BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 7
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 9:40:26 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By CryptoMan:

The store didn't sell Wilson Combat products.   I didn't think it was that hard to just say Wilson Combat
View Quote

Or for the guy to use a complete sentence, at least make an attempt.
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 9:42:26 PM EDT
[#2]
Originally Posted By Beretta_Jerry:

Go to the grocery store worker and say, "bread." He'll think you're nuts, too.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Beretta_Jerry:
Originally Posted By R2point0:
Originally Posted By Badlatitude:
I mean... He was looking at 1911s is it really his fault you didn't know what a Wilson was? It's not like its an obscure unknown company.
What if he had walked up to the counter and blurted out "Colt"? How would that have been any more clear?

Go to the grocery store worker and say, "bread." He'll think you're nuts, too.
"Wonder."

"Excuse me, sir?"

"WONDER."

""
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 9:55:12 PM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By lokifox:

Cheap bastard didn't even pay for the shell?
View Quote

Or the carpet that had to be replaced.  My brother said it was 2001, FWIW.
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 10:04:53 PM EDT
[#4]
I have a story from in front of the gun counter.

I was purchasing a gun and holster from a small gun store in Santa Monica, CA in 1984.  There was one long counter that I was facing, with my back to the door.  I was working with salesman 1 while salesman 2 was doing something else.  Nobody else was in the store.

I had just decided to purchase a Smith and Wesson Model 27 when the door opened.  3 attractive women and an older man walked in.  The man was in the middle of the group.  They didn’t appear to be a threat so I ignored them as they came up to the counter beside me.  Salesman 2 began talking to them.

Salesman 1 took me to the opposite end of the counter where we looked at holsters.  There was a phone there.  It rang and salesman 1 picked it up.  Just as he picked it up, salesman 2 walked over and whispered “Hey, that is Johnny Carson!”.  Salesman 1 looked at the phone and said “No it isn’t.”  Salesman 2 said “NO.  That is Johnny Carson.”  Salesman 1 then shouted “THIS IS NOT JOHNNY CARSON!”.  Salesman 2 walked back to the other group.

Salesman 1 and I then walked back to where we were before, next to the group of people.  Suddenly, Salesman 1 shouted “HEY  YOU ARE JOHNNY CARSON!”  I looked at the older man that had walked in and it was Johnny Carson.  Salesman 1 started telling Mr. Carson how great he was and asking for autographs for all of his relatives.  Mr. Carson hurried up and finished his business (he wanted a handgun cleaned), then left in a hurry.  He seemed irritated with all of the hubub.

A few minutes after they left, the phone rang.  Salesman 1 answers with “Cole’s gunstore, gunstore of JOHNNY CARSON!”, imitating Ed McMahon.  Then he quietly said “Oh.  Yes Mr. Carson.  We will have that ready for you Monday morning.”
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 10:12:12 PM EDT
[Last Edit: RXM] [#5]
Interesting stories
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 10:13:15 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By JimmyAR:
I remember this time when I went into a gun store to buy a gun I wanted, and no one would help me.  There were guys behind the counter yapping and one looking at his phone.  I waited even made eye contact with said youngsters to no avail.   I walked out and bought one online instead and had it sent to another store.   The first store ended up closing, can't imagine why?  

View Quote

I've had this happen to me a couple times
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 10:14:04 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Efl15] [#7]
Originally Posted By Amped:
Had this tall ass guy and his daughter come in the other day to buy him a gun. His 7’ foot tall kid was trying to help him fill out his 4473. Almost had to eject them for a straw purchase.
View Quote

Did you tell her that he was doing federal paperwork?
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 10:17:00 PM EDT
[#8]
Had this tall ass guy and his daughter come in the other day to buy him a gun. His 7’ foot tall kid was trying to help him fill out his 4473. Almost had to eject them for a straw purchase.
View Quote

https://www.ar15.com/forums/general/My-daughter-is-brutal-funny-story-from-a-gun-shop-/5-2715757/

Link Posted: 3/27/2024 10:28:43 PM EDT
[#9]

Mom?
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By desertmoon:
You aren't about three foot four with pointy ears are you?

Mom?
LOLOL!  I see you have my shtapler!!!!  I said you could borrow it...not keep it!
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 10:33:23 PM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By buckshot_jim:
Customer-"You got any clips?"
Me-"Yes sir, what kind to you need?"
Customer-"it's for a 9mm"
Me- "What brand and model?"
Customer-" I don't know, I just need a 9mm clips."
Me-"I need a little more information than you have given me. They aren't all the same."

