BCM
User Panel

Page / 5
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 12:03:23 PM EDT
[#1]
It’s the only pistol that I ever shoot with any more.Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 12:07:44 PM EDT
[#2]
I watched a video the other day talking about the CS and how they planned to roll some of the features onto the whole lineup. I still haven’t played with one. Stuff like the external extractor and downsized components seem like a good direction to go.

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By DetroitSounds:

That comment was only applicable prior to STI changing to Staccato. Staccato's are not finicky, whatsoever. They are now the Glocks of 2011's, and have been for a few years.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By DetroitSounds:
Originally Posted By Rickesis:

They've certainly made finicky gamer guns popular.

That comment was only applicable prior to STI changing to Staccato. Staccato's are not finicky, whatsoever. They are now the Glocks of 2011's, and have been for a few years.

That’s not correct either. The early Staccatos before they upgraded the mags were still finicky. Better than the STI’s but far from perfect.  The early mag revisions were something that STI should have done a decade previous but they(or more importantly their customers) had sold the idea of tuning being normal.

I still don’t understand why we haven’t seen more dedicated guns built around proven 9mm mags especially from the OEM’s. Kimber is first? Cmon guys.
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 12:08:48 PM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By be200w:
It’s the only pistol that I ever shoot with any more.https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/20763/IMG_2272_jpeg-3171774.JPG
View Quote

Yep.

I’m selling off my polymer collection, I have zero interest in them.
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 12:11:04 PM EDT
[#4]
I don't know anything to add about the CS or C.

I EDC a C2 at least sometimes now. Maybe a little more than half the time. I took it for a test drive last summer, along with a P. If I were still the police and buying for duty use the P might have gotten the nod, but it's pretty big for CCW.

I'm not sure where the "finicky race gun" thing comes in. My practice ammo is dirty steel-cased Eastern European crap, and I've never had a stoppage with the Staccato. Which I've also let go over a thousand rounds between cleanings with that dirty ammo. Really, the only problem with the Staccato for me is that, if the Colorado Bureau of Investigation is reading this, I leave my guns stored in Cheyenne and just visit them on the weekends, or at least the ones without <15 round magazines available as far as you guys know.
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 12:18:29 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By ALASKANFIRE:
I watched a video the other day talking about the CS and how they planned to roll some of the features onto the whole lineup. I still haven’t played with one. Stuff like the external extractor and downsized components seem like a good direction to go.

That’s not correct either. The early Staccatos before they upgraded the mags were still finicky. Better than the STI’s but far from perfect.  The early mag revisions were something that STI should have done a decade previous but they(or more importantly their customers) had sold the idea of tuning being normal.

I still don’t understand why we haven’t seen more dedicated guns built around proven 9mm mags especially from the OEM’s. Kimber is first? Cmon guys.
View Quote

Yeah, I guess there was a bit of a transition period. I'll never forget running the 5.0 DS's having to constantly tune mags, changing followers, etc. Ugh. After running a 2019 P, I went nuts in 2020 and bought every model. Regardless, gen 3 Staccato mags are 100% GTG.
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 12:36:51 PM EDT
[#6]
Thanks guys, I really appreciate the input. I'm gonna try and swing by my LGS and see if I can take one or both for a test drive, I'm sure one will "speak" to me more than the other but it looks like I can't go wrong with either.
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 12:41:09 PM EDT
[#7]

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By JASIRR:
Great marketing company they turned into.

Strong suspicion neither of you own one.
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 12:54:14 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Bigchillin83] [#8]
I have 2 c2’s…one is actually in the ee for trade as it was my spare, and realize I don’t need a spare  both stipple/reduction by elusive,  both short triggers for my girl hands, I don’t have one negative thing to say about them, except they are a little big for me,  I’m 5’5” 155lbs, but with right cloths they blend well in a tenicor saga lux apendix…   Find what works and go with it.. I have heard the cs was a little snappy… I haven’t actually seen one in the wild to touch yet
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 1:00:11 PM EDT
[#9]
Thread is relevant to my interests.  I actually have the page up for the CS I was looking at last night.
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 1:01:35 PM EDT
[#10]
There is nothing not to like about the CS
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 1:05:32 PM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By centrarchidae:

I'm not sure where the "finicky race gun" thing comes in.
View Quote

As mentioned, it was really a mag issue with the STI's.  It was common knowledge in USPSA to get your mags tuned if you were going to compete with those mags.  I had Grams Engineering tune mine for my STI Edge when I use to run & gun.  They ran through 1000's of rounds without issue.

