Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/24/2024 4:21:54 PM EDT
I’m playing through Divintiy Original Sin 2 now and am at the end. Only have the Doctor fight and the final boss fight. The most annoying thing about this game is it seems like They make boss fights only win able in one way and if you don’t have the right build or the spell combo they are impossible. My team is all the same level (20) but damn the doctor is impossible to burn down with his henchmen.

Before I drop money on BG3, is this game geared the same way? Really want to see the DnD style but if it’s geared the same way I may take a break and jump in to Lords of the fallen instead.
Link Posted: 2/25/2024 12:23:21 AM EDT
[#1]
BG3 while similar in terms of engine and the way the game "plays" is entirely different than Divinity OS or OS2.

There are MULTIPLE ways to kill bosses.  Be a bear that weighs 5000 lbs and jump from a cliff onto the boss....dead.  Set up a bunch of explodey barrels.... dead.

There is no "one way" to kill any bosses.  

That said, many of the real bosses are really hard.  They aren't simple, and it takes levels sometimes to get through it.  Leveling in this is a lot different than OS and OS2 as well, you are level capped at level 12, and it makes picking your sub-classes and spells much more important.
Link Posted: 2/25/2024 1:49:42 PM EDT
[#2]
I went ahead and grabbed both LotF and BG3 yesterday. Going to sit down with some coffee and start BG3 right now. The character creation options are crazy.  Going to try a wood elf Paladin I think.  Appreciate the info
Link Posted: 2/26/2024 10:11:14 PM EDT
[#3]
BG4 is way better than DOS2. As pointed out.  Bosses have lots of ways to be defeated.  Plus the story and animations are way better in BG3
Link Posted: 2/27/2024 2:25:29 AM EDT
[#4]
I would post the video but there would be too many spoilers. Just the other day someone posted a video they completed the entire game without killing anything personally. Same guy had a video he finished the game with a custom made mod to only roll 1 every time. So no saving throws and no hit/dmg bonuses. It was odd but watching both I learned a lot about the game. Like he said, tactics over randomness.
Link Posted: 2/28/2024 4:33:58 PM EDT
[#5]
Been trying to play as much as I can since I bought it over the weekend. Damn what a great game.   Definitely an improvement over DoS2.  As an old DnD player from the 80s I love the dice rolling part of the game.

I will say the icons for spells and abilities is different. Almost seem a little vanilla buts fine.

Started as a Wood Elf Barbarian but I’m wondering if I should have gone with a fighter as my first play through but that will just force me to play again lol. I do have the ability now to change classes but I’m only level 3 so I’m going to stick with barbarian for a while.

Just cleared out the goblin camp and am looking for the camp to clear the parasite yet. Game does a great job, in my opinion, of getting you so involved you lose track of time.

Weapons and armor are super scarce right now but I figured it was due to my low level and I’m sure it’s still the beginning of the game.  

I can understand the 10/10 scores it received.  Great game

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top