User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 4
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 9:28:06 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By AugustineBolishbatfe:

I don't understand how people don't understand what I've written over and over.  

Again (for the 1,000,000th time) . . . it's not about the vehicle . . . it's about the type of person in those vehicles.  

I dislike the culture associated with this:

https://i.postimg.cc/cJR63MZ9/temp-Imageo4qwao.avif

and this:

https://i.postimg.cc/kGm4wTFR/temp-Imaged-Lhuci.avif

Japanese tuning culture is different, and yet the same:

https://i.postimg.cc/fWm5LkV8/temp-Image-SSiyg-L.avif

https://i.postimg.cc/50P7SrMn/temp-Image-Ny-Zyty.avif

But I like a lot of different type of vehicles, maybe even more than you.  

I like many different types of cars from 911s to Fox Body Mustangs.  But I'm also a (private) pilot, so I like these, too:

https://i.postimg.cc/Y91XJSgD/temp-Imagem-FAXAk.avif

I also very much like certain track crawlers . . . specifically the Komatsu D355a.

View Quote

Between this and your other thread you sure brag a lot to try and cover your stupid opinions.

If you think a Skyline GTR is anything like the vehicles you posted, there’s no hope for you. Get lost and let the car guys have their conversation without your insufferable personality stinking up the room.
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 9:32:36 PM EDT
[#2]
Originally Posted By -OdieGreen-:

Between this and your other thread you sure brag a lot to try and cover your stupid opinions.

If you think a Skyline GTR is anything like the vehicles you posted, there’s no hope for you. Get lost and let the car guys have their conversation without your insufferable personality stinking up the room.
View Quote

Please point out the "bragging".  I'll wait.
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 9:34:29 PM EDT
[Last Edit: -OdieGreen-] [#3]

View Quote

Please, hold your breath while waiting for me to point it out.

ETA: Between this shit and your stupid Krink thread you’re certainly on a great path. Whoever banned you before this account was a saint.
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 9:39:55 PM EDT
[#4]

View Quote
You need to change your location from the US to Douchebagistan.
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 9:42:10 PM EDT
[#5]

Please, hold your breath while waiting for me to point it out.

ETA: Between this shit and your stupid Krink thread you’re certainly on a great path. Whoever banned you before this account was a saint.
View Quote

I'm sorry that you don't like the idea that not everyone likes what you like.  

I'll note that you failed to point out any "bragging."
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 9:48:16 PM EDT
[#6]

Again (for the 1,000,000th time) . . . it's not about the vehicle . . . it's about the type of person in those vehicles.  

and this:

I like many different types of cars from 911s to Fox Body Mustangs.  But I'm also a (private) pilot, so I like these, too:

I also very much like certain track crawlers . . . specifically the Komatsu D355a.

View Quote

You say you like Fox body Mustangs. That's all I need to know that your taste in cars is absolute shit. They are the worst, plastic-clad, boring, slow cars to be a fan of.

There are stupid mod trends in every car subculture. Don't act like Jap cars are the only ones that suffer from that.
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 9:53:39 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By gearjammer351:

There are stupid mod trends in every car subculture. Don't act like Jap cars are the only ones that suffer from that.
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/252069/summa_2_jpg-3171345.JPG

Attachment Attached File

View Quote

"Boner" for 45+ years now.

Link Posted: 3/27/2024 9:58:24 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By Maverick52:
It’s about time we get them, the import laws are bullshit.

That said, I kinda agree with the guy who couldn’t care less that they can be imported now. The “everyman” performance coupe aspect of the Skyline is kinda gone when 25+ year old good condition ones sell/will sell for hundreds of thousands, and clapped out ones will still probably cost as much as a new Mustang.

Fast & Furious fans and Gran Turismo nerds (I’m including myself in these categories lol) can over pay for the nostalgia and to satisfy that FOMO itch, but I’d rather get something more modern or an American classic.

Plus, they were always the ugly duckling of jap imports IMO.
View Quote

I read about most of the JDM stuff in Motor Trend, R&T, and C&D in the mid 90's, when I was 8.
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 9:58:37 PM EDT
[Last Edit: AugustineBolishbatfe] [#9]
Originally Posted By gearjammer351:

You say you like Fox body Mustangs. That's all I need to know that your taste in cars is absolute shit. They are the worst, plastic-clad, boring, slow cars to be a fan of.

