BCM
User Panel

Page General » Books
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 6/21/2008 6:22:36 PM EDT
[Last Edit: UH_SALT_RIFLE]
*UPDATE*

If you guys want to save money on shipping just go to the PO counter and tell them you want to ship it "media mail". I shipped one for about $13 and then my wife was kind enough to point out my stupidity. Next book went out for $4.00

Thanks again for all who participate, I have read quite a few REALLY good books and have shipped out a few as well. Pass 'em on!

It doesn't have to be permanent. I send you one and you send me one.

Read and release?

If you're interested put something up and I will do the same. I will pay to ship my books to you if you do the same.

If you want your book returned, then you get it back. If you want the person to offer it up to someone else, they pay it forward.

Of course we would need to be respectful to each other and each others books. If you damage a book, fess up to the owner and deal with it properly.

Mods: If this is cool with you, a nod of approval would be appreciated. No books will be posted until they approve I guess.

Approved

Thanks Tango7 and Striker
Link Posted: 6/21/2008 7:41:44 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 6/21/2008 8:01:20 PM EDT
[#2]
I like the idea, let's see where it goes.
Link Posted: 6/21/2008 8:04:41 PM EDT
[#3]
i am in...
Link Posted: 6/21/2008 8:08:55 PM EDT
[#4]
I'm in.

Big thing would be what kind of books are people looking to swap around.........and if peoples tastes are compatable.
Link Posted: 6/22/2008 11:35:11 AM EDT
[Last Edit: UH_SALT_RIFLE] [#5]
I have three books up for the moment (I have to dig some more of them out)

The Sniper At War

This is more of an illustrated history of snipers during wars and not a novel. Interesting reading if you like these types of books.

Escape and Evasion

A basic survival type book. It was included with a book club order and has some ok stuff in it. Illustrated.

No True Glory

This is a frontline account of the battle for Fallujah. It was a very interesting read. I enjoyed it.

I will add more as I go through my wifes books. She has way more than I do so mine get buried.
Link Posted: 6/23/2008 9:24:52 PM EDT
[#6]
I am in....

I have About Face. Its the story of Col David Hackworth. Awesome book....I'd like the No True Glory if you want Hacks book.....
Link Posted: 6/23/2008 9:27:09 PM EDT
[#7]
Also have one about Jason Dunham. The 1st to receive the MOH for his heroics in Iraq. Read it 2 times and still brings a tear to my eye....
Link Posted: 6/23/2008 9:36:42 PM EDT
[#8]
A good idea. I'm in. Only problem is that there is no way I could list all of the books I have. I've got three 6 foot tall book shelves in the living room and boxes more in the closet and attic.

I'm a book junkie.

It would be easier for someone to ask about a specific title than it would be to list them all.
Link Posted: 6/24/2008 10:10:27 AM EDT
[#9]

Originally Posted By Eagle7222:
I am in....

I have About Face. Its the story of Col David Hackworth. Awesome book....I'd like the No True Glory if you want Hacks book.....

I've got one book coming already. I'll hold off on About Face (for now) but I will send you No True Glory.

IM me your address.
Link Posted: 6/28/2008 8:48:17 AM EDT
[#10]
IN!

Id like to read Lone Survivor since I can't find it anywhere locally and haven't ordered it.

I have 2 books on the DC sniper, History of Mercenaries, Mein Kampf and lots more (Im not at home at the moment but will ad more titles tonight.)
Link Posted: 6/29/2008 3:36:15 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 6/30/2008 10:08:08 AM EDT
[#12]
Ender's Game by Orson Scott Card

My wife highly recommends this book.
Link Posted: 7/3/2008 12:16:18 AM EDT
[#13]

Originally Posted By UH_SALT_RIFLE:

thats a damn good book, someone should take him up on that
Link Posted: 7/10/2008 12:21:12 AM EDT
[#14]
Hey I'll take Ender's game!

I have Sum of All Fears by Tom Clancy and Farnham's Freehold by Robert Heinlein to exchange... if you don't like those, I can dig out some of my books from their cardbord box home. I'm still in college so I don't really unpack over the summer...
Link Posted: 7/10/2008 12:23:02 AM EDT
[Last Edit: BertTheTurtle] [#15]
Sorry, double post.
Link Posted: 7/10/2008 8:59:57 AM EDT
[#16]

Originally Posted By BertTheTurtle:
Hey I'll take Ender's game!

I have Sum of All Fears by Tom Clancy and Farnham's Freehold by Robert Heinlein to exchange... if you don't like those, I can dig out some of my books from their cardbord box home. I'm still in college so I don't really unpack over the summer...

