, Pal? That guy is ex Regular Army, currently serving NG who shoots and teaches for a living. Watch enough of the video to see
the insane amount of wear this kid has on his freaking WML. How often does one see that?

Watch some of his other videos, he does NOT fuck around. Regular Guy training. Talks like an 11B.
Link Posted: 3/29/2024 1:27:38 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Never_A_Wick] [#36]

Really, Pal? That guy is ex Regular Army, currently serving NG who shoots and teaches for a living. Watch enough of the video to see
the insane amount of wear this kid has on his freaking WML. How often does one see that?

Watch some of his other videos, he does NOT fuck around. Regular Guy training. Talks like an 11B.
View Quote

What’s his USPSA number?
Link Posted: 3/29/2024 1:31:14 PM EDT
[#37]
Need to increase the horses
Link Posted: 3/29/2024 1:38:17 PM EDT
[#38]

What’s his USPSA number?
View All Quotes

What’s his USPSA number?

lol
Link Posted: 3/29/2024 1:42:10 PM EDT
[Last Edit: BMSMB] [#39]

View Quote

I don't have either yet

Waiting for a rifle to sell... and I'm torn between the 507comp or an SRO... 507comp was where I was leaning... because I always forget to stuff off... but it's got a bit more overhang :/

Currently have an old 507c sitting on the new (to me) DWX
Link Posted: 3/29/2024 1:45:24 PM EDT
[#40]
Uhhh...I assumed that was common knowledge.

I still don't give a fuck.  When NAFTA is eliminated and almost every US politician stops taking Chinese money, then I might start to care.  Until then, I'm as broke as the next poor bastard, so Holosun it is.
Link Posted: 3/29/2024 1:49:10 PM EDT
[#41]

I don't have either yet

Waiting for a rifle to sell... and I'm torn between the 507comp or an SRO... 507comp wad where I was leaning... because I always forget to stuff off... but it's got a bit more overhang :/

Currently have an old 507c sitting on the new (to me) DWX
View Quote

I think you’d be fine with either.

We do have some at matches and the guys like them.

I personally like Trijicon’s service better.
Link Posted: 3/29/2024 1:59:01 PM EDT
[#42]
I always choose the option that's not made in China if there is an option. Sometimes you can, sometimes you can't. Eff the CCP.
Link Posted: 3/29/2024 2:34:59 PM EDT
[#43]

What’s his USPSA number?
View All Quotes

What’s his USPSA number?

Purse swinging for what purpose?

Buy what YOU want and maybe let others buy what THEY want.

Difficult concept, I know.
Link Posted: 3/29/2024 3:39:09 PM EDT
[#44]

What’s his USPSA number?
View Quote

Dunno, ask him yourself.

Look, I don't CARE if you don't like Holosun. You put out a claim and I responded to it. Talking shit about a guy you know nothing
about instead of maybe accepting that your optics choice isn't the only choice in the world makes YOU look bad, not me.
Link Posted: 3/29/2024 3:44:53 PM EDT
[#45]

Dunno, ask him yourself.

Look, I don't CARE if you don't like Holosun. You put out a claim and I responded to it. Talking shit about a guy you know nothing
about instead of maybe accepting that your optics choice isn't the only choice in the world makes YOU look bad, not me.
View Quote

He's laughing at the credentials you used to try and show the guy is credible... as those "instructors" are more and more being shown to be full of shit.
Link Posted: 3/29/2024 4:05:31 PM EDT
[#46]
Originally Posted By RustedAce:
Trijicon loves Jesus.

Thats whats really important.

Buy Trijicon.
View Quote

I felt this
Link Posted: 3/29/2024 5:04:22 PM EDT
[#47]
All of you bitching and whining about buying Holosun is supporting China/CCP are the same people who support Daniel Defense and other government shills that provide weapons to Tyrannical door kickers like ATF, FBI, DEA.

Because Merica made.

Check your fucking hypocrisy at the door.
Link Posted: 3/29/2024 5:10:59 PM EDT
[#48]
Originally Posted By buck19delta:
Bitching about U.S. citizens buying Chinese optics, claiming its financing the Chinese war machine, when in reality 95% of everything us citizens buy daily comes from China, from kid toys, to electronics, phones, tvs, radios, headphones, to tools, generators to clothing, and all of it is financing the regime.canadians and others buying Chinese firearms, ammunition, etc.
View Quote

This.   A lot of people don’t know that Japanese engines are made with parts, from China.   Especially Honda.  

It’s the height of pretension and delusion to imagine that our Optics purchases are somehow, going to miraculously turn the tide against China.  

Arfcom is the ultimate Silly Arguments forum, but this one is the dumbest of all.
Link Posted: 3/29/2024 5:55:09 PM EDT
[#49]
Thank goodness you finally joined our merry band OP, 'cause we never would have known about this.
Link Posted: 3/29/2024 6:02:14 PM EDT
[#50]
If you buy my used RMR’s that I replaced with Holosun’s, you’re supporting a true American, and for that I thank you.
Page / 5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top