Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 5/10/2024 5:49:57 PM EDT
Killed off Venturer shooting - no more semi-auto rifles, no more centerfire, no more pistols.
https://www.scouting.org/health-and-safety/gss/gss08/#a
Link Posted: 5/10/2024 6:00:19 PM EDT
[#1]
The best thing scouting could have ever done was make having married parents a requirement.

Karen ruins everything.
Link Posted: 5/10/2024 6:00:46 PM EDT
[#2]
I'm an eagle scout and don't even recognize the program anymore. Liberals have fucked it up completely
Link Posted: 5/10/2024 6:07:12 PM EDT
[#3]
Frankly, I'm surprised that they allow firearms at all!
Link Posted: 5/10/2024 6:16:11 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By FrankSymptoms:
Frankly, I'm surprised that they allow firearms at all!
View Quote

Stupidest part is how much of a draw shooting sports was - BB guns then .22LR bolt actions then centerfire rifles and pistols. Lot of kids who stayed in Scouting due to moving up the shooting ranks...
Link Posted: 5/10/2024 6:20:56 PM EDT
[#5]
It was looking for a place to die, looks like it found it.
Link Posted: 5/10/2024 6:22:47 PM EDT
[#6]
The bad part isn't the centerfire.  

The nationally recognized camp facility or commercial facility is going to kill most events.
Link Posted: 5/10/2024 6:31:02 PM EDT
[#7]
I'm a shooting instructor Pistol and Rifle and RSO for our District.

my son got his Eagle right before it went to hell.
Link Posted: 5/10/2024 6:35:38 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Kharn] [#8]
Originally Posted By broken_reticle:

The nationally recognized camp facility or commercial facility is going to kill most events.
View Quote

Our county does one day camp week per year, but it overlaps with my one daughter's birthday so she refuses to attend saying she wants to do nothing for her birthday. Then she complains she can't get slingshot, archery, bb gun, etc, belt loops each year.

They don't offer overnight camp for cub scouts at all, and our pack isn't interested in going out of the county for it.

Kharn
Link Posted: 5/10/2024 6:38:04 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By GeorgiaBII:
I'm an eagle scout and don't even recognize the program anymore. Liberals have fucked it up completely
View Quote

This.

If you support it you are part of the problem at this point.
Link Posted: 5/10/2024 6:38:49 PM EDT
[#10]
White suburban soccer moms ruin everything
Link Posted: 5/10/2024 6:43:08 PM EDT
[Last Edit: PaladinM1911] [#11]
Need to bring back Y Indian Guides, loved it as a kid.
Link Posted: 5/10/2024 6:49:03 PM EDT
[#12]
Lamentable, but predictable. I remember when the one single mom started to insert herself into the troop's activities. I was old enough at the time to see the negative effects she had.  She was as lame as her two boys, and the dads just didn't feel like dealing with her so as their sons moved up they were less and less available to the younger scouts. It was a shame because the dads were a group of men with an almost impossibly diverse set of life skills. Blue collar dads that could teach you to fix just about anything, white collar dads that knew engineering or accounting or architecture. I learned from all of them, and more than one of them straightened me the fuck out when I needed it. Some were Vietnam vets, some were actual, literal mountain men that liked to go camping like Jim Bridger with a muzzleloader rifle - no exaggeration. Most of them are dead and gone now, such is the way of things.
Link Posted: 5/10/2024 7:11:05 PM EDT
[#13]
Lossing Chuck Noris and the Rock ought to be enough to send a message but losing vendors certainly helps.  Did the BSA not learn the lesson of Bud Light?
Link Posted: 5/10/2024 7:22:33 PM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By Kanati:
The best thing scouting could have ever done was make having married parents a requirement.

Karen ruins everything.
View Quote

Then I could never have done it. My father died when I was 6 years old.
Link Posted: 5/10/2024 7:27:38 PM EDT
[#15]
View Quote

Yup. It’s dead to me. I don’t even know if I still have my patches and eagle scout certificate anymore.
Link Posted: 5/10/2024 7:28:32 PM EDT
[#16]

Karen ruins everything.
View Quote

Dad's still don't show up.   Too busy drinking and playing fantasy football.
Link Posted: 5/10/2024 7:31:13 PM EDT
[#17]
Trail Life is what you're looking for...

https://www.traillifeusa.com/
Link Posted: 5/10/2024 7:33:40 PM EDT
[#18]
I shot my first firearm in the Boy Scouts - Marlin Model 60, irons.
Link Posted: 5/10/2024 7:34:11 PM EDT
[#19]
View Quote

