Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Suppressor availability (Page 2 of 3)
Page / 3
Link Posted: 4/17/2024 11:21:19 AM EDT
[#1]
I just did the paperwork yesterday for an Aero Lahar 30L. Gun store said the last suppressor he did three weeks ago took 8 days.
I'm hoping to beat that.
Link Posted: 4/17/2024 11:31:45 AM EDT
[#2]
When it's 2 week turn around on a trust, someone page me on the courtesy phone....

Link Posted: 4/17/2024 11:34:10 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By buckshot_jim:
Be patient. Since the wait times dropped, everyone is sold out. My inside information is 3 months until stock catches up to demand.
View Quote

Link Posted: 4/17/2024 11:36:26 AM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By StaccatoC2:

If your wife is listed as a trustee and you did not do the responsible person paperwork and finger prints for her its gonna get denied. If they did not ask for the full paperwork on her they fucked up if she is a RP on the trust, if she is just a beneficiary then you should be ok. You need to read the trust.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By StaccatoC2:
Originally Posted By Bama_Rebel:
does anyone have any experience Silencer Central? I thought I was doing a form 4 because everyone said that was the quick turn around. Theirs said form 4 but also asked for someone elses name for a trust. I put my wifes name. It didnt ask any other info about my wife. So I'm not exactly sure what it is. This is my first time with a stamp, its been a month (I know isnt long compared to old wait times). I just thought it would be faster. Anyways they said that was the only way they did theirs. Just wondering if I should try another place while I wait or is it some hang up because its my first? possibly something showing up on my record?

If your wife is listed as a trustee and you did not do the responsible person paperwork and finger prints for her its gonna get denied. If they did not ask for the full paperwork on her they fucked up if she is a RP on the trust, if she is just a beneficiary then you should be ok. You need to read the trust.

I looked over the form, It says its a form 4 but the trust box is marked and specifically says xxxxx family trust
only I am listed as the responsible person
i dont see my wifes name anywhere on there, but its hard to read on the phone.
Does that mean she's just a beneficiary?
is the way they filed it, the reason its taking longer than others?
Link Posted: 4/17/2024 11:40:02 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 11boomboom] [#5]

I looked over the form, It says its a form 4 but the trust box is marked and specifically says xxxxx family trust
View Quote

If you check your trust documents, it'll say if she's a beneficiary or not. Your Form 4 will just have what trust is requesting the transfer and a copy of your trust will be supplied with your Form 4.

If your trust says she's a beneficiary, you're good. If she's an RP but the supporting RP documents with the trust aren't supplied, you'll get denied.

On the Form 4, there will be another section with the other RP's information on it as well. FBI NICS is currently backed-up with the number of requests from ATF.
Link Posted: 4/17/2024 11:42:20 AM EDT
[#6]

View Quote

It's taking longer because it was submitted as a trust and not an individual.  Individual submissions are the ones that seem to be getting approved quickly these days.  Trust submissions still require a Legal Instrument Examiner to examine the trust paperwork before it will be approved.  If you submit somewhere else as an individual, I'd imagine, based on wait times I've seen, that it would be approved more quickly.
Link Posted: 4/17/2024 11:44:24 AM EDT
[#7]
I wanted another Nomad but went for a Sandman because otherwise I'd have to backorder and damnit I want something now.  Just neded to keep it Keymo.
Link Posted: 4/17/2024 11:45:44 AM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By doc_Zox:
I find it interesting that 3 months after shotshow the major manufacturers have sold out their inventory for the quarter
View Quote

Shush, you with your observations.
Link Posted: 4/17/2024 11:47:13 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Motor05] [#9]
I've been wanting to do a "one stamp upper" for a while and have been looking for a direct thread 556 suppressor.
I stopped by the local shop a couple of weeks ago and was talking to the guy there about it, and he said they had a "new-old stock" Sig SDR556 in the safe...said they've had it for years, it just never sold. So, he gets it out, and it's LNIB, never fired, never mounted. I said, "I'll take it". He asks if I'm interested in any others and brings out an SRD556TI-QD and an SRD9.
Long story short, I got all three for $1200, plus stamps. I did the paperwork this past weekend...hopefully it'll go quickly.
I know they're not the latest and greatest with the newest technology, but they're all solid cans that they were in stock, and I feel like I got a great deal on them.
Link Posted: 4/17/2024 11:48:38 AM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By RRA_223:
I picked up two R9s and decided to get a can for my .50

