Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/30/2024 2:19:43 PM EDT
The name seems to be misleading as a number of people have thought just being in the EE counted as a "strike" against them or felt attacked just by there being a thread there regarding them. Renaming it would also make it clearer than the point is not to leave negative feedback, but to avoid it by coming to a solution.
Link Posted: 1/30/2024 2:51:04 PM EDT
[#1]
No! We can’t cater to people’s feelings and it clearly denotes where to leave appropriate feedback for unsavory persons in EE transactions. If anything, rename it “Feedback on criminal scum”.
Link Posted: 1/30/2024 3:00:06 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By RABIDFOX50:
No! We can’t cater to people’s feelings and it clearly denotes where to leave appropriate feedback for unsavory persons in EE transactions. If anything, rename it “Feedback on criminal scum”.
View Quote

That's exactly the problem and you dont seem to know what the negative feedback forum is for.  It's for resolution and not simply the bad guys.  The goal is to resolve any issues that may arise in the EE
Link Posted: 1/30/2024 3:16:34 PM EDT
[#3]
The “Negative Feedback ONLY” section title is somewhat misleading and IMO, makes people feel immediately attacked once a thread is started.  Maybe something along the lines of “Transaction Resolutions and Negative Feedback ONLY, “Disputes and NegativeFeedback ONLY”. Maybe it’s the “Negative” descriptor in the title that is causing the move for a change?

The current title does not bother me but I have never had a thread started against me.  I have had to start two threads that I was looking for a resolution.  I was not looking to leave negative feedback, only find a resolution to an issue I had with a seller/ potential seller.
Link Posted: 1/30/2024 7:12:34 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Mav3rick] [#4]
The EE feedback system like most feedback systems (i.e. eBay, GunBroker, etc.) are poorly designed and could better.

The negative feedback thread wouldn't be a thing if people would just follow through with what they are supposed to do.
Link Posted: 1/30/2024 7:32:17 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By Marquar:
The name seems to be misleading as a number of people have thought just being in the EE counted as a "strike" against them or felt attacked just by there being a thread there regarding them. Renaming it would also make it clearer than the point is not to leave negative feedback, but to avoid it by coming to a solution.
View Quote

Well stated, and agreed. ^^^^

As for what to title it, I have no suggestion. I feel like "Negative Feedback " needs to tied to the forum in some manner.
Link Posted: 1/30/2024 7:44:39 PM EDT
[#6]
The negative feedbacks are being resolved because people are being publicly put on blast.  The resolution doesn't need to be done in a thread, it can be done privately via IMs.  If not, that warrants negative feedback IMO.
Link Posted: 1/31/2024 10:53:01 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 1/31/2024 11:28:25 AM EDT
[#8]
"EE RELATED ISSUES" has a nice ring to it.
Link Posted: 1/31/2024 11:31:24 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 1/31/2024 11:57:06 AM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By Eat_Beef:
Resolution for Issues with EE Deals
View Quote

Better yet.
Link Posted: 1/31/2024 5:44:52 PM EDT
[#11]
+1 supporting the name change.

View Quote

That works.

EE Transaction Disputes/Resolutions” doesn’t sound bad either.

As mentioned above, negative feedback can be the result of threads in the “NF” forum and/or private IM communications with mods/staff. However, many disputes can be resolved relatively painlessly when both parties play nice (along with the peanut gallery) in the “NF” forum. Resulting in a non-negative feedback transaction.

I’d be curious if there would be an uptick in threads due to the name change. Regardless, the “NF” forum rules are clearly posted and the name change could help prevent confusion for those who don’t frequent that area of the site.

Link Posted: 1/31/2024 5:52:53 PM EDT
[#12]
No. Leave it.
Link Posted: 1/31/2024 6:21:50 PM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By RABIDFOX50:
View Quote

lol

A large portion of stuff in there has nothing to do with “criminal scum.”
Link Posted: 1/31/2024 6:26:16 PM EDT
[Last Edit: WUPHF] [#14]
Originally Posted By ThePitt:
The negative feedbacks are being resolved because people are being publicly put on blast.  The resolution doesn't need to be done in a thread, it can be done privately via IMs.  If not, that warrants negative feedback IMO.
View Quote

How are you supposed to conduct a 3 way (buyer, seller, mod) discussion to resolve an issue via PM?

Trying to submit lengthy records of communication would be a nightmare via PM as well.

The current forum and thread setup works fine.  If you’ve done something you’d be ashamed of being outed publicly, maybe you shouldn’t have done that.  Conduct every transaction as if every detail is going to be public knowledge and you shouldn’t have any issues.
Link Posted: 1/31/2024 7:24:54 PM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By isullivan:

That works.

As mentioned above, negative feedback can be the result of threads in the “NF” forum and/or private IM communications with mods/staff. However, many disputes can be resolved relatively painlessly when both parties play nice (along with the peanut gallery) in the “NF” forum. Resulting in a non-negative feedback transaction.

I’d be curious if there would be an uptick in threads due to the name change. Regardless, the “NF” forum rules are clearly posted and the name change could help prevent confusion for those who don’t frequent that area of the site.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By isullivan:

That works.

Add one more "+1" in support of the name change.
Link Posted: 2/6/2024 6:47:05 PM EDT
[#16]
Change thy damn name pretty please.
Link Posted: 2/6/2024 7:42:42 PM EDT
[#17]
Given that the feedback system is for leaving negative feedback, and we're not supposed to post in "Negative Feedback" simply to leave negative feedback (and people who do get told to use the feedback system and move on), I would support changing the name.
Link Posted: 2/6/2024 8:25:02 PM EDT
[Last Edit: USSRangerSM] [#18]
Link Posted: 2/6/2024 8:45:59 PM EDT
[#19]
I think the rules need to be set in stone and need to not be open for interpretation. To me it’s black and white and honestly I’ve seen some of the biggest whiners in the NF section. It should be called Resolution Center. And the rules need to be 100% black and white. The majority of time it’s a legitimate issue. But something as simple as asking someone if they’ll consider “X” amount and then them being all like “yeah I will” doesn’t constitute a deal anywhere outside of here.
Link Posted: 2/22/2024 1:20:08 AM EDT
[#20]
Here to also add my support of changing the sub forum name. If peaceful resolution is truly the intent of that forum, it shouldn’t come with the heavy connotation of purposeful malintent from one or another party. It ends up causing undo stress and causes the complete opposite of its stated purpose by making one feel like they are being blind sided, attacked, and/or slandered.
Link Posted: 3/4/2024 7:11:20 PM EDT
[#21]
Well seems like comments and questions was changed.  What about the negative feedback only sub?
Link Posted: 3/5/2024 9:53:14 AM EDT
[#22]
Originally Posted By spyk3:
Well seems like comments and questions was changed.  What about the negative feedback only sub?
View Quote

Link Posted: 3/7/2024 9:05:51 AM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 3/7/2024 9:16:01 AM EDT
[#24]
Originally Posted By tspike:
No. Leave it.
View Quote

We've got 99 problems with the site, and the name of the negative feedback area ain't one.
Link Posted: 3/7/2024 10:13:19 AM EDT
[Last Edit: TGWLDR] [#25]

We ask for NF to be changed, and they change C/Q.

You can't make this stuff up.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By TGWLDR:

We ask for NF to be changed, and they change C/Q.

You can't make this stuff up.

ETA: Actually, not funny.
Link Posted: 3/7/2024 11:27:30 AM EDT
[#26]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top