True North Concepts Modular Holster Adapter
Safariland QLS mount
Safariland ALS holster with nub
Optional T-Rex Arms leg strap
Velcro onewrap for the kywis

Start there.  Add IFAK, dump pouch, gloves hook, etc

This is the way.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/509384/20230708_122027-3064746.jpg

I own most all of them and this load out is pretty much the standard!!  Only difference being the belt itself and that's a buy and try scenario so take others advice in here it's pretty obvious what most have and like.............
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 9:50:04 AM EDT
[#4]
I like the Kywi pouches the best and Esstac makes great stuff.

The G-Code is another to look at if you want to use different types of magazines, their pouches will take pretty much anything. I'm not a fan of him locking you into his mounting system and he hit you pretty hard ($) for the mounts. But, if you don't want to buy a few belts and a bunch of different pouches, they are good.
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 10:09:12 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History

Link Posted: 4/27/2024 10:09:36 AM EDT
[#6]
Ive tried esstac, ronin, blue alpha and lead devil. Safelife is the best I’ve found. It’s stiff as hell and after 3 years of use every day use it’s still going strong. That’s not standing on the range once a week that’s driving, training, patrol, running, fighting, climbing fences etc. I’ve got a lot of weight on it too. Much more than what’s typically shown on a “battle belt.”  For an under belt I use an endom flex.
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 10:11:56 AM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By Notcalifornialegal:
Esstac.

It's the best tac.
View Quote

My favorite that I've tried.
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 9:38:40 PM EDT
[#8]
Please forgive my ignorance but what is the purpose of a dump pouch?  I've seen that term a few times.
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 9:42:23 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By CAsoldier:
Ive tried esstac, ronin, blue alpha and lead devil. Safelife is the best I’ve found. It’s stiff as hell and after 3 years of use every day use it’s still going strong. That’s not standing on the range once a week that’s driving, training, patrol, running, fighting, climbing fences etc. I’ve got a lot of weight on it too. Much more than what’s typically shown on a “battle belt.”  For an under belt I use an endom flex.
View Quote

You must like the PALS webbing?
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 9:43:30 PM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By SG55xdude:
Please forgive my ignorance but what is the purpose of a dump pouch?  I've seen that term a few times.
View Quote

To put random stuff in it.  Empty mags, water bottles, shotgun shells, etc...
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 9:46:04 PM EDT
[#11]
For esstac have any of you guys tried both the shooters belt and the enhanced shooters belt?  Which did you prefer?
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 9:48:47 PM EDT
[Last Edit: scuba_steve] [#12]
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 9:49:38 PM EDT
[#13]
As a civilian you won't use it besides gun games.
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 10:18:17 PM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By iwouldntknow:
As a civilian you won't use it besides gun games.
View Quote

And trainings.
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 10:18:27 PM EDT
[#15]
HSGI around an old Ares carry belt. Those rigid dive belts cause nerve pains in my legs now. Not this. Unloaded I could sleep in it. Esstac pouches and T Rex holster. I should probably have a dump pouch and TQ but I just plink with it.

Link Posted: 4/29/2024 3:18:11 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Master_Blaster] [#16]
Originally Posted By tc2129:
I’ve got an HSGI padded belt, an Eagle operator gun belt, and. SubSecond belt.  The HSGI was issued at work and came with tacos,  I’m not a fan of padded belts, so I don’t wear it.   I prefer the Eagle and SubSecond and use both for work.  Im a fan of the thinner belt profile.

I haven’t had the SubSecond long, but so far I really like it. The owner of the company is a former 7th Group guy and is always working on improving his stuff.  He’s local to my area and I run into him  quite a bit at the range where I am a member. He seems like a solid dude and really cares about putting out a good product. Quite a few 7th Group  guys are using his belts, as are LE SWAT guys.

For mag pouches, I’m an ESSTAC fan. I use a Blue Force Gear Micro Trauma kit and BFG micro dump pouch.  Holster mount is a Safariland QLS on a low ride mount to switch between holsters and pistols.
View Quote

Subsecond looks legit. Wondering how it compares with Agilite Magnetix.
Link Posted: 4/29/2024 3:28:01 AM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By Notcalifornialegal:
Esstac.

