Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 119
Link Posted: 3/19/2024 4:46:40 PM EDT
[#1]
They won't imbed for me, but I can open them in a new tab. Congrats on the new ride!
Link Posted: 3/19/2024 6:41:38 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Mblades:
@Hulley your car is looking great but you need these…Euro bumper trim pieces
View Quote

I have them plus the euro bumper tubes that I shortened about an inch, just haven't gotten around to installing them yet. lol, I've been lazy.
Link Posted: 3/20/2024 10:45:11 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 3/21/2024 5:35:49 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By Hulley:

I have them plus the euro bumper tubes that I shortened about an inch, just haven't gotten around to installing them yet. lol, I've been lazy.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Mblades:
@Hulley your car is looking great but you need these…Euro bumper trim pieces

I know that feeling all too well. I planned to tuck the bumpers before I ever bought the car, everything including a spare front bumper in the same color to practice on has been sitting on the shelf for at least 5 years.
Link Posted: 3/22/2024 11:03:02 PM EDT
[#8]
Ever walk through the showroom and just stare for a few minutes?  This one got me drooling

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/22/2024 11:14:01 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By WWolfe:
Ever walk through the showroom and just stare for a few minutes?  This one got me drooling

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/489002/911_sc_-_1_jpeg-3166720.JPG
View Quote

That happens when I see Turbo S or 918s
Link Posted: 3/22/2024 11:21:36 PM EDT
[Last Edit: WWolfe] [#10]
Originally Posted By NorthBridge:

That happens when I see Turbo S or 918s
View Quote

They had a turbo S in a dark green color.  Almost dark grey.  Interesting color and really looked great in the showroom lighting.

Link Posted: 3/24/2024 10:07:52 AM EDT
[#11]

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/489002/911_sc_-_1_jpeg-3166720.JPG
View Quote

Looks amazing. I wish the sport classic was going to be more widely available. A turbo sized body, without the intakes just looks SO smooth.

And I do like gentian blue on the 911 - classy all the way.
Link Posted: 3/24/2024 10:18:51 AM EDT
[Last Edit: -CUJO-] [#12]

They had a turbo S in a dark green color.  Almost dark grey.  Interesting color and really looked great in the showroom lighting.

View Quote

Maybe Aventurine Green?
Link Posted: 3/24/2024 11:24:12 AM EDT
[#13]
The wife has been hinting that she’d like to move from the Macan Turno to a Turbo S vert

I’m sure that will be cheap
Link Posted: 3/25/2024 3:13:23 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 3/25/2024 7:50:31 PM EDT
[Last Edit: MATTINFAIRBORN] [#15]
Hood up to check the oil?

***The service station where I worked in high school hired a kid who was a real dummy.  This was in the late 1960s.  We sent him out to check the coolant level in a VW bug.

Other times we had him bring in his dad's car to grease the brake shoes so they'd last longer (we didn't).  Sent him to the parts store to get a non-ferrous retrograde jitney pin or some other fictitious part with the parts store counter guy in on the gag.  Always OOS and would be back in stock 'next week'.
Link Posted: 3/26/2024 7:28:07 AM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By MATTINFAIRBORN:

***The service station where I worked in high school hired a kid who was a real dummy.  This was in the late 1960s.  We sent him out to check the coolant level in a VW bug.

Other times we had him bring in his dad's car to grease the brake shoes so they'd last longer (we didn't).  Sent him to the parts store to get a non-ferrous retrograde jitney pin or some other fictitious part with the parts store counter guy in on the gag.  Always OOS and would be back in stock 'next week'.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By MATTINFAIRBORN:

My car seems to be one of the 992 models with the battery drain issue.  I have to plug it in when not in use.
Link Posted: 3/26/2024 1:32:08 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 3/26/2024 4:48:48 PM EDT
[#18]
The wife has been hinting that she’d like to move from the Macan Turno to a Turbo S vert

I’m sure that will be cheap
View Quote

Heh. She want a new one?
Link Posted: 3/26/2024 4:53:45 PM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By 6172crew:

My car seems to be one of the 992 models with the battery drain issue.  I have to plug it in when not in use.
View Quote

What kind of battery drain problem - doesn't start, or takes longer to start or?

