Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 6/12/2018 8:27:13 PM EDT
[Last Edit: squashpup] [#1]
1-24 oz. bottle ketchup.
1/3 cup cider vinegar
2 1/3 tablespoons Liquid Smoke
2 1/2 level tablespoons brown sugar
2-3 tsp black pepper (to taste)

OPTIONAL: Frank's sauce added to taste for a spicy sauce.

Mix and let set overnight in the fridge.

Super simple, sweet, smoky and tangy.

You can also cook this down to add richness and make a thicker sauce. As it is, it works great in a pop-top condiment bottle.

I make this all the time for my friends and family and they burn through it. Took a 12 oz squirt bottle to a small get together last week and 5 of us destroyed the bottle and two whole pork tenderloins.

I've seen people put it on grilled chicken, wings, nuggets, pulled pork, burgers, etc.
Link Posted: 9/23/2018 10:01:21 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By 25Chuck:

It's in the archives, I found it a few weeks ago. The author is the_camp_ninja.

ETA: Here it is.
View Quote
I just made a batch of this and damn is it tangy.
Much more sludge than I thought.
Link Posted: 9/28/2018 5:21:36 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 12/4/2018 2:52:01 PM EDT
[#4]
Subscribed.

I am going to make a Jack Daniels BBQ standard sauce copy.  I will post the results.  The first two search results had nearly identical recipes, so I have a good feeling.  

I love Famous Daves, Sweet Baby Rays, and Rudys, but those are fairly cheap and easy to get. JD never seems to go on sale and I haven't found a super-saver sized version.
Link Posted: 10/31/2019 8:31:34 PM EDT
[#5]
A BBQ sauce rediscovered. Had this recipe 30 years ago from watching a Frugal Gourmet show, then misplaced it. Thanks to YouTube and online newspaper databases found it again. A vinegar based sauce called Pride of Deer Camp. Great for pork, good for chicken, ok for beef. The recipe makes 2 gallons. Great as a marinade in a ziplock bag for a couple hours before the grill. Also a good sauce for adding to meat after it’s cooked.

The Recipe:

1 1/2 cups dark brown sugar
1 1/2 cups Worcester sauce
1 1/2 cups prepared yellow mustard
1 qt ketchup
1/2 cup fresh ground black pepper
1/2 cup crushed red pepper flakes
3 qts red wine vinegar
2 qts water
1 qt white wine
1 1/2 cups salt

Mix all ingredients in a 12 qt or larger Stainless pot, bring to boil and simmer for 30 minutes covered. While hot, Stir frequently while putting into glass canning jars. I use 1/2 and 1 pint jars. Nice size to give as gifts.
Link Posted: 10/31/2019 8:32:15 PM EDT
[Last Edit: wmagrush] [#6]
Double posted
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
RECIPE: BBQ Sauce(s) (Page 2 of 2)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top