Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/21/2023 11:45:30 PM EDT
Any fellow Arfcommers riding RAGBRAI this year?
I would love to see your setups and ride plan, past and present.
Are you using a charter service or bikepacking?

Schedule didn’t work out this year but I plan on attending and completing my virgin RAGBRAI voyage next year.
Link Posted: 5/26/2023 9:25:59 AM EDT
[Last Edit: -Obsessed-] [#1]
I'm riding it with a neighbor. I was enlightened to RAGBRAI back in 2018 after moving to IA in 2017. I did a single day that year, but I wasn't able to any other year for one reason or another.

My brother and I were all set to do it in 2020 then COVID happened.

Finally getting to do the full week this year. We are camping, only charter we are using is the ending town to starting town shuttle.

I'll be riding a bike I just purchased (haven't even got it yet), a 2022 Specialized Roubaix Comp. I'm riding a buddy's 2006 Trek so I'm looking forward to the upgrade. The bike I had back in 2018 was far too small I came to learn later.

Starting to get into longer rides for training now. I'm doing 55 miles tomorrow.

Pic of bike before it is getting packed up.

I'll be trying to fabricate a cargo rack of sorts to carry supplies and a solar panel. I had one made for my trike but decided to switch back to standard bike.

I also have all materials for tubeless incoming. Went with 32c GP5000 tires. They seem like a nice all-around tire.

Link Posted: 6/21/2023 4:22:04 PM EDT
[#2]
The last time I rode RAGBRAI was ‘91. I’ve lost touch with the friends I had that did it.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top