View Quote

Yeah?  Well, it was my first car (1991 G.T.), and it was the thing that my Dad and I bonded over - teaching me the ins and outs of car maintenance - before he passed suddenly a year after I got my license.

But you're probably right . . . they are really boring and slow, and speed and agility is the #1 reason that people like 30-year old cars.  @gearjammer351
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 10:00:28 PM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By Ronin76:
My "daily" driver over here is a 2002 Stagea AWD running an inter-cooled turbo 260 V6. (I put daily in quotes since nobody living off the military bases drives anything every day)

I picked it up for JPY70,000 - so about US$500. Cheap because the Shaken (inspection) had expired and it needed new tires. I ended up putting another $2,000 into it to get it on the road - could have been cheaper had there been a way to do the inspection myself, which is how I usually do it, but it was way down in Ehime prefecture (bought it through an auction website) and I had to use a local shop for the work. The funny part was that the rims that came on it were worth the JPY70,000 which I paid for the whole car.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Ronin76:
Originally Posted By akguy1985:
Um, yeah I do. In a nutshell it's a Nissan Skyline wagon. Having played Gran Turismo 2,3,& 4 I have had a few.

Originally Posted By fredegar:
I do. The prices on them are creeping up now that people are learning about them. The few that have been showing up at my local cars and coffee are pretty rough.

Originally Posted By Caeser2001:
I do!

Originally Posted By exDefensorMilitas:
I would totally take a 260RS

My "daily" driver over here is a 2002 Stagea AWD running an inter-cooled turbo 260 V6. (I put daily in quotes since nobody living off the military bases drives anything every day)

I picked it up for JPY70,000 - so about US$500. Cheap because the Shaken (inspection) had expired and it needed new tires. I ended up putting another $2,000 into it to get it on the road - could have been cheaper had there been a way to do the inspection myself, which is how I usually do it, but it was way down in Ehime prefecture (bought it through an auction website) and I had to use a local shop for the work. The funny part was that the rims that came on it were worth the JPY70,000 which I paid for the whole car.

Nice.
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 10:28:27 PM EDT
[Last Edit: -OdieGreen-] [#11]

I'm sorry that you don't like the idea that not everyone likes what you like.  

I'll note that you failed to point out any "bragging."
View Quote

Oh I'm perfectly okay with people having different tastes. But when you come in with your massive gaping irritated anus to shit all over the thread and everyone in it, it’s different.

Now that you made yourself look like an insufferable belligerent ass by insulting everyone, you’re trying to play the victim by saying I’m the rude one who can’t accept the opinions of others. You can go back to getting your shit pushed in with your stupid Krink thread instead of shitting up this one as well.
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 11:23:38 PM EDT
[Last Edit: AugustineBolishbatfe] [#12]

Oh I'm perfectly okay with people having different tastes. But when you come in with your massive gaping irritated anus to shit all over the thread and everyone in it, it’s different.

Now that you made yourself look like an insufferable belligerent ass by insulting everyone, you’re trying to play the victim by saying I’m the rude one who can’t accept the opinions of others. You can go back to getting your shit pushed in with your stupid Krink thread instead of shitting up this one as well.
View Quote

Lol.  You just continue to make shit up.  

"iNsUlTiNg eVeRyOnE".  LMAO.  If you check the record, you "insulted" me first. It's words, so I don't care, but do check the record.  

Next Show me where I "insulted everyone".  I know this might come as a shock to you, but you are not the center of the universe and your perception of being attacked (because I don't like what you like) is not shared by everyone.  

You also said "Leftists hate modified vehicles, like you do."  Neither part of that sentence is true.  Neither I nor leftists (that I have ever seen) hate modified vehicles.  It seems like you . . . ya know . .  just made that shit up.

Then you accused me of bragging.  And twice you've been asked to provide supporting evidence, and have failed to do so.  Why?  Because that also isn't true.  

Again, I'm very sorry that you are uncomfortable with people not liking what you don't like.  

I'll try to get this thread back on track for you . . .

I went to school with a kid whose dad had an Acura dealership.  Kid was driving NSXes to school every now and then as a 16 year old.  That was an awesome car (because it hadn't been corrupted by tasteless hacks).

Never mind. . . not worth it.
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 11:53:50 PM EDT
[Last Edit: -OdieGreen-] [#13]

"iNsUlTiNg eVeRyOnE".  LMAO.  If you check the record, you "attacked" me first. It's words, so I don't care, but do check the record.  