IM me your address and I will mail it out to you.
Link Posted: 7/10/2008 9:43:55 AM EDT
[#17]

Originally Posted By Cypher15:

thats a damn good book, someone should take him up on that

+1.  The whole series is great.
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 3:01:10 PM EDT
[#18]
BertTheTurtle never responded to emails or IM's so Ender's Game is still available!

I just finished reading Unintended Consequences by John Ross.

This book was sent to me by Eagle7222. This book was IMPOSSIBLE to put down. I am going to buy a copy because I enjoyed it so much. I HIGHLY recommend this book to everyone. If you want it, just say so.

Next up on my readin list is Atlas Shrugged and as soon as I finish it, it too will be up for exchange.
Link Posted: 7/24/2008 12:17:38 AM EDT
[#19]

This book was sent to me by Eagle7222. This book was IMPOSSIBLE to put down. I am going to buy a copy because I enjoyed it so much. I HIGHLY recommend this book to everyone. If you want it, just say so.

I'll take it... I have Shooter (Point of Impact) that the movie was based off if you would like that.
Link Posted: 7/24/2008 9:16:41 AM EDT
[#20]

Originally Posted By Slappy96:

I'll take it... I have Shooter (Point of Impact) that the movie was based off if you would like that.

IM inbound
Link Posted: 8/6/2008 9:42:31 PM EDT
[#21]

Originally Posted By Ghetto:
IN!

Id like to read Lone Survivor since I can't find it anywhere locally and haven't ordered it.

I have 2 books on the DC sniper, History of Mercenaries, Mein Kampf and lots more (Im not at home at the moment but will ad more titles tonight.)

Check your IM's!
Link Posted: 8/22/2008 10:49:31 PM EDT
[#22]
Anybody have Enemies Foreign and Domestic?

I'd like to read it if anyone has it to share.
Link Posted: 9/17/2008 9:17:34 PM EDT
[#23]
Anybody have "Enemies Foreign and Domestic"?
Link Posted: 10/1/2008 12:12:42 AM EDT
[Last Edit: CanteTinza] [#24]

Yeah I have it. Shoot me an IM with your address.

ETA: IM received assault_rifle.Will mail it today or tomorrow.  Does anybody have Green Eyes & Black Rifles?
Link Posted: 10/1/2008 9:39:35 AM EDT
[#25]

Originally Posted By CanteTinza:

Yeah I have it. Shoot me a IM with your address.

Awesome, thank you.
Link Posted: 10/1/2008 9:43:38 AM EDT
[#26]
Keep me posted.
Link Posted: 11/8/2008 6:24:16 AM EDT
[#27]
Hey guys.  I would like to read Enemies Foreign and Domestic, Molon Labe!, Patriots: Surviving the Coming Collapse: A Novel of the Turbulent Near Future (long shot, I know) and THE THIRD REVOLUTION.

I don't have much on the way to send out except just about every Tom Clancy novels (the one's actually written by him) including one of my personal favorites Without Remorse.
Link Posted: 11/10/2008 11:32:53 AM EDT
[#28]
Who wants Unintended Consequences?

Defiently good read.
Link Posted: 12/6/2008 10:22:35 PM EDT
[#29]
I have "Patriots..." and would like to read Without Remorse.  

Last time I sent out a book for other AR15 members to read and pass along it never made it back to me (I Am Legend).

I have both Matthew Bracken: EFAD and DE, also have UC.

I also have A Rifleman Went to War (McBride).
Link Posted: 4/30/2009 4:17:57 PM EDT
[#30]
Four months without a new post, so I don't know if anyone is still interested in the book exchange, but:

I've got Clancy's "Without Remorse" that I'm willing to trade. No need to return it, if you have something I want to read.
Link Posted: 4/30/2009 4:43:43 PM EDT
[#31]
i will go though my library this weekend Mrs fastmover was on my sack to thin the herd.
Link Posted: 5/24/2009 11:38:30 AM EDT
[#32]
I've got Lone Survivor if anybody wants to trade it for another book. I'd like to read Company Commander: The Classic Infantry Memoir of World War II by Charles B. MacDonald if anyone has it. IM works best for me and I can get Lone Survivor out on Monday.
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 1:02:56 AM EDT
[#33]
Originally Posted By Nate7out:

Last time I sent out a book for other AR15 members to read and pass along it never made it back to me (I Am Legend).

Hey let me look I might still have my copy of I Am Legend if so I will do a trade with you or just send it to you. I think I sold it but not sure I will dig in my copies.

I really like this and glad I found this part of the site. I read a lot of books sell and trade them off all the time on other boards. I will and see what I have and list them and if I have I Am Legend I will let you know Nate7out but pm me just in case.
Link Posted: 6/30/2009 8:47:14 PM EDT
[#34]

Originally Posted By Nate7out:

I'd love to read Domestic Enemies. I promise I'll send it back.

