[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By redfish86:

Lol

Fuck that guy
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

lol.

Good luck playing in Nebraska, Syracuse, and UCLA all on the road one year FSU.

hahahhaha
Link Posted: 3/15/2024 1:11:01 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 3/15/2024 1:16:41 PM EDT
[#7]
I saw this a few days ago...

Nick Saban Says Wife Told Him Modern Players Only Care About Money

Former Alabama coach Nick Saban, who earned approximately $11 million in his final season leading the Crimson Tide, appeared before a Senate panel Tuesday morning to discuss the state of athletes’ earning power in college sports.

However, one quote in particular stood out in the midst of his kvetching.

Saban told lawmakers that his wife, Terry Saban, suggested to him before his retirement that modern college football players only care about money.
Link Posted: 3/15/2024 1:27:19 PM EDT
[Last Edit: AlabamaFan64] [#8]
Originally Posted By von_landstuhl:

Former Alabama coach Nick Saban, who earned approximately $11 million in his final season leading the Crimson Tide, appeared before a Senate panel Tuesday morning to discuss the state of athletes’ earning power in college sports.

Saban told lawmakers that his wife, Terry Saban, suggested to him before his retirement that modern college football players only care about money.
View Quote

He’s correct about how many of the new players are.  He and other coaches wanting the federal government to fix this are wrong.  A true public servant would tell Saban the NCAA is what should fix college athletics.  If they won’t, form another sanctioning body that will.  Not Congress’ problem.  Cruz of all people should have told him this.
Link Posted: 3/17/2024 9:34:48 PM EDT
[#9]
They've only cared about money for a long time TBH.
Link Posted: 3/18/2024 2:59:43 PM EDT
[#10]
https://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/39738768/how-64-team-college-football-tournament-play-2024

The bracket
1-seeds: Georgia, Ohio State, Oregon, Texas

2-seeds: Alabama, Penn State, Michigan, Notre Dame

3-seeds: Ole Miss, Florida State, Oklahoma, Missouri

4-seeds: Arizona, Tennessee, LSU, Utah

5-seeds: Clemson, Kansas State, Louisville, Miami

6-seeds: Wisconsin, Oklahoma State, Texas A&M, USC

7-seeds: NC State, Kansas, Iowa, Auburn

8-seeds: Iowa State, SMU, Florida, Virginia Tech

9-seeds: Washington, Kentucky, TCU, Memphis

10-seeds: Nebraska, Texas Tech, Maryland, Liberty

11-seeds: West Virginia, Oregon State, Minnesota, South Carolina

12-seeds: Colorado, UCF, Boise State, Rutgers

13-seeds: UCLA, Duke, Georgia Tech, BYU

14-seeds: North Carolina, Washington State, South Florida, Appalachian State

15-seeds: Illinois, Wake Forest, Arkansas, Northwestern

16-seeds: Fresno State, James Madison, Miami (Ohio), UNLV

First four out: Baylor, Cal, Louisiana, Arkansas State
Link Posted: 3/19/2024 1:01:07 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 3/19/2024 3:06:44 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 3/19/2024 3:23:47 PM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By Freakinout:
View Quote
Interesting piece in the filing from today: $140million to leave the ACC, the Big 10 is $0, Big 12 is proportional, SEC is $30-45million depending on amount of notice. So ACC buyout is over triple the SEC while at the same time not delivering a premium return to it's members as the SEC TV money to it's schools is mega in comparison.
Link Posted: 3/19/2024 3:24:38 PM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By tabraha:
Interesting piece in the filing from today: $140million to leave the ACC, the Big 10 is $0, Big 12 is proportional, SEC is $30-45million depending on amount of notice. So ACC buyout is over triple the SEC while at the same time not delivering a premium return to it's members as the SEC TV money to it's schools is mega in comparison.
View All Quotes

When your best member schools are suing the conference its already dead
Link Posted: 3/19/2024 4:49:14 PM EDT
[#15]

View Quote
No doubt.
Link Posted: 3/19/2024 5:38:22 PM EDT
[#16]
View Quote

Now it’s a party.
Link Posted: 3/19/2024 5:40:15 PM EDT
[#17]

View All Quotes

Maybe ND will finally jump in ACC for football.

Link Posted: 3/19/2024 5:51:04 PM EDT
[#18]
View Quote

I just wish however it is going to go would be settled and done with.   I am so tired hearing about it.  Let’s just spot the ball damn it.
Link Posted: 3/19/2024 7:40:51 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Hunter-Killer] [#19]
Link Posted: 3/19/2024 7:54:26 PM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By Hunter-Killer:
View Quote

Not happy with ESPN still having the monopoly on the playoffs.
Link Posted: 3/19/2024 7:59:56 PM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By AlabamaFan64:

He’s correct about how many of the new players are.  He and other coaches wanting the federal government to fix this are wrong.  A true public servant would tell Saban the NCAA is what should fix college athletics.  If they won’t, form another sanctioning body that will.  Not Congress’ problem.  Cruz of all people should have told him this.
View All Quotes

They should have listened to Paul Bryant
Link Posted: 3/19/2024 8:06:13 PM EDT
[#22]

View All Quotes

It’s blatant hypocrisy. He’s made his millions and he could have taken a much lower salary, instead he was the highest paid coach in college football.

