Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 5
Link Posted: 4/13/2024 11:42:47 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By jRob:
Been 7 years. No desire whatsoever with their current offerings. Perhaps if they start copying some of their competition. They are no longer the benchmark others are compared against. They are outdated and falling behind. Not sure why I'd go back to something inferior in so many ways. It's illogical and irrational.
View Quote

I understand not liking them but why are they inferior?
Link Posted: 4/13/2024 11:43:22 AM EDT
[#2]
Originally Posted By thesilvercord:
I like the 5th gen best.
View Quote

That’s what im shooting currently and agree 100%.
Link Posted: 4/13/2024 11:43:29 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 11boomboom] [#3]
Originally Posted By Fordtough25:

I did not love the half moon in the first 19s either. But, they’re much better prior and now!  I also like shoring the 17 sized frame the most but carry a 19 mostly.
View Quote

I switched to P320s and prefer them.

I get bad slide bite and Glock knuckle.

I do have a full-size P80 for that Glock-fix, though.
Link Posted: 4/13/2024 11:44:45 AM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By 11boomboom:

View Quote

Oof, I tried a few and while I think the fcg idea is neat I didn’t love them. We use Glocks for duty so it helps that I like what we use. Lol
Link Posted: 4/13/2024 11:46:23 AM EDT
[#5]
I've tried Gen 3-5 19s. Gen 5 is definitely the best for me. I had the early Gen 5 19 that had the half-moon cutout in the front of the strap and it sucked balls to shoot. It would bruise my pinky right there. Got rid of that POS.

Tried a 19X about a year later and really liked that one. Tried a newer Gen 5 19 and I just don't enjoy shooting the size. I much prefer the G17 over the G19. Gen 5 feels the best in my hand and while shooting.
View Quote

Nailed it.

I still keep my Gen 3 G17 and G26 around because I am too lazy to sell them but Gen 5 is better.

Couldn't get rid of a 19 fast enough, they don't work for me at all.
Link Posted: 4/13/2024 11:50:16 AM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By SpacemanSpiff:

Nailed it.

I still keep my Gen 3 G17 and G26 around because I am too lazy to sell them but Gen 5 is better.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By SpacemanSpiff:
I've tried Gen 3-5 19s. Gen 5 is definitely the best for me. I had the early Gen 5 19 that had the half-moon cutout in the front of the strap and it sucked balls to shoot. It would bruise my pinky right there. Got rid of that POS.

Tried a 19X about a year later and really liked that one. Tried a newer Gen 5 19 and I just don't enjoy shooting the size. I much prefer the G17 over the G19. Gen 5 feels the best in my hand and while shooting.

Nailed it.

Sir, could I introduce you to our lord and savoir, G49?
Link Posted: 4/13/2024 11:52:32 AM EDT
[#7]

I get bad slide bite and Glock knuckle.

View Quote

Meh.  
If you shoot them enough you will just have a callus for a Glock knuckle.  

G19.5 is what I carry.
Link Posted: 4/13/2024 11:58:33 AM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By naes:

Meh.  
If you shoot them enough you will just have a callus for a Glock knuckle.  

G19.5 is what I carry.
View Quote

I shot through the pain every time. I just never saw the reason to stick with it when I shot other platforms equally. I have a nice scar in the web of my hand and a permanent bump on my index finger from giving them a try (11k rounds).
Link Posted: 4/13/2024 12:07:51 PM EDT
[Last Edit: jRob] [#9]

View All Quotes
Been 7 years. No desire whatsoever with their current offerings. Perhaps if they start copying some of their competition. They are no longer the benchmark others are compared against. They are outdated and falling behind. Not sure why I'd go back to something inferior in so many ways. It's illogical and irrational.

