Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 5/7/2024 1:16:03 PM EDT
As the title says, Neewer has another 50% off sale, several of their tripods are 50% off including this one...It is not a RRS but it is a decent tripod for decent money...

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

https://neewer.com/collections/super-sale/products/neewer-tp23-all-in-1-travel-tripod-monopod-66602043
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 1:22:26 PM EDT
[#1]
$115 seems a good deal.

Link Posted: 5/7/2024 1:54:16 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By nightstalker:
$115 seems a good deal.

View Quote

I have several of their tripods, as does our group, we have all been very happy with them.....This one is neat because it can be configured in so many different ways which makes it useful to me...Plus it has decent weight ratings, 44 pounds for the tripod and 33 pounds for the ball-head...

My old Neewer tripod and the new one together...

Attachment Attached File

The new one configured for my labradar...

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 3:09:32 PM EDT
[#3]
What did you use to attach a rifle to this?
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 3:37:15 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By Ridgeline001:
View Quote

My bolt action rifle is an MPA chassis and it comes with a Swiss-arca rail built in...the AR uses a cheap m-loc adapter off amazon...lots of companies make them in all sorts of configurations depending on wood/aluminum or plastic...Anyway anything 1.5" Swiss-Arca fits which is industry standard for cameras and firearms..so any will work... they plug right into the ball-head nothing else needed...

Here is a bunch of them.....

https://www.amazon.com/Arca-Rails/s?k=Arca+Rails

Neewer also makes a few......

https://neewer.com/products/neewer-m-lok-arca-rail-type-quick-release-plate-66602000?_pos=3&_sid=f938cd9ed&_ss=r
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 3:40:22 PM EDT
[#5]
I purchased the older model on OP's recommendation.
Great tripod, especially for the price.

I'll probably grab another one at this price.
This new one doesn't have the stupid center post.
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 3:44:22 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By seaskidoo:
I purchased the older model on OP's recommendation.
Great tripod, especially for the price.

I'll probably grab another one at this price.
This new one doesn't have the stupid center post.
View Quote

It has one but is optional to use...LOL, I actually like it without it...This tripod is very very configurable..neat little tripod if you can make use of it....
 For anyone that gets one, when it comes it is configured with the long legs, but inside the carry case is a zippered pocket which holds the instructions, tools and the short legs...the center post is just floating loose in the main compartment... A few guys last time thought theirs was missing stuff because they missed the inner pocket....
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 3:47:27 PM EDT
[#7]

There goes another $126 bucks....
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 3:50:06 PM EDT
[#8]
After AK's last post about these, I saw some f'ing neckbearder on a MI sales board offloading one at a good markup.
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 3:51:03 PM EDT
[#9]
Thanks, OP!  I grabbed two.
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 3:53:03 PM EDT
[#10]
44 lbs huh? That's probably good nuf for some skinny jeans wearin millennidumb
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 4:06:55 PM EDT
[#11]
I'm a little poorer now......................
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 4:23:43 PM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By heavily_armed:
After AK's last post about these, I saw some f'ing neckbearder on a MI sales board offloading one at a good markup.
View Quote

That sucks..people will do anything to make a buck...
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 4:25:49 PM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By Red96TransAm:
Thanks, OP!  I grabbed two.
View Quote

Nice I hope they work for you.....

Originally Posted By LVMIKE:
44 lbs huh? That's probably good nuf for some skinny jeans wearin millennidumb
View Quote

I'm not sure they really can hold 44 pounds, but my bolt gun above is over 16 pounds and it holds it fine...

Originally Posted By Casmirblue633:
I'm a little poorer now......................
View Quote

Me too...
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 4:27:44 PM EDT
[Last Edit: StaccatoC2] [#14]
I like the one I got the last time around, I am using it for my spotting scope. I do wish it had the little handle that twists for loosening and tightening it when there is a scope on it. Getting it dialed into a target at 200 yards is a little bit of a pain, like takes me a good 30-45 seconds. It becomes a real pain when changing ranges a bunch, like shoot at 100, then change to 200 and back.

edit I mean the one that sticks back like a handle and is used to aim and tighten.
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 4:36:32 PM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By AKSnowRider:

My bolt action rifle is an MPA chassis and it comes with a Swiss-arca rail built in...the AR uses a cheap m-loc adapter off amazon...lots of companies make them in all sorts of configurations depending on wood/aluminum or plastic...Anyway anything 1.5" Swiss-Arca fits which is industry standard for cameras and firearms..so any will work... they plug right into the ball-head nothing else needed...

https://neewer.com/products/neewer-m-lok-arca-rail-type-quick-release-plate-66602000?_pos=3&_sid=f938cd9ed&_ss=r
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Ridgeline001:

Thank you!  I picked up one of these last time you posted, but hadn't purchased the Arca Rails yet.
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 4:37:27 PM EDT
[#16]
I learned the value of shooting off a tripod in the Sig modern hunter class.

Been bouncing the idea of one to go along with the african shooting sticks.

I FOed, no shipping and no sales tax made it worth it.
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 4:38:13 PM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By StaccatoC2:
I like the one I got the last time around, I am using it for my spotting scope. I do wish it had the little handle that twists for loosening and tightening it when there is a scope on it. Getting it dialed into a target at 200 yards is a little bit of a pain, like takes me a good 30-45 seconds. It becomes a real pain when changing ranges a bunch, like shoot at 100, then change to 200 and back.

edit I mean the one that sticks back like a handle and is used to aim and tighten.
View Quote

@ StaccatoC2

You can change it out..they are a simple unscrew the ball-head and screw on the fluid head.. Neewer has a bunch of them, from 35 bucks to several hundred depending on what you want...or if you have an old tripod it should pop right off and thread right back onto the Neewer.....

https://neewer.com/collections/tripod-head-and-accessories?filter.p.product_type=Tripod%20Head%20%26%20Accessories&filter