Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/29/2024 8:55:09 AM EDT
Have some questions about aftermarket grip modules for the P365 and wasn't getting any info in another thread somewhat related so I wanted to throw it out to the hive on it's own.

I'm going to be testing both a Hellcat and a P365 at a local range in the next week.  I'm 100% buying whichever I shoot better.  However, if I buy the P365 I might buy an aftermarket grip module for it.  But here are my questions/concerns:

1.  Are there any reliability issues that have been seen when switching to certain aftermarket grip modules?  If so, what??

2.  Which modules will give me a standard rail vs. Sig's proprietary rail?

3.  I'll need a kydex pocket holster.  I always get AHolster but Alabama Holsters seem like a close 2nd option.....I'm wondering if switching to an aftermarket grip module will result in issues with holsters not fitting?

4.  What are some more economical options (vs. the $400 aluminum options!) that will....be reliable, give me a standard rail, and fit in a P365 kydex pocket holster?

Please share your experience.

Thanks!
Link Posted: 3/29/2024 9:00:56 AM EDT
[#1]
I went with the Wilson module and love it. Standard rail and fit previous holsters fine.
Link Posted: 3/29/2024 9:04:44 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Bravo_Six] [#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By bowhuntr09:
I went with the Wilson module and love it. Standard rail and fit previous holsters fine.
View Quote

I also did a Wilson on my XL.  It was an improvement, but ultimately it did not fix the issues that I had with the 365 design.  I ended up cutting my losses and replacing it with a Shield Plus.

ETA: The WC frame fit standard holsters for me, as well.
Link Posted: 3/29/2024 9:17:00 AM EDT
[#3]
Standard 365 with the wilson grip here, much easier to get a good grip on.

Where in pa are you, I am 30 mins south of gettysburg and shoot in littlestown if you want to try it out.
Link Posted: 3/29/2024 9:26:54 AM EDT
[#4]
View Quote

Link Posted: 3/29/2024 9:28:37 AM EDT
[#5]
Icarus grips are amaaaaazing
Link Posted: 3/29/2024 9:30:42 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 3/29/2024 9:31:59 AM EDT
[#7]
Wilson Combat grip  module is the shit for the P365.  I love it.
Link Posted: 3/29/2024 9:34:57 AM EDT
[#8]
Just don’t say “Wilson” to the guy at the counter……
Link Posted: 3/29/2024 9:43:10 AM EDT
[#9]
I went with the Icarus precision Evo and couldn’t be happier. It looks a little modern but it fits like an absolute glove. Finding holsters was mildly more difficult but there are top tier holster makers that mold for the Icarus so it worked out great.
Link Posted: 3/29/2024 9:57:46 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Amped] [#10]
I have two Wilson’s on my 365s and I like them. I would like to shoot a Icarus module and see if it’s worth it

ETA: most grips like the Wilson carry like shit
If you appendix carry aka the grip texture chafes on your stomach unless you rock an undershirt. Nevertheless I still do it and enjoy the Wilson for its grip
Link Posted: 3/29/2024 10:19:42 AM EDT
[Last Edit: McKenna10] [#11]
You mentioned a kydex pocket holster.  I tried one.  Didnt like it.  Too many times it came out of the pocket with the gun even though I was trying to catch the hook.  Maybe I should have practiced more.

I ended up with a Sticky Holster instead.  More comfortable. 100% stays in my pocket in the draw.  Still gives good, safe trigger coverage.

Edit: and still breaks up printing quite a bit too.
Link Posted: 3/29/2024 11:04:00 AM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By McKenna10:
You mentioned a kydex pocket holster.  I tried one.  Didnt like it.  Too many times it came out of the pocket with the gun even though I was trying to catch the hook.  Maybe I should have practiced more.

I ended up with a Sticky Holster instead.  More comfortable. 100% stays in my pocket in the draw.  Still gives good, safe trigger coverage.

Edit: and still breaks up printing quite a bit too.
View Quote

I ordered 4 different pocket holsters on Amazon yesterday that will be here tomorrow.  1-2 are Sticky so we'll see how it works.  I've been using AHolsters (not Alabama) for the past 10-15yrs.  Started with G26, then LCP, and now LCP2.  Can't rave about them enough.  THAT is the direction I would go once I land on which gun I'm getting.