This happens at least 2 times a week.
View Quote

I point out the magazines are down that aisle.
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 11:01:25 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 11:17:07 PM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By uafgrad:

Over the years, we had a few handguns stolen off the table.  
We were very cautious, but it happened.
Fortunately, all were recovered and returned to us.
I found two of them at shows over time, both on FFL's tables.
The last one, the guy was selling it for his buddy but didn't put it on his books.
He was VERY unhappy with his buddy too say the least, but he cooperated with Police and gave them all of his buddies information.  

View Quote

I was helping a guy at a gun show and something similar happened. The guys at the tables next to us noticed a Glock missing shortly after a couple young (mid teens) males had been in front of their tables. They got the cop working the show to come over and investigate. He found the two kids and their parents and, of course, the parents said their boys dindu nuffin. The cop didn't have enough to search the kids, so he had to let them walk away. When we packed up stuff the next afternoon, the Glock was found stashed under some Condor nylon rifle cases at the end of our tables closest to the other guys' tables.

We had a used holster and some other small thing disappear that weekend. The worst part, though, was someone broke into the truck of the guy I was helping and stole his retired cop ID/badge and his CCW/former duty pistol.

It was a rich and vibrant city, though, so it shouldn't have been a surprise.
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 11:51:10 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Jodan1776] [#13]
Originally Posted By AugustineBolishbatfe:
Can't remember the year . . .

Gun counter/outdoors was upstairs (required an escalator to get there).  Dude apparently had grabbed a shotgun shell from one of the boxes on the shelf unnoticed.  Walks up to the gun counter and asks to see a Remington 870. The associate handed it to him.  The dude pretended to look at it like he was curious, then he quickly loaded the round into the tube, racked the slide and then suck started the shotgun.
View Quote
Some Dartmouth student did that at a LGS several years ago.   Really shook the owners up.   No more accessible ammo.

ETA:   I guess it was more years ago than I thought:
https://www.thecrimson.com/article/1993/10/29/dartmouth-student-dies-campus-shocked-by/
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 1:52:35 AM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By Geforce_2:

By the way, this store used to be showcased in a reality gun TV show that was suddenly shelved and they lost their FFL due to some AFT issues...

View Quote

Let me guess, 87 blown-up photos in the store of the owner humping various people's legs and one sitting on a Harley with his then-wife?

If so, the part where your story breaks down is with that tiresome nutsack suggesting a gun that isn't a 1911 with shitty engraving. Although the rest sounds exactly like the crap he'd do.
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 3:04:50 AM EDT
[#15]

Gun counter/outdoors was upstairs (required an escalator to get there).  Dude apparently had grabbed a shotgun shell from one of the boxes on the shelf unnoticed.  Walks up to the gun counter and asks to see a Remington 870. The associate handed it to him.  The dude pretended to look at it like he was curious, then he quickly loaded the round into the tube, racked the slide and then suck started the shotgun.
View Quote

Years ago an airman in Wichita Falls went into a pawn shop and asked to see a pistol. They handed him the gun, he dropped a round in the chamber and shot himself.
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 5:44:56 AM EDT
[#16]
I mean... He was looking at 1911s is it really his fault you didn't know what a Wilson was? It's not like its an obscure unknown company.
View Quote

Works guncounter, but doesn’t know Wilson?  Or Remington, or Colt either I guess.
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 5:46:04 AM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By TGE:
"Wonder."

"Excuse me, sir?"

"WONDER."

""
View Quote

Home pride
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 5:52:50 AM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By Geforce_2:
I've got two stories but not from behind the counter.

This was several years ago before most of the guns in stores had trigger locks. Walked into my LGS one day and picked up a 10/22. Racked the slide, and out popped a round. Ejected the 10 rd mag and there were multiple rounds in it. Took the gun and mag up to the counter to show the employee. I told him it was loaded and there was 1 in the chamber. As I'm talking I thumbed out another 9 rounds from the mag onto the counter. The employee turned white as a ghost...