Because he cares about money.
Link Posted: 3/19/2024 9:48:08 PM EDT
[#23]
Originally Posted By 86Tiger:

I just wish however it is going to go would be settled and done with.   I am so tired hearing about it.  Let’s just spot the ball damn it.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By 86Tiger:

It’ll happen sooner than the majority of people think, but not soon enough for me.  

Link Posted: 3/20/2024 6:10:00 PM EDT
[#24]

Link Posted: 3/25/2024 4:32:44 PM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 8:40:28 PM EDT
[#26]
Chris Smelley, former South Carolina QB, has gone missing here in my area.  Apparently he went out on a kayak this AM and hasn’t been seen since 0830. Winds have been blowing from the north (offshore) all day.  That wind will push you way out in a hurry. We were just at the beach for sunset and the USCG helo is flying, a bunch of deputies, beach lifeguards, and FWC are all on site.

I hope they find him alive and well, and quickly.

Link Posted: 3/28/2024 8:42:19 PM EDT
[#27]
Chris Smelley, former South Carolina QB, has gone missing here in my area.  Apparently he went out on a kayak this AM and hasn’t been seen since 0830. Winds have been blowing from the north (offshore) all day.  That wind will push you way out in a hurry. We were just at the beach for sunset and the USCG helo is flying, a bunch of deputies, beach lifeguards, and FWC are all on site.

I hope they find him alive and well, and quickly.

View Quote

Just reported he was found safe.
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 10:37:09 PM EDT
[#28]

View Quote

Yeah, I read that a few minutes after I posted

Thank God!
Link Posted: 3/29/2024 1:20:27 AM EDT
[#29]

Thank God!
View All Quotes

Thank God!

Definitely.  Most of the time that kind of story has a bad ending.  I was glad to see he’s still with us.
Link Posted: 4/7/2024 11:42:20 AM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 4/7/2024 11:44:18 AM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 4/7/2024 11:45:23 AM EDT
[Last Edit: WDEagle] [#32]

I need a Michigan NC picture for post one of next year's thread.  Post some for me to use please.
Link Posted: 4/7/2024 2:33:05 PM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 4/7/2024 3:39:26 PM EDT
[#34]

Who dat is
View All Quotes

JJ
Link Posted: 4/7/2024 3:40:03 PM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 4/7/2024 3:40:43 PM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 4/7/2024 3:42:12 PM EDT
[#37]
Hi Ohio….  Guess what Michigan won the National Championship.    

Link Posted: 4/19/2024 1:46:16 PM EDT
[Last Edit: von_landstuhl] [#38]
We're about 12 days away from a new thread, so I'll post this here.

Technology rules approved in football

Optional technology rules in football, effective for the 2024 season, were approved by the NCAA Playing Rules Oversight Panel on Thursday.

In games involving Football Bowl Subdivision teams, each school will have the option to use coach-to-player communications through the helmet to one player on the field. That player will be identified by having a green dot on the back midline of the player's helmet.

The communication from the coach to the player will be turned off with 15 seconds remaining on the play clock or when the ball is snapped, whichever comes first.

For all three divisions, teams have the option of using tablets to view in-game video only. The video can include the broadcast feed and camera angles from the coach's sideline and coach's end zone.

Teams can have up to 18 active tablets for use in the coaching booth, sideline and locker room. Tablets cannot be connected to other devices to project larger additional images and cannot include analytics, data or data access capability or other communication access. All team personnel will be allowed to view the tablets during the game.

The Football Rules Committee, which met the last week of February, had a thorough discussion regarding wearable technologies.

The committee invites non-FBS conferences that are interested in using wearable technologies to submit an experimental proposal to the committee. Any proposals must be made to the committee by June 15.

Two-minute timeout

The panel approved adding an automatic timeout when two minutes remain in the second and fourth quarters.

This rules change synchronizes all timing rules, such as 10-second runoffs and stopping the clock when a first down is gained in bounds, which coincides with the two-minute timeout.

First-down timing rules

After a year of review, Division III committee members decided to adopt the timing rules where the game clock would continue to run when a first down is gained in bounds. The game clock will stop when a first down is gained during the last two minutes of either half. Division I and II schools used this timing rule last season.