Ergonomics and comfort (subjective of course but a very often a criticized reason).
Lack of aesthetic and design innovation. Essentially zero of this.
Trigger mechanism (again subjective). So often criticized for a spongy trigger or long pull.
Safety features like an external safety. I don't personally care about this but I know many people would like an external safety.
Horrible sights from the factory.
Concealment and carry ability. There are clearly much better options to more easily conceal and carry a firearm.
Horrible magazine design for how large the guns are.
Where are the advanced features like fiber optic sights or factory porting to reduce muzzle flip?

*Edit* They're not bad guns. It's just that the whole industry has moved on so far from where Glock is at that it's hard to consider them. If they drastically up their game and innovate and adopt what their competitors or doing I'd consider them again.
Link Posted: 4/13/2024 12:09:10 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 4/13/2024 12:10:15 PM EDT
[#11]

I shot through the pain every time. I just never saw the reason to stick with it when I shot other platforms equally. I have a nice scar in the web of my hand and a permanent bump on my index finger from giving them a try (11k rounds).
View Quote

I get it.
I wouldn’t want slide bite either.

You must have big hands.
Link Posted: 4/13/2024 12:12:17 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 11boomboom] [#12]
Originally Posted By naes:

I get it.
I wouldn’t want slide bite either.

You must have big hands.
View Quote

I do. My pinky hangs mostly off the bottom of a G19. It sits in that gap between the mag and the grip.
Link Posted: 4/13/2024 12:12:53 PM EDT
[#13]
Agreed
Link Posted: 4/13/2024 12:14:55 PM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By wolfjflywheel:

I don’t want Glock Gotdammit, I’m a Walther man

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/384690/57D9A4F4-62AB-40EC-A1E8-089892659B9D_jpe-3186611.JPG
View Quote

Link Posted: 4/13/2024 12:32:53 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Macumazahn] [#15]
Originally Posted By Heartbreaker1373:
I liked the few that I’ve shot, especially the model 45 or 19X

But I have and love my gen 3 19 so no reason to upgrade
View Quote

Vickers G19.3 with RTF2 is where it is at, that was peak Glock.

Peak performance right now would be the 365 macro.   I do love some Glock but they have not innovated very much at all where Sig has done so.   I’m not sure why that is.  just as with the micro guns, if Glock had been first out the door, they would have wrapped up the market.   My 3 beefs are the trigger, grip angle, and fat mags.
Link Posted: 4/13/2024 12:35:50 PM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By Macumazahn:

Peak performance right now would be the 365 macro.   I do love some Glock but they have not innovated very much at all where Sig has done so.   I’m not sure why that is.  just as with the micro guns, if Glock had been first out the door, they would have wrapped up the market.   My 3 beefs are the trigger, grip angle, and fat mags.
View Quote

P365 Macro and G48 are on the wishlist for me. I've tried both and like them.
Link Posted: 4/13/2024 12:52:19 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 4/13/2024 1:06:17 PM EDT
[#18]
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Makarov:

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/384690/57D9A4F4-62AB-40EC-A1E8-089892659B9D_jpe-3186611.JPG

https://y.yarn.co/dd65a7b6-5a73-47e3-980a-182b1ec41b09_text.gif

Link Posted: 4/13/2024 1:08:26 PM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By crownvic96:
View Quote

Tell me more about this G49 lol
Link Posted: 4/13/2024 1:09:04 PM EDT
[#20]

View Quote

I really like my walther PPS. Only 8 rounds is why I carry the 43x.
Link Posted: 4/13/2024 1:10:40 PM EDT
[#21]
Ergonomics and comfort (subjective of course but a very often a criticized reason).
Trigger mechanism (again subjective). So often criticized for a spongy trigger or long pull.
Safety features like an external safety. I don't personally care about this but I know many people would like an external safety.
Concealment and carry ability. There are clearly much better options to more easily conceal and carry a firearm.
Where are the advanced features like fiber optic sights or factory porting to reduce muzzle flip?