The other story is from a store in Colorado. I was on a business trip and went to see what the local inventory was like. As I'm browsing the store, in walks a married couple. Both slim/small and petite and in their early 20s. They were looking for their very first gun. The guy behind the counter extolled the wonderful virtues of the M&P Shield 45. According to him, it was the best thing since sliced bread. The couple left the store without buying it. As they walked out, I followed them into the parking lot. I struck up a conversation with them. Turns out neither of them had ever shot a gun before and wanted something for self defense. I suggested a class at a local shooting range that had a good reputation according to my co-workers. And suggested something smaller than a .45 cal as their first gun to ever shoot. By the way, this store used to be showcased in a reality gun TV show that was suddenly shelved and they lost their FFL due to some AFT issues...

View Quote

You don't mean Specialty Sports do you?
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 5:57:27 AM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By xviperx420:
Sold a guy a NIB Kimber with a tritium sight set, not knowing that the front lamp was dead. Guy brought it back a few days later and demanded I fix it. Sure not a problem, I'd even do it free since new guns are covered by our shop warranty for life and its obvious the gun wasnt shot. Called Kimber for a new sight and they wouldnt send me one, but offered to repair it themselves. Explained that to the customer and he flipped out saying I was trying to screw him and demanded I give him a slide off another gun. How about no. Ranted a while longer and left. Eventually came back and had us send the gun back.

Another one, weird guy walks in

"yall sell body armor?"
"No, why do you need it?"

"Ask me no questions, and ill tell you no lies". "get the fuck out and dont come back".

Many "you raysis cuz you wont sell me a gun", never mind they smell like theyd been hanging out with fucking snoopdog all day.

Also have an older guy come in and will pay for a gun with 7 or 8 different credit cards, or will pay $10 for something on layaway that only has 50 or 60 left on it. He'll also leave guns on layaway that have less than $5 on them for 2 months. Super nice guy whose business is always welcome, but kind of a pain in the ass to deal with.
View Quote

What is the answer you will accept for why Americans need body armor?
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 5:58:01 AM EDT
[#20]
View Quote

Nice
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 6:30:31 AM EDT
[#21]
I had to remove a live 9mm round yesterday at work that was in the chamber backwards and jammed in there and I mean jammed in there.

I have stories that even I don’t believe.
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 6:35:58 AM EDT
[Last Edit: va_gunz] [#22]

View Quote

That was in the early 2000s at the Galyans sporting goods in Indiana
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 7:12:14 AM EDT
[#23]
Old guy and his wife came in to sell a nice S&W revolver.  He didn’t like the price we offered so he decided to keep it.  He packed it back up in the case and they left.  About an hour later he came back asking if he left his gun there.  Manager was nice enough to pull up camera footage.  Old man left the store with his gun.  Sets it on car roof while he helps wife into car…then drives off with the gun on his roof.  

Worst are the asshole customers that are absolutely convinced you're an idiot before you even speak.  Guy calls looking for a front sight for his 30-06.  Ask the make and model of the rifle and he insists, “I already told you!  It’s a 30-06!!”  Asshole was pissed and could not be bothered to listen that we required more information.
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 7:46:24 AM EDT
[#24]
Originally Posted By AbleArcher:

What is the answer you will accept for why Americans need body armor?
View Quote

Maybe he asked to determine the guy's needs, in order to advise him where he could get what he was looking for.

That's a good approach to customer service. If you don't have what they're looking for now, help them find it (if it's not a burden for you). Then, when they want to buy what you're selling, they might remember that time you were helpful.
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 7:53:02 AM EDT
[#25]
View Quote

Chortle
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 7:59:58 AM EDT
[#26]
Local gunstore had an 18 year old kid kill himself on the range last week.....suicide.

Suicide on the range seems to be a thing.....
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 8:08:13 AM EDT
[#27]
i wasn't there when it happened, but someone fired a round through the glass display case at our local store.
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 8:14:36 AM EDT
[#28]
Originally Posted By TradWoodsman:
Local gunstore had an 18 year old kid kill himself on the range last week.....suicide.

Suicide on the range seems to be a thing.....
View Quote
Quite common. Most ranges have rules that are meant to reduce it. They seem odd if you aren't familiar with their purpose.
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 8:18:51 AM EDT
[#29]
Originally Posted By Z_0:
I have a story from in front of the gun counter.

I was purchasing a gun and holster from a small gun store in Santa Monica, CA in 1984.  There was one long counter that I was facing, with my back to the door.  I was working with salesman 1 while salesman 2 was doing something else.  Nobody else was in the store.