Salad days.
View Quote

Who has r9's in stock??
Link Posted: 4/17/2024 11:55:13 AM EDT
[#11]
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By callgood:
Originally Posted By right_rudder:
Sorry, your you're not my type

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/60489/grammarnazi-small_jpg-3189345.JPG

Maybe he's the possessive type?
Link Posted: 4/17/2024 12:53:12 PM EDT
[#12]
And….we’re off to the races
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/17/2024 12:56:23 PM EDT
[#13]
Are the quick turn arounds due to a change thatbis permanent?  I havent been following and hate the 9 month wait.
Link Posted: 4/17/2024 12:56:39 PM EDT
[#14]
Are the quick turn arounds due to a change thatbis permanent?  I havent been following and hate the 9 month wait.
Link Posted: 4/17/2024 1:02:30 PM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By buckshot_jim:
Be patient. Since the wait times dropped, everyone is sold out. My inside information is 3 months until stock catches up to demand.
View Quote

For which manufacturer?

I'd imagine all of them have different constraints, and things probably get really fun for those that don't actually manufacture their own cans.
Link Posted: 4/17/2024 1:02:56 PM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By poisontree:
View Quote

From what I’ve heard it’s due to the ATF prepping for all the pistol brace Form 1s and since that got canned, they’ve been doing the Form 4s. They’ve said that this should be the new normal.
Link Posted: 4/17/2024 1:26:12 PM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By Goosemaster:
Yup. I want an intergral 10/22 barrel. I might get one made locally.
View Quote

I got a hell of a deal on a YHM, it had been in the shop with zero interest for 3 years. $325 plus the stamp.

Absurdly quiet with CCI standard velocity.
Link Posted: 4/17/2024 2:24:07 PM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By shack357:

I got a hell of a deal on a YHM, it had been in the shop with zero interest for 3 years. $325 plus the stamp.

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By shack357:
Originally Posted By Goosemaster:
Yup. I want an intergral 10/22 barrel. I might get one made locally.

You bastard, that’s awesome
Link Posted: 4/22/2024 2:05:55 PM EDT
[#19]
Question about Capitol Armory. When you complete your profile and upload fingerprints how long does it normally take before they send you the file for signature? I completed that stuff on Friday. I’m sure they’re getting hammered with form 4s right now, just curious about the general timeframe on that part
Link Posted: 4/22/2024 2:28:01 PM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By Action45:
Question about Capitol Armory. When you complete your profile and upload fingerprints how long does it normally take before they send you the file for signature? I completed that stuff on Friday. I’m sure they’re getting hammered with form 4s right now, just curious about the general timeframe on that part
View Quote

they’ll send an email w steps to certify. you’ll have to make a second account as well as an eform account w atf (if you don’t already have)

then phone call w CA to certify via screen share.
usually takes a few days to get that email, but they’re great to work with.
Link Posted: 4/22/2024 2:42:17 PM EDT
[#21]
There should be an entire aisle at Walmart with silencers in blister packs.
Link Posted: 4/22/2024 2:50:42 PM EDT
[#22]
Local store has some cans but they won't do efile. The others are sold out.
Link Posted: 4/22/2024 2:51:18 PM EDT
[#23]
Originally Posted By swolliepop:

they’ll send an email w steps to certify. you’ll have to make a second account as well as an eform account w atf (if you don’t already have)

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By swolliepop:

@swolliepop thanks man! I’ve already taken care of the steps you mentioned. Figured it would probably take a few days. Not impatient, just excited. Lol
Link Posted: 4/22/2024 3:05:33 PM EDT
[#24]
I need a B&T 12” for my Ap5SD, and no dice…

ATF teasing us with fast approvals has spurred a buying frenzy, me included.
Link Posted: 4/22/2024 3:09:39 PM EDT
[#25]
Originally Posted By poisontree:
View Quote

They were doing "first in/first out"

That meant your form wouldn't clear until everyone ahead of you cleared. And if someone ahead of you got a delay from nics, you got held up until they got a proceed or deny from nics. And nics doesn't have a 3 day rule for NFA stuff.