How long does it have to sit before the symptoms surface?

I haven't noticed anything yet on mine, but the longest it has sat without being driven is maybe 48 hours.
Link Posted: 3/26/2024 10:46:47 PM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By The_Rock:

Heh. She want a new one?
View Quote

She wants a low mile 991.2. Likes the interior better.
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 1:54:22 AM EDT
[Last Edit: BlackTaco] [#21]

What kind of battery drain problem - doesn't start, or takes longer to start or?

How long does it have to sit before the symptoms surface?

I haven't noticed anything yet on mine, but the longest it has sat without being driven is maybe 48 hours.
View Quote

Congrats on the new 992!! Gorgeous!

It’s a common 992 issue if the original battery has ever dropped voltage significantly (it’s taken some only 2 weeks without a start). When I purchased my 992 it was shipped across the country and took 5 days. The truck driver left my windows down, and wasn’t sure if he left the car in ACC mode. Needless to say, in a tight enclosed trailer it was a huge pain in the ass. Wouldn’t charge - couldn’t jump (was at 4 volts), had to swap the battery just to reverse out of the trailer. I put the old Porsche battery back in, after a 48hr trickle charge up to 13.5V - and it worked okay for a few weeks. Went to install springs, left doors/hood open for 3-4 hours - completely dead again. Porsche replaced for free.
Most all the 992 guys that don’t drive weekly have them on tenders. Mine has been great since the new battery, but I’d suggest just plugging it into a tender to avoid a $1300 battery replacement. After the battery tanks, it can also cause some really weird shit to happen. The dealer had to reset some steering code that went faulty when mine died. Shit ton of CEL’s.

Also, make sure your negative battery tenders aren’t on the battery negative, you use the grounding post.
(Just went out to throw mine on a tender )
Attachment Attached File

ETA - also, if you run the ME Tune, whenever you’re installing/uninstalling, your car needs to be on a charger.
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 4:53:35 AM EDT
[#22]
What a serious pain in the ass. None of my Porsches have ever needed a tender. And I’m talking up to a month at times with no activity (during winter for example).

Now I’ve jinxed myself I suppose. But seriously, that’s not “progress”
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 7:28:13 AM EDT
[#23]
I left the tender off for about 3 days, when I started it I had all kinds of messages about not driving it because some systems were offline.  Basically it was the radar and cameras not working but as I drove it they all came on and messages cleared themselves.  My friend with a 991.1 Turbo S says his does the same thing if not on a tender after a few days.  I took it to church services last weekend and the battery shows 12.2v and it was on a tender until I drove off, when I was making the trip back home it shows closer to 13v.  So far it has really been the only issue except my 18 way drivers seat wouldn't tilt and the dealer found a pin not seated (no pun) in the connector.  

Fantastic little car.  I was parked next to a 997 a few weeks ago, turns out my car isn't much longer than the 997.2.  I wish I took a photo.  
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 12:57:54 PM EDT
[#24]
I left the tender off for about 3 days, when I started it I had all kinds of messages about not driving it because some systems were offline.  Basically it was the radar and cameras not working but as I drove it they all came on and messages cleared themselves.  My friend with a 991.1 Turbo S says his does the same thing if not on a tender after a few days.  I took it to church services last weekend and the battery shows 12.2v and it was on a tender until I drove off, when I was making the trip back home it shows closer to 13v.  So far it has really been the only issue except my 18 way drivers seat wouldn't tilt and the dealer found a pin not seated (no pun) in the connector.  

Fantastic little car.  I was parked next to a 997 a few weeks ago, turns out my car isn't much longer than the 997.2.  I wish I took a photo.  
View Quote

Has your battery ever dropped below 10V? If so, it might need replaced. 12.2 off a tender doesn’t sound right. I’d have Porsche test it, might end up with a new one for free.
My track buddy is in a 997, it’s the width that’s very apparent.
Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 8:58:23 PM EDT
[#25]
Attachment Attached File

She's detailed and out of storage boys!
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 4:41:04 AM EDT
[Last Edit: BlackTaco] [#26]
Originally Posted By drewptwo:
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/495603/1000002017_jpg-3171309.JPG
View Quote

Let’s go!!!!