Link Posted: 7/2/2009 12:07:29 PM EDT
[Last Edit: ZeroZero] [#35]
Currently available for trade:

Tom Clancy:
Sum of All Fears
Without Remorse
Debt of Honor

Also, Patient Zero (author's name escapes me at the moment) zombie/terrorist book.

ETA: All gone. I'll have more up later
Link Posted: 7/2/2009 12:46:26 PM EDT
[#36]
Thanks for keeping this going guys. I will go through my shelves and see what is available in a few....
Link Posted: 7/11/2009 10:01:48 PM EDT
[#37]
Originally Posted By ZeroZero:

Tom Clancy:
Sum of All Fears
Without Remorse
Debt of Honor

Also, Patient Zero (author's name escapes me at the moment) zombie/terrorist book.

I would like to read Patient Zero byJonathan Maberry. I will look around and see what I have. Im always trading off and selling my books to keep new ones coming in and gun projects going. Also would you want Patient Zero back.

Link Posted: 7/13/2009 11:09:31 AM EDT
[#38]
Originally Posted By OlympicArmsFan:

Tom Clancy:
Sum of All Fears
Without Remorse
Debt of Honor

I would like to read Patient Zero byJonathan Maberry. I will look around and see what I have. Im always trading off and selling my books to keep new ones coming in and gun projects going. Also would you want Patient Zero back.

IM sent.
Link Posted: 7/13/2009 4:01:27 PM EDT
[#39]
PM sent back thank you ZeroZero.
Link Posted: 7/13/2009 5:10:30 PM EDT
[#40]
Anyone have

Lord Of The Flies by William Golding

I know I read this in high school but after having a stroke a few years ago its one I dont remember. I just caught the movie over the weekend on tv and I would really like to read the book.
Link Posted: 7/29/2009 9:44:28 AM EDT
[Last Edit: ZeroZero] [#41]
Anyone have

I know I read this in high school but after having a stroke a few years ago its one I dont remember. I just caught the movie over the weekend on tv and I would really like to read the book.

I've got this one too. It's yours.
Link Posted: 7/30/2009 1:39:03 PM EDT
[#42]
Anyone have

I've got this one too. It's yours.

Hey ZeroZero sorry it took me so long to get back to you. I got your pm man and thank you. I spent all weekend in the ER with my mom and forgot to check back in here. Thanks again man.
Link Posted: 9/11/2009 7:01:21 AM EDT
[#43]

Originally Posted By Slappy96:

Who wants Unintended Consequences?

Defiently good read.

Still got it?
Link Posted: 9/12/2009 1:13:02 PM EDT
[#44]
Looking for Unintended Concequences.

I sent a copy out last year that is floating around. I'd like to read it again if anyone has it...
Link Posted: 9/14/2009 1:13:24 PM EDT
[#45]
I'd like to read "Patriots" if anyone has a copy they can pass along.

Let me know and I'll find a good trade.
Link Posted: 9/23/2009 5:51:21 AM EDT
[#46]
I know you guys are thinking this is great for ARF members and it is I'll contribute once I get to take a little inventory. But check out Book Crossing is a web sits for just this purpose.
Link Posted: 9/23/2009 7:20:44 AM EDT
[#47]
Originally Posted By Eagle7222:
Looking for Unintended Concequences.

I sent a copy out last year that is floating around. I'd like to read it again if anyone has it...

It was passed on to a member here in NC (I'll check with him) but I believe he sent it on to someone in Texas I think. I'll see if I can round one up for you Eagle7222. That was a very good book and I still appreciate you letting me read it.
Link Posted: 9/27/2009 4:03:28 AM EDT
[#48]
I've got "The Killing Zone", probably one of the best (Non-Fiction)  books from a first person POV on Vietnam. And I also have "The Forever War" (Science-Fiction), by Joe Haldeman, another book based on the vietnam war,  a veteran. That book is not really about Vietnam, but the parallels are most certainly there. I also have a spare copy of "Starship Troopers", by R. Heinlein. Don't be thrown off this book because of the movie either. The book is completely different. It actually has intelligence. "Old Man's War", by John Scalzi is pretty damn good too.

List I have to lend:

Old Man's War
The Killing Zone
The Forever War
Starship Troopers

And a ton of others. Just send me a PM, no matter how new, if it's fiction or SF and it has some killing in it, I probably have it.
Link Posted: 9/29/2009 2:29:10 PM EDT
[#49]
Hi I will send a pm as Im interested in these

The Killing Zone
The Forever War
Link Posted: 10/2/2009 2:03:07 AM EDT
[#50]
Pending an Addy from Oly Arms fan, I only have Old man's war and Starship Troopers ( Plus the miscellaneous hundreds of others!), left.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Page General » Books
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top