Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 3/29/2024 12:15:03 AM EDT
A man convicted of charges related to the January 6, 2021, riot at the U.S. Capitol is getting out of jail early due to the Supreme Court taking up a case that may affect the sentences of hundreds of defendants.

Kevin Seefried, a man from Laurel, Delaware, was sentenced to three years in prison for a felony conviction of obstruction of an official proceeding, as well as 12 months and six months for misdemeanor charges. The Department of Justice said that Seefried, as well as his son Hunter, were among the first to enter the Capitol and were photographed carrying a Confederate flag while inside.

https://www.newsweek.com/supreme-court-january-6-defendant-kevin-seefried-1884037
Link Posted: 3/29/2024 12:17:08 AM EDT
[#1]
Good
Link Posted: 3/29/2024 12:21:05 AM EDT
[#2]
just one?
Link Posted: 3/29/2024 12:28:57 AM EDT
[#3]
Free 'em all excepr R epp
Link Posted: 3/29/2024 12:32:09 AM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By madmathew:
A man convicted of charges related to the January 6, 2021, riot at the U.S. Capitol is getting out of jail early due to the Supreme Court taking up a case that may affect the sentences of hundreds of defendants.

Kevin Seefried, a man from Laurel, Delaware, was sentenced to three years in prison for a felony conviction of obstruction of an official proceeding, as well as 12 months and six months for misdemeanor charges. The Department of Justice said that Seefried, as well as his son Hunter, were among the first to enter the Capitol and were photographed carrying a Confederate flag while inside.

https://www.newsweek.com/supreme-court-january-6-defendant-kevin-seefried-1884037
View Quote

They entered the Capitol and had a Confederate flag?  That's it?
Link Posted: 3/29/2024 1:17:03 AM EDT
[#5]
The left wins either way it goes. One way they get to grind their enemies into pulp, the other way they get to call SCOTUS illegitimate and call for packing the court.
Link Posted: 3/29/2024 1:19:42 AM EDT
[#6]
Now free them all.
Link Posted: 3/29/2024 1:27:54 AM EDT
[#7]

View Quote

Right name for the son, wrong father to escape legal trouble
Link Posted: 3/29/2024 1:32:02 AM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By McGuy:
The left wins either way it goes. One way they get to grind their enemies into pulp, the other way they get to call SCOTUS illegitimate and call for packing the court.
View Quote

CW 2.0 is pretty much guaranteed if they pack the court.
Link Posted: 3/29/2024 2:17:38 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Isenhelm] [#9]
Lawfare.

Those who use it never suffer consequences.
No cost to them but all the cost is on the victim and society.

Even when overturned, they won and maybe even more so.

Punished with process that was not even legit.
That is being made an example of, that is a big flex.

The same is done with the passing of law that is not law and must be overturned by the court.. got you for a while, it cost a lot of money and time to bring it through court, all while the law was obeyed or enforced. the damage cannot be undone and it wasn't even legal. do it again and again and again to achieve the desired result.

Link Posted: 3/29/2024 2:31:55 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Antero] [#10]
Truly we have entered the banana republic phase. Even if we win at the Supreme Court, the fact it got this far means it’s all over.
Link Posted: 3/29/2024 3:53:11 AM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By Isenhelm:
Lawfare.

The same is done with the passing of law that is not law and must be overturned by the court.. got you for a while, it cost a lot of money and time to bring it through court, all while the law was obeyed or enforced. the damage cannot be undone and it wasn't even legal. do it again and again and again to achieve the desired result.
View Quote

Meanwhile, Texas passes a law that doesn't violate the constitution, and courts swiftly prevent the law from being enforced because the law might protect American citizens.
Link Posted: 3/29/2024 4:05:27 AM EDT
[#12]
Now that we're here will we at least get cheap bananas and avocados?

Oh! And siestas too! Can we have those now?
Link Posted: 3/29/2024 4:15:17 AM EDT
[#13]
Your summary left out the reason why he was let out of jail.  He is only released pending appeal and only for one charge.

That obstruction charge is at the center of a case picked up by the Supreme Court.

That case, Fischer v. United States, challenges the DOJ's use of the "obstruction of an official proceeding" charge, which has been used against January 6 defendants for allegedly disrupting the Electoral College certification. After the Supreme Court agreed to hear arguments in the case, some defendants filed for release pending the final ruling.

