Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/28/2024 4:43:45 PM EDT
The Dems are playing their cards right, to their voters this will give the Democratic party a big boost. It's funny how it starts in September.

Millions of people across the United States are set to benefit after the Social Security Administration (SSA) announced it was going to remove a key component it uses to calculate a person's eligibility to receive support. It will also affect how much they qualify to collect.

Starting on September 30, food will cease to be a part of ISM calculations, the agency said. The move will help make it easier for applicants to apply for SSI.

https://www.newsweek.com/social-security-changes-could-benefit-millions-1884268
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 4:55:34 PM EDT
[#1]
Well that's awesome...

I've been in the SS application mill for over a year now.
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 4:56:52 PM EDT
[#2]
With this administration? I imagine the millions in question aren't Americans.
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 4:58:09 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By ecgRN:
Well that's awesome...

View Quote

You got a long way to go!!’

Good luck with everything.
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 4:59:39 PM EDT
[#4]
I thought SS was going broke. This should help speed it up.
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 5:03:42 PM EDT
[#5]
IDGAF about the ponzi scheme.  It needed to end yesterday.
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 5:05:51 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By Riter:
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 5:26:46 PM EDT
[Last Edit: ACDer] [#7]
This has to do with eligibility for SSI disability,  old age or disability benefits for people with little or no work history and assets below a certain level.

SSI is funded through the regular budget, not the SS trust fund
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 5:37:44 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 5:43:14 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By ACDer:
This has to do with eligibility for SSI disability,  old age or disability benefits for people with little or no work history and assets below a certain level.

View Quote

Will the dozens of "Ponzi scheme" braying under-40s read and understand that before posting? No they will not.
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 5:52:49 PM EDT
[#10]
Great instead of reducing a divorced former stay at home moms monthly 940 a month by 250 to account for for the food and shelter she gets living with her family they are only going to reduce it by 150 to account for the shelter. The world is saved! It is good news for SSI claimants, but living on 940 a month in this economy is likely already hell.

Before someone chimes in with "I saw some  of  doing  while on disability..... I can tell you the system is very broken and it all comes down to medical records.  I've got horror stories for days of people who should be granted being denied including multiple claims of women getting breast cancer, undergoing chemo, undergoing double mastectomies', undergoing physical therapy, and then going back to work after two years and just asking to be paid for the time they were undergoing treatment.
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 6:01:38 PM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By osprey21:
Stop calling them Democrats. They're communists.  

View Quote

I do sometimes,  but I get friendly notifications reminders from the staff not to .
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 6:04:59 PM EDT
[#12]

View Quote

Thats where I'm stuck. Former employer hadn't paid in since 2013. I worked there 25 years. Not enough consecutive "credits".

I'm in the SSI boat.
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 6:08:33 PM EDT
[#13]
I doubt many actually report the food that is given to them anyway. Probably means little but allows politicians to say they've helped the poor.
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 6:15:25 PM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By osprey21:
Stop calling them Democrats. They're communists.  

View Quote

Link Posted: 3/28/2024 6:30:57 PM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By ecgRN:
Well that's awesome...

View Quote

It took my wife a bit over 5 years to get it. Quick version - 3 doctors gave her paperwork with their recommendation for SS. She was in a car crash. Broke her back in 2 places. Forever in the hospital. With her 2nd fusion she has a lifetime 10 pound weight restriction. Was told not to reach over her head. Constant severe pain. She can't stand more than 20 minutes or walk far. Her legs go numb sitting. A lot of other issues. She applied and I took a cell pic of the end page with her date, time and confirmation number. 9 months in at the SS office they couldn't find her application even with the confirmation number and info I could provide. She started over. Denied her first time because she had another back surgery and was told she had to wait a year from surgery to see if it was successful. The surgery was to remove a piece sticking into her spinal cord. Nothing she will ever be over. She appealed and got an attorney. Denied a second time. The SS judge actually looked in her book and said she could qualify as a pearl stringer with her restrictions. More documents more doctors on her side and she was finally approved. Good luck on your case. Unless you are an illegal you are fighting an uphill battle.
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 7:47:43 PM EDT
[Last Edit: kc-coyote] [#16]
View Quote

SSI isn't part of a ponzi scheme (i.e. regular Social Security).  It has nothing to do with paying ANYTHING into it like like regular Social Security.  This is ALL money going out just like EBT, Section 8, Obama phones, etc.  There is NO incentive to get off any of them.
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 8:24:38 PM EDT
[Last Edit: tortilla-flats] [#17]
So they're going to give (more) money to people already voting for them and wouldn't be convinced to vote otherwise? Sounds dumb.

Link Posted: 3/28/2024 8:35:35 PM EDT
[#18]
Ah, make it easier for those who mostly never paid into the system to get free money, but they have no plan to "fix" Social Security?

That was how the Dem congress brought SSI into being, they couldn't stand NOT being able to use the Social Security Trust Fund for political purposes so they implemented SSI so they could use Taxpayers' own money to buy demorat votes.
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 8:51:38 PM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By Osprey61:

Will the dozens of "Ponzi scheme" braying under-40s read and understand that before posting? No they will not.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Osprey61:

While SSDI is funded by a trust and solvent. The issue with the trust side SS is people aging over 65.
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 9:01:49 PM EDT
[#20]
This seems like an appropriate place to put this..
'A Scam': David Schweikert Lays Waste To President Biden's Newly Announced Budget
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 9:30:48 PM EDT
[#21]
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

I believe they are talking about SSI not SS. SSI is funded by general tax revenue.

SSI stands for Supplemental Security Income.  Social Security administers this program.  We pay monthly benefits to people with limited income and resources who are blind, age 65 or older, or have a qualifying disability.  Children with disabilities or who are blind may also get SSI.

SSI is financed by general funds of the U.S. Treasury--personal income taxes, corporate taxes, and other taxes. Social Security taxes collected under the Federal Insurance Contributions Act (FICA) or the Self-Employment Contributions Act (SECA) do not fund the SSI program.

Source

Don’t you love how the Government names things?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top