*Edit* They're not bad guns. It's just that the whole industry has moved on so far from where Glock is at that it's hard to consider them. If they drastically up their game and innovate and adopt what their competitors or doing I'd consider them again.
View Quote

I can understand your points, the factory plastic sights do suck but the factory night sights are solid.

They are boring from the looks dept but man do they shoot well! Thats all I care
about anymore I guess in a pistol that I use daily.
Link Posted: 4/13/2024 1:19:19 PM EDT
[#22]

View Quote

The mags may be a little hefty but they survive getting dropped very well.
Link Posted: 4/13/2024 1:30:06 PM EDT
[#23]
Originally Posted By Efl15:
Glocks chambered in .40 S&W are perfection.
View Quote

Yes,after they get the 357 barrel.
Link Posted: 4/13/2024 1:33:27 PM EDT
[#24]
I like most all guns, but the Gen 5 Glocks are pretty sweet considering features, performance and price.
Link Posted: 4/13/2024 1:34:16 PM EDT
[#25]

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By crownvic96:

It is the best Glock ever made, introduced 25 years too late.
Link Posted: 4/13/2024 1:35:09 PM EDT
[#26]
Glock should fix their stupid grip angle/hump and figure something out to reduce slide bite. That's really the only 'flaws' with their pistols.  

I've been shooting them for about 20 years. I can live with everything (TBH I don't even get slide bite) but that grip just sucks when comared to something like a M&P.
Link Posted: 4/13/2024 1:35:36 PM EDT
[Last Edit: PabloMcGlock] [#27]

View Quote

Indian MIM pot metals and rusted slides and mags. So much innovation! Sigs marketing department budget and the many former tier 1 paid shills is why Sig has gained popularity.
Link Posted: 4/13/2024 1:52:38 PM EDT
[#28]

View All Quotes

So, basically all your "inferior" and "outdated" is mostly your very subjective opinion.  Okay. Pretty much all of your objections are not a problem for me.

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 4/13/2024 2:04:42 PM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 4/13/2024 2:14:16 PM EDT
[#30]
I like gen 3 and gen 5 Glocks. But lately I've been liking gen 3 a bit more honestly. Just more options for modification. I should have my two new Grit Grips G19 frames next week. Really excited to try those out.

Attachment Attached File

And this may be blasphemy to purists, but I am really liking my Dagger so far. I'm gonna grab another at some point. Though I wish they had an Acro cut.

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 4/13/2024 2:20:07 PM EDT
[#31]
Pistols are like sports teams or vehicle brands shew!

I own 0 sigs but I’ve had several, I just shoot Glocks the best so I use them.
Link Posted: 4/13/2024 2:20:33 PM EDT
[#32]
I like guns. Last week at the range, 320 and G17.
Attachment Attached File

This afternoon I’m taking my 1911’s.

If I could only have one? Probably my G45 or G19. Maybe.
Attachment Attached File

Of the few dozen handguns Ive owned over the years, Glocks are definitely the most reliable.
Link Posted: 4/13/2024 2:20:45 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Macumazahn] [#33]
Originally Posted By PabloMcGlock:

Indian MIM pot metals and rusted slides and mags. So much innovation! Sigs marketing department budget and the many former tier 1 paid shills is why Sig has gained popularity.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By PabloMcGlock:

Innovation doesn't mean perfection.  It means coming up with a new idea.  Which Sig did.  Glock could have had a modular mechanism.  Could have refined their trigger and not left it up to folks like Apex.  Could have made slimlines early on.  But they didn't.   The Glock 26 and 19 are just 17s that are trimmed a bit.  The 26 is a brick, although it was my first carry piece and I still like it.  I also carry the 19 and think they are great, but it is an old design now, basically with minimal innovation since the concept came out with the G17 in approx 38 years.  I'm guessing that is what Glock wanted though as I'm sure it is run by smart folks, and I'd guess they ran the numbers and found that their customer base is happy with what they offer, or that the development costs weren't worth it.  