Next Show me where I "insulted everyone".  I know this might come as a shock to you, but you are not the center of the universe and your perception of being attacked (because I don't like what you like) is not shared by everyone.  

You also said "Leftists hate modified vehicles, like you do."  Neither part of that sentence is true.  Neither I nor leftists (that I have ever seen) hate modified vehicles.  It seems like you . . . ya know . .  just made that shit up.

Then you accused me of bragging.  And twice you've been asked to provide supporting evidence, and have failed to do so.  Why?  Because that also isn't true.  

Again, I'm very sorry that you are uncomfortable with people not liking what you don't like.  

I went to school with a kid whose dad had an Acura dealership.  Kid was driving NSXes to school every now and then as a 16 year old.  That was an awesome car (because it hadn't been corrupted by tasteless hacks).

View All Quotes

"iNsUlTiNg eVeRyOnE".  LMAO.  If you check the record, you "attacked" me first. It's words, so I don't care, but do check the record.  

Hmm, let’s see.

I'm a straight, white American male . . . so no.  I just think that anything "tuner" related is self-advertising that the driver has Low-T.  

Yet here you are defending Democrats (yet again) who lead wars on oil, vehicle modifications, and have long records of increasing automotive regulations. You sure about that straight male not having low T stuff, because you’re pretty fucking suspect at this point.

Your username must be a joke, because with your stupid war against PSA and blatant defense of Democrats while doing nothing on this site but being a miserable prick to everyone you interact with, I’d think you would love the ATF.

Nice edit too. Like you’re the bigger man for starting shit with everyone and crossing your comments out when it doesn’t go your way.

Thank you for leaving the thread now. Your help getting it back on track is worthless compared to you leaving the thread altogether.
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 12:20:47 AM EDT
[#14]
Obvious troll is obvious.
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 12:45:11 AM EDT
[Last Edit: NIevo] [#15]

"iNsUlTiNg eVeRyOnE".  LMAO.  If you check the record, you "insulted" me first. It's words, so I don't care, but do check the record.  

View All Quotes

If it's not worth it then you could have just deleted what you wrote.  Yet you didn't which shows your colors.

And have you ever tried to modify a car in Cali?  Leftists don't hate cars?
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 12:53:18 AM EDT
[#16]

and this:

View Quote

None of the cars you posted are tuner cars.

Are you getting confused with Stance and Race Inspired Cosmetic Enhanced?  RICE???

Just not a car guy or?
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 12:53:21 AM EDT
[#17]
View Quote

Always been one of my favorite cars.

I'm hoping to get back into an Evo soon.  But quite as rare or expensive but still a crap ton of power and AWD goodnesd!
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 12:56:05 AM EDT
[Last Edit: NIevo] [#18]
Originally Posted By TZLVredmist:

Are you getting confused with Stance and Race Inspired Cosmetic Enhanced?  RICE???

Just not a car guy or?
View All Quotes

and this:

Just not a car guy or?

Ssshhhhh..... don't tell him that body kits, gawdy wings and stickers don't increase hp and performance.
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 7:41:35 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Alacrity] [#19]
Originally Posted By LoBrau:

I DDed a 1st Gen 4runner for 6 years, and while it had ifs I suspect it was otherwise similar. It was fucking awesome, would do again.

Edit: not that I want to DD a 70 series, it would be a weekend/fun/general utility truck.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By 8Thousand:
I mean flood the market, so I can afford one.

I want a 70 series too, but I always wonder how many folks who want a 70 actually know what they are getting themselves into. IIRC, all the ones old enough to import are leaf-sprung stick axle front and rear (Toyota did put coils in the front later on though, FWTW), and the factory powertrains range from "slow" to "tetonic plate movements" relative to the speed most Americans are used to. I've got a decent amount of time behind an FJ62 (also leaf-sprung straight axle FR+RR), and while its totally badass and just oozes character, I'm suspect how many people who aren't committed enthusiast would put up with it as an everyday vehicle.

Look at the Wrangler for example. It used to be much like the 70 series, until Jeep realized they could make bank on selling them to well-off suburbanites, many of whom likely don't even know how to activate the 4WD. There just isn't a ton of demand for true hardcore, barebones 4WD in America, and so the Wrangler got "civilized", sales soared, and now we have Jeep ducks.