On Tuesday, Judge Trevor McFadden ruled that Seefried can be released from his prison sentence awaiting the court's decision.
View Quote

Link Posted: 3/29/2024 4:20:23 AM EDT
[Last Edit: DDDDCheapAF] [#14]
Originally Posted By KonamiCode:

View Quote

Yep , at some point I think half of the country is going to shove their version of “ democracy “ up their ass . In some way shape or form . Or not .
Link Posted: 3/29/2024 4:37:26 AM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By DDDDCheapAF:

Yep , at some point I think half of the country is going to shove their version of “ democracy “ up their ass . In some way shape or form . Or not .
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By DDDDCheapAF:

lol

No

We have been given the right to free speech and redress grievances by God and we can’t even take to the streets.  That’s one thing I see with other nations.  Third world or not.  They protest.  Over some of the smallest issues too.  Jan. 6th was just one of those protests and look how scared shitless the Government was.  When is it going to sink in that we outnumber them?  We are our own worst enemy and we will be the creators of our own demise and they know it.
Link Posted: 3/29/2024 4:48:06 AM EDT
[#16]
These evil corrupt judges are already scheming how they will continue punishment once the use of this statute is overturned.

Link Posted: 3/29/2024 5:04:18 AM EDT
[#17]
That was as rambling and nonsensical as Michelle Obama's senior thesis.
Link Posted: 3/29/2024 6:13:41 AM EDT
[#18]
Laws don't matter in a post-constitutional oligarchy
Link Posted: 3/29/2024 6:25:03 AM EDT
[#19]
The hole j6 mess is a disgusting anti American attack on citizens, might as well be the British control over citizens.
Meanwhile deadly criminals don't go to jail and illegal aliens walk across our borders and are given phone's and money.
I just don't understand how our justice system can fall apart so fast and without a fight.
Link Posted: 3/29/2024 6:26:25 AM EDT
[Last Edit: insider] [#20]
Originally Posted By belchfire:
The hole j6 mess is a disgusting anti American attack on citizens, might as well be the British control over citizens.
Meanwhile deadly criminals don't go to jail and illegal aliens walk across our borders and are given phone's and money.
I just don't understand how our justice system can fall apart so fast and without a fight.
View Quote

Because good men do nothing.
No one is willing to risk all like our forefathers did.
They would be hanging criminals, and shooting border jumpers.
They would be ashamed of what we've become.
Link Posted: 3/29/2024 6:31:12 AM EDT
[#21]
He should write a book.
Link Posted: 3/29/2024 6:33:26 AM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 3/29/2024 7:15:51 AM EDT
[#23]
It wasn’t a riot. It was a mostly peaceful protest.
Link Posted: 3/29/2024 8:40:22 AM EDT
[#24]
Holy shit!!!! They had a Confederate flag?!?!? Holy shit!!!!
Link Posted: 3/29/2024 8:59:19 AM EDT
[#25]
Does anyone else notice that January 6th is the left's new Christmas?
Link Posted: 3/29/2024 9:01:59 AM EDT
[#26]
Originally Posted By McGuy:
View Quote

This guy gets it.  They have positioned themselves to benefit from either outcome in so many areas.  Meanwhile Rona got a lot of fresh flowers.
Link Posted: 3/29/2024 9:06:42 AM EDT
[#27]
Originally Posted By blindprophet501:
just one?
View Quote

SCOTUS destroying Trump's legacy 1 political prisoner at a time...
Link Posted: 3/29/2024 9:11:23 AM EDT
[Last Edit: APPARITION] [#28]
Originally Posted By SamuelAdams1776:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By SamuelAdams1776:

Somebody in the comments claims there's video of the guy breaking out a window to gain entrance and the son clearing the broken glass because he was wearing gloves.

EDIT: from searching it does look like they entered through a broken window but may not have broken it themselves. Hunter did clear the glass.
Link Posted: 3/29/2024 9:13:58 AM EDT
[#29]
"Confederate flag"
Link Posted: 3/29/2024 9:30:47 AM EDT
[#30]

View Quote

them or us! that fucking simple.
I want to fill landfills with them because they want to put me in a landfill because I won't be a slave.
Link Posted: 3/29/2024 9:31:56 AM EDT
[#31]
Oh no, he carried a confederate flag!
Link Posted: 3/29/2024 9:32:33 AM EDT
[#32]
All these are the first casualties of CWII.  POW's.
Link Posted: 3/29/2024 9:42:32 AM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 3/29/2024 9:51:36 AM EDT
[#34]
Originally Posted By MeatBag:
These evil corrupt judges are already scheming how they will continue punishment once the use of this statute is overturned.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/GJyan4bW4AABqWF?format=jpg&name=medium

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/GJyclwuWMAAS4FK?format=jpg&name=medium

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/GJyd0LUWUAAWRi4?format=png&name=900x900
View Quote

this has got to be fake, no way anyone with an IQ over 100 wrote that
Link Posted: 3/29/2024 9:54:27 AM EDT
[#35]
Lawfare.