The new Gen 3 mags take of that.  And I can't recall any mag issues running these mags through several 2011 platforms.
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 1:06:26 PM EDT
[#12]
I am still on the fence about which model to get as well. The 2011 market sure has expanded a lot the past year, esp. with Tisas entering the market.
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 1:13:52 PM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By CuldesacWarlord:

View Quote

My bro, their PSA dagger is just as good!
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 1:44:36 PM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By AXE0FWAR:

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By AXE0FWAR:

Funny thing is I don’t even shit on Daggers. They’re good guns.

But hooooly shit why the hate for 2011’s?

YES- 2011’s earned a reputation for being finnicky with mags in competitions. But *in my experience* it’s been because guys were tuning them and running different springs/followers to get more ammo in the same tube length. Ragged edge of reliability and there were many times it didn’t work out. So I think it is fair to acknowledge that there have been some 2011 mag issues.  

However, I’d be really curious to know how many people with an unmolested STI 2011 running mags that were also not screwed with had problems. Again, from experience, I’ve never once had an issue that needed fixed (concerning mags/reliability) UNTIL deviating from the factory design. Literally every single STI-era magazine I’ve run unmodified, in an unmodified factory gun has run 100%. Who knows, maybe I’m just really lucky and got the 1% of STI guns/mags that run right out of the box. Could be though, I’ve never had a problem with w Kimber either
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 1:48:57 PM EDT
[Last Edit: JASIRR] [#15]

View Quote

lol carry that water. 😆  I didn't say anything about the guns themselves.  But go ahead with your bad self.
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 1:53:50 PM EDT
[Last Edit: metalsaber] [#16]
Already gave my $.02 but this is my C2

added a red dirt trigger

Link Posted: 3/28/2024 1:55:22 PM EDT
[#17]

Funny thing is I don’t even shit on Daggers. They’re good guns.

But hooooly shit why the hate for 2011’s?

YES- 2011’s earned a reputation for being finnicky with mags in competitions. But *in my experience* it’s been because guys were tuning them and running different springs/followers to get more ammo in the same tube length. Ragged edge of reliability and there were many times it didn’t work out. So I think it is fair to acknowledge that there have been some 2011 mag issues.  

However, I’d be really curious to know how many people with an unmolested STI 2011 running mags that were also not screwed with had problems. Again, from experience, I’ve never once had an issue that needed fixed (concerning mags/reliability) UNTIL deviating from the factory design. Literally every single STI-era magazine I’ve run unmodified, in an unmodified factory gun has run 100%. Who knows, maybe I’m just really lucky and got the 1% of STI guns/mags that run right out of the box. Could be though, I’ve never had a problem with w Kimber either
View Quote

Truthfully, my perception of 2011s was the same. My friend turned me on to his C. He talked to me a bit about it, I did some research, played around with it and bought a CS on sight at the next opportunity.

I now have a P as well and they’re the only guns I want to shoot.

100% reliable and I have full confidence in them.
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 1:59:12 PM EDT
[#18]
No help on those models, but I'll be ordering an XC in the next month or so.  RMR HD for it is getting delivered today
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 2:03:31 PM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By Pavelow16478:
No help on those models, but I'll be ordering an XC in the next month or so.  RMR HD for it is getting delivered today
View Quote
i really would love to get an XC too.  
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 2:11:23 PM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By metalsaber:
View Quote

Can't wait!  Buddy has a Sandhawk, we're both ready to shoot them side by side and see which one each of us likes better
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 3:32:19 PM EDT
[#21]

Can't wait!  Buddy has a Sandhawk, we're both ready to shoot them side by side and see which one each of us likes better
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By metalsaber:

Only reason holding me back is i had a custom built 5" 2011 built that shoots super soft but I didn't get a railed frame.  Stupid me.  