Back on topic: the R34 is definitely a period icon, and mega cool. However, I'm going to stir the pot a little... I think the R35 was more impactful on the contemporary car industry upon its release. I'm not saying the R35 is better, or more desirable, just that there is an argument you can view performance cars in a pre-R35 vs. post-R35 lense, and that makes it a more historically important car IMO.

I DDed a 1st Gen 4runner for 6 years, and while it had ifs I suspect it was otherwise similar. It was fucking awesome, would do again.

Edit: not that I want to DD a 70 series, it would be a weekend/fun/general utility truck.

If you haven't spent much time in early leaf J70s, it's hard to explain how poor the ride is, "bouncy" at highway speeds, rough and abrupt over any surface. The steering is never out of control, but requires constant inputs - tho the recirculating ball PS system was welcome (J40 only received power steering in the States 5 years before - '79, later in some markets). NVH and Dynamics are much worse than a N60 Surf/4R. If you had the 22R or 3VZ in 88 or 89, American trucks were sufficiently more enjoyable than Y Petrols (think Toyota Vans in the States) and any diesel equipped N60 elsewhere.

The original J40 and more so the LWB HD J70 utilized a heavy duty suspension, with high rate leaf springs and LC axles, which led to poor NVH and dynamics.

There were complaints previous, and recognition at Toyota. It was so readily apparent Toyota fairly early in dev Toyota established a parallel program for a light J70. At introduction there were two J70s - Heavy Duty, and Light Duty marketed as the Bundera. The Bundera was a short wheelbase utility that utilized J70 systems and body, but substituted coils, 8" Hilux axles (SFA), and Hilux engines and transmissions. The goal was to offer a more comfortable model that still had offroad capability and durability, slotted between HDLC and SWLC lines that had existed since the mid 60's. The idea was more comfort than J70 but cheaper than the J60 for buyers who did not need or want commercial capacity or full on passenger car amenities. It was aimed squarely at other SWB utilities - namely Land Rovers much improved, fully coiled 90, tho eventually 110s as the J60 and very much the J80 were much removed from that segment.

Initially offered only in SWB form, to keep from competing with the more profitable and also more comfort centered J60 Station Wagon Series. Space was limited as were sales. Toyota decided to forgo discontinuation but added a long wheelbase Light J70 in 1990, both Wagon and Van trims. In many markets the nameplate "Bundera" disappeared and "Prado" replaced. By '93 the SWB was gone, but most know the Prado  - J90, J120, J150 and the neues J250 - eventually the GX and now New LC in the States. Over time the HD J70 got the improved comfort suspension 8Thousand mentioned, and aftermarket parabolic springs can greatly improve ride (tho lower payload). Still even the late (tho I haven't been in the most recent that just arrives) J70s are harsher than any first gen Surf/4R (4th gen Hilux)

Attachment Attached File

Toyota Global Pressroom: J70 LWB Lightweight Intro

Having much time in both LD and HD Land Cruisers, as well as a number of pre-divergent Hilux/Pickups, a couple Stouts, and stints in various older commercials (Dyna, Deltas, ToyoAce, Bedford, DAF, MAN) - the early leaf J70s are much closer to medium commercials and near identical to light in comfort. No surprise, for all intents, it's what HDLC were.

Link Posted: 3/28/2024 9:06:58 AM EDT
[#20]
Great, just what I need.  Another project car.  For the right price, I'd have a hard time turning an R34 down.  That was always a car I wanted to build.  I may be excited, but my wallet and wife are nervous.
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 9:16:44 AM EDT
[#21]
They’re going to end up wrecked by wanna be drifters just like all the 240sx’s
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 9:21:44 AM EDT
[#22]
Originally Posted By jb31:
Great, just what I need.  Another project car.  For the right price, I'd have a hard time turning an R34 down.  That was always a car I wanted to build.  I may be excited, but my wallet and wife are nervous.
View Quote

All of this, but as a retirement thing. I'd like one just to cruise around. Doesn't have to be tuned out or anything special. I like the R34 bodystyle and the RHD would be fantastic.
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 10:12:58 AM EDT
[#23]
Originally Posted By Alacrity:

If you haven't spent much time in early leaf J70s, it's hard to explain how poor the ride is, "bouncy" at highway speeds, rough and abrupt over any surface. The steering is never out of control, but requires constant inputs - tho the recirculating ball PS system was welcome (J40 only received power steering in the States 5 years before - '79, later in some markets). NVH and Dynamics are much worse than a N60 Surf/4R. If you had the 22R or 3VZ in 88 or 89, American trucks were sufficiently more enjoyable than Y Petrols (think Toyota Vans in the States) and any diesel equipped N60 elsewhere.

