BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/17/2024 3:00:57 AM EDT
What's the current top-of-the-line?

Needs to fit in a big nightstand.

Tried searching.
Link Posted: 3/17/2024 10:29:16 AM EDT
[#1]
Fort Knox works well.  About three bills…
Link Posted: 3/17/2024 10:54:15 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 3/20/2024 12:47:15 PM EDT
[#3]
Just those two?
Link Posted: 3/20/2024 12:48:23 PM EDT
[#4]
I just bought a Vaultek that seems well built.  Not cheap.
Link Posted: 3/20/2024 1:00:41 PM EDT
[#5]
Vaultek - bought a couple through deal have with Costco online. Very sturdy and number keys work well - did not mess with biometrics as I've never had luck with finger printer readers consistency.
Link Posted: 3/20/2024 1:10:02 PM EDT
[#6]
FAS1, Vline, Ft Knox - all are thick steel simplex lock boxes.
Link Posted: 3/20/2024 1:12:42 PM EDT
[#7]
I got one of the Hornady ones but I wouldnt call it top of the line

Works great though. RFID access. Normal albeit digital keypad for entry if you are sans RFID

Got the RFID chip on the back of my phone and the wife keeps one on her watch

Link Posted: 3/20/2024 1:48:46 PM EDT
[#8]
Depends if children are ever going to be around it. If so, don't do RFID. Too easy to open if they got their hands on the thingy. Biometric Vaultek are good. I'm playing around with a Stop box. No electronics, impossible for a small child to open, but once they are grown enough, it won't be safe enough.
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 8:47:10 AM EDT
[#9]
Not RFID,
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 8:54:53 AM EDT
[#10]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Depends if children are ever going to be around it. If so, don't do RFID. Too easy to open if they got their hands on the thingy. Biometric Vaultek are good. I'm playing around with a Stop box. No electronics, impossible for a small child to open, but once they are grown enough, it won't be safe enough.
View Quote

Same could be said for anything: "combo safes are too easy to open if you leave the code out and kids find it" or "safes with a backup key are too easy for kids to open if they got their hands on the key". That's all rfid is: electronic keys. Don't leave them lying around.
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 9:01:03 AM EDT
[#11]
His:
Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Hers:
Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Just got them last weekend. I’m very impressed.
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 9:08:47 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
What's the current top-of-the-line?

Needs to fit in a big nightstand.

Tried searching.
View Quote

Make sure you get some training on how to nicely ask the pos that breaks into your house to wait patiently while you unlock the safe to retrieve your firearm to defend yourself with.
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 9:15:32 AM EDT
[#13]
[1463] Better Than Most: Vaultek VS20 Gun Safe
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 9:29:55 AM EDT
[#14]
StopBox Pro, StopBoxUSA. no electronics, no batteries.
https://stopboxusa.com/

It’s not a safe (won’t stop a determined thief), but it’s perfect to keep kids hands off pistols. I have 3 kids and they can’t get into mine. Not sure if one will hold 2 pistols though.Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

That’s P365XL with a Holosun 507K in a Black Arch Protos M and a pretty chonky ZT350.

Attachment Attached File

This closes with a P365XL and a Dan Wesson DWX full size (4.95” barrel, pretty good sized handgun), but no mag in my P365XL. If I used a flush fit mag or I didn’t have an optic,
It wouldn’t be an issue.
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 9:51:31 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Make sure you get some training on how to nicely ask the pos that breaks into your house to wait patiently while you unlock the safe to retrieve your firearm to defend yourself with.
View Quote

What’s more likely: somebody breaking into your home and you not being able to take literally one (1) second to put your finger on a biometric reader to get your gun, or a curious 3 year old getting his hands on the gun laying on top of your nightstand?

I’ll let you puzzle that one out.
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 1:56:36 PM EDT
[#16]
A medium or larger-sized dog earns you back a couple of those seconds.
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 2:14:21 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
View Quote

. . . N E A T . . .
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 8:12:13 PM EDT
[#18]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top