Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 6
Link Posted: 5/13/2024 7:17:42 AM EDT
[#1]
I was talking to my car salesman one day when I was in for an oil change and I asked him about the new gassers and he told me that 75% of all 2500 they are selling right now are gassers and the people are happy as a pig in shit.

cheaper upkeep
no problems pulling
no .gov bullshit in them
Link Posted: 5/13/2024 7:21:44 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Extorris:

The dealer I bought my Ram 3500 from in '21 told me if I did a delete that it would void the warranty and they wouldn't work on it for any other service either.
View Quote

my dealer told me the same thing about my ecodiesel. once they found a truck that had been deleted, it was unable to be brought in or they had to return it to stock condition.
Link Posted: 5/13/2024 7:28:03 AM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By Badlatitude:
I don't know a single farmer with a gas truck.
View Quote

I’ve got one

But my other 2 are diesels

My 2019 Ford 250SD gas has been great…..140,000 trouble free miles

My 2014 Ford Diesel 250SD……216000 trouble free miles……the body is rusting off the frame though

My 2017 Chevy 3500 Diesel……122000 miles……I’m about $10,000 in repairs

Link Posted: 5/13/2024 7:34:12 AM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By fowlrider:
Govt regulations destroyed the efficiency of diesel vehicles entire industrial base in the US.
View Quote

FIFY
Link Posted: 5/13/2024 7:35:27 AM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By UndrGrndPrdcts:
6.2 super duty ftw
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/13/2024 7:36:23 AM EDT
[#6]
i love diesels, but only if they are deleted.  

which, is becoming a real PITA anymore.

i love my 22 cummins...
Link Posted: 5/13/2024 7:40:59 AM EDT
[#7]
Thanks for the advice. My next vehicle will probably be a truck.

Gasser for me.
Link Posted: 5/13/2024 7:43:20 AM EDT
[#8]
I own a 2015 TDI with the EA288 engine. It’s had 2 emissions-related failures in 125K miles. The DEF tank heater which throws a nuisance CEL. I’m waiting for the dealer to receive the part, which I’m told has a 6 month lead time. A hose fitting under the hood for the DEF failed. Both are warranty fixes.
Link Posted: 5/13/2024 7:55:00 AM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By OKnativeson:
I was talking to my car salesman one day when I was in for an oil change and I asked him about the new gassers and he told me that 75% of all 2500 they are selling right now are gassers and the people are happy as a pig in shit.

cheaper upkeep
no problems pulling
no .gov bullshit in them
View Quote

Not completely.
New gas engine have way more sensors and emission controls on them than they used to.
Lots of variable valve timing crap, displacement on demand/cylinder shutdown, and direct injection that causes the intake valves to carbon up because their is no fuel being sprayed on them to keep them clean.
Everything works great when new, but give them some age and miles and all this stuff starts to fail.

I'll stick with my old tech.

Mid to late 90's was the best years for fuel injection on gas engines.
Just advanced enough to be reliable, but not overly complicated and generally very easy to diagnose and repair. Only a handful of sensors.
That is what I love about my Jeep 4.0. Multiport fuel injection that makes it very reliable, but still really easy to diagnose and repair.
Link Posted: 5/13/2024 8:05:47 AM EDT
[#10]
For work I have two 26' trailers that max at about 8-9Klbs, we drive them around the country on a regular basis for training events.  I have two gas trucks available to me, a Silverado 2500 with the 6.6 or a Ford F350 with the 6.8.

Usually only one is available and I rent a diesel truck for the second.  The difference between the gas and diesels is ridiculous. The gas trucks are always screaming in high RPM trying to maintain highway speeds, especially in even light hills.  The Ford sounds like a space shuttle about to go into orbit the entire trip, I've seriously thought about wearing ear protection the next time I have to drive it.  Gas consumption is the other drawback, I have to stop every two hours.

Whoever gets to drive the diesel is always in for a comfortable and uneventful ride, barely noticing the trailer at all.
Link Posted: 5/13/2024 8:08:30 AM EDT
[#11]
Same here, haven’t looked back.
Link Posted: 5/13/2024 8:20:53 AM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By daemon734:
For work I have two 26' trailers that max at about 8-9Klbs, we drive them around the country on a regular basis for training events.  I have two gas trucks available to me, a Silverado 2500 with the 6.6 or a Ford F350 with the 6.8.

