Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/14/2024 1:27:46 PM EDT
Trying to locate a rifle length quad rail (this is GD, so I assume I will get made fun of for this).

Anyway, would the end of this rail work on my 20”PSA?  My PSA has a triangle end cap, but the guy selling this says it is for a round cap.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/14/2024 1:29:52 PM EDT
[#1]
Guy doesn’t know what he’s talking about… pictured rail is a triangle endcap rail.
Link Posted: 4/14/2024 1:30:47 PM EDT
[#2]
The DD Omega is a drop in rail, and it’s a free floater so the handguard cap doesn’t even matter
Link Posted: 4/14/2024 1:36:36 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By 797hp:
The DD Omega is a drop in rail, and it’s a free floater so the handguard cap doesn’t even matter
View Quote

The pictured rail is not a DD.  It is some off brand drop in.  I just want some rail space to mount a battery for my Sightmark Wraith.
Link Posted: 4/14/2024 1:41:01 PM EDT
[#4]
I know it’s not a DD.

I simply stated the DD doesn’t care what kind of cap you have, since you’re looking for a drop in rail for a certain end cap.

I’d rather free float the barrel and not even use the end cap, especially on a 20”
Link Posted: 4/14/2024 1:46:30 PM EDT
[Last Edit: HDLS] [#5]
https://midwestindustriesinc.com/mi-gen2-two-piece-drop-in-handguard/

MCTAR-19G2 (Rifle) – Only for use with triangle handguard caps
Link Posted: 4/14/2024 1:48:42 PM EDT
[#6]
i put MagPul SL on mine.  so far no issues with the mlok/pic rail attached stuff I have on them including the rail that has a qd sling socket and a light.  been banging around for a few years it's held up fine and it's much lighter than the quad rails and way easier on the hands. by the time you put rail covers on a quad rail it feels like you're holding the fat end of a bat imo.
Link Posted: 4/14/2024 1:50:56 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Lone_Gringo] [#7]
I have one of these and it is a decent drop in two piece handguard, website states it works with triangle cap.

https://midwestindustriesinc.com/mi-gen2-two-piece-drop-in-handguard/

Edit : Beat
Link Posted: 4/14/2024 5:16:29 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By racer765:
i put MagPul SL on mine.  so far no issues with the mlok/pic rail attached stuff I have on them including the rail that has a qd sling socket and a light.  been banging around for a few years it's held up fine and it's much lighter than the quad rails and way easier on the hands. by the time you put rail covers on a quad rail it feels like you're holding the fat end of a bat imo.
View Quote

The SL's really are a superior handguard, I put 'em on every rifle.
Link Posted: 4/17/2024 11:02:35 PM EDT
[#9]
So what the hell was I shipped?

Front looks way off from what was shown in the pic on Gunbroker and will not fit endcap.
Attachment Attached File

Back is not recessed and will not fit delta ring.
Attachment Attached File

I could be backwards since the rails are not labels like they are in the GB pic, but if I flip it, still will not fit.

Link Posted: 4/17/2024 11:13:24 PM EDT
[#10]
It looks nothing like whatever was advertised on gunbroker. No rail slot index markings, what you received has QD sockets on the end, while the original pictured item does not.

You'll save a lot of headache by going with a reputable brand instead of something off-brand or chinesium.
Link Posted: 4/17/2024 11:16:40 PM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By Apec:
It looks nothing like whatever was advertised on gunbroker. No rail slot index markings, what you received has QD sockets on the end, while the original pictured item does not.

You'll save a lot of headache by going with a reputable brand instead of something off-brand or chinesium.
View Quote

Thank you.

Is this for some sort of free float mounting or something?
Link Posted: 4/17/2024 11:22:14 PM EDT
[#12]
You were sent the rifle length version of this $29 rail.

https://www.cdnnsports.com/quad-rail-16-no-rail-covers-9647.html
Link Posted: 4/17/2024 11:32:41 PM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By cbsaf:

View Quote

How would one install that?  The one end cannot engage the endcap or the delta ring.
Link Posted: 4/17/2024 11:39:04 PM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By SPARKY4:

How would one install that?  The one end cannot engage the endcap or the delta ring.
View Quote

Angled edge into the delta ring.  Flat end over a round handguard cap, not tucked into it.

AIM Sports Inc. Quad Rails - Free Float & 2 Piece Drop In
Link Posted: 4/18/2024 7:31:28 PM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By cbsaf:

View Quote

Great.

Now I get to see how returns work on Gunbroker.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top