I finally bit the bullet and picked up the Garmin Catalyst….looking forward to track season this year with it
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 7:36:57 AM EDT
[#27]
Originally Posted By BlackTaco:

Has your battery ever dropped below 10V? If so, it might need replaced. 12.2 off a tender doesn’t sound right. I’d have Porsche test it, might end up with a new one for free.
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/126656/IMG_1264_jpeg-3170912.JPGhttps://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/126656/IMG_0158_jpeg-3170918.JPG
View All Quotes

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/126656/IMG_1264_jpeg-3170912.JPGhttps://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/126656/IMG_0158_jpeg-3170918.JPG

I don't know if it ever got that low but I don't let it off the tender longer than a day or so.

I'm with you on the width of the 992, it has some massive hips.  One of the reasons I went out of my way to buy one was the wide body, but it isn't for everyone.  That track almost looks like thunderhill.
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 7:56:33 AM EDT
[#28]

View Quote

987 with a GT4 bumper and Cayman R rear wing?
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 9:40:13 AM EDT
[#29]

987 with a GT4 bumper and Cayman R rear wing?
View Quote

Yup, was that way when I purchased it.  Also we have Fabspeed exhaust, Fabspeed headers, ported heads, LN 2qt deep sump, and H&R springs.  Planning on a tune this year.
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 9:55:49 AM EDT
[#30]

Yup, was that way when I purchased it.  Also we have Fabspeed exhaust, Fabspeed headers, ported heads, LN 2qt deep sump, and H&R springs.  Planning on a tune this year.
View Quote

Looks great.  I was able to find a used titanium exhaust on Rennlist and pulled the trigger.  Probably not as loud as yours (since you have headers), but it sure adds some well-needed exhaust sound.
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 10:06:07 AM EDT
[#31]

Looks great.  I was able to find a used titanium exhaust on Rennlist and pulled the trigger.  Probably not as loud as yours (since you have headers), but it sure adds some well-needed exhaust sound.
View Quote

It's the perfect exhaust note to me.  Loud, but not too loud.  I will admit on long trips it can be a little annoying, but I just turn the stereo up
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 10:28:50 AM EDT
[#32]

View Quote

Interesting.

A thought I had, i just in general: I wonder if the auto stop/start is putting additional stress on the battery?
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 2:50:08 PM EDT
[#33]

Interesting.

A thought I had, i just in general: I wonder if the auto stop/start is putting additional stress on the battery?
View All Quotes

Interesting.

Mine doesn't really ever activate because I jump on the freeway, and avoid lights.  I think I only remember it stop/starting once.  I also don't have 500 miles on it and picked it up first week of Jan.
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 3:45:16 PM EDT
[#34]

Carrera T.
View Quote

Placed an order for a Carrera T last week.  Hope to see it by... Sept?  Can we start an ARFcom992CarreraT club?
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 3:57:23 PM EDT
[#35]
What a serious pain in the ass. None of my Porsches have ever needed a tender. And I’m talking up to a month at times with no activity (during winter for example).

View Quote

Tendering all winter.  Cheaper than a battery.
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 3:58:21 PM EDT
[#36]

Interesting.

View Quote

There is a switch for that.
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 4:12:52 PM EDT
[#37]
Originally Posted By Surf:

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Surf:

Interesting.

Yep, it’s called Sport Mode. I’ve never driven my 911 in normal mode. Never had it start/stop on me.
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 4:18:35 PM EDT
[#38]

I don't know if it ever got that low but I don't let it off the tender longer than a day or so.

I'm with you on the width of the 992, it has some massive hips.  One of the reasons I went out of my way to buy one was the wide body, but it isn't for everyone.  That track almost looks like thunderhill.
View Quote

Love the width!!!

It’s Oregon Raceway Park…..such a fun track!