The P365 was an innovation.  Is it perfect? No, but it is pretty much the same size as a Kahr PM9 with almost double the rounds, nice trigger, and is modular.  I'd prefer made in the USA and perfection right off, but that doesn't ever happen.
Link Posted: 4/13/2024 2:21:19 PM EDT
[#34]
Originally Posted By jagdterrier:
https://i.imgur.com/sGhKSDC.jpg
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/13/2024 2:22:02 PM EDT
[#35]
Originally Posted By Efl15:
Glocks chambered in .40 S&W are perfection.
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/13/2024 2:22:30 PM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 4/13/2024 2:25:38 PM EDT
[#37]

I would have a bunch of Glocks, if they offered, as an option, a well thought out OEM safety.
View All Quotes

Nothing wrong with an HK, I just prefer Glock. They’re neighbors in origin lol

@ban-hater

I would have a bunch of Glocks, if they offered, as an option, a well thought out OEM safety.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/13/2024 2:30:36 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Macumazahn] [#38]
double tap
Link Posted: 4/13/2024 3:13:09 PM EDT
[#39]
Nothing wrong with Glocks. They are still the price point standard by which other guns are judged.  

However, they are not the best guns, and never were.

Link Posted: 4/13/2024 3:19:29 PM EDT
[#40]
My g17 gen 5 came with an outstanding trigger (for a Glock).  I put agent sights on it, it goes with me everywhere.  I may have gotten lucky with the trigger and gotten a good one, but it blows the 3rd and 4th gen triggers out of the water imo.
Link Posted: 4/13/2024 3:26:35 PM EDT
[Last Edit: VaniB] [#41]
The gun just feels right in my hand, and shoots where I aim it.. The fact too that Glock is the most reliable gun I've ever owned does help.
Link Posted: 4/13/2024 6:12:26 PM EDT
[#42]
Yep they point well and work!!!
Link Posted: 4/13/2024 6:33:55 PM EDT
[#43]
Nope. Glock perfection included a Tenifer finish that sneered at rust and corrosion with an Austrian haughtiness that will never be seen again.

Also the early Gen 5 G19 I have with with the window licking retarded half moon finger pinching cutout is the most ball sucking handgun idea ever designed.
Link Posted: 4/13/2024 6:36:17 PM EDT
[#44]
I carry my G19 Gen5 everyday
Link Posted: 4/13/2024 6:36:56 PM EDT
[#45]
Originally Posted By Caboose314:
Jerks discontinued the 17 MOS I wanted
View Quote

It's back!
Link Posted: 4/13/2024 6:37:55 PM EDT
[#46]
Originally Posted By SmokeEater2:
Nope. Glock perfection included a Tenifer finish that sneered at rust and corrosion with an Austrian haughtiness that will never be seen again.

Also the early Gen 5 G19 I have with with the window licking retarded half moon finger pinching cutout is the most ball sucking handgun idea ever designed.
View Quote

That was a down side for sure but i get why they thought it was an idea.

Link Posted: 4/13/2024 6:52:20 PM EDT
[Last Edit: -Ascent-] [#47]
Originally Posted By SmokeEater2:

View Quote

I bought an SLR magwell to remedy the half moon cut. That was a dumb choice on their part.
Link Posted: 4/13/2024 6:54:37 PM EDT
[#48]
Originally Posted By -Ascent-:

I bought an SLR magwell to remedy the half moon cut. That was a dumb choice on their part.
View Quote

I used the Dawson ICE magwell on mine, but it was just too big for a carry magwell.
Link Posted: 4/13/2024 6:54:58 PM EDT
[#49]
Link Posted: 4/13/2024 6:57:39 PM EDT
[#50]
Originally Posted By Bama-Shooter:
Gen 5, Gen 3, Gen 2, Gen 1, Gen 4.
View Quote

I think that’s the common run down, I agree for the most part.
Page / 5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top