Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/2/2024 1:58:40 PM EDT
Anybody familiar with selling 3D printers? I'm in the mood to upgrade and have several printers on the chopping block. All modified, but can be downgraded to stock. What's the best platform to sell? I don't do FB marketplace, nor have I had good luck in EE. Lastly, better to sell modded of added interest or put back to OEM. And yeah, I know its a sin, but 7 printers are a little excessive.
Link Posted: 5/2/2024 2:20:47 PM EDT
[#1]
Originally Posted By Rooster-X:
Anybody familiar with selling 3D printers? I'm in the mood to upgrade and have several printers on the chopping block. All modified, but can be downgraded to stock. What's the best platform to sell? I don't do FB marketplace, nor have I had good luck in EE. Lastly, better to sell modded of added interest or put back to OEM. And yeah, I know its a sin, but 7 printers are a little excessive.
View Quote

MP is probably your best option honestly unless you can find a local 3D printer group where you can list it. Shipping without the original packing materials gets dicey.

As far as the Mods I would leave them installed as long as they were done correctly and advertise that the OEM part that were replaced are included.

So far I have donated 4 of them to others that were looking to get into the hobby. The tech matures so rapidly that most printers are not worth anything in a couple years.
Link Posted: 5/2/2024 2:20:53 PM EDT
[#2]
I think it is going to be hard to move without facebook, reddit, etc.

I am in several printing groups on those platforms and lots of people sell and buy printers.  They seem to move well, but dont expect to get too much out of them.
Link Posted: 5/2/2024 2:37:58 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By TODD-67:

MP is probably your best option honestly unless you can find a local 3D printer group where you can list it. Shipping without the original packing materials gets dicey.

As far as the Mods I would leave them installed as long as they were done correctly and advertise that the OEM part that were replaced are included.

So far I have donated 4 of them to others that were looking to get into the hobby. The tech matures so rapidly that most printers are not worth anything in a couple years.
View Quote

Luckily, I've kept all the boxes from ones I bought new.
Link Posted: 5/2/2024 2:47:28 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By ag04blast:
I think it is going to be hard to move without facebook, reddit, etc.

I am in several printing groups on those platforms and lots of people sell and buy printers.  They seem to move well, but dont expect to get too much out of them.
View Quote

Surprisingly, not a lot of 3D print groups in Nh...
Link Posted: 5/2/2024 2:49:15 PM EDT
[#5]
If it's not Bambu or Prusa resale is basically zero, and even Prusa resale is awful. I got about 30% back on a like new Prusa.
Link Posted: 5/2/2024 2:53:05 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By -Obsessed-:
If it's not Bambu or Prusa resale is basically zero, and even Prusa resale is awful. I got about 30% back on a like new Prusa.
View Quote

Agreed. While it looks good on paper (look at all these mods!!!!1!1), the bottom line is that you don't know what issues someone else is having, or what they've all jacked up. For the price difference, most folks would rather just buy new.
Link Posted: 5/2/2024 5:21:32 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 5/2/2024 9:58:08 PM EDT
[#8]
when you can buy a new Ender 3 for $100 a clapped out used printer especially if modified, is basically worth nothing.
Link Posted: 5/2/2024 11:53:17 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By Rooster-X:
View Quote
Strip down for parts, that's really the best option.  Selling them is a giant pain in the ass if you don't have FB.  You really need to move them locally, and Craigslist is dead nowadays.  You can look around for local maker spaces, or if they're factory printers see about giving them to the local library.  

When I see printers on FB marketplace they tend to be overpriced.  I've contemplated grabbing a few solely to strip down for parts.
Link Posted: 5/3/2024 2:02:56 AM EDT
[#10]
I still use my Ender 3 Pro for production.

I have it dialed in to only print a few items, and it gets them done just slow.
Link Posted: 5/3/2024 8:54:45 PM EDT
[#11]
Yeah, they don't bring much.  I just bought a 4-6 month old $450 printer with over $300 in extras and upgrades for a total of $150.  I wouldn't have bought it  (or at least for that much) except I already had the exact same printer.
Link Posted: 5/14/2024 7:39:46 PM EDT
[#12]
I kind of want a cheap used ender 5 just to upgrade it into a CoreXY with some quality linear bearings and leadscrews

But it would have to be dirt cheap
Link Posted: 5/15/2024 9:24:27 AM EDT
[#13]
I was trying to sell my Prusa mk4 with less than 60 hours use on it and an upgraded diamond nozzle and the conversion setup for V6 nozzles for $1,100. I have been getting offers to buy it for $500 or $600 or people wanting it for free. I also have some new smooth pads for it too. I decided to probably just keep the printer or donate it to a friend.
Link Posted: 5/15/2024 9:39:48 AM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By bradleyswine:
I was trying to sell my Prusa mk4 with less than 60 hours use on it and an upgraded diamond nozzle and the conversion setup for V6 nozzles for $1,100. I have been getting offers to buy it for $500 or $600 or people wanting it for free. I also have some new smooth pads for it too. I decided to probably just keep the printer or donate it to a friend.
View Quote

Yep, had a VERY lightly used MK3S+ with an enclosure and MMU3, Mosquito hotend, Ruby, CHT, and Vanadium nozzles, so all told well over 1500 invested. I got 550-600 if memory serves.
Link Posted: 5/15/2024 9:42:17 PM EDT
[#15]
Man, you gave it away.
Top Top