View Quote
There really needs to be consequences to the J6 committee, we will see.
Link Posted: 3/29/2024 9:58:14 AM EDT
[#36]
You will toe the line or we will punish you

While they were in they got special treatment of more chocolate
Link Posted: 3/29/2024 10:00:22 AM EDT
[#37]
Just watch NBC, CBS or ABC.

Nothing is objective or facts.

It's quite the opposite.

The State is here, now.

If the House and Senate ever get majorities,  we will become a police state

There will be lists and people will be rolled up.

They'll take dad's labeled as terrorists and put them in Rikers or some other hellhole and they'll be consumed and forgotten.

Trump will be a means to an end and I expect to be listed just because I voted for him.

What's happening to Trump will likely happen to us all.
Link Posted: 3/29/2024 10:02:40 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Brahmzy] [#38]

View Quote

LOL

Right. Ain’t nobody gon’ do nuthin’

Well just take it like we took the stolen election, opened borders, fake president, destroyed economic future etc.

GOOD MEN DO NOTHING
Link Posted: 3/29/2024 10:04:05 AM EDT
[#39]
I would completely understand if these people did the needful after they were released.  

In Minecraft.
Link Posted: 3/29/2024 10:05:42 AM EDT
[#40]
It ain't over till it's over fellas.
Link Posted: 3/29/2024 10:07:00 AM EDT
[Last Edit: fargo007] [#41]
The principal (and unspoken) reason they are going after people to the insane degree that they are, is that the federal government got the smallest little taste of what being accountable to the American people actually might look like.

And they really didn't like that.

Link Posted: 3/29/2024 10:07:21 AM EDT
[#42]
I agree.
Link Posted: 3/29/2024 10:08:52 AM EDT
[#43]
Originally Posted By blindprophet501:
just one?
View Quote

It's a start...
Link Posted: 3/29/2024 10:52:14 AM EDT
[#44]
Originally Posted By byron2112:
Oh no, he carried a confederate flag!
View Quote

Like wallpaper around here.
Link Posted: 3/29/2024 10:53:45 AM EDT
[#45]
Originally Posted By fargo007:
The principal (and unspoken) reason they are going after people to the insane degree that they are, is that the federal government got the smallest little taste of what being accountable to the American people actually might look like.

And they really didn't like that.
View Quote

That's the truth. See how fast the fence barriers went up around the Capitol, and how long they stayed.
Link Posted: 3/29/2024 11:07:26 AM EDT
[Last Edit: AugustineBolishbatfe] [#46]
I know the Judge who set them free  (Trevor McFadden) very well.
Link Posted: 3/29/2024 11:34:55 AM EDT
[#47]
I’m not a lawyer but I’ve wondered since day one how they are getting away with such harsh sentencing for misdemeanor trespassing.  It’s my understanding that judges are supposed to use sentencing guidelines which include historical precedent.  Most of what I’ve heard of were time served when protestors were actually arrested for trespassing on federal property.  

It’s my understanding that their are J6’rs in actual bad boy federal prison for misdemeanor trespassing.  How are they getting away with it?
Link Posted: 3/29/2024 11:39:55 AM EDT
[#48]
Originally Posted By TAG_Match:
I’m not a lawyer but I’ve wondered since day one how they are getting away with such harsh sentencing for misdemeanor trespassing.  It’s my understanding that judges are supposed to use sentencing guidelines which include historical precedent.  Most of what I’ve heard of were time served when protestors were actually arrested for trespassing on federal property.  

It’s my understanding that their are J6’rs in actual bad boy federal prison for misdemeanor trespassing.  How are they getting away with it?
View Quote

Ask the guy who posted right above you. He might actually know.
Link Posted: 3/29/2024 12:20:14 PM EDT
[#49]
Fed prosecutor said they would run the misdemeanor sentences consecutively instead of concurrently. What a bunch of fags!
Link Posted: 3/29/2024 12:25:24 PM EDT
[#50]
Lawfare.

View Quote

There's a solution for dealing with tyranny, but it requires resolve.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top