Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 4
Posted: 5/1/2024 9:39:44 AM EDT
Without fail EVERY SINGLE FUCKING DAY, I have to fix peoples addresses because they can't enter their own fucking address when they buy stuff from my website.  

These stupid fuckers will put "Washington street, 3rd house on the left with the red door"

They seem to think that I personally drive to their house to hand deliver their orders.

Our address verification software catches probably 98% of the stupid fucks but some are so damn bad that even the software throws its hands in the air.

TLDR: people are retarded
Link Posted: 5/1/2024 9:40:43 AM EDT
[#1]
It's going to get worse.
Link Posted: 5/1/2024 9:43:19 AM EDT
[#2]
I work in manufacturing.  I’ve encountered people so dumb I don’t know how they manage to tie their shoelaces.  

Its like that aptitude test in Idiocracy were adults can’t figure out fitting blocks in holes.
Link Posted: 5/1/2024 9:44:29 AM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By STL_Nik:
These stupid fuckers will put "Washington street, 3rd house on the left with the red door
View Quote

This is a joke, right? RIGHT?!?
Link Posted: 5/1/2024 9:45:06 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By jhoyda1:

View Quote

unfortunately not
Link Posted: 5/1/2024 9:50:20 AM EDT
[#5]
Still no examples of how dumb I think the masses are.

A coworker used to say "think of how dumb the average person is. Now remember that more than half are dumber that that."
Link Posted: 5/1/2024 9:51:34 AM EDT
[#6]
Without fail EVERY SINGLE FUCKING DAY, I have to fix peoples addresses because they can't enter their own fucking address when they buy stuff from my website.  

These stupid fuckers will put "Washington street, 3rd house on the left with the red door"

They seem to think that I personally drive to their house to hand deliver their orders.

Our address verification software catches probably 98% of the stupid fucks but some are so damn bad that even the software throws its hands in the air.

TLDR: people are retarded
View Quote

I've seen stuff like that before selling on Amazon.
Link Posted: 5/1/2024 9:53:20 AM EDT
[#7]
What do you sell?
Link Posted: 5/1/2024 9:54:02 AM EDT
[#8]
I quit being surprised at how stupid people can be decades ago.
Link Posted: 5/1/2024 9:54:55 AM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By Deerhurst:

A coworker used to say "think of how dumb the average person is. Now remember that more than half are dumber that that."
View Quote

Did you work with George Carlin?
Link Posted: 5/1/2024 9:55:07 AM EDT
[#10]
If I dont put 3rd house on the left with the red door I wont get it though
Link Posted: 5/1/2024 9:55:19 AM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By JimEb:
I work in manufacturing.  I've encountered people so dumb I don't know how they manage to tie their shoelaces.  

Its like that aptitude test in Idiocracy were adults can't figure out fitting blocks in holes.
View Quote

Link Posted: 5/1/2024 9:56:14 AM EDT
[Last Edit: STL_Nik] [#12]
Originally Posted By Agilt:
What do you sell?
View Quote

bougie horse stuff for rich white girls.
Link Posted: 5/1/2024 9:56:23 AM EDT
[#13]
I work in manufacturing.  I’ve encountered people so dumb I don’t know how they manage to tie their shoelaces.  

Its like that aptitude test in Idiocracy were adults can’t figure out fitting blocks in holes.
View Quote

Same. And idiocracy doesn’t discriminate. My manager swore up and down it is standard practice for him to keep spare copies of everyone’s LOTO locks. I fought with him for weeks on this issue and the ehs dept “had to look into it”. I told him I’m not fixing shit until I know I’m the only person who has access to my own key and there are no duplicates. Needless to say we were issued brand new packaged locks with no duplicates. People are dumb.
Link Posted: 5/1/2024 9:57:00 AM EDT
[#14]

unfortunately not
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By jhoyda1:

unfortunately not
My wife "hates" amazon so she constantly orders shit that she doesn't realize is coming from all sorts of shitholes directly. She got some POS clothing from Paikistan a couple months ago and that is how the return address was put in. like ROAD 35, 2ND GRAVEL STREET, 4TH BOX SHANTY ON THE LEFT JUST PAST THE CURVE.
Link Posted: 5/1/2024 10:01:13 AM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By Deerhurst:  A coworker used to say "think of how dumb the average person is. Now remember that more than half are dumber that that."
View Quote