The original J40 and more so the LWB HD J70 utilized a heavy duty suspension, with high rate leaf springs and LC axles, which led to poor NVH and dynamics.

There were complaints previous, and recognition at Toyota. It was so readily apparent Toyota fairly early in dev Toyota established a parallel program for a light J70. At introduction there were two J70s - Heavy Duty, and Light Duty marketed as the Bundera. The Bundera was a short wheelbase utility that utilized J70 systems and body, but substituted coils, 8" Hilux axles (SFA), and Hilux engines and transmissions. The goal was to offer a more comfortable model that still had offroad capability and durability, slotted between HDLC and SWLC lines that had existed since the mid 60's. The idea was more comfort than J70 but cheaper than the J60 for buyers who did not need or want commercial capacity or full on passenger car amenities. It was aimed squarely at other SWB utilities - namely Land Rovers much improved, fully coiled 90, tho eventually 110s as the J60 and very much the J80 were much removed from that segment.

Initially offered only in SWB form, to keep from competing with the more profitable and also more comfort centered J60 Station Wagon Series. Space was limited as were sales. Toyota decided to forgo discontinuation but added a long wheelbase Light J70 in 1990, both Wagon and Van trims. In many markets the nameplate "Bundera" disappeared and "Prado" replaced. By '93 the SWB was gone, but most know the Prado  - J90, J120, J150 and the neues J250 - eventually the GX and now New LC in the States. Over time the HD J70 got the improved comfort suspension 8Thousand mentioned, and aftermarket parabolic springs can greatly improve ride (tho lower payload). Still even the late (tho I haven't been in the most recent that just arrives) J70s are harsher than any first gen Surf/4R (4th gen Hilux)

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/14291/IMG_1415_jpeg-3171602.JPG

Having much time in both LD and HD Land Cruisers, as well as a number of pre-divergent Hilux/Pickups, a couple Stouts, and stints in various older commercials (Dyna, Deltas, ToyoAce, Bedford, DAF, MAN) - the early leaf J70s are much closer to medium commercials and near identical to light in comfort. No surprise, for all intents, it's what HDLC were.

View All Quotes

I want a 70 series too, but I always wonder how many folks who want a 70 actually know what they are getting themselves into. IIRC, all the ones old enough to import are leaf-sprung stick axle front and rear (Toyota did put coils in the front later on though, FWTW), and the factory powertrains range from "slow" to "tetonic plate movements" relative to the speed most Americans are used to. I've got a decent amount of time behind an FJ62 (also leaf-sprung straight axle FR+RR), and while its totally badass and just oozes character, I'm suspect how many people who aren't committed enthusiast would put up with it as an everyday vehicle.

Look at the Wrangler for example. It used to be much like the 70 series, until Jeep realized they could make bank on selling them to well-off suburbanites, many of whom likely don't even know how to activate the 4WD. There just isn't a ton of demand for true hardcore, barebones 4WD in America, and so the Wrangler got "civilized", sales soared, and now we have Jeep ducks.

Back on topic: the R34 is definitely a period icon, and mega cool. However, I'm going to stir the pot a little... I think the R35 was more impactful on the contemporary car industry upon its release. I'm not saying the R35 is better, or more desirable, just that there is an argument you can view performance cars in a pre-R35 vs. post-R35 lense, and that makes it a more historically important car IMO.

I trust you, but I still want to drive a 70 series or two to see for myself.

Can they be that much worse than something like a Jeep Wrangler or old school Big 3 3/4 ton?
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 10:15:31 AM EDT
[#24]
Originally Posted By KELBEAST:
View Quote

I think price point prevents this from happening.

The 240SXs (and Jeep XJs and Foxbody Mustangs) all got bought up cheap and wiped out at genocidal levels because they were cheap and easily accessible to young guys with no common sense.

These R34s are going to mostly be garage queens for younger Gen X and older Millennials who are now 40+ years old.
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 10:19:37 AM EDT
[#25]
Street racing is stupid. The cars are sweet though.

Smokey Nagata R33 328km/h Tunnel HD
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 10:23:34 AM EDT
[#26]
I think they are really cool looking cars.....but for $30K+, I can think of a lot better options than a 20yr old car that's been rotting away in an overseas warehouse somewhere.