Usually only one is available and I rent a diesel truck for the second.  The difference between the gas and diesels is ridiculous. The gas trucks are always screaming in high RPM trying to maintain highway speeds, especially in even light hills.  The Ford sounds like a space shuttle about to go into orbit the entire trip, I've seriously thought about wearing ear protection the next time I have to drive it.  Gas consumption is the other drawback, I have to stop every two hours.

Whoever gets to drive the diesel is always in for a comfortable and uneventful ride, barely noticing the trailer at all.
View Quote

This is my gripe w gas trucks and towing.  Sure they can do it, but its annoying af.  

I dont need a diesel, but it sure is awesome when your towing 8-10hrs and the truck doesnt care.  Even my straight piped diesel is less annoying than a gasser revving its guts out under load.
Link Posted: 5/13/2024 8:42:58 AM EDT
[#13]

View Quote

And the rental company gets to deal with the maintenance related issues.
Link Posted: 5/13/2024 9:03:20 AM EDT
[#14]
Our company has an 06 diesel flat bed Chevy 1 ton money pit that needs to be replaced in the near future. I finally convinced my partner that diesel just isn’t worth it.
Link Posted: 5/13/2024 9:06:39 AM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By AK-12:

And the rental company gets to deal with the maintenance related issues.
View Quote

I'm actively trying to trade both gas trucks for diesels.  If we were talking an hour or two here and there I would just put up with it.

Link Posted: 5/13/2024 9:13:46 AM EDT
[#16]

View Quote

A fleet card to pay for all maintenance, fuel, and rental during extended repairs makes for a very difference experience than private ownership.

Kharn
Link Posted: 5/13/2024 9:14:58 AM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By OKnativeson:

cheaper upkeep
no problems pulling
no .gov bullshit in them
View Quote

No government bullshit? Really? Try removing your catalytic converter and see what happens.  They have PLENTY of government bullshit and that’s just code for ‘I’ll see you whatever you want as long as it is in stock.’
Link Posted: 5/13/2024 9:37:54 AM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By Kharn:

A fleet card to pay for all maintenance, fuel, and rental during extended repairs makes for a very difference experience than private ownership.

Kharn
View Quote

My last truck was a diesel, and honestly it wasn't as bad as is being claimed here.  In 3 years I never had any significant repairs needed though, just routine maintenance.
Link Posted: 5/13/2024 9:42:03 AM EDT
[#19]
I’ve seen a lot of older 90’s-2010’s diesels for sale/ trade where the seller is looking for a gas truck.  Diesel is all fun and games until something breaks.
Link Posted: 5/13/2024 9:52:19 AM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By AK-12:
Last I checked, which was a couple of years ago, adding the diesel option upped the curb weight and price of a truck by about 1,000 lbs and $10k.

For a 3/4 ton truck the added curb weight eats out a lot of payload capacity (payload is GVWR - weight of the truck/passengers etc...), meaning that something like a highly optioned mega cab 2500 with the Cummins could have a payload of around 1800 lbs, whereas the Hemi payload would be closer to 2800lbs. So maybe the Hemi can only tow 14,000 lbs and the Cummins can tow 20,000; but any trailer that weighs that much is going to add so much pin weight that the truck wouldn't have the payload to handle it anyway, meaning you'd need a 1 ton. And realistically, the main difference between 1 tons and 3/4 tons is the suspension, the cost increase is negligible.

With the added difference in cost, maintenance, fuel, DEF, etc... I wouldn't buy a diesel unless I really needed one. If I were getting a 3/4 ton I'd get a big gas engine no question. The available gas engine/transmission combos nowadays make plenty of power for anything you should really be doing with a 3/4 ton, and if I needed a diesel I'd just get a 1 ton, and if I needed as much payload as possible without needing to pull more than 15k or so I'd get a 1 ton gasser.
View Quote

That weight of a diesel was actually a liability for my use of having a stainless steel V plow, the plow is heavy enough!  The diesel would limit me on how much I could add to the burden on the front axles.

Gas made more sense for me anyhow,
Link Posted: 5/13/2024 10:27:07 AM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By SteelonSteel:

That weight of a diesel was actually a liability for my use of having a stainless steel V plow, the plow is heavy enough!  The diesel would limit me on how much I could add to the burden on the front axles.