It's the best tac.
View Quote

It is going to be my next belt.
Link Posted: 4/29/2024 3:46:19 AM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By magnum_99:
AWS SMU

ESSTAC Kiwi pouches (Tacos suck ass)
View Quote

This right here!
Link Posted: 4/29/2024 5:18:43 AM EDT
[#19]
For esstac have any of you guys tried both the shooters belt and the enhanced shooters belt?  Which did you prefer?
View Quote

I just got the enhanced one. The website doesn't say it outright, but the way I read it is that the enhanced one is stiffer and lighter.
Link Posted: 4/29/2024 5:30:41 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Oldgold] [#20]
OP, get what’s on sale as long as it’s got a good buckle.  I’ve got four and really can’t tell which is which unless I look at the label. Don’t overload it. And get the under belt.
Link Posted: 4/29/2024 6:14:02 AM EDT
[#21]
Mid or tall kywi for belt mounted, if you want an open top.

I like the Trex speed belt, more convenient for sizing.
Link Posted: 4/29/2024 6:15:39 AM EDT
[#22]
Blue Alpha 1.75” molle double belt with Esstac mag pouches. Like many said, the inner Velcro belt is nice because it pretty much locks the outer belt to you and you don’t need to thread it through your belt loops. I’d be fine with the esstac belt as well, I just got a deal on the Blue Alpha at the time.

I like the esstac small “skittles bag” dump pouch because it’s not too big. However, it’s very rigid and needs to be worked a bunch to loosen up and stay open.
Link Posted: 4/29/2024 12:29:17 PM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 4/29/2024 1:13:46 PM EDT
[#24]
GBRS V3
AWS SMU
Esstac
Ferro
Ronin

Pick your flavor.

Esstac kiwis for mag pouches, always.
Link Posted: 4/29/2024 1:17:36 PM EDT
[#25]
View Quote

Enhanced shooters belt. Hands down, no question.
Link Posted: 4/30/2024 9:56:04 AM EDT
[#26]
I ended up ordering an Esstac enhanced shooters belt, kywi double gap pistol pouch, kywi double stanag ar15 mag pouch, mini skittles dump pouch, and qls receiver plate and forks.

I also ordered a true north MHA,  leg strap kit, forge concepts leg strap.

I got a couple MHA universal mounts.  I think that will make make dara retention holster fit a qls fork but I can order a bridge adapted from dara if not.  

Now I need a couple more retention holsters as all but one of mine are more for ccw
Link Posted: 4/30/2024 10:08:42 AM EDT
[Last Edit: rb889] [#27]
View Quote

Large, universal pouch that can fold or roll up to keep it low profile when not in use.

Supposed to be for dropping spent magazines to retain them, but more often than not, it becomes an additional GP pouch for water bottles, twinkies, or shit picked up in the field.

ETA: lotta folks talking about using some form of molle attachment, am I the only one that still uses one-wrap for two-piece belts? Waaay more convenient to adjust, save for maybe AWS lab belt panels, which do the same thing while being a bit more stable.
Link Posted: 4/30/2024 10:34:47 AM EDT
[#28]
Originally Posted By FistPeso:

And trainings.
View Quote

hopefully. I wore mine and my PC during an active shooter in our neighborhood, so there's that.
Link Posted: 4/30/2024 11:06:52 AM EDT
[#29]
Originally Posted By rb889:

Large, universal pouch that can fold or roll up to keep it low profile when not in use.

Supposed to be for dropping spent magazines to retain them, but more often than not, it becomes an additional GP pouch for water bottles, twinkies, or shit picked up in the field.

ETA: lotta folks talking about using some form of molle attachment, am I the only one that still uses one-wrap for two-piece belts? Waaay more convenient to adjust, save for maybe AWS lab belt panels, which do the same thing while being a bit more stable.
View Quote

I am with you, one wrap and Esstac.  Molle is not necessary.
Link Posted: Yesterday 3:42:52 PM EDT
[#30]
I got my order from Esstac last Thursday and True North Concepts Monday.  Everything is really nice.  The only issue I have is Esstac only sent one velcro onewrap strap or whatever it is called for the double pistol pouch.  They sent 2 for the double rifle pouch.  I am pretty sure the pistol is supposed to have 2.  The side without the strap predictably flops around.

No big deal I thought but I can not seem to reach Esstac.  I used the contact form on their website Thursday Evening.  Yesterday I still had not heard back to I replied to the order confirmation email which appears to be an email used for contact.  I have checked my inbox and spam folders every day.  They have no phone number listed.