Fucking A. I'm proud that I'm an Eagle Scout but what they've become these days is nothing less than a national embarrassment.
Link Posted: 5/10/2024 7:38:51 PM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By olivers_AR:
Lossing Chuck Noris and the Rock ought to be enough to send a message but losing vendors certainly helps.  Did the BSA not learn the lesson of Bud Light?
View Quote
It's all deliberate. The left has intentionally compromised and corrupted anything and everything that symbolizes American societal and cultural values. They want to erase the entire American identity. Forcing the tearing down of statues had nothing to do with racism. They are trying to erase history. By erasing history, the left can erase the country's future. They want to corrupt any connection Americans still have with their nation. It will make the country easier for them to destroy. That's why so many American institutions are under massive assault by the communist-left who have managed to take control of most everything.
Link Posted: 5/10/2024 7:43:20 PM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By TheLASwamp:
It's all deliberate. The left has intentionally compromised and corrupted anything and everything that symbolizes American societal and cultural values. They want to erase the entire American identity. Forcing the tearing down of statues had nothing to do with racism. They are trying to erase history. By erasing history, the left can erase the country's future. They want to corrupt any connection Americans still have with their nation. It will make the country easier for them to destroy. That's why so many American institutions are under massive assault by the communist-left who have managed to take control of most everything.
View Quote

This is not recent news. This was put in place since a scout was killed with a centerfire rifle. When you start killing kids in your youth shooting program it gets really costly.
Link Posted: 5/10/2024 7:51:09 PM EDT
[#22]
Originally Posted By RRA_223:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By RRA_223:

Karen ruins everything.

True story.
Link Posted: 5/10/2024 8:00:24 PM EDT
[Last Edit: BullpupFan] [#23]
Originally Posted By whollyshite:
Trail Life is what you're looking for...

https://www.traillifeusa.com/
View Quote

Venturing is co-ed, and my young women don't appear welcome in a "Boy-Focused" program.

Anyone else (youth shooting programs which go beyond .22LR bolt-action rifles) our unit should be looking at migrating to?
Link Posted: 5/10/2024 8:02:44 PM EDT
[#24]
Originally Posted By pepe-lepew:
This is not recent news. This was put in place since a scout was killed with a centerfire rifle. When you start killing kids in your youth shooting program it gets really costly.
View Quote

The thing is, that unit (and facility) already broke *ALL* the BSA shooting rules, so just like other forms of "gun control" we will add more rules to punish the law-abiding/rurle-following and have no effect at all on the rule-breakers.  Their youth weren't in the right program, nor had the proper training, nor had the proper adult leadership to shoot centerfire, so banning the people who DID follow the rules from shooting centerfire isn't going to change anything...
Link Posted: 5/10/2024 8:36:22 PM EDT
[#25]
I got my Eagle and Order of the Arrow back in 1975. It hurts to see what has happened to the Boy Scouts.
Link Posted: 5/10/2024 8:54:32 PM EDT
[#26]
Originally Posted By PaladinM1911:
Need to bring back Y Indian Guides, loved it as a kid.
https://static.wixstatic.com/media/0359ff_c7251ec9e39a4a749443f06a96660510~mv2.gif
View Quote

It still exists. And they let kids, even younger ones, shoot guns and climb tall things.
Link Posted: 5/10/2024 8:55:11 PM EDT
[#27]
One of my Eagle Scouts got his Eagle badge tattooed over his heart.
I'm wondering if he's regretting that now.

Link Posted: 5/10/2024 9:01:19 PM EDT
[#28]
4-H is doing the same shit.  It's embarrassing.  No more "military style" guns.  I'll be surprised if 4-H shooting sports is still even allowed in ten years.
Link Posted: 5/10/2024 9:07:50 PM EDT
[#29]
Scouting has been dead for years sadly.
Link Posted: 5/10/2024 9:08:43 PM EDT
[#30]
View Quote

Same. I dont even fucking care anymore.
Link Posted: 5/10/2024 9:11:04 PM EDT
[#31]
Duty to God.  Duty to others.  Duty to self.

It seems like in recent years the country has been trying to tear down the very values I learned in Scouting.

The bit about commercial ranges is also interesting.  Both private nonprofit clubs I belong are far better run than any commercial range I know of.  How does a range get nationally authorized?
Link Posted: 5/10/2024 9:11:52 PM EDT
[#32]
Originally Posted By riverrockar:
4-H is doing the same shit.  It's embarrassing.  No more "military style" guns.  I'll be surprised if 4-H shooting sports is still even allowed in ten years.
View Quote

No one is coming to save you. Everything is your responsibility.