They actually admitted this on their website right after they stopped doing it in February. And yet nobody has been fired.
Link Posted: 4/22/2024 3:25:29 PM EDT
[#26]
Originally Posted By somedude:
Local store has some cans but they won't do efile. The others are sold out.
View Quote

If they have what you want, buy it and submit it on paper then. It’ll be approved eventually.
Link Posted: 4/22/2024 3:28:11 PM EDT
[#27]
View Quote

I think it took 5-6 days for mine.
Link Posted: 4/22/2024 3:35:26 PM EDT
[#28]
View Quote

The first time takes a little longer. The last one I bought from them, I went from purchase that morning to submission later that day. That was right before the recent decrease in approval times though.
Link Posted: 4/22/2024 3:39:24 PM EDT
[#29]
I wonder if people will still be excited for their fast suppressors once the ATF enters their homes for compliance checks and installs a webcam in their safe to monitor C3 items.
Link Posted: 4/22/2024 3:45:47 PM EDT
[#30]
Originally Posted By Subpar:
I wonder if people will still be excited for their fast suppressors once the ATF enters their homes for compliance checks and installs a webcam in their safe to monitor C3 items.
View Quote

Link Posted: 4/22/2024 3:46:49 PM EDT
[#31]
View Quote

Jokes on them. I keep tannerite stuffed dogs all throughout my house.
Link Posted: 4/22/2024 6:50:43 PM EDT
[#32]
View Quote
wtf are you talking about 'compliance checks'
Link Posted: 4/22/2024 6:51:50 PM EDT
[#33]
Originally Posted By SteveJobs:
Same. Seems the quick turnarounds have completely emptied inventories. Silencershop is looking pretty bare throughout.
View Quote

It sucks now but this is a good thing overall.

Bigger runs and more suppressor companies stocking.
Link Posted: 4/22/2024 8:28:29 PM EDT
[#34]
Any thoughts from the GD crew on just buying used from an in-state individual via a form4?
Link Posted: 4/22/2024 8:30:45 PM EDT
[Last Edit: MissiveGenius] [#35]
I'm about to order some unknown and unreviewed cans from Silencer Shop, because that's all they have left, and FOMO/YOLO

My last one was 3 weeks!
Link Posted: 4/22/2024 8:32:47 PM EDT
[#36]
does anyone have any experience Silencer Central? I thought I was doing a form 4 because everyone said that was the quick turn around. Theirs said form 4 but also asked for someone elses name for a trust. I put my wifes name. It didnt ask any other info about my wife. So I'm not exactly sure what it is. This is my first time with a stamp, its been a month (I know isnt long compared to old wait times). I just thought it would be faster. Anyways they said that was the only way they did theirs. Just wondering if I should try another place while I wait or is it some hang up because its my first? possibly something showing up on my record?
View Quote

Skip em
Link Posted: 4/22/2024 9:33:46 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Action45] [#37]
Originally Posted By bigtex84:

View All Quotes

Originally Posted By Glocked:

The first time takes a little longer. The last one I bought from them, I went from purchase that morning to submission later that day. That was right before the recent decrease in approval times though.

They sent me the DocuSign forms for signature today. I just completed my profile and fingerprint upload on Friday. The process has been super easy so far for a first time buyer. Capitol Armory rocks!
Link Posted: 4/22/2024 9:43:46 PM EDT
[#38]
Keep your eyes out in the EE for cans as well!

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 4/22/2024 9:56:04 PM EDT
[#39]
Originally Posted By MissiveGenius:
I'm about to order some unknown and unreviewed cans from Silencer Shop, because that's all they have left, and FOMO/YOLO

My last one was 3 weeks!
View Quote

Just don't use silencer central.

I recently bought three cans.   All three cans were "on stock," yet took months to get serial numbers.

Basically, the salesman tells you its in stock and takes your money.    Then a week goes by and you realize all three are on order.   So you don't really know when or if they'll get submitted.