Porsche 911S VS GT4 Racecar Oregon Raceway Park 1:55 Fast Laps CW
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 10:42:43 PM EDT
[#39]

View Quote

The 992s have a lithium ion battery for the Rear Axle Steering. This new battery type is causing all sorts of problems.
Link Posted: 3/29/2024 12:34:05 PM EDT
[Last Edit: BlackTaco] [#40]
Originally Posted By Jacon:

The 992s have a lithium ion battery for the Rear Axle Steering. This new battery type is causing all sorts of problems.
View All Quotes

It’s not just lithium, it’s the AGM’s as well in the standard non-RWS, that’s what mine was and many others. Lithiums are just $2500 and not $1500
Many believe it was some type of control module draining the batteries, and software updates seem to have fixed it. I didn’t ask my dealer if they did an update, but I’m sure they did.
Link Posted: 3/29/2024 12:35:22 PM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 3/29/2024 1:28:53 PM EDT
[#42]
After building 7 years ago, been waiting for this day for a long time
Asphalt prices finally dropped. Now I don’t have to drive the 911 and IS500 2 MPH down the driveway during the summer. A gravel driveway with nice cars just plain sucked.

Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/29/2024 2:17:07 PM EDT
[#43]
After building 7 years ago, been waiting for this day for a long time
Asphalt prices finally dropped. Now I don’t have to drive the 911 and IS500 2 MPH down the driveway during the summer. A gravel driveway with nice cars just plain sucked.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/126656/IMG_3693_jpeg-3172795.JPGhttps://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/126656/IMG_3696_jpeg-3172796.JPG
View Quote

Nice! How long to complete a job like that?
Link Posted: 3/29/2024 2:50:27 PM EDT
[#44]

View Quote

Weird. My 991.2 GT3 has rear axle steering. I don’t know what kind of battery it has though. Either way it fires up every time no matter how long it’s been dormant.
Link Posted: 3/29/2024 2:51:44 PM EDT
[#45]

Many believe it was some type of control module draining the batteries
View Quote

That seems likely
Link Posted: 3/29/2024 4:09:07 PM EDT
[#46]
Link Posted: 4/1/2024 12:57:15 PM EDT
[Last Edit: BlackTaco] [#47]

Nice! How long to complete a job like that?
View Quote

Thanks! It was a 3/4 day grading job, and full 8hr day paving job. Including a few drivers, about a team of 7.
They did a really good job, and was priced insanely low (2016 prices).
Link Posted: 4/1/2024 1:01:30 PM EDT
[Last Edit: BlackTaco] [#48]
Originally Posted By D_J:

Nice. That’s a baller crib. When we retire, hoping we can do something nice like that in the country, but not quite as big.
View Quote

Thanks! Yeah, our kids are 12 & 16…we built it so the upstairs is kids/bonus/guests - and downstairs is master + entertainment….so we never go upstairs…I’d down-size for sure if we ever move again. We’re on 13.5 acres, and pretty secluded. If I was to do it again, I’d go 40+ acres and build a smaller house. It would probably look funny with 4-6 garages attached We’ve talked about it after the kids move out, but everyone including them love our setup. We’ll see.

Our gate now scrapes the pavement lol. Apparently that will need to be adjusted. Didn’t even think of it.

It’s completed - loving it! I’m sure it will take all summer to complete the last leg of landscaping.
Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 4/1/2024 1:06:27 PM EDT
[#49]

Thanks! Yeah, our kids are 12 & 16…we built it so the upstairs is kids/bonus/guests - and downstairs is master + entertainment….so we never go upstairs…I’d down-size for sure if we ever move again. We’re on 13.5 acres, and pretty secluded. If I was to do it again, I’d go 40+ acres and build a smaller house. It would probably look funny with 4-6 garages attached We’ve talked about it after the kids move out, but everyone including them love our setup. We’ll see.

Our gate now scrapes the pavement lol. Apparently that will need to be adjusted. Didn’t even think of it.

It’s completed - loving it!
View Quote

Really nice piece of property!
Link Posted: 4/1/2024 4:57:50 PM EDT
[#50]
Page / 119
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top