I had just decided to purchase a Smith and Wesson Model 27 when the door opened.  3 attractive women and an older man walked in.  The man was in the middle of the group.  They didn’t appear to be a threat so I ignored them as they came up to the counter beside me.  Salesman 2 began talking to them.

Salesman 1 took me to the opposite end of the counter where we looked at holsters.  There was a phone there.  It rang and salesman 1 picked it up.  Just as he picked it up, salesman 2 walked over and whispered “Hey, that is Johnny Carson!”.  Salesman 1 looked at the phone and said “No it isn’t.”  Salesman 2 said “NO.  That is Johnny Carson.”  Salesman 1 then shouted “THIS IS NOT JOHNNY CARSON!”.  Salesman 2 walked back to the other group.

Salesman 1 and I then walked back to where we were before, next to the group of people.  Suddenly, Salesman 1 shouted “HEY  YOU ARE JOHNNY CARSON!”  I looked at the older man that had walked in and it was Johnny Carson.  Salesman 1 started telling Mr. Carson how great he was and asking for autographs for all of his relatives.  Mr. Carson hurried up and finished his business (he wanted a handgun cleaned), then left in a hurry.  He seemed irritated with all of the hubub.

A few minutes after they left, the phone rang.  Salesman 1 answers with “Cole’s gunstore, gunstore of JOHNNY CARSON!”, imitating Ed McMahon.  Then he quietly said “Oh.  Yes Mr. Carson.  We will have that ready for you Monday morning.”
View Quote

The local gun store had Clint Eastwood come in while he was shooting a movie nearby......really friendly and talked to just about everyone
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 8:29:03 AM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 8:40:37 AM EDT
[#31]
Originally Posted By xviperx420:
Sold a guy a NIB Kimber with a tritium sight set, not knowing that the front lamp was dead. Guy brought it back a few days later and demanded I fix it. Sure not a problem, I'd even do it free since new guns are covered by our shop warranty for life and its obvious the gun wasnt shot. Called Kimber for a new sight and they wouldnt send me one, but offered to repair it themselves. Explained that to the customer and he flipped out saying I was trying to screw him and demanded I give him a slide off another gun. How about no. Ranted a while longer and left. Eventually came back and had us send the gun back.

Another one, weird guy walks in

"yall sell body armor?"
"No, why do you need it?"
"Ask me no questions, and ill tell you no lies". "get the fuck out and dont come back".

Many "you raysis cuz you wont sell me a gun", never mind they smell like theyd been hanging out with fucking snoopdog all day.

Also have an older guy come in and will pay for a gun with 7 or 8 different credit cards, or will pay $10 for something on layaway that only has 50 or 60 left on it. He'll also leave guns on layaway that have less than $5 on them for 2 months. Super nice guy whose business is always welcome, but kind of a pain in the ass to deal with.
View Quote

I have body armor, why don’t you?
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 8:44:48 AM EDT
[#32]
Originally Posted By brownbomber:

Alogia (poverty of speech)
View All Quotes

WTF is this example on that wiki article?

Do you have an children is a yes or no question.

Link Posted: 3/28/2024 8:51:59 AM EDT
[#33]
Originally Posted By farfromhome:

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/54288/Screenshot_from_2024-03-28_07-43-45-3171633.png
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By farfromhome:

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/54288/Screenshot_from_2024-03-28_07-43-45-3171633.png
Left is an uncooperative witness. Right will talk themselves into jail.
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 8:56:49 AM EDT
[#34]
What if he had walked up to the counter and blurted out "Colt"? How would that have been any more clear?
View Quote

There is no one here named Colt.
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 8:59:55 AM EDT
[#35]
Customer - I need some .40
Me - ok any particular type
Customer - you know 40
Me - gets box of FMJ
Customer - this don't look right
Me - ok why?
Customer - pulls out SW SDVE 9MM
Me - ah

Fellow employee working with customer

Bang!

Employee had been demonstrating triggers on a few Sigs and forgot about his own Sig being loaded. Nice divet in the carpet and noone hurt.

Fellow employee - Has anyone seen my pistol? I laid it down and can't find it. Frantically running around the shop.
Rest of crew - Ya , we found it in the public bathroom and took it dumbass

One morning we hear a bang!
Run outside and customer had put a round into the front of the building.

