Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/6/2024 10:35:54 AM EDT
Yesterday while cutting a dead ash tree down I almost got swatted by the damn tree.  I have never had a tree twist almost 180 degrees and the branches came down right where I was standing.   I dropped the saw and ran.   The branches landed all around the saw.  

Just a heads up pay attention .
one more thing,    leaves of three leave them be.  The wife is highly allergic and I found some that was not there last yr.
Link Posted: 5/6/2024 10:38:43 AM EDT
[#1]
Dat shit be danger, yo!  Glad you got out without injury or death.
Link Posted: 5/6/2024 10:47:19 AM EDT
[#2]
What type of cut did you use?
Link Posted: 5/6/2024 10:48:30 AM EDT
[#3]
I don’t fuck with trees.

I’ve seen guys felling for 20 years get hurt.

Fuck that.
Link Posted: 5/6/2024 10:50:58 AM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By Grizz272:
Yesterday while cutting a dead ash tree down I almost got swatted by the damn tree.  I have never had a tree twist almost 180 degrees and the branches came down right where I was standing.   I dropped the saw and ran.   The branches landed all around the saw.  

one more thing,    leaves of three leave them be.  The wife is highly allergic and I found some that was not there last yr.
View Quote
Yeah, trees pretty much want you dead, all the time.
Link Posted: 5/6/2024 10:52:33 AM EDT
[#5]
I cut trees pretty often but that shit still makes me just the right amount of nervous. About like using a table saw. I become very aware of the physical location of all parts of my body.
Link Posted: 5/6/2024 10:52:35 AM EDT
[#6]
Lucky fella.

What type of cut?

Dad had one kick out and fall on him.
Luckily he fell in a hole on the tundra so no real weight from the tree.

Mom was looking out for him from heaven that day.
Link Posted: 5/6/2024 11:10:54 AM EDT
[#7]
My neighbor cut down a tree and when it fell it rolled and rolled right over his wife. Broke her neck. DRT.

Scary shit.
Link Posted: 5/6/2024 11:13:10 AM EDT
[#8]
Yeah, dead trees want to take you with them.

Proper cut for the situation, sanitized egress route, and senses turned up to the "Stalking Leopard" setting are all non-negotiable.
Link Posted: 5/6/2024 11:16:36 AM EDT
[#9]
I have an electric limbing chainsaw on a pole

it basically drops branches on you as its function
Link Posted: 5/6/2024 11:21:14 AM EDT
[#10]
Costs less to hire a pro than replace a structure or pay for a funeral.
Link Posted: 5/6/2024 11:27:15 AM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By Grizz272:

View Quote

I was doing some deer habitat work that involved dropping junk trees and dead standing to open up the canopy.  Same thing happened to me.  The top of that tree beat the shit outta me as I was running away!  What happened defied gravity and any logic and still perplexes me to this day.
Top Top