I got good deals on all three cans so I'm not in a hurry - but they're definitely doing bait and switch on in stock items.   And I just find that disappointing.
Link Posted: 4/22/2024 10:01:04 PM EDT
[#40]
Why all the rush?  If want times are down to a week or so they will be a week or so 6 months from
now.
Link Posted: 4/22/2024 10:05:23 PM EDT
[#41]
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/22/2024 10:10:00 PM EDT
[Last Edit: shaggy] [#42]
Originally Posted By ZuoZongtang:
Why all the rush?  If want times are down to a week or so they will be a week or so 6 months from
now.
View Quote

Maybe so, maybe not.  I certainly hope so, but you never really know what ATF is going to do.

I just grabbed another Fatcat this week. Because why not?
Link Posted: 4/22/2024 10:13:33 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Action45] [#43]
Originally Posted By shaggy:

Maybe so, maybe not.  I certainly hope so, but you never really know what ATF is going to do.

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By shaggy:
Originally Posted By ZuoZongtang:
now.

@shaggy how do you like it? That’s one I ordered, reviews look solid.
Link Posted: 4/22/2024 10:19:05 PM EDT
[Last Edit: shaggy] [#44]

@shaggy how do you like it? That’s one I have on the way.
View Quote

I like it a lot.  Its not the quietest can out there, but its damn good, especially considering its size.  I've got one on an 11.5 and even with the can its still pretty short and handy.

ETA - I also have a T3 and I think the Fatcat is a little bit quieter than the T3, but the T3 is about an inch or so longer.
Link Posted: 4/22/2024 10:24:18 PM EDT
[#45]
Bad. I'm a 07/02, RSR used to have pages and now there's 5 total in stock.
Link Posted: 4/22/2024 10:28:54 PM EDT
[#46]
Originally Posted By Ghetto:
Keep your eyes out in the EE for cans as well!

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/64854/Screenshot_20240421_153431_Samsung_Inter-3195520.JPG
View Quote

I think quick approval times will lead to a much better used suppressor market. I also think it’ll motivate more companies to offer factory SBRs. The new Geissele SBR looks awesome.
Link Posted: 4/22/2024 11:31:39 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Mblades] [#47]

They sent me the DocuSign forms for signature today. I just completed my profile and fingerprint upload on Friday. The process has been super easy so far for a first time buyer. Capitol Armory rocks!
View All Quotes

Originally Posted By Glocked:

I’m also in the process of buying from them for the first time. At the CLEO notification step, had a small hiccup with the prints but their customer service is great and got it taken care of quickly. Looks like it will be about 30 days from order placed to silencer in hand.
Link Posted: 4/22/2024 11:42:59 PM EDT
[#48]
2 received last week, one was a 24 hour approval the other was 48 hours. JK CCX 9 and another (3rd one) Dead Air Mask HD. Can't have enough .22lr cans. Heres the JK on a Glock 19 Gen 5, no booster needed, its 2.6 oz as shown.

Buy them up! Approval times are nice right now but we should abolish the ATF so we can buy cans the same day without government interference.
Link Posted: 4/23/2024 7:39:46 AM EDT
[Last Edit: VidaEterna] [#49]
Originally Posted By DKlic6:
View All Quotes

Nonsense. Oh wait, I’ve had a compliance check……never. No one comes in my home without a warrant, no one. I’m an elected LEO. I will not go in someone’s home without consent, an exigent circumstance, or warrant. No other agency will either, for now. Stop with the compliance check crap already.

My Marine buddy won’t get a can because someone poured this garbage in his brain. Reminds me of the Covid “vaccine” malarky.
Link Posted: 4/23/2024 7:49:41 AM EDT
[#50]
Originally Posted By VidaEterna:

Nonsense. Oh wait, I've had a compliance check  never. No one comes in my home without a warrant, no one. I'm an elected LEO. I will not go in someone's home without consent, an exigent circumstance, or warrant. No other agency will either, for now. Stop with the compliance check crap already.

My Marine buddy won't get a can because someone poured this garbage in his brain. Reminds me of the Covid "vaccine" malarky.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By VidaEterna:

Nonsense. Oh wait, I've had a compliance check  never. No one comes in my home without a warrant, no one. I'm an elected LEO. I will not go in someone's home without consent, an exigent circumstance, or warrant. No other agency will either, for now. Stop with the compliance check crap already.

My Marine buddy won't get a can because someone poured this garbage in his brain. Reminds me of the Covid "vaccine" malarky.
Exactly.  Stop spreading this compliance check BS.
Page / 3
Suppressor availability (Page 2 of 3)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top