Link Posted: 5/1/2024 10:03:03 AM EDT
[#16]

View Quote

That movie foretold our future
Link Posted: 5/1/2024 10:05:08 AM EDT
[#17]
That would be virtually impossible.
Link Posted: 5/1/2024 10:05:46 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Number_Six] [#18]

View Quote

Maybe you should get a better software package that provides a polite verification message such as the one used at Walmart.
Example, enter
"run 3rd house on left" as adddress
automated response
"We couldn't verify your address, which could lead to delivery delays or lost packages. Do you want to edit this address?

"Memphis Tennessee" --- Information help me please
Johnny Rivers "Memphis Tennessee"

Link Posted: 5/1/2024 10:06:59 AM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 5/1/2024 10:07:16 AM EDT
[#20]

View All Quotes
What do you sell?

Link Posted: 5/1/2024 10:07:50 AM EDT
[#21]

View Quote

That's a George Carlin quote.  I came here to post it.
Link Posted: 5/1/2024 10:09:26 AM EDT
[#22]

View All Quotes
What do you sell?

Hmmm… crazy AND dumb? Wow…

Would’ve thought the ones who can afford stuff like that would be a bit more intelligent. That’s what I get for assuming.
Link Posted: 5/1/2024 10:09:58 AM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 5/1/2024 10:10:18 AM EDT
[#24]

View Quote

Riding crops for the 50 shades of gray crowd….

COPY THAT!

Link Posted: 5/1/2024 10:11:41 AM EDT
[#25]
After having worked a level 1 trauma center for a decade, I can say that people are exactly as dumb as I think, and it never ceases to amaze me that humans have survived as a species.
Link Posted: 5/1/2024 10:13:01 AM EDT
[#26]
Dudes, chill out.....................

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/1/2024 10:14:26 AM EDT
[#27]
Ohh OP you have no idea.

Without giving away too much info, i'm working in an engineering-dominated field.  Engineers have to submit documentation to me and essentially I have to "grade" it and approve or reject their submission.  If rejected they get a list of required revisions.

The documentation they have to give me is ridiculously simple. There are gobs of information and tutorials on how to do this properly. The state has even gone so far as to create fill-in-the-blank templates that say exactly what should be required.

The amount of idiotic engineers I encounter on a daily basis is astounding.  After 10 years of doing this shit I don't even like to drive across bridges anymore because I wonder if it was built by a good engineer or a slack-jawed moron.  It's bad out there and honestly getting worse.
Link Posted: 5/1/2024 10:14:49 AM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 5/1/2024 10:16:58 AM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 5/1/2024 10:19:56 AM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 5/1/2024 10:21:38 AM EDT
[#31]

View Quote

Link Posted: 5/1/2024 10:26:57 AM EDT
[#32]
Stupid is winning, that’s for sure.

And they’re at full fucking throttle with no signs of stopping.
Link Posted: 5/1/2024 10:28:32 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Nickel_Plated] [#33]
Originally Posted By Pantexan:
Originally Posted By Deerhurst:  A coworker used to say "think of how dumb the average person is. Now remember that more than half are dumber that that."
https://i2.wp.com/politicallyincorrecthumor.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/06/think-about-how-stupid-average-person-is-george-carlin.jpg?resize=500%2C375&ssl=1

The ironic thing about using that quote to point out how stupid other people are is that's not how averages work.