Link Posted: 3/28/2024 3:43:19 PM EDT
[#22]
Im waiting on the 2024 C for a new carry gun. Want something a bit more shootable than my 365XL, which is a hard gun to beat for its size.
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 3:49:38 PM EDT
[#23]
Of course I've been watching a ton of YouTube vids and the "P" model looks pretty sweet, would make a good nightstand gun.
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 3:57:58 PM EDT
[#24]
A colleague duty gun, Staccato P. Thousands of rounds and no issues at all, regardless of the different magazine capacities used in the gun. Absolutely reliable, smooth and accurate. It feeds ball and JHP ammunition without question. Expensive? Yes, Reliable? Yes. Well worth the investment.Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 4:03:23 PM EDT
[Last Edit: GingerShanks] [#25]
Originally Posted By be200w:
It’s the only pistol that I ever shoot with any more.https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/20763/IMG_2272_jpeg-3171774.JPG
View Quote

This gets me giddy. I’ve had a P with the same Acro and identical options in my cart for two months. I finally get to order it tomorrow… so I’ll have it in 3-4mos. 😂

Is that the newer “eco” plate?
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 4:07:13 PM EDT
[#26]
Yes it is the eco plate that came gun when it was ordered.
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 4:13:03 PM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 4:39:15 PM EDT
[#28]
If I may, when did you order it and what was the wait?

Right now it says 90-120, but that’s what they said when I ordered my C2 and I had it in under two months.

I hate the idea of paying for fast track, but it would be real cool to guarantee having it for summer.
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 5:02:56 PM EDT
[#29]
I’ve got money set aside right now for the new C model. Should be just about ideal for a carry weapon.
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 5:19:15 PM EDT
[#30]

View Quote

Tons of them. A 45 or long loaded 40 had better odds than the rest (I assume the 10’s worked but never saw one) but I sent quite a few back to STI. Lots got chambers rammed and throats polished kinda general 1911 stuff. Once they were back rarely did they have to make the trip again. Staccato had done a great job at tightening up production quality as well as bringing new mags to market.

I was more skeptical than most because of what I’ve seen in person. I still have a couple of Tactical 5.0’s I never really shot much because they need some tweaking. If I was shopping currently I’d have no problem buying a Staccato.
Link Posted: 3/29/2024 7:05:49 PM EDT
[#31]
Well Staccato bros, I went and looked at some Ps and C2s.   It’s been narrowed down to an aluminum P and a C2.  The C2 I’m looking at has the DLC barrel, which I really like.  The P is just a plain jane optics cut, but has the updated grip, which I also like.   My 50th is coming up and I’m getting one.
Link Posted: 3/29/2024 7:17:29 PM EDT
[Last Edit: dump1567] [#32]
Originally Posted By Dissident:
Well Staccato bros, I went and looked at some Ps and C2s.   It’s been narrowed down to an aluminum P and a C2.  The C2 I’m looking at has the DLC barrel, which I really like.  The P is just a plain jane optics cut, but has the updated grip, which I also like.   My 50th is coming up and I’m getting one.
View Quote

I've always break it down this way.