Gas made more sense for me anyhow,
View Quote

Yep, forgot to mention increased wear on tires and front suspension components.
Link Posted: 5/13/2024 10:31:57 AM EDT
[Last Edit: sanman28] [#22]
Its 80% maintenance/upkeep, and 20% buy in cost.....for working trucks.  The govt/epa has really fucked things up.  Around here most privately owned HD trucks still seem to be diesel.
Link Posted: 5/13/2024 10:40:38 AM EDT
[Last Edit: K5FAL] [#23]
I’m sure the EPA is working on some sort of DEF/EGR like system for gasoline engines.

No one is immune from this bullshit until the EPA is reigned in.
Link Posted: 5/13/2024 10:45:19 AM EDT
[Last Edit: klinc] [#24]
Originally Posted By K5FAL:
I’m sure the EPA is working on some sort of DEF/EGR like system for gasoline engines.

View Quote

Someone here, in the industry, said it's coming...
Link Posted: 5/13/2024 10:51:47 AM EDT
[#25]
Originally Posted By klinc:

View Quote

Well, I don’t think anyone here wants to return to 1970’s smog.  

Something sensible like late 90’s - early 00’s regulations would be about right.  These communist asshats in the EPA will keep going until either they’re shut down or we’re cutting our lawns with scissors.
Link Posted: 5/13/2024 11:03:54 AM EDT
[#26]

View Quote

Many gas engines already have EGR
Link Posted: 5/13/2024 11:10:31 AM EDT
[#27]
Originally Posted By wakeboarder:
Gas 1 ton trucks are used by the ultimate upper middle class cosplayer for towing their camper 4 days a year
View Quote

Around here it's usually the midsize guys towing too much trailer because of a "muh FavoriteBrand is more better" beer muscles situation

Idk man, I'd rather people have "too much" truck for their trailer, vs assuming that the website's empty trailer weight, and the commercial's advertised max towing rating on the tradesman model (that they didnt get) are the literal word of God
Link Posted: 5/13/2024 11:19:33 AM EDT
[#28]

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

"From the bureaucrats that brought you Start-Stop

From the pronoun people responsible for the 1.1L 3cylinder quad turbo engines that only run on unicorn queefs, don't get good mileage in reality but make .20 mpg better when driven like a grandma in EPA testing,

Comes the next thing you totally asked for and definitely want: Even more expensive gas engines, now with limp mode."
Link Posted: 5/13/2024 11:33:10 AM EDT
[#29]
Originally Posted By Geralt55:

Around here it's usually the midsize guys towing too much trailer because of a "muh FavoriteBrand is more better" beer muscles situation

Idk man, I'd rather people have "too much" truck for their trailer, vs assuming that the website's empty trailer weight, and the commercial's advertised max towing rating on the tradesman model (that they didnt get) are the literal word of God
View All Quotes
Gas 1 ton trucks are used by the ultimate upper middle class cosplayer for towing their camper 4 days a year

That feels kinda personal.  Sorry, were you stuck behind me on Saturday while towing with my Tacoma?  

Don't want to give up the size, but I tow on the limit enough that I do want to get something bigger, and for sure not looking for EPA diesels.  3/4 or 1 ton gas is right for me.  Figure I may as well skip over the half ton at this point.
Link Posted: 5/13/2024 11:37:59 AM EDT
[#30]

View All Quotes

EU already has exhaust filters on gas cars.  The GPF
Link Posted: 5/13/2024 11:42:53 AM EDT
[#31]

From the pronoun people responsible for the 1.1L 3cylinder quad turbo engines that only run on unicorn queefs, don't get good mileage in reality but make .20 mpg better when driven like a grandma in EPA testing,

Comes the next thing you totally asked for and definitely want: Even more expensive gas engines, now with limp mode."
View Quote

This reminds me… they want cars to be disposable and last a max of 3 years.  I’ll try to find the source but it’s what the EU wants.  Look up “EU circular economy initiative.”  The average age of a car in Spain is 10 years and they’re not too happy about that.

There is no way a small engine with a turbo is going to last unless they over engineer the piss out of it, and they won’t.  

