Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/3/2024 9:23:31 PM EDT
[Last Edit: cgrant26]
The 4x12 thread got me thinking about my own rig. I currently run a hybrid setup with a Helix Rack, Marshall Valvestate Pro power amp and a 4x12 cab. I know this colors the sound a lot and I'm thinking of moving to an FRFR setup and and letting the modeler do all the work on sound coloring. I'd probably keep the power amp and cab or maybe swap it out for a JCM800+1960A just for when the mood strikes. For you guys that use them, what are your opinions on FRFR? Seems like everyone and their brother are using Headrush. It's an attractive option for the price. Do they live up to the hype?

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/5/2024 9:43:41 AM EDT
[#1]
I think the Headrush FRFR get maligned unfairly. My son uses a simple powered PA spkr with my NUX MG30 live sometimes instead of his bass combo and it sounds great.  I used modelers with a 10" alto powered speaker for home and they sound great. They ARENT SUPPOSED TO FEEL LIKE A GUITAR CAB ON STAGE. If I want to use IRs now I go thru my studio monitors but I'm happy these days with the sounds of my Catalyst and no IRs. For the wattage, the Headrush FRFRs are great and cheap for what they are.  I think most of their detractors struggle with EQing their modeler output to play well with the cabs.  I've heard some beautiful cleans and EoB come from them but they really shine for high gain.
Top Top