Shooting/occasional carry = P
Carry/occasional shooting =C2

Obviously, you can shoot the C2 as much as you want, but I don't think it's as enjoyable as the P.  And for Duty use, I'd go P.  I'm also a fan of the DLC barrels and sent a few 2011 barrels out to have it done.
Link Posted: 3/29/2024 7:21:31 PM EDT
[#33]
I should be able to go check out a CS this Sunday and if it goes well, I just may get one. I had it in my head that I wanted to sell a few guns that have been sitting and I ended up selling them today.
Link Posted: 3/29/2024 8:10:41 PM EDT
[#34]
Originally Posted By Hulley:
I should be able to go check out a CS this Sunday and if it goes well, I just may get one. I had it in my head that I wanted to sell a few guns that have been sitting and I ended up selling them today.
View Quote

Nice! Yeah, when I bought mine, I got a 2021 C2 Limited that came with all options available then. I like the DLC alot. If I were to spend money on a grip, or grip work, I'm sure it would conceal like I'd expect it to. Enjoy what you decide on.
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/29/2024 8:13:28 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Dissident] [#35]
It was interesting getting 2 different salesmen’s perspective.  I’ve know both a years and respect both of them. They both have staccatos and they are both shooters.   One of them told me to get the C2 if I’m carrying more and the P steel if it’s for competition/range use.  He didn’t have a middle ground.  I asked the other guy and he said the P aluminum IS THE middle ground.  Particularly if you are okay with removing the mag well.
Link Posted: 3/29/2024 8:15:35 PM EDT
[#36]
Originally Posted By AR15A2SporterII:

Nice! Yeah, when I bought mine, I got a 2021 C2 Limited that came with all options available then. I like the DLC alot. If I were to spend money on a grip, or grip work, I'm sure it would conceal like I'd expect it to. Enjoy what you decide on.
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/66656/PXL_20240209_180315031_2_jpg-3173081.JPG
View Quote

I pulled a Holosun EPS Carry off another gun to use on the CS. I'm gonna list a couple more in the morning to see if they move, although I don't need them to sell to get the CS. The biggest thing is renting one and then having one available. I could always order one if needed.
Link Posted: 3/29/2024 8:31:31 PM EDT
[#37]
The only thing I know about staccato is if you do not have money do not shoot one.
I shot my friend's and I am thinking about prostitution to buy one, lol.
Link Posted: 3/29/2024 8:49:16 PM EDT
[#38]
I really like my C2, but the stock grip sucked. I got mine stippled and made a ton of difference. Mine was also a "blem" model but I sure can't fine the blem and it shipped in a day or so after ordering. Being a blem it was cheaper as well. I went back and forth for a long time between a C2 and a CS and decided against the CS because there are lots of reports of it being "snappy" and the C2 is not, and once I get it comped it will be really flat.
Link Posted: 3/29/2024 9:13:48 PM EDT
[Last Edit: tex7488] [#39]
I had a P during the gen 2 mag debacle. It was a laser but constantly had mag related issues that STI wouldn’t acknowledge that was fixed with gen 3 mags. Sold for a loss because staccato stated the gen 3 mag fix was slated for LE first. They stated they knew my issue was their mags but couldn’t fix it because the fix was going to law enforcement first and couldn’t provide me a timeline for shipping new mags that actually worked.

Recently picked up a C2 against my better judgement and threw on a dot and took to some classes. Love that gun, but it’s slightly big for carry. Wish I’d waited for the CS. Also wish stacatto wouldn’t use users as beta testing.
Link Posted: 3/29/2024 10:48:43 PM EDT
[#40]
Originally Posted By wizzi01:
The only thing I know about staccato is if you do not have money do not shoot one.
I shot my friend's and I am thinking about prostitution to buy one, lol.
View Quote

Personally I could not imagine going from Glocks to a cocked and locked pistol with a grip safety.  
Fired a few 1911's and a buddies FA Uzi and honestly disliked the grip safety.
Link Posted: 3/31/2024 7:57:37 AM EDT
[#41]
So I stopped by my LGS and got to handle the CS, C2 and the P and good Lord, I'll probably end up with all three! Seriously though, I didn't have the time to rent and try out the CS but that may happen today or Monday.

