Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/17/2024 3:38:09 PM EDT
Does anyone know of a TIG filler rod that can take bluing/park relatively well?  This one  was suggested to me.  

Have a few reweld projects in my future and trying to plan ahead.....of course I need to buy a TIG welder first .  Primeweld 225 or CT520DP are on my short list
Link Posted: 3/17/2024 9:42:23 PM EDT
[#1]
3 1/2% NICKEL STEEL WELDING ROD I've used this but only for Oxy-Acetylene.
Link Posted: 3/17/2024 9:59:40 PM EDT
[#2]
Years ago there was a thread on a welding forum discussing this.  I kind of remember Tartan being brought up, but no one had first hand experience.  It was always someone else that told them.  

I do remember someone saying that they used mild steel filler and it was visible with hot bluing, but cold blue covered it.  

Add me to the list of repeating what I read.
Link Posted: 3/17/2024 10:24:48 PM EDT
[#3]
JP machine used some on his Yugo M47/59 build but hasn't finished it yet IIRC
Link Posted: 3/31/2024 10:11:46 AM EDT
[#4]
But it and provide feedback? At some point someone had to try it and share it on the internet.
Link Posted: 4/1/2024 2:04:24 PM EDT
[Last Edit: K1rodeoboater] [#5]

Not mine.  This was welded with a Tartan G filler rod per the owner at the arrows, and hot blued....gotta say that looks really damn good compared to ER70S.  No post weld heat treatments/annealing was done.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top