Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 4
Posted: 3/27/2024 12:20:47 AM EDT
[Last Edit: -OdieGreen-]
Saw a video on Instagram showing a lot with what looked to be hundreds arranged by birthdate for shipping off to the U.S. My feed refreshed but in trying to find the video on google, it looks like most Japanese used car dealers are pulling them to send here. I like that.

Anyone going to buy one? I’m debating a GTT now that there’s a LSX swap kit. It’d be a unique badass little weekend warrior for cheaper than a new Mustang.

One of many dealer stashes waiting for their export date to sunset.
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 12:21:20 AM EDT
[#1]
Good.
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 12:22:27 AM EDT
[#2]
I'd even settle for a non GTR!
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 12:22:39 AM EDT
[#3]
I'll likely be a buyer in the next few years.
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 12:22:57 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Dieselman] [#4]
No.  Nissan = Shit.  Right hand drive = Shit. And they are ugly.  

Send 2nd gen Supra's instead.  Oops, I meant 4th gen LOL!
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 12:26:09 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Dieselman:

Send 2nd gen Supra's instead.
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 12:28:06 AM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By noob5000000:
Good.
View Quote

We should have had them in LHD from day one.
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 12:30:09 AM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By -OdieGreen-:

/media/mediaFiles/sharedAlbum/200-816.gif
View Quote

To clarify, I mean No I won't be buying one.  They are all yours OP!
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 12:31:25 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Beretta_Jerry] [#8]

View Quote

Modern Nissan=shit, Goofus.
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 12:32:39 AM EDT
[#9]
Meh, depends on the price but always like that model.
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 12:33:14 AM EDT
[#10]
Send them all here, the USA is a big Country and we have plenty of room for 'em  
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 12:33:15 AM EDT
[#11]
How much
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 12:35:00 AM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By Beretta_Jerry:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Beretta_Jerry:

My experience has been that they have all been shit.  All the way back to the days of the Datsun.  Surely YMMV
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 12:38:44 AM EDT
[Last Edit: RealityCheck0311] [#13]
I just feel they're going to be ridiculously priced even as a gray market car.

I remember spending time in Japan 10-15 years ago looking at used car lots and shocked how cheap everything is (S14s, S15s, GTRs, Laurels, SW20, WRX, EVO's, etc...)

Then checking the prices in the US and the same gray market cars are like 5 times the price. And this was from sketchy importers too.

Those cars can be had for so cheap over there because of their restrictions and taxes on kilometers. When cars get to a certain mileage, used car lots will be filled with them.

Can't wait to see R34 GTRs with high mileage go for something insane like 75k.
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 12:40:57 AM EDT
[#14]
Kind of partial to the Mitsubishi FTO myself...
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 12:42:37 AM EDT
[Last Edit: akguy1985] [#15]
Originally Posted By Skydivesnake:
Kind of partial to the Mitsubishi FTO myself...
View Quote

My favorite car in Grand Turismo 2, 3, and 4.

1995 Mitsubishi FTO: Regular Car Reviews
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 12:47:27 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Honeypot_DMZ] [#16]
R32 is still king. Simple look and sleeker lines.

Link Posted: 3/27/2024 12:48:01 AM EDT
[#17]
I'd love one but I'm thinking they're going to go for $70K and up.

Glad to see were finally getting some of the older Japanese cars that we never had though. I'd personally love to see the Celica GT-Four. It was like a baby Supra.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 12:51:06 AM EDT
[#18]
A 25+ yo Japanese import for less than a new mustang? You don't say.

No wonder the jap dealers are pulling their junk trash for Americans willing to pay top dollar. These things are just sitting in garages and lots over there.
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 1:01:32 AM EDT
[#19]
Y'all need Jesus.
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 1:05:10 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Honeypot_DMZ] [#20]
Originally Posted By wookie1562:

No wonder the jap dealers are pulling their junk trash for Americans willing to pay top dollar. These things are just sitting in garages and lots over there.
View Quote

Are you trying to say people should be buying new Mustangs instead of a GTRs? Why would i want to drive something so basic and played out that i see dozens of out on the streets daily? No one cares about new Mustangs as there is no soul in them. They are a dime a dozen. This is coming from someone that's owned a couple built Mustangs in past 30 years. All I will say to this is.... been there done that!
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 1:05:35 AM EDT
[Last Edit: -OdieGreen-] [#21]
Originally Posted By RealityCheck0311:

I remember spending time in Japan 10-15 years ago looking at used car lots and shocked how cheap everything is (S14s, S15s, GTRs, Laurels, SW20, WRX, EVO's, etc...)