It will blow up and be a fortune to repair.  It will be so expensive that it will not make any financial sense to fix it.  Just finance another one.  

Thats what the ruling class wants for us.  Endless debt.  No more paying off your car and driving for another decade.  Can’t have that.  You must go sign a note for a new piece of shit designed to have a short lifespan.

Link Posted: 5/13/2024 11:45:17 AM EDT
[#32]
Originally Posted By jaqufrost:
Modern gas engines seem to get a little better mileage.  I'm seeing 12mpg mixed driving with 35's on my F250. Stock height and tires I normality hear people say they're getting about 14mpg.

Diesels get better mileage, but factor in the higher fuel cost and it doesn't come out any cheaper most of the time.
View Quote

I’m seeing 12-12.5 on slightly larger 35s, 2.5” lift, and an in bed camper on my 7.3 Tremor. Was regularly seeing 14-14.5 prior to tires and camper. 80% of its driving is highway thought.
Link Posted: 5/13/2024 12:26:55 PM EDT
[#33]
I kept my older diesel tractor, when I bought new.  It's reliable and bulletproof, and for what the dealership would give me it's good to have a backup.
Link Posted: 5/13/2024 12:32:52 PM EDT
[Last Edit: ExFed1811] [#34]
We had a 2003 or 2004 one ton dually Chevrolet PU at work with the 8.1 liter V8 gas engine.

It had plenty of power, but when I would review the fuel bill on that thing every month, I was glad I didn't own it.

Link Posted: 5/13/2024 12:38:44 PM EDT
[#35]
6.6 3/4 ton gas for me.

401 HP

Over 460lbs of torque.

Yes, the diesel makes more torque. Whatever. I think it's rated for 14,000lbs. I never pull more than 10k, but enough to not want to pull it with a 1/2 ton, which is getting whittled down to nothing every day.

I had a diesel. Turbo needed to be rebuilt, which requires pulling the cab.

The diesel guys will tell you it's not a big deal. Yeah, whatever.

I don't miss $5k repair bills and mystery theater bullshit.

Link Posted: 5/13/2024 12:41:21 PM EDT
[#36]
View Quote

And by companies that really need an F-150 or Ranger, but "Everything has to be 3/4-ton or bigger!"

Meanwhile the thing only ever transports a couple guys and 50 pounds of tools.
Link Posted: 5/13/2024 4:20:47 PM EDT
[#37]
Diesels are great for pulling loads, especially across mountains. Diesel cost per gallon is more consistent across the country, gas can shoot up wildly, particularly out west. I would have no qualms owning one if I needed it. My 6.2 f-250 gets the job done with round bales, horse trailers and campers, but if I were going into the mountains on a regular basis I would want a diesel.
Link Posted: 5/13/2024 10:53:39 PM EDT
[#38]
I ditched my 2008 F-250 with the 6.4 when diesel did the big price switch happened and diesel was around $4.30/gal and gas was about $1/gal cheaper. Basic maintenance got old when you filled up a 5gal bucket every 5000 miles (Ford had a bad habit of denying warranties if you used the 10k schedule for oil changes) and fuel filters every 10k miles. If the engine went I think I priced out the engine only at 18k to replace. Then throw in the hourly rate and other items and it was a no brainer to move back to a gas engine.
Link Posted: 5/13/2024 11:00:44 PM EDT
[#39]
Originally Posted By Seabee_Mech:
Getting harder to find places to do a delete if you're not a DIYer now that they are on the EPA's RADAR. Depending on where you are it can also cause issues with trade in or resale if you're around an area that requires diesel emission testing.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Seabee_Mech:
Originally Posted By tree-hugger:

The work around is to delete it.
Getting harder to find places to do a delete if you're not a DIYer now that they are on the EPA's RADAR. Depending on where you are it can also cause issues with trade in or resale if you're around an area that requires diesel emission testing.

Yep.

The EPA has been piling on delete and tune vendors like the ATF did the F1 suppressor kit makers, newer diesels are more complicated, and dealerships aren't playing ball. The "delete it" days are pretty much over.
Link Posted: 5/13/2024 11:06:21 PM EDT
[#40]
Originally Posted By NEG:
Bought an F550 last year. I looked at gas vs diesel from every possible angle. Remove ego and emotion and diesel does not make sense.  I regularly have 28,000 lbs total between pickup, load and trailer.  It is pretty impressive what the 7.3L and 10 speed can get done.

