Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/8/2024 5:24:11 PM EDT
Is this little tab suppose to be spring loaded?   Mine moves freely back and forth.

Link Posted: 3/8/2024 7:07:47 PM EDT
[#1]
That tab lets the camera control the aperture on the lens, which should have a very similar tab. Really just a mechanical pass-thru needed as the teleconverter sits between the lens and camera.
Link Posted: 3/8/2024 9:13:21 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By engineer61:
That tab lets the camera control the aperture on the lens, which should have a very similar tab. Really just a mechanical pass-thru needed as the teleconverter sits between the lens and camera.
View Quote

So u don't think it's spring loaded?    I tried it on my D780 and it shoots fine.   Just got it from MPB today.
Link Posted: 3/8/2024 10:08:16 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 3/8/2024 11:49:33 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By fish223:
Mine moves freely, no spring.
If I rotate the unit, the tab flips from one side to the other without resistance.
View Quote

Thank you.   That's what mine does.
Link Posted: 3/8/2024 11:55:46 PM EDT
[#5]
I don't think the tele-convertor should have a spring on that tab. The lens does have a spring, so when the tele-convertor is connected to the lens the tab is put into the correct position to attach to the camera. If both the lens and tele-convertor had springs then there would be twice the resistance when the camera tries to set the aperture, leading to more wear and possibly even not having enough force to overcome two springs instead of just one.
Link Posted: 3/11/2024 8:51:43 PM EDT
[#6]
Always connect your teleconverter to the lens first. This will then use the spring in the lens to align it when you mount the whole thing to the camera boby. Thats how I always have done it and have never had an issue.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top