Then checking the prices in the US and the same gray market cars are like 5 times the price. And this was from sketchy importers too.

Those cars can be had for so cheap over there because of their restrictions and taxes on kilometers. When cars get to a certain mileage, used car lots will be filled with them.

View Quote

Low mile R34 GTR’s are already being offered at almost double that on reserve. Prices will inevitably come down as the import window opens up too.

R32’s GTR’s go for around 30k on BaT unless they’re some crazy build or insanely low miles. They were crazy expensive at first too. You can get a decent GTST for under 20k regularly now.

An Impul R33-R sold for 27k on BaT which is crazy. R33 GTR in midnight purple with 2,000 miles went for 67k. A Type M with 5,000 miles sold for 23k.

It will take a few years but prices will come down significantly for the R34’s too.
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 1:06:38 AM EDT
[#22]
Originally Posted By RealityCheck0311:

View Quote

Japanese already know about our 25 year rule and are pricing their cars accordingly. Only thing cheap is newer cars but then you have to pay storage fees over there till legal.
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 1:13:06 AM EDT
[#23]
Originally Posted By Honeypot_DMZ:

Are you trying to say people should be buying new Mustangs instead of a GTRs? Why would i want to drive something so basic and played out that i see dozens of out on the streets daily? No one cares about new Mustangs as there is no soul in them. They are a dime a dozen. This is coming from someone that's owned a couple built Mustangs in past 30 years. All I will say to this is.... been there done that!
View Quote

Not at all, people should spend money on whatever they like. Some like swords and fedoras, some people subscribe to onlyfans, and some will buy old Japanese imports for 30k.
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 1:20:59 AM EDT
[Last Edit: -OdieGreen-] [#24]

View Quote

It took the Mustang GT a full extra 30 years to be able to match the lowly R32 on a race track. They also probably made 5000 Mustang GT’s to every GTR year by year.

You don’t have to like it, but it was the first every man’s car to actually beat up the exotics. And it would smoke a Testarossa on any type of race track with 3 friends in the car for a fourth of the price.

Some of us are car guys that respect the classics, but you will likely never understand.
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 1:23:35 AM EDT
[#25]
My bil has one. Right hand drive and all that.
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 1:29:14 AM EDT
[#26]
Originally Posted By -OdieGreen-:

It took the Mustang GT a full extra 30 years to be able to match the lowly R32 on a race track. They also probably made 5000 Mustang GT's to every GTR year by year.

You don't have to like it, but it was the first every man's car to actually beat up the exotics. And it would smoke a Testarossa on any type of race track with 3 friends in the car for a fourth of the price.

Some of us are car guys that respect the classics, but you will likely never understand.
View Quote

How compelling. Import an ancient Japanese everyman's exotic.

How about building a factory 5 cobra instead? Similar price point.
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 1:37:58 AM EDT
[#27]
If someone totals one and I can get it dirt cheap and fix it maybe.
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 1:52:43 AM EDT
[#28]
Good.

The epa is a cancer on the car community
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 2:24:48 AM EDT
[Last Edit: -OdieGreen-] [#29]

How compelling. Import an ancient Japanese everyman's exotic.

How about building a factory 5 cobra instead? Similar price point.
View Quote

Because Cobras only serve two purposes. Track use, or just to be seen in.

You can hop in a sorted Skyline and do anything a normal car needs to do. You could buy a cheap single turbo model even as a 4 door and still beat up most cars on the road.

The factory commuter hotrods of the era were either dead or miles behind. The GMC Typhoon was really the only thing in all of the 90’s that could hang but certainly not in the element of breaking Nurburgring records like the Skyline. Germans nope. Corvette nope. F and fox bodies nope. Grand National was gone.

