User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/26/2024 11:45:39 AM EDT
[Last Edit: DragoMuseveni]
Who's playing?
Who's hating?

Link Posted: 1/26/2024 12:09:44 PM EDT
[#1]
Playing it. Enjoying it quite a bit so far.  Only level 14 or so and pausing for season 3 of D4.  It's nice to be able to walk around and not have everything trying to kill you.

The building part of the game has some issues and could learn a lot from Valheim.  But it works well enough for an early access game.  I do like that you can climb anything and are only held back by the amount of stamina you have.

Going to try and learn the egg incubation and breeding part of the game as there are ways to make rare creatures that way.
Link Posted: 1/26/2024 12:49:23 PM EDT
[Last Edit: DragoMuseveni] [#2]
If you haven't found out already, wood structures catch fire and the fire spreads. Don't go shooting fire arrows at intruders or waving around a hand torch.
Stone doesn't catch fire so upgrade to that quick if you have raids enabled. I turned those off for the time being, because I got hit with one where the mobs were twice my level, completely destroyed my base and then as I was cleaning up the mess I got hit with another.
Link Posted: 1/26/2024 1:55:10 PM EDT
[#3]
I do have raids turned on and the first was some thugs who I easily dealt with.  Then later was a pair of Relaxasaurs or whatever they were.  They wrecked the joint but did die.  They also set my farm on fire and I could not for the life of me figure out how to put it out.  Not to mention I kept catching fire.  I finally realized those little elephant things shoot water and released one into the camp and he put the fires out most ricky tick.
Link Posted: 1/26/2024 4:24:32 PM EDT
[#4]
I watched a few minutes of someone playing it on twitch, it looks like rust in cartoon form.
Link Posted: 1/28/2024 4:01:09 AM EDT
[#5]
I am loving it so far. Totally not my normal game type but whatever. Lots of fun….when it works. Multiplayer is broken AF. Probably 80% of the time friends can’t join my map and same with me trying to join theirs.
Link Posted: 1/28/2024 4:01:27 AM EDT
[#6]
I am loving it so far. Totally not my normal game type but whatever. Lots of fun….when it works. Multiplayer is broken AF. Probably 80% of the time friends can’t join my map and same with me trying to join theirs.
Link Posted: 1/28/2024 6:39:50 AM EDT
[#7]
I was never into Pokemon but I picked this up since everyone seems to be playing it.

5 hours later I've decided it's pretty fun
Link Posted: 1/28/2024 4:27:35 PM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By ak4784:
I am loving it so far. Totally not my normal game type but whatever. Lots of fun .when it works. Multiplayer is broken AF. Probably 80% of the time friends can't join my map and same with me trying to join theirs.
View Quote
I've been playing for the past few days.  I've had no problems joining my friend's server via an invite code.
Link Posted: 1/28/2024 6:20:10 PM EDT
[#9]
Its fun for what it is.

I have 2 of the gym leaders and pals as my own now... lol yes you can capture them.

I also caught 2 random terrorists when they attacked my base.... now they are slave labor
Link Posted: 1/28/2024 6:32:46 PM EDT
[#10]
I will say that difficulty jumps are absurd. Like... running around catching my pokymans, and the game says to challenge the local syndicate guy, and it has 30k health while I'm doing like 50 damage per hit while it one shots me

I don't like reading guides before games like this though, sooo...
Link Posted: 1/28/2024 6:37:28 PM EDT
[#11]
My son became instantly obsessed with Palworld. I enjoy it.
Link Posted: 1/29/2024 11:00:46 AM EDT
[#12]
Hah finally broke down and made the saddle for my Nightwing.  Let me say it was a game changer!

I cannot believe I was gimping myself this badly letting the creatures fight along side me.  Fighting while riding the Nightwing was like powerleveling.  Went from 24 to 31 in no time at all because I was able to just destroy mobs.  That grass attack that goes THROUGH mobs is awesome.  Get a bunch of Lamballs lined up and one shot kills them all.  

Anything low level that does not die in one shot gets tamed. It does make taming higher level creatures easier and more difficult at the same time.  The Nightwings damage is too much sometimes and you have to dismount to get the creature low enough to tame.

Get at least one Vixby for your farm for an unlimited amount of arrows and palballs.  Also hatch eggs as soon as you can because they can give you some amazing pals for your base.  Got a Loupmoon from an egg and that thing is absolutely amazing at crafting.
Link Posted: 1/29/2024 1:30:09 PM EDT
[#13]
Is it fun solo?