Other rules changes

Allowing conferences the option of using a collaborative replay review system. This will be formally added to the rules book; it had been an experimental rule.
Penalizing horse-collar tackles that occur within the tackle box as a 15-yard personal foul. Previously, a horse-collar tackle within the tackle box was not a foul.
Additionally, head coaches can conduct interviews with broadcast partners after the first and third quarters. This was allowed on an experimental basis last season and will be added as a permanent rule.

Uniforms

The panel did not support a uniform rule proposal made by the Football Rules Committee. Panel members were not comfortable with on-field officials having to enforce the recommended rule.

The panel understands the rules committee's concern but encourages the committee to look for an administrative solution that does not include game official enforcement.
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 1:53:49 PM EDT
[#39]
It's long past time that CFB gets headsets.
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 3:40:22 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Freakinout] [#40]
Texas Tech cancels spring game due to chance of rain.

Link Posted: 4/19/2024 5:02:57 PM EDT
[#41]

View Quote

It just means more at OU now they SEC?
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 5:07:51 PM EDT
[#42]
Originally Posted By swampvol:

View All Quotes

Seems so.  Gotta sell moar tickets and beers
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 5:08:47 PM EDT
[#43]
We're about 12 days away from a new thread, so I'll post this here.

Technology rules approved in football

Optional technology rules in football, effective for the 2024 season, were approved by the NCAA Playing Rules Oversight Panel on Thursday.

In games involving Football Bowl Subdivision teams, each school will have the option to use coach-to-player communications through the helmet to one player on the field. That player will be identified by having a green dot on the back midline of the player's helmet.

The communication from the coach to the player will be turned off with 15 seconds remaining on the play clock or when the ball is snapped, whichever comes first.

For all three divisions, teams have the option of using tablets to view in-game video only. The video can include the broadcast feed and camera angles from the coach's sideline and coach's end zone.

Teams can have up to 18 active tablets for use in the coaching booth, sideline and locker room. Tablets cannot be connected to other devices to project larger additional images and cannot include analytics, data or data access capability or other communication access. All team personnel will be allowed to view the tablets during the game.

The Football Rules Committee, which met the last week of February, had a thorough discussion regarding wearable technologies.

The committee invites non-FBS conferences that are interested in using wearable technologies to submit an experimental proposal to the committee. Any proposals must be made to the committee by June 15.

Two-minute timeout

The panel approved adding an automatic timeout when two minutes remain in the second and fourth quarters.

This rules change synchronizes all timing rules, such as 10-second runoffs and stopping the clock when a first down is gained in bounds, which coincides with the two-minute timeout.

First-down timing rules

After a year of review, Division III committee members decided to adopt the timing rules where the game clock would continue to run when a first down is gained in bounds. The game clock will stop when a first down is gained during the last two minutes of either half. Division I and II schools used this timing rule last season.

Other rules changes

Allowing conferences the option of using a collaborative replay review system. This will be formally added to the rules book; it had been an experimental rule.
Penalizing horse-collar tackles that occur within the tackle box as a 15-yard personal foul. Previously, a horse-collar tackle within the tackle box was not a foul.
Additionally, head coaches can conduct interviews with broadcast partners after the first and third quarters. This was allowed on an experimental basis last season and will be added as a permanent rule.

Uniforms

The panel did not support a uniform rule proposal made by the Football Rules Committee. Panel members were not comfortable with on-field officials having to enforce the recommended rule.

The panel understands the rules committee's concern but encourages the committee to look for an administrative solution that does not include game official enforcement.
View Quote

Tear-a-way jerseys would prevent horse collar injuries and promote fundamentals on tackling.
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 5:34:57 PM EDT
[#44]
Link Posted: 4/20/2024 8:24:52 PM EDT
[#45]
Link Posted: 4/22/2024 10:33:20 AM EDT
[#46]
The draft is 3 days away and it just seems so ho-hum.
Link Posted: 4/22/2024 4:55:07 PM EDT
[#47]

View Quote

45,000 at the OU spring game despite the rain.
Link Posted: 4/24/2024 10:36:15 AM EDT
[#48]
Is NIL Changing College Sports Too Much Too Fast? - The Big 12 Watch
Link Posted: 4/24/2024 10:44:59 AM EDT
[#49]
Originally Posted By luv_the_huskers:
The draft is 3 days away and it just seems so ho-hum.
View Quote

It is always so for me, but of course I will follow path of any beloved Clemson Tigers.

Otherwise, if they never played another pro football game I would never miss it.
Link Posted: 4/24/2024 10:46:04 AM EDT
[Last Edit: lilMAC25] [#50]
Reggie Bush is getting his Heisman back.

Dumb. He raped the rules under which he was playing, and shouldn’t be rewarded for those rules changing.
Page / 332
Top Top