The Skyline was the king that came from humble roots. That’s why it was so loved in Japan and it was why the rest of the world adored it.
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 2:38:39 AM EDT
[Last Edit: JoseCuervo] [#30]
How about a 24 year old GT-R with 100k miles…

$260K

As the auction nears its end with only 2 days remaining, just a friendly reminder that this R34 Nissan Skyline GT-R V-Spec N1 is Show or Display legal, and free indoor storage is available until March 2025 if the winning bidder wants to wait and import under the 25 year law.
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 2:48:19 AM EDT
[#31]
I can drive stick but left handed? And then get back in my car right handed?
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 2:53:26 AM EDT
[#32]
Zero interest in a RHD car. I see plenty of RHD imports around Portland. Diesel 80 series Land cruisers, Hi Ace vans, some sort of Mini Van like firetruck.
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 3:17:18 AM EDT
[#33]
Overpriced and overhyped.

Still an awesome car.
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 4:13:39 AM EDT
[#34]
Awesome
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 4:21:24 AM EDT
[#35]
Right hand drive? I'm out in the sticks where the natives drive 5 under and the closest 4 lane is 30 miles away. Love my Miata coupe.
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 4:24:16 AM EDT
[#36]
Originally Posted By HillaryClinton:
I'd love one but I'm thinking they're going to go for $70K and up.

Glad to see were finally getting some of the older Japanese cars that we never had though. I'd personally love to see the Celica GT-Four. It was like a baby Supra.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/435954/wallpapers-toyota-celica-1994-4-15184468-3170632.JPG
View Quote

Yeah I'd love to have this and a 93 GT-Four with the flip up headlights. My buddy is bringing over an R33 when he moves back to the US from Japan next year.
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 4:34:14 AM EDT
[#37]
I wonder if anybody in the US knows what a Stagea is?
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 4:48:53 AM EDT
[#38]
It would be interesting to know the total that come in. Then a year later see how many are still left in driving condition after all the Fast and the Furious wannabes have totaled them.
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 5:44:24 AM EDT
[#39]
I remember years ago doing a delivery at an AT&T office. I noticed an R32 in the parking lot. I purposely drove by it on my way out...nedium gray color, RHD, looked stock. And it looked awesome.

I've wanted one ever since I saw it in the original Gran Turismo. I like the R33 and the R34, too, but the R32 is my favorite. I'd love to have one in dark gray and throw some RAYS Volk Racing TE37s on it.
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 6:14:49 AM EDT
[Last Edit: akguy1985] [#40]
Originally Posted By Ronin76:
View Quote

Um, yeah I do. In a nutshell it's a Nissan Skyline wagon. Having played Gran Turismo 2,3,& 4 I have had a few.
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 6:15:57 AM EDT
[#41]
View Quote

I do. The prices on them are creeping up now that people are learning about them. The few that have been showing up at my local cars and coffee are pretty rough.
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 6:23:03 AM EDT
[#42]
I want a RHD ITR.
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 6:26:12 AM EDT
[#43]
I loved fast and furious but never saw the appeal of those cars.  90s 2 door cars are fun and all but let’s not lose our minds.
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 6:41:40 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Ilikepieman] [#44]
Originally Posted By MHowski:
I loved fast and furious but never saw the appeal of those cars.  90s 2 door cars are fun and all but let’s not lose our minds.
View Quote

The appeal with the gtr is the rb26dett engine.  They can make insane power on the factory block with a simple turbo, fuel injectors and a tune.  Who doesn’t like 1000 all wheel horsepower
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 6:46:02 AM EDT
[Last Edit: FoxValleyTacDriver] [#45]
I know a guy that bought one.

Think he paid around 40k for it.

It had something that needed to be fixed though. I don't remember what.

He also had a imported Integra I think.
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 6:55:04 AM EDT
[#46]
How many is "flooded".
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 7:02:06 AM EDT
[#47]
Sign me up for a single turbo rwd coupe for me.
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 7:08:23 AM EDT
[#48]
View Quote

I do!
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 7:08:40 AM EDT
[#49]
Just wait for the fakes to start arriving from China...
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 7:43:21 AM EDT
[#50]
Originally Posted By MontstrSp:
I'd even settle for a non GTR!
View Quote

Black one or white one? I can point you to either one for 34k right now(non-gtr)
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top