Link Posted: 3/28/2024 10:28:37 AM EDT
[#27]
I wouldn't mind having a Nissan president.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 10:29:47 AM EDT
[#28]
View Quote

GTR’s aren’t good drift cars being AWD.

In Japan the 4 door GTST/GTT RWD cars seem to have a better reputation for drifting due to the weight dispersion. Apparently the two doors are a little harder to drift but many still do it.

Not many drift R32 and R33 cars stateside though. The Silvia cars are even getting out of price range for many young idiots. Much easier to get a BRZ/86 or something else on payments than plop down $12,000 for a clean project car.
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 10:48:24 AM EDT
[#29]
Originally Posted By imq707s:
I think they are really cool looking cars.....but for $30K+, I can think of a lot better options than a 20yr old car that's been rotting away in an overseas warehouse somewhere.

View Quote

Remember when the CMP 1911 program was announced and guys were comparing CMP's prices to new guns and talking about how much of a "ripoff" they were?

This is kind of like that.
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 11:20:16 AM EDT
[#30]

View All Quotes

Still want one.
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 11:43:58 AM EDT
[#31]
Originally Posted By GenYRevolverGuy:

The 240SXs (and Jeep XJs and Foxbody Mustangs) all got bought up cheap and wiped out at genocidal levels because they were cheap and easily accessible to young guys with no common sense.

These R34s are going to mostly be garage queens for younger Gen X and older Millennials who are now 40+ years old.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By GenYRevolverGuy:

Yup. Even a “clunker” R34 is likely going to be high 5 figure range here in the states.
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 11:53:43 AM EDT
[Last Edit: -OdieGreen-] [#32]
Looks like average R34 GTT’s are hovering in the 30-40k area. Not clapped out but 50k mile area.  

You can find them a bit lower in the European and Australian markets too.
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 11:56:30 AM EDT
[#33]
I should have specified, R34 = GTR when I said R34

The lower models will always be a bit cheaper than the halo.
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 11:56:46 AM EDT
[#34]

Still want one.
View Quote

They are no doubt cool

Link Posted: 3/28/2024 12:12:34 PM EDT
[Last Edit: AugustineBolishbatfe] [#35]
Originally Posted By NIevo:
 Leftists don't hate cars?
View Quote

Is reading comprehension disease contagious?

The statement WASN'T "Leftists don't hate cars."  

The statement WAS "Leftists don't hate MODIFYING cars."  
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 12:39:32 PM EDT
[Last Edit: bluemax_1] [#36]

Just not a car guy or?
View All Quotes

and this:

Just not a car guy or?

My favorite acronym for RICE is
Ridiculously
Ineffective/Idiotic
Cosmetic
Enhancements
eg. Putting a giant rear wing on a FWD car, without doing anything to increase downforce on the front, thereby exacerbating understeer, or stance, which takes increased camber, to stupid levels purely for the look. I remember a 4 year old cousin, sitting on her cat, trying to ride it. Every time I see ‘stanced’ cars, I immediately think of that poor cat with its legs splayed out

Had a college buddy who cut the springs on his (of course) Honda, who was so proud of how it looked. “Yeah, it’s slammed. Looks sweet, doesn’t it?” It had NO bump compliance whatsoever, and handling was absolute shit.

Yeah, people who conflate tuners (who focus on performance mods) vs Ricers (who focus on cosmetic mods, oftentimes to the detriment of performance), considering themselves “car guys” 🙄
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 4:32:48 PM EDT
[Last Edit: SC4eyes] [#37]

Still want one.
View All Quotes

Still want one.

#METOO

I learned how to drive in a WWII Era Jeep, and daily drove a '66 Bronco in the late '80s before I got married, had various leaf sprung jeeps and 3/4 ton trucks too.
Being ambidextrous, and having experience driving/autocrossing a couple of old RHD British vehicles, I think I can deal with the "downsides".

I would LOVE an R-32 GTR, but no way I can afford to buy one or maintain it.
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 5:39:13 PM EDT
[#38]
Originally Posted By imq707s:

View Quote

For $30k they would be a steal.
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 5:40:49 PM EDT
[#39]

Is reading comprehension disease contagious?

The statement WASN'T "Leftists don't hate cars."  

The statement WAS "Leftists don't hate MODIFYING cars."  
View Quote

Try modifying a car in California.
Page / 4
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top