Customer - I need to sell this
Me - umm ok what you want out of it
Customer - IDK $100
Me - ( serial number is ground off ) let me check with someone be right back - call cops

Customer - how much is my ( whatever) worth
me - I have no idea without seeing it
Customer - it's mint!
Me - its rather difficult to give an estimate without seeing it
Customer - keeps pushing
Me - ok i make up some random number
Customer - what ? thats bullshit fuck you guys

Customer - Can my girfreind see this gun
Me - sure
Round the horn we go
Customer - ok she wants this one
Me - um , sir I feel this is a straw purchase and I cannot proceed with this.
Customer - what? You guys are racist MFr's
Me - sorry sir but I cannot by law proceed if we feel this is a straw purchase - explain that

Customer - whats the best pistol
Me - well Rugers are fucking awesome ( ruger points days for free guns) and like GD nuclear bombs
Customer -
Me - no I will give you a good deal on a ruger today if you are interested
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 9:06:38 AM EDT
[#36]
Originally Posted By uafgrad:
My Dad was an FFL for many years and I would help him at gun shows

He had a couple of Llama 1911s because a person had wanted to special order one, and he ordered 4 or 6 to get a better deal (for the customer).  Surprisingly they sold pretty well.
Anyways, one day an older couple came to the show and were looking at the table.  
He asked if we did trades and I said sure, but it depends on what he is trying to trade.
He pulls out a LNIB Beretta 92 and says I have this.  I say, we can work with that, what are you interested in.
He points to the Llama and says I want that.
I confirm that he wants a gun that is easily half the value of what he is trying to trade, and then ask how much he is looking to get out of his gun>
He said I was hoping to do a straight trade on it.
I tell him that his gun is worth considerably more, even at trade value than what he is looking at.
He doesn't care, he says that he bought the Beretta for his wife, she didn't like it.  She apparently had shot one of their friends Llama's and like it, and so that what he wanted to get for her.
I again confirmed with him that he realized the value difference and he really wanted to do a straight trade.
Was a win for us/me that day, and the guy couldn't have been happier.

Another time, we had a customer special order 2 Grendel pistols.  Ordered them directly from Grendel.
Pistols arrive, one is fully loaded with a round in the chamber.
Oops.

Did a transfer for an individual once who was moving to our city.  
He shipped the guns to my Dad, who in turn stored them until he arrived.
Did the 4473, got the proceed from NICS and transferred them back to him (at no cost to the person other than shipping cost).
About 6 weeks later, my Dad gets a call from BATFE
One of the guns came up in NCIC as stolen and they were looking for the individual.

Over the years, we had a few handguns stolen off the table.  
We were very cautious, but it happened.
Fortunately, all were recovered and returned to us.
I found two of them at shows over time, both on FFL's tables.
The last one, the guy was selling it for his buddy but didn't put it on his books.
He was VERY unhappy with his buddy too say the least, but he cooperated with Police and gave them all of his buddies information.  

View Quote

Directly from Grendel?
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 9:08:17 AM EDT
[#37]
I'm here to read Ghetto's stories.

@Ghetto

Chime in bro.
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 9:11:11 AM EDT
[#38]
I've told this one before, but I now have a specific rule on my website for this:

East Texas show, end of the day Sunday, most of the other vendors are packing up.  I seemingly do 87% of my business at the end of shows, so I never pack up or run the credit cards til the fat lady sings.

Young kid (21) comes up to my table at 3:45, I show him a Compact Dagger, he gets all excited, asks the price on two.  I have slim margins, so don't offer a discount.  He says he'll take one.  He asks if I take Cash App - No.  I do take credit cards, same price.  He says hel'll be right back, he's going to get the money.  Leaves.

Comes back at 3 minutes to closing, says he has the money on his card.  No problem, sir, let's do the litany.  Hands me his ID.  Sir, is this your current address?  No.

Ok sir, the state will charge us $11 to change it online, but we can do that right now if you're willing to wait.  Sure.  Ok, have a seat and I fire up the state website.

Type in the 87 digit audit number, manage to get it right despite not yet having trifocals, enter his debit card number.  Sir, what's the billing address?

I don't know.  Turns out he's moved a lot, and doesn't remember which address is the billing address for the debit card.  I tell him I'll use the old address on his license, and we'll see if it goes through.  It doesn't.

Sir, I'm sorry, without valid ID I can't sell you a gun today.  Here's my business card, my schedule's on the website, come see me when you get your ID straightened out.  Walk him to the door.  It is now well after closing time, I have GOT to take a piss.