I just take my kids and do things with them that I think they need to, or should, do. None of these organizations matter anymore. If they still offer “something” useful or positive for your family, great. But they cannot be depended upon.
Link Posted: 5/10/2024 9:12:39 PM EDT
[#33]
I'm an eagle, and fuck them.
Link Posted: 5/10/2024 9:15:19 PM EDT
[#34]
Originally Posted By broken_reticle:

View Quote

Centerfire going bye-bye was probably part of settling the lawsuit over the kid that got shot in the head with an AK at scout camp in Hawaii.
Link Posted: 5/10/2024 9:17:52 PM EDT
[Last Edit: dbrowne1] [#35]
Originally Posted By jwr6:

Centerfire going bye-bye was probably part of settling the lawsuit over the kid that got shot in the head with an AK at scout camp in Hawaii.
View Quote

We should completely stop teaching boys to be men and to deal with tools of men because of one idiot. Thus ensuring that such idiocy will be visited upon us and them later, millions of times over.

This sounds exactly like what would happen by an organization taken over by MBAs and female HR lawyers.
Link Posted: 5/10/2024 9:27:12 PM EDT
[#36]
Originally Posted By Ewald:
Duty to God.  Duty to others.  Duty to self.

It seems like in recent years the country has been trying to tear down the very values I learned in Scouting.

The bit about commercial ranges is also interesting.  Both private nonprofit clubs I belong are far better run than any commercial range I know of.  How does a range get nationally authorized?
View Quote

Have enough liability insurance to satisfy the parents of kid that gets accidentally killed.
Link Posted: 5/10/2024 9:36:15 PM EDT
[#37]
Originally Posted By BullpupFan:

The thing is, that unit (and facility) already broke *ALL* the BSA shooting rules, so just like other forms of "gun control" we will add more rules to punish the law-abiding/rurle-following and have no effect at all on the rule-breakers.  Their youth weren't in the right program, nor had the proper training, nor had the proper adult leadership to shoot centerfire, so banning the people who DID follow the rules from shooting centerfire isn't going to change anything...
View All Quotes

Yup, more of the "kids are racing up and down the 35mph street at 60+ miles per hour and kill a pedestrian. Solution? Lower speed limit on the street to 25."
Link Posted: 5/10/2024 9:38:31 PM EDT
[#38]
Originally Posted By dbrowne1:

We should completely stop teaching boys to be men and to deal with tools of men because of one idiot. Thus ensuring that such idiocy will be visited upon us and them later, millions of times over.

This sounds exactly like what would happen by an organization taken over by MBAs and female HR lawyers.
View All Quotes

Maybe, but the scouts already got tired of paying megabucks for the sins of kiddiefucking scoutmasters chartered by Baptist churches that didn't have a pot to piss in.  Now they don't want to pay for any more dickheads who will let a kid fingerfuck a highpower rifle while everyone else is downrange checking targets.  

Here's the bottom line: the BSA is going to do it's level best to insulate itself from lawsuits.  You want to take your kids to the private gun club and shoot your microuzi?  Fine.  That's between you and them.  The BSA is just saying they aren't going to cover you if something goes south.
Link Posted: 5/10/2024 9:45:13 PM EDT
[#39]

Maybe, but the scouts already got tired of paying megabucks for the sins of kiddiefucking scoutmasters chartered by Baptist churches that didn't have a pot to piss in.  Now they don't want to pay for any more dickheads who will let a kid fingerfuck a highpower rifle while everyone else is downrange checking targets.  

Here's the bottom line: the BSA is going to do it's level best to insulate itself from lawsuits.  You want to take your kids to the private gun club and shoot your microuzi?  Fine.  That's between you and them.  The BSA is just saying they aren't going to cover you if something goes south.
View Quote

Holy rationalization.

The program formerly known as Boy Scouts had been so nerfed and feminized, in so many ways, it’s not even recognizable anymore. It’s the transitioned tranny of male programs. This firearms stuff is just one of many symptoms.
Link Posted: 5/10/2024 9:47:12 PM EDT
[#40]

View All Quotes

Apparently the BSA's rules weren't enough, so no more centerfire on the BSA's liability dime.

Link Posted: 5/10/2024 9:48:27 PM EDT
[#41]

Stupidest part is how much of a draw shooting sports was - BB guns then .22LR bolt actions then centerfire rifles and pistols. Lot of kids who stayed in Scouting due to moving up the shooting ranks...
View Quote

I got my love of firearms due to the Boy Scouts.  