Been driving F550 with powerstrokes for years. The difference between the 6 speed and 10 speed transmissions is bigger than the difference between diesel and gas as far as pulling.
View Quote
I'm assuming your 550 was a 6.7, what kind of mileage were you seeing between the two transmissions?  I have an '07 F550 with the 6.0L diesel, and the truck weighs right around 10,500lbs with a full tank of fuel.  I average 12mpg in most driving, but have gotten as high as 13.4mpg with a lot of highway miles (4wd w/ 4.30 rear).  Heaviest I've ever hauled (trailer, load, and truck) was right at 32K lbs, and it still averaged 9mpg.
Link Posted: 5/13/2024 11:38:39 PM EDT
[#41]
Originally Posted By haveTwo:

That feels kinda personal.  Sorry, were you stuck behind me on Saturday while towing with my Tacoma?  
View All Quotes

It's always the guys with the levelled trucks (that are now squatting BIG time with a real load) that give me the yips
A guy who knows what GVWR is, GCWR and all that stuff, who knows their limits? Wayyyy different story

Don't want to give up the size, but I tow on the limit enough that I do want to get something bigger, and for sure not looking for EPA diesels.  3/4 or 1 ton gas is right for me.  Figure I may as well skip over the half ton at this point.

It makes sense to do that IMHO
I'm a halfton guy, but extra capacity really is better I think, when it comes to towing. Less compromises on tongue weight, on what goes in the cab, you now have more options with what you can pull

Suddenly you're not looking at the travel trailer thinking, "Wellll if it's totally dry and has nothing in it-", and thinking, "LEEEEEEEEEROYYYYYYYYYYYYY, JENNNNNNNNNNNNKIIIIIIIIINNNNNNNNSSSSSSSSS"
Link Posted: 5/13/2024 11:41:49 PM EDT
[#42]
Originally Posted By Badlatitude:
I don't know a single farmer with a gas truck.
View Quote

How new are their trucks? 20 years ago I can understand why, now not so much.
Link Posted: 5/13/2024 11:43:04 PM EDT
[#43]

This reminds me… they want cars to be disposable and last a max of 3 years.  I’ll try to find the source but it’s what the EU wants.  Look up “EU circular economy initiative.”  The average age of a car in Spain is 10 years and they’re not too happy about that.

There is no way a small engine with a turbo is going to last unless they over engineer the piss out of it, and they won’t.  

It will blow up and be a fortune to repair.  It will be so expensive that it will not make any financial sense to fix it.  Just finance another one.  

Thats what the ruling class wants for us.  Endless debt.  No more paying off your car and driving for another decade.  Can’t have that.  You must go sign a note for a new piece of shit designed to have a short lifespan.

View All Quotes

They sure fucking do. They want you leasing a $60,000 CVT-shitbox at big interest, every 3 years.
The power is eh, the fuel economy is eh, your local guy basically can't fix it even if he wanted to, it's a rounded box to make the EPA CAFE standards happy as well as pedestrian-safety and crash testing regs,
It has space but kinda doesn't, it's just in the middle of every compromise, and utterly forgettable.

............................but it's got that thar 20in tablet screen and 44 USB plugs, who cares if the adhesives fail and bizarre things start peeling in the interior at 36,001 miles and the transmission is made out of glass eh?

"You will own nothing, and be happy", meets, "You will own a more expensive, poorly made thing that specifically doesn't have the old things you might like, but instead has expensive "features" that break and are more flashy vs substance"
.............At expensive interest, of course.
Link Posted: 5/13/2024 11:44:45 PM EDT
[#44]
Originally Posted By WTXTremor:

I’m seeing 12-12.5 on slightly larger 35s, 2.5” lift, and an in bed camper on my 7.3 Tremor. Was regularly seeing 14-14.5 prior to tires and camper. 80% of its driving is highway thought.
View Quote

I'm at 10.5 on my tremor 7.3, but I have a lot of start stop every day.
Link Posted: 5/14/2024 12:03:45 AM EDT
[Last Edit: TinLeg] [#45]
Fuel mileage is not an overall advantage to TCO for diesel trucks.