I am in the middle of unloading two cans of Coke Zero in the urinal when I hear him behind me.  "Sir, I've got the cash!"  Just a minute young man, let me finish up here and wash my hands.  Wash my hands, and while walking him to the door a second time I explain to him why the state doesn't take cash over the internet for address changes.
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 9:19:48 AM EDT
[#39]
View Quote
My answer would have been she is illiterate so I am filling out the form for her .  She will make her mark at the end .
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 9:19:58 AM EDT
[#40]

They will tell you an isle number...
View Quote

They number islands now?
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 9:20:49 AM EDT
[#41]
Originally Posted By distrflman:

I point out the magazines are down that aisle.
View Quote

Lighten up Francis.
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 9:21:02 AM EDT
[#42]
View All Quotes
Do you walk into car dealerships and just blurt out: "Ford!"

Sure. its clear. Stupid, but 'clear', I guess.

m
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 9:25:42 AM EDT
[#43]
Originally Posted By M4ger:
I transferred NFA for several years along with being a rangemaster, armorer, etc.

I can't tell you the number of times I had people say "silencers are illegal."  Their eyes would get big when I'd show them we actually had cans for sale.
"Well I don't want to give nobody any right to come in my home without a warrant."  That was often purported.

The one which really stuck with me was a former servicemember telling me the S&W M&P sport wasn't good enough for him, because there was no forward assist on that gun.  He said "the bolt seals better when the forward assist is slapped."  I wanted to ask how he managed to use it when he had a M16
View Quote
Pre internet I'd hear that "come in to my house without a warrant" stuff from the employees at gun stores!
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 9:26:24 AM EDT
[#44]
I’ve been thinking about doing another “Things not to do in a gun store” post, but we haven’t had very much odd behavior.

No more guys putting bags of feces on the counter while high on pain killers. No more obese trannies in miniskirts wearing MLP plugs. No more guns in camp stoves. No one has taken a piss at the counter recently.

It’s been kinda boring actually, aside from the warm weather bringing out all of the drug dealers who were hibernating and are are looking to re-engage their feuds with new hardware.
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 9:26:32 AM EDT
[#45]
Originally Posted By CryptoMan:
In another life I worked the gun counter at big box retail for 5 years.

Over the years I had lots of different and interesting encounters.  Some were good, some were sad, others were funny and down right WTF

One week day afternoon it was dead, and only a few people in the store.  A guy comes in and I ask him if I can help him with anything. He doesn't say anything.  He spends a few minutes looking at the 1911's.  All he sudden he looks at me and says "Wilson"  I am thinking WTF.  We didn't have any employees that worked there names Wilson.  I ask him what he means and says Wilson just louder this time. I stated again that I don't understand what he wants.  He just looks at me and says "Wilson Combat do you sell them?"  I said no we didn't carry that brand.  He turns and walks away. Just weird over all.

Got cussed out a few times because I wouldn't give a person a discount or haggle with a customer over price.  You can ask but don't get mad if I say no.  Don't like the price then go somewhere else.

Plenty of unloaded loaded gun pointed in my direction.  I got yelled at one time because the guy took it as an insult that I checked the chamber after he was muzzle sweeping me.  Turns out it was loaded... Of course he didn't know how it got that way

What stories do you have
View Quote

It's kinda surprising how many here think that communicating that way is just fine. Lot of people on the spectrum though.
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 9:26:43 AM EDT
[#46]
Originally Posted By Cantshootstrate:Urban Dictonary said that it's an extended magazine. "Stendo klip"
View Quote
What about friendo ?
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 9:29:23 AM EDT
[#47]
Originally Posted By NoPurposeFlour:

lol. Why more, when less word do.
View Quote

Big  if true
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 9:31:04 AM EDT
[#48]
Originally Posted By warp_foo:

m
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By warp_foo:
Originally Posted By Badlatitude:  I mean... He was looking at 1911s is it really his fault you didn't know what a Wilson was? It's not like its an obscure unknown company.

m

Sir, This is a Toyota dealership.
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 9:33:04 AM EDT
[#49]
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 9:35:38 AM EDT
[#50]
I worked part time at a Gander Mtn Gun "Superstore"..we had about 7k firearms on hand..I eventually worked the used gun counter ...I could write a book on shit I saw and heard.

Crazy sales..had a kid on his 21 st bday come in. Bought 2 S&W 500's..a 460 VRX, 2 DE .50's and 2 BFR 45-70's. Then all the hp's we had in stock tp feed them.
Page / 7
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top