If I don't hear back from them in a few days I am just going to box it all up, send it back, then start a chargeback on my card.  I am getting irritated I can't even seem to contact a company that didn't send my entire order.
Link Posted: Yesterday 4:49:37 PM EDT
[#31]
Originally Posted By Scalped:

My current bb is Tactical Tailor Fight Light. Love it.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Scalped:
Originally Posted By 1fromtx:
I tried and didn't like the tacos.

I went with gcode soft shell scorpion for my belt and have no regrets

Edit to add
My first belt was a Tactical Tailor and had belt keepers made.

Now I have the AWS SMU belt and love it so far.

My current bb is Tactical Tailor Fight Light. Love it.

This is my first time using the velcro inner belt.
Never been a fan of velcro but it's either been improved or most of the velcro I had experience with was imitation.

The TT belt was and is a good belt.  I guess one problem with it would be it has the loop sewn on it instead of the hook.
That part actually helped me with the keeper's being smooth.

The only other thing would be the fastex buckle.
I've had a nylon duty belt that came undone a couple of times and the TT did once. That one may of been my fault for not connecting it and double checking.

Harv24 turned me onto the AWS belt
Link Posted: Yesterday 5:53:24 PM EDT
[#32]
I got my order from Esstac last Thursday and True North Concepts Monday.  Everything is really nice.  The only issue I have is Esstac only sent one velcro onewrap strap or whatever it is called for the double pistol pouch.  They sent 2 for the double rifle pouch.  I am pretty sure the pistol is supposed to have 2.  The side without the strap predictably flops around.

No big deal I thought but I can not seem to reach Esstac.  I used the contact form on their website Thursday Evening.  Yesterday I still had not heard back to I replied to the order confirmation email which appears to be an email used for contact.  I have checked my inbox and spam folders every day.  They have no phone number listed.

If I don't hear back from them in a few days I am just going to box it all up, send it back, then start a chargeback on my card.  I am getting irritated I can't even seem to contact a company that didn't send my entire order.
View Quote

@SG55xdude

They have an industry forum here that might be better for contacting someone
Link Posted: Yesterday 5:56:47 PM EDT
[Last Edit: WUPHF] [#33]

View Quote

While admittedly annoying that you can’t reach someone immediately, boxing it up/shipping it back and initiating a chargeback sounds a bit dramatic and excessive, especially over a couple dollar piece of Velcro OneWrap.  
Link Posted: Yesterday 6:04:30 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 11boomboom] [#34]

View Quote

@esstac-
Link Posted: Yesterday 6:31:50 PM EDT
[Last Edit: SG55xdude] [#35]
Originally Posted By WUPHF:

While admittedly annoying that you can’t reach someone immediately, boxing it up/shipping it back and initiating a chargeback sounds a bit dramatic and excessive, especially over a couple dollar piece of Velcro OneWrap.  
View Quote

We are going on 6 days now (4 business days).  That is far from wanting an immediate response.  I sent a second email yesterday.  
Im not going to throw a fit about it but if I can't even get a response after a week it seems I would be better served by another company to be honest.  I will give them till Friday.  I don't really know what else to do if they don't respond at all.
Link Posted: Yesterday 6:37:32 PM EDT
[#36]

View Quote

Double and triple check to make sure you don't have 2 pieces of One Wrap stuck together, most of the time there are 2 pieces stuck together and cut as one.

If not you can always buy a roll of it off of Amazon and use it for everything.  One I saw what it was I started using it to clean up wiring, hold stuff to other gear, secure electric cords when rolled, and tons of other silly things.  It's super handy stuff to have around.
Link Posted: Yesterday 6:39:09 PM EDT
[#37]

We are going on 6 days now (4 business days).  That is far from wanting an immediate response.  I sent a second email yesterday.  
Im not going to throw a fit about it but if I can't even get a response after a week it seems I would be better served by another company to be honest.  I will give them till Friday.  I don't really know what else to do if they don't respond at all.
View Quote

They have a forum here and are active.

What email address did you email to? There is one listed on the website that is different from what I’ve gotten order info from… pretty solid chance if you’re just replying to the order info it’s going to an unmonitored mailbox.