My gaming friends are fairly worthless these days.
Link Posted: 1/29/2024 3:32:46 PM EDT
[#14]
For optimized farming you should get a Broncherry(Level 3 planting) and a Blue Broncherry(Level 3 Watering)

Broncherrys are easy enough to tame. You can get the blue version through breeding.

Click To View Spoiler

Link Posted: 1/30/2024 10:46:47 AM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By SturmgeschutzIII:
Is it fun solo?

My gaming friends are fairly worthless these days.
View Quote

Quite fun as a solo player.  Plenty to do from exploring the map, combat, dungeon delving, boss fights, capturing pals, capturing unique pals, building a base, farming, breeding.  I could go on but there always seems like something to do.
Link Posted: 2/1/2024 1:24:40 PM EDT
[#16]
Patch this morning.

Link Posted: 2/1/2024 4:39:13 PM EDT
[#17]
・Specifications have been changed so that you can move at extremely low speed even when you have exceeded the weight limit.
View Quote

About frickin time.
Link Posted: 2/4/2024 8:32:34 PM EDT
[Last Edit: TheTallest] [#18]
I built my first base at the first fast travel spot. I've been regretting it. But I spent way too much time building stuff. I don't have "multiplayer" turned on because I don't want my base wrecked when I'm not there; I'm assuming other players can raid your base when you aren't there. I do have raids on though. Managed to catch one of those weird humans with the glowing eyes and some weird turkey thing that attacked my base.

Speaking of my base. My house is huge but completely empty. I need to wreck it and build a smaller one.

How the hell do you actually fast travel in this game? I've unlocked a few fast travel statues and can't figure out how to fast travel.
Link Posted: 2/4/2024 8:45:16 PM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By TheTallest:
I built my first base at the first fast travel spot. I've been regretting it. But I spent way too much time building stuff. I don't have "multiplayer" turned on because I don't want my base wrecked when I'm not there; I'm assuming other players can raid your base when you aren't there. I do have raids on though. Managed to catch one of those weird humans with the glowing eyes and some weird turkey thing that attacked my base.

Speaking of my base. My house is huge but completely empty. I need to wreck it and build a smaller one.

How the hell do you actually fast travel in this game? I've unlocked a few fast travel statues and can't figure out how to fast travel.
View Quote
Go up to one of those statues and press the prompt button, brings up the map and you can select other towers you've unlocked to travel to.

You can also do it from the Pal Box at your base, there's a prompt when you're near it.

As you level up the base mechanic you'll access the ability to make more bases, and FT between them to transfer resources and all that.
Link Posted: 2/4/2024 8:47:06 PM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By D_Man:
Go up to one of those statues and press the prompt button, brings up the map and you can select other towers you've unlocked to travel to.

You can also do it from the Pal Box at your base, there's a prompt when you're near it.

As you level up the base mechanic you'll access the ability to make more bases, and FT between them to transfer resources and all that.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By D_Man:
Originally Posted By TheTallest:

I keep opening the map to do it like all the games ever made.
Link Posted: 2/7/2024 10:00:37 AM EDT
[Last Edit: DragoMuseveni] [#21]
Effective Immediately:
While in Base all Rocket launchers will be stored, UNLOADED in designated weapon storage containers. Rockets are to be stored separately from launchers
When leaving/entering base, rocket launches will be stored in an appropriate travel bag, unloaded.
At no time will the open carry of Rocket Launchers, loaded or unloaded will be permitted in base.
The Discharge of Rocket launchers in base, for any reason, is strictly prohibited.

Amendment 1:
The Above shall also apply to Fire Bows/Fire Crossbows while in areas with flammable structures.
Link Posted: 2/8/2024 6:56:54 AM EDT
[#22]
Originally Posted By DragoMuseveni:
Effective Immediately:
While in Base all Rocket launchers will be stored, UNLOADED in designated weapon storage containers. Rockets are to be stored separately from launchers
When leaving/entering base, rocket launches will be stored in an appropriate travel bag, unloaded.
At no time will the open carry of Rocket Launchers, loaded or unloaded will be permitted in base.
The Discharge of Rocket launchers in base, for any reason, is strictly prohibited.