Thanks!
Link Posted: 3/29/2024 11:06:19 AM EDT
[#13]
View Quote
FPNI. I went with an X-length Wilson grip on my standard P365.
Link Posted: 3/29/2024 11:09:36 AM EDT
[#14]
Wilson
Link Posted: 3/29/2024 11:25:09 AM EDT
[#15]
Wilson Combat with the Kung-Fu grip!
Link Posted: 3/29/2024 11:28:59 AM EDT
[#16]
Wilson Combat grip module is awesome.

More power to you guys that can pocket carry a P365 though.
Link Posted: 3/29/2024 11:29:03 AM EDT
[#17]
Anyone have the Wilson Combat 365xl grip frames on sale? Looks like $65 everywhere.
Link Posted: 3/29/2024 2:57:43 PM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By crusaderf8u:
Just don’t say “Wilson” to the guy at the counter……
View Quote

What counter and why??
Link Posted: 3/29/2024 2:59:13 PM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By doty_soty:
I went with the Icarus precision Evo and couldn’t be happier. It looks a little modern but it fits like an absolute glove. Finding holsters was mildly more difficult but there are top tier holster makers that mold for the Icarus so it worked out great.
View Quote

Those are only XL models.  Help me understand why that grip module is worth as much as the entire gun to you.

Thanks!
Link Posted: 3/29/2024 3:00:19 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 11boomboom] [#20]
Originally Posted By Amped:
I have two Wilson’s on my 365s and I like them. I would like to shoot a Icarus module and see if it’s worth it

If you appendix carry aka the grip texture chafes on your stomach unless you rock an undershirt. Nevertheless I still do it and enjoy the Wilson for its grip
View Quote

I've shot AXG P365s and they're awesome. Feels like shooting a G17(recoil impulse). I would assume it's similar to the aluminum grip modules from Icarus.
Link Posted: 3/29/2024 3:02:09 PM EDT
[#21]
I have a 365 and 365 XL, both with Wilson Combat grip modules.  No issues with reliability, and they fit JM Custom Kydex holsters without issue.  I have an A-Holster pocket Kydex holster for my 365, and also no issues with the WC grip.

I can’t say anything about a rail as I don’t use WMLs on subcompact pistols.
Link Posted: 3/29/2024 3:05:24 PM EDT
[#22]
Originally Posted By AeroEngineer:
I have a 365 and 365 XL, both with Wilson Combat grip modules.  No issues with reliability, and they fit JM Custom Kydex holsters without issue.  I have an A-Holster pocket Kydex holster for my 365, and also no issues with the WC grip.

View Quote

Just to clarify....you have n AHolster NOT an Alabama Holster....right?  

I'm on the fence about WML for a pocket gun.  I've had lasers but never a light.  If it's small enough and maybe even helps it break up the print I'd try it.  But otherwise I'll save WML for hip carry and HD.  

Thanks!
Link Posted: 3/29/2024 3:05:49 PM EDT
[#23]

View Quote

I took some high grit sandpaper and reduced the texture on the left side of my Wilson Combat grips (I’m RH, so that’s the side that lies against my skin).

It’s now extremely comfortable to carry and there’s no functional difference in my grip.
Link Posted: 3/29/2024 3:06:15 PM EDT
[#24]
Attachment Attached File

Wilson on my wife’s P365x. She loves it. You can add tungsten weights to the grip for recoil reduction if you want.
Link Posted: 3/29/2024 3:06:49 PM EDT
[#25]
Originally Posted By Emt1581:

I'm on the fence about WML for a pocket gun.  I've had lasers but never a light.  If it's small enough and maybe even helps it break up the print I'd try it.  But otherwise I'll save WML for hip carry and HD.  

Thanks!
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

Thanks!

Correct, AHolster not Alabama.
Link Posted: 3/29/2024 3:08:34 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Emt1581] [#26]
Originally Posted By VoxLibertatis:
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/241846/IMG_6714_jpeg-3172860.JPG

Wilson on my wife’s P365x. She loves it. You can add tungsten weights to the grip for recoil reduction if you want.
View Quote

Really hope it's not snappy enough that it NEEDS weights.  But now you have me curious....where/how do you buy and attach tungsten weights in this module??

Thanks!

EDIT:  What light and sight is that?
Link Posted: 3/29/2024 3:09:16 PM EDT
[#27]

Correct, AHolster not Alabama.
View Quote

Ok, great, thanks!!
Link Posted: 3/29/2024 3:13:46 PM EDT
[#28]

Really hope it's not snappy enough that it NEEDS weights.  But now you have me curious....where/how do you buy and attach tungsten weights in this module??