I suspect there are waaay more people of below average intelligence than there are above.
Link Posted: 5/1/2024 10:29:27 AM EDT
[#34]
If they're dumber than I think they are, they won't survive the next power outage.
Link Posted: 5/1/2024 10:29:40 AM EDT
[Last Edit: CastleBravo91] [#35]
Originally Posted By Kuraki:
It's going to get worse.
View Quote

This. In 20 years, when you have multiple generations of products of bad parenting and the modern educational system become players in the game of life, you will truly know what Idiocracy means.

Always save 1 bullet, for yourself. You might need it one day.
Link Posted: 5/1/2024 10:30:52 AM EDT
[#36]
God forbid a traffic light goes out or something like that. People will just go numb and sit there wondering what to do.
Link Posted: 5/1/2024 10:32:26 AM EDT
[#37]
It's going to get worse.
View Quote

Too many warning labels.  Darwin doesn't have a chance these days.

We need more Lawn Darts.
Link Posted: 5/1/2024 10:33:56 AM EDT
[#38]
If you only fix their online mistakes and don't have to talk to them on the phone, be thankful.
Link Posted: 5/1/2024 10:34:38 AM EDT
[#39]
I've met grown adults that didn't know their own address or phone number, and that was a decade ago.
Link Posted: 5/1/2024 10:35:41 AM EDT
[#40]
Originally Posted By amos-moses:
Ohh OP you have no idea.

Without giving away too much info, i'm working in an engineering-dominated field.  Engineers have to submit documentation to me and essentially I have to "grade" it and approve or reject their submission.  If rejected they get a list of required revisions.

The documentation they have to give me is ridiculously simple. There are gobs of information and tutorials on how to do this properly. The state has even gone so far as to create fill-in-the-blank templates that say exactly what should be required.

The amount of idiotic engineers I encounter on a daily basis is astounding.  After 10 years of doing this shit I don't even like to drive across bridges anymore because I wonder if it was built by a good engineer or a slack-jawed moron.  It's bad out there and honestly getting worse.
View Quote

How TF is that kind of stuff not a prerequisite for graduating in the field?
Link Posted: 5/1/2024 10:36:25 AM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 5/1/2024 10:36:46 AM EDT
[#42]
It's going to get worse.
View Quote

This...
Link Posted: 5/1/2024 10:43:10 AM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 5/1/2024 10:44:13 AM EDT
[#44]
Originally Posted By bluemax_1:

How TF is that kind of stuff not a prerequisite for graduating in the field?
View Quote

Diversity graduates and perpetuating memorization over critical thinking is my guess.
Link Posted: 5/1/2024 10:45:58 AM EDT
[#45]
i deal with the public daily and lots of general contractors.

its gotten significantly worse in the past 20yrs.

Link Posted: 5/1/2024 10:46:30 AM EDT
[#46]
All  you have to do is watch the last segment of Jesse Watters [wo]man on the street interviews.
Link Posted: 5/1/2024 10:48:11 AM EDT
[#47]
Depending on the address verification software I have said "fuck it" and ordered from different vendors. Some of them will not verify my address as correct.
Link Posted: 5/1/2024 10:48:38 AM EDT
[#48]
What do you sell?
View Quote

Stuff that stupid people buy
Link Posted: 5/1/2024 10:50:21 AM EDT
[#49]
When I worked at a local pizza place, one of our favorite pastimes was "you dumbest calls"

One of our managers recounted one call where the dude had no idea what he wanted and he had to repeat the entire menus several times to get his order from him.

Asked if this was pickup or delivery.

"Delivery."

"OK, what's your address?"

"I don't even know."

"We need an address to deliver to you...."

"I don't even know."

He finally either got an address or a good enough of a description to get a driver to him and completed the order.

This had to be at least 30 years ago.
Link Posted: 5/1/2024 10:52:34 AM EDT
[#50]
Originally Posted By amos-moses:
Ohh OP you have no idea.

View Quote

This mirrors my experience almost exactly.

Makes you wonder how the morons got into the big leagues.

Nepotism plays a role, for sure.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top