Amendment 1:
The Above shall also apply to Fire Bows/Fire Crossbows while in areas with flammable structures.
View Quote
Link Posted: 2/13/2024 11:43:09 PM EDT
[#23]
Honest Game Trailers | Palworld

Link Posted: 2/14/2024 12:16:26 AM EDT
[Last Edit: kill-9] [#24]
Link Posted: 2/14/2024 8:17:56 AM EDT
[#25]
Originally Posted By kill-9:
View Quote

Link Posted: 2/14/2024 10:48:01 AM EDT
[#26]
Finally got one of the suicide Beegarde caught.  Then caught two more soon after.  That was the last piece I needed to get the cake factory going.  So now I am breeding pals.  First thing I did was make a half dozen Anubis. Anubi? Anubises?  Whatever, I now have 6 of them.  Now, I'm trying to breed the perfect stats into them to make them crafting machines.  Next will be Rayhounds so I can take on Jormuntide.
Link Posted: 2/14/2024 11:05:44 AM EDT
[#27]
Originally Posted By svt40:
Finally got one of the suicide Beegarde caught.  Then caught two more soon after.  That was the last piece I needed to get the cake factory going.  So now I am breeding pals.  First thing I did was make a half dozen Anubis. Anubi? Anubises?  Whatever, I now have 6 of them.  Now, I'm trying to breed the perfect stats into them to make them crafting machines.  Next will be Rayhounds so I can take on Jormuntide.
View Quote
There's a breeding calculator at  https://palworld.gg/breeding-calculator
Lots of different combinations to get an Anubis
Link Posted: 2/14/2024 11:16:39 AM EDT
[#28]
Really?  I finished Farcry6, got bored with AC Valhalla, done BG3 and Starfield, so I figured I’d give it a go. I’ve wasted enough time to get to 25. There’s nothing really interesting about the game so far. I even put it down to find the original Railroad Tycoon online for a day or two. Just downloaded RE2 and 3 remakes. 2 is terrible. Zombies won’t die. Knife breaks easily too.

Anyway, not seeing the fun in Palworld. It’s not horrible, but I keep asking myself, “why are you playing this?”
Link Posted: 2/14/2024 12:38:46 PM EDT
[#29]
Originally Posted By BuddyChryst:
Really?  I finished Farcry6, got bored with AC Valhalla, done BG3 and Starfield, so I figured I'd give it a go. I've wasted enough time to get to 25. There's nothing really interesting about the game so far. I even put it down to find the original Railroad Tycoon online for a day or two. Just downloaded RE2 and 3 remakes. 2 is terrible. Zombies won't die. Knife breaks easily too.

Anyway, not seeing the fun in Palworld. It's not horrible, but I keep asking myself, "why are you playing this?"
View Quote
Do/did you enjoy Minecraft?  If not, then Palworld probably isn't for you.
Link Posted: 2/14/2024 1:45:05 PM EDT
[#30]
There's a breeding calculator at  https://palworld.gg/breeding-calculator
Lots of different combinations to get an Anubis
View Quote

Yea I went through all the combos and only had 2 or 3 of them and only 1 of them had OK stats. Celaray + Relaxsaurus.  But my Relaxasaur is exactly that, a lazy SOB. So all my Anubi have good combat stats but noda for crafting.  I even went out and caught about 35 more Celarays to try and find some good work stats but got nada so far.  So my plan is to try and breed some other creatures in an attempt to get a different Anubis breeding combo for work rated Anubi.

Just need to get a bunch of cake made first as it is soo slow to make with kindling 2 pals.  Gotta find or breed me some kindling 3 or 4 pals.
Link Posted: 2/16/2024 7:28:33 PM EDT
[#31]
I'm running a palworld server for my discord group.  Only a few have bought it so far, but currently taking a break to play helldivers2.
Link Posted: 2/17/2024 7:03:02 PM EDT
[#32]
I downloaded it last night, got to level 7 today. pretty fun. I'll play for a while longer then maybe I'll try to play with you guys, if any of you want to.
Link Posted: 2/21/2024 9:29:17 AM EDT
[#33]
Jetdragon with swift is travel game changing.

Zoom Zoom

Link Posted: 2/28/2024 9:41:35 AM EDT
[#34]

Zoom Zoom

View Quote
What are you doing now that you're at the endgame?
Link Posted: 2/28/2024 6:45:06 PM EDT
[#35]
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

Zoom Zoom

Exploring the reset of the map,finishing off the other boss pals, and collecting Liftmonk effigies.

And breeding experiments. Hatched a Jetdragon with Legend, swift, and runner the other day. It maybe a little too fast.
Link Posted: 3/2/2024 8:09:38 AM EDT
[#36]
Jetdragon with swift
View Quote

Trying to breed for this now.  So much cake...
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top