The grip is noticeably thinner on the CS over the C2, I don't have monster hands so the CS felt better, so much that I'll wait for the new C to come out before buying the C2.
Link Posted: 3/31/2024 8:21:59 AM EDT
[#42]
You shouldn’t have that much longer to wait. The new C is supposed to be released this summer. Probably available the same time the steel P I ordered last night gets delivered!  Happy Easter boys!
Link Posted: 3/31/2024 8:31:30 AM EDT
[#43]

I say occasionally because where I live and what I'm wearing, it's usually a G42 or 365XL but I would rather start carrying a more substantial pistol for obvious reasons and I personally hate my G19s. So basically I'm wanting a replacement for my double stack Glocks.
View Quote

Buy a macro grip for your 365xl and you’ll have 17rd gun that’s thinner and lighter than a g19 and carries much better.  It’s also fully capable as a HD gun with tlr7 and eps carry.

365: deep / discrete carry
365x / xl: everyday carry (or just get a 12rd mag for your 365)
365 macro: heavy carry / light HD.  Personally I say skip the 3.1” comp slide and use a 3.7” xl slide.

And i don’t even like any other sig product.
Link Posted: 3/31/2024 8:34:34 AM EDT
[#44]
OP should try a shadow 2 compact / shadow 2 OR  

Are they as good as a tuned 2011?  No.
Are they close? Yes
Are they less than 1/2 the price (along with their mags) so you can buy two. Or buy one and thousands of rounds more of ammo…
Link Posted: 3/31/2024 8:56:40 AM EDT
[#45]
OP - As much as I loathe CZ/DanWesson customer service, I would suggest you look at a DWX Compact. I have that and a C2 and I carry the DWX much more because it just carries better, action is smoother, grip is outstanding and its just as accurate. What it does not have is a rail and optic cut. You can solve the optic cut easily, rail not so much.
Link Posted: 3/31/2024 9:07:25 AM EDT
[#46]
I have the C2, it fit my hand better then the CS. Being able to use my full size 2011 mags was just an added bonus.
Link Posted: 3/31/2024 9:08:53 AM EDT
[#47]
Originally Posted By deanwormer:
OP should try a shadow 2 compact / shadow 2 OR  

Are they as good as a tuned 2011?  No.
Are they close? Yes
Are they less than 1/2 the price (along with their mags) so you can buy two. Or buy one and thousands of rounds more of ammo…
View Quote

I did, I had cash in hand and when I got to handle the Shadow 2 Compact, I just didn't like it, the trigger didn't feel great and I like more slide to grab and honestly just didn't feel good in my hand. I was very disappointed, I thought it was exactly what I was looking for.
Link Posted: 3/31/2024 9:11:08 AM EDT
[#48]
Originally Posted By bowhuntr09:
OP - As much as I loathe CZ/DanWesson customer service, I would suggest you look at a DWX Compact. I have that and a C2 and I carry the DWX much more because it just carries better, action is smoother, grip is outstanding and its just as accurate. What it does not have is a rail and optic cut. You can solve the optic cut easily, rail not so much.
View Quote

Precisely why I didn't consider it. I really do like the looks of the DWX Compact and it probably does carry better but my old eyes really like red dots and I do want a rail for a light.
Link Posted: 3/31/2024 9:13:04 AM EDT
[#49]
Originally Posted By Bye_Felicia:
I have the C2, it fit my hand better then the CS. Being able to use my full size 2011 mags was just an added bonus.
View Quote

There should be fullsize mags available for the CS, the new C will come in compact and full size grip modules and will have the same mag pattern as the CS.
Link Posted: 3/31/2024 9:26:08 AM EDT
[#50]
So I stopped by my LGS and got to handle the CS, C2 and the P and good Lord, I'll probably end up with all three! Seriously though, I didn't have the time to rent and try out the CS but that may happen today or Monday.

The grip is noticeably thinner on the CS over the C2, I don't have monster hands so the CS felt better, so much that I'll wait for the new C to come out before buying the C2.
View Quote

What ever you do not ever fire an xc, esp on a range you can go fast on. I repeat do not ever shoot an xc.

I have and while I can afford its been a battle to not buy one. I spent more on suppressors and ap5 last month than an xc, and still almost slipped and bought one last month as well. It's a constant fight.
Page / 5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top