Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/29/2024 1:19:47 AM EDT
Yes they are old and cheap but I have two pairs of these things and I put fresh batteries in them and they still work great but the ear pads are chewed up and they are missing the wind socks. I've been googling and I'm not seeing any direct replacement for the ear pads. Any recommendations here? Thank you.

Link Posted: 3/29/2024 1:24:00 AM EDT
[Last Edit: NVCapCop] [#1]
Those are Peltor Tac 6

Upgrade to gel
Peltor gels

Windscreens

Link Posted: 3/29/2024 1:31:19 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By NVCapCop:
Those are Peltor Tac 6

Upgrade to gel
Peltor gels

Windscreens

View Quote

Thank you.
Link Posted: 3/29/2024 1:32:21 AM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By NVCapCop:
Those are Peltor Tac 6

Upgrade to gel
Peltor gels

Windscreens

View Quote

Is there a trick to removing the ear pad so they don't get torn up? I always found it very difficult to remove the ear pads to replace the batteries and I always cut the pad or gouged it
Link Posted: 3/29/2024 1:38:40 AM EDT
[Last Edit: NVCapCop] [#4]
Originally Posted By ride_the_lightning:

Is there a trick to removing the ear pad so they don't get torn up? I always found it very difficult to remove the ear pads to replace the batteries and I always cut the pad or gouged it
View Quote

Small jewelers screwdriver should work.
You will want to be gentle with the new windscreens because they will tear easily.
Also, Energizer Ultimate Lithium AAA are the best batteries to use.
Link Posted: 3/29/2024 2:27:08 AM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By ride_the_lightning:

View Quote

I find it easier to just reach into the middle and pull.  The gel kits should include new inner foam so it shouldn’t matter if the old stuff tears.
Link Posted: 3/29/2024 2:41:04 AM EDT
[#6]
This thread is relevant to my interests. I have 3 Peltor 6-S sitting in a bin, each with something broken or missing. I've been meaning to see if I can cannibalize enough parts to make one or (hopefully) two operable units. I may need to dig them out now.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top