Perhaps make sure your actually sending messages to a monitored mailbox…
Link Posted: Yesterday 6:50:22 PM EDT
[#38]
Originally Posted By OiRogers:

They have a forum here and are active.

What email address did you email to? There is one listed on the website that is different from what I’ve gotten order info from… pretty solid chance if you’re just replying to the order info it’s going to an unmonitored mailbox.

Perhaps make sure your actually sending messages to a monitored mailbox…
View Quote

The first email was using the contact form on their website section for contacting them.
Link Posted: Yesterday 6:51:01 PM EDT
[#39]
Originally Posted By FJB247:

Double and triple check to make sure you don't have 2 pieces of One Wrap stuck together, most of the time there are 2 pieces stuck together and cut as one.

If not you can always buy a roll of it off of Amazon and use it for everything.  One I saw what it was I started using it to clean up wiring, hold stuff to other gear, secure electric cords when rolled, and tons of other silly things.  It's super handy stuff to have around.
View Quote

I will check tonight.  If that is the case I will update my stupidity.
Link Posted: Yesterday 6:51:10 PM EDT
[#40]
Originally Posted By steviesterno16:

hopefully. I wore mine and my PC during an active shooter in our neighborhood, so there's that.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By steviesterno16:
Originally Posted By FistPeso:

And trainings.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: Yesterday 6:51:47 PM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: Yesterday 6:53:50 PM EDT
[#42]
What’s wrong with a 511 riggers belt?
Link Posted: Yesterday 6:54:29 PM EDT
[#43]

View Quote

Spend a few dollars on a roll of one wrap?
Link Posted: Yesterday 6:56:44 PM EDT
[#44]
I have not read the whole thread, just saw the update in the OP.  Are you really getting that bent out of shape over a $.25 piece of velcro?  Esstac is amazing.  You sound less than amazing.

Buy a $5 3 foot roll of one wrap and move on with your life.  You are prime example of why we can’t have nice things.
Link Posted: Yesterday 6:56:52 PM EDT
[#45]

I will check tonight.  If that is the case I will update my stupidity.
View Quote
While it is annoying and you do have every right to be upset. If need be just go to your local Walmart and buy a roll of One wrap for $3

Thats what I did and it works better because now I can one wrap other things to my belt and it's cheaper then buying from online retailers
Link Posted: Yesterday 7:11:38 PM EDT
[#46]
Originally Posted By LineHaul:
I have not read the whole thread, just saw the update in the OP.  Are you really getting that bent out of shape over a $.25 piece of velcro?  Esstac is amazing.  You sound less than amazing.

Buy a $5 3 foot roll of one wrap and move on with your life.  You are prime example of why we can’t have nice things.
View Quote

No I am not bent out of shape but I was less than pleased when I can't seem to get any response to any form of communication as outlined on their website.  It rubs me the wrong way.
Link Posted: Yesterday 7:20:20 PM EDT
[#47]

No I am not bent out of shape but I was less than pleased when I can't seem to get any response to any form of communication as outlined on their website.  It rubs me the wrong way.
View Quote

You say that but it is clear you’re bent out of shape.  You are talking about a chargeback with your cc over a small piece of velcro and lack of comms for a few days….over a piece of velcro. Lol.

Hell, pm me i will send you a role of one wrap.  However, Im sure Stu will make you whole and then some for your “troubles”
Link Posted: Yesterday 7:23:11 PM EDT
[#48]
Link Posted: Yesterday 7:26:29 PM EDT
[Last Edit: BMSMB] [#49]
#HaveStuOneWrapMe
Link Posted: Yesterday 7:37:52 PM EDT
[Last Edit: SG55xdude] [#50]
Originally Posted By LineHaul:

You say that but it is clear you’re bent out of shape.  You are talking about a chargeback with your cc over a small piece of velcro and lack of comms for a few days….over a piece of velcro. Lol.

Hell, pm me i will send you a role of one wrap.  However, Im sure Stu will make you whole and then some for your “troubles”
View Quote

I am bent out of shape enough to post my experience and certainly I will return something if I don't receive what I paid for and the company doesn't address it, but not upset enough to really effect much else.  You seem like the type of person who must roll over.  Im not.  

They responded on their industry page so its a non issue.  All I wanted was to get a hold of someone and I did.  If nobody ever responded damn straight I would have sent it back.
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top