Diesel is more expensive at the pump, more expensive to purchase.

Taking most favorable value edge case for the diesel, it takes well over 200,000 miles to earn the diesel premium back.

For a median case it’s double, or possibly never.  

As said before, one significant engine related repair bill (for both even) and that slim margin disappears.
Link Posted: 5/14/2024 12:29:21 AM EDT
[#46]
I'm nursing along a 03 2500 Ram with the Cummins.
Bone stock drivetrain. Rust free. Crack free dash/new interior. Everything has been rebuilt (sometimes twice) but the engine.
Rides like hell. School buses and dump trucks can beat me in a drag race.
Figure it's 50% through its life. Stopped putting miles on it and only use it for work, so only about 4k miles a year anymore.

I hate F'ing with diesel in the winter/extreme cold. If it gets wrecked, going with the Ford and the 7.3 gasser. The new gasser 3/4 and 1 tons can easily run circles around the old Dodge. I won't modify the Dodge for power because I'm not gay and it's plenty enough I suppose for what I do. And I only use it for work, so don't need the extra power beyond what it was engineered for and end up breaking shit all the time (transmission) outside of it's intended duty cycle.  

But for now, will keep using it. I view it as a piece of equipment like any other tractor but secretly wishing it would get wrecked or some brodozer bro would offer me top dollar for it as it's probably one of the nicer ones in the state in unmolested condition even with all the miles.
Link Posted: 5/14/2024 12:41:02 AM EDT
[#47]
Originally Posted By TinLeg:
Fuel mileage is not an overall advantage to TCO for diesel trucks.

Diesel is more expensive at the pump, more expensive to purchase.

Taking most favorable value edge case for the diesel, it takes well over 200,000 miles to earn the diesel premium back.

For a median case it’s double, or possibly never.  

As said before, one significant engine related repair bill (for both even) and that slim margin disappears.
View Quote

Diesel has more energy per gallon than gas and the price usually reflects that. When a guy calculates that factor in, the difference between gas and diesel MPG's closes a bit.
With the way diesel prices have been the past 20 years or so, I can't math it out to make diesel make sense. And... my diesel MPG's is roughly half in the winter as it is in the summer due to having to use #1 and longer warm up times (unloaded in below 10 weather my diesel just won't warm up to normal without blocking the radiator PITA - yes thermostat has been checked). So there goes any advantage to gassers in the MPG department. My gas MPG's go down in the winter as well but not by friggin half. And #1 is usually another $1 a gallon on top of #2.
Link Posted: 5/14/2024 12:48:52 AM EDT
[#48]
If you tow and have hills the exhaust brake is worth the price of admission.

I daily an f-150 and have a two f-350s one 2019 and a 97. My next daily will be a 3/4 ton diesel.
Link Posted: 5/14/2024 1:02:36 AM EDT
[#49]
Diesel vehicles are going to be banned in kkkali and Mass and NY soon enough.

Yet, diesels make up 1/2 the cars in Europe
Link Posted: 5/14/2024 12:23:14 PM EDT
[#50]

It's always the guys with the levelled trucks (that are now squatting BIG time with a real load) that give me the yips
A guy who knows what GVWR is, GCWR and all that stuff, who knows their limits? Wayyyy different story

I'm a halfton guy, but extra capacity really is better I think, when it comes to towing. Less compromises on tongue weight, on what goes in the cab, you now have more options with what you can pull

Suddenly you're not looking at the travel trailer thinking, "Wellll if it's totally dry and has nothing in it-", and thinking, "LEEEEEEEEEROYYYYYYYYYYYYY, JENNNNNNNNNNNNKIIIIIIIIINNNNNNNNSSSSSSSSS"
View All Quotes

Well... I know what GVWR and what not are... Lets just say I'm borderline moving my tractor.

Around here a lot of guys are hay guys.  Half tons will pull a dump trailer with a few large squares, and some will do 3/4 or 1 tons with equipment trailers and a lot of bales.  However for moving real quantities at scale, there are semi trucks that will haul more for less money.

Then there's the small consumer.  I have a flat trailer and move 2 - 4 at a time if its easier than getting a couple delivered.  I've been known to make several trips in a day, but one large square does last me more than a week.
Page / 6
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top