I won't volunteer my time time anymore.  They are shooting themselves in the foot trying to please EVERYONE.

<< Eagle Scout 1983  It's not the same now.  Not even close!
Link Posted: 5/10/2024 9:49:48 PM EDT
[#42]

Apparently the BSA's rules weren't enough, so no more centerfire on the BSA's liability dime.

View Quote

How does this keep BSA from getting sued if someone decides to simply break their rules again at one of their properties or under the aegis of one of their programs?
Link Posted: 5/10/2024 9:50:25 PM EDT
[#43]
Originally Posted By OKnativeson:
I'm a shooting instructor Pistol and Rifle and RSO for our District.

my son got his Eagle right before it went to hell.
View Quote

Same here.  When my credentials expire, I will not go through the process to renew them.
Link Posted: 5/10/2024 9:50:27 PM EDT
[#44]
We would go to summer camp and a local cop would bring out a freaking tommy gun.  He'd let the dads there give it a rip.  Those were the days!
Link Posted: 5/10/2024 9:53:31 PM EDT
[Last Edit: whiskerz] [#45]
The former owner of my house was a scout leader. I have a bunch of things a scout troop could use in the garage. I could not find a troop within 50 miles of here. At one time I know he did skeet shooting here for the scouts.
Link Posted: 5/10/2024 9:56:24 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 57fairlane] [#46]
Our TrailLife troop just had a troop shooting event at one of the member's farm
Link Posted: 5/10/2024 9:58:59 PM EDT
[#47]

Holy rationalization.

The program formerly known as Boy Scouts had been so nerfed and feminized, in so many ways, it’s not even recognizable anymore. It’s the transitioned tranny of male programs. This firearms stuff is just one of many symptoms.
View All Quotes

Holy rationalization.

It's not rationalization.  It's the result of a national but highly decentralized organization getting sued into bankruptcy due to the actions of the decentralized actors.  The "tranny shit"?  If they have to choose between "transitioned tranny" or "biblethumping boyfuckers", tranny is going to win every single time, because trannys won't get the BSA sued.  The "this is between you, me and God" boyfucker will.   Single shot 22s won't get the BSA sued.  Uncle Bubba's AK will.

Everyone involved in BSA shooting sports knew this was coming the moment we heard the news from Hawaii.
Link Posted: 5/10/2024 10:04:44 PM EDT
[#48]

How does this keep BSA from getting sued if someone decides to simply break their rules again at one of their properties or under the aegis of one of their programs?
View All Quotes

Because now, having an AK on the range automatically means it it not a sanctioned BSA event.  The adults are not acting on behalf of the BSA.  They committed perjury on their request to use the camp, so are in fact trespassing on BSA property.
Link Posted: 5/10/2024 10:06:08 PM EDT
[#49]

It's not rationalization.  It's the result of a national but highly decentralized organization getting sued into bankruptcy due to the actions of the decentralized actors.  The "tranny shit"?  If they have to choose between "transitioned tranny" or "biblethumping boyfuckers", tranny is going to win every single time, because trannys won't get the BSA sued.  The "this is between you, me and God" boyfucker will.   Single shot 22s won't get the BSA sued.  Uncle Bubba's AK will.

Everyone involved in BSA shooting sports knew this was coming the moment we heard the news from Hawaii.
View Quote

So again, How does this keep BSA from getting sued if someone decides to simply break their rules again at one of their properties or under the aegis of one of their programs?

Lots of BSA rules got violated at the Hawaii incident, right? You can’t keep someone from having centerfire rifles at a BSA shoot any more than you can keep a scoutmaster from diddling a scout just by making a “rule,” nor can you keep BSA from being sued for either one. The difference is that centerfire rifles could and should have a legitimate role in the program.

This is just more faggotry brought to us by the people who have already destroyed everything else about Boy Scouts.

Link Posted: 5/10/2024 10:06:46 PM EDT
[Last Edit: dbrowne1] [#50]

Because now, having an AK on the range automatically means it it not a sanctioned BSA event.  The adults are not acting on behalf of the BSA.  They committed perjury on their request to use the camp, so are in fact trespassing on BSA property.
View Quote

Lol. I can tell you’re not a lawyer.

Sex abuse (which you repeatedly raise) is not a BSA sanctioned event, and BSA got sued into oblivion for those unsanctioned criminal acts.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Top Top