Thanks!

View Quote

If it's anything like my Wilson module for the P320, there's tungsten rods you can insert into these round pockets to increase weight.
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/29/2024 3:14:52 PM EDT
[#29]
I have the Wilson combat module on my 365x and it has been perfectly reliable and comfortable
Link Posted: 3/29/2024 3:16:54 PM EDT
[#30]
I have two Wilson's on my 365s and I like them. I would like to shoot a Icarus module and see if it's worth it

View Quote
This is true but it is still more comfortable that the factory grip shredding my belly skin.
Link Posted: 3/29/2024 3:19:55 PM EDT
[#31]

Thanks!

View Quote
I don't have the weights and I find the recoil quite manageable.   Wilson sells the weights and there is a cavity for them in the grip
Link Posted: 3/29/2024 3:20:47 PM EDT
[#32]
The Wilson on my P365x is very nice. Much better stippling and a slight bit thicker. So much easier to shoot.

Link Posted: 3/29/2024 3:21:30 PM EDT
[#33]
As others have said, Wilson Combat. I have the XL grip module on a standard P365 slide with RMRcc. It’s the bee’s knees.
Link Posted: 3/29/2024 3:24:58 PM EDT
[Last Edit: recoiljunky] [#34]
I’ve got an Icarus and like it a lot.

Standard rail, no issues, a little harder to find a holster.
Link Posted: 3/29/2024 3:33:53 PM EDT
[#35]
Originally Posted By 11boomboom:

If it's anything like my Wilson module for the P320, there's tungsten rods you can insert into these round pockets to increase weight.
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/523928/20240329_141226_jpg-3172876.JPG
View Quote

Originally Posted By fingas:
I don't have the weights and I find the recoil quite manageable.   Wilson sells the weights and there is a cavity for them in the grip
View Quote

Really appreciate the pic and info!  Again, hopefully won't need it but nice to know the option is there.  I guess if I go with the P365 and have some need to replace the grip module, I'll be going with Wilson.  

Thanks!
Link Posted: 3/29/2024 3:34:38 PM EDT
[#36]

Really appreciate the pic and info!  Again, hopefully won't need it but nice to know the option is there.  I guess if I go with the P365 and have some need to replace the grip module, I'll be going with Wilson.  

Thanks!
View Quote

You're very welcome!
Link Posted: 3/29/2024 6:40:17 PM EDT
[Last Edit: VoxLibertatis] [#37]

Thanks!

View Quote

They’re tungsten rods that fit into the back of the grip. I don’t think the gun is terribly uncontrollable, and neither does my wife, so I haven’t added them in. The optic is a holosun 507k x2, and the light is a TLR7 sub.

ETA: Answered earlier
Link Posted: 3/29/2024 6:42:56 PM EDT
[#38]
Wilson with the weights is what I have, very happy with it!
Link Posted: 3/29/2024 6:59:37 PM EDT
[#39]
I put the Wilson Combat grip module on my P365XL.  I carry it in a Tulster.  Tulster is very, very similar a Vetter holster. I smoothed out the rough texture on the left side of the WC slightly because of the skin shredding problem mentioned earlier.
Link Posted: 3/29/2024 7:02:17 PM EDT
[#40]
Wilson and dont look back. Significant improvement over stock and plants the gun in your hand.

Link Posted: 3/29/2024 7:04:58 PM EDT
[#41]
View Quote

Wilson grip module is money.  It has just a tad more palm swell that improves my shooting drastically.
Link Posted: 3/29/2024 7:05:38 PM EDT
[Last Edit: doty_soty] [#42]

Those are only XL models.  Help me understand why that grip module is worth as much as the entire gun to you.

Thanks!
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By doty_soty:

Thanks!

Mine is the XL. And it’s not very expensive, I think I paid maybe $300. I also did the trigger, added an EPS Carry, and a PMM comp, and the Magguts mags, and the holster setups so in the scheme of things it wasn’t much.

If you shoot your gun much the cost of ammo should dwarf even the above costs pretty quickly either way though, but to answer your question it fills the gaps in your firing grip perfectly and mates with your hand. I’ve never felt as locked into a pistol as I do with my Icarus Precision grip, and while I was on the fence initially I’m glad I got it and I’d get it again.
Link Posted: 3/29/2024 7:08:39 PM EDT
[#43]
Originally Posted By Make_Mine_Moxie:
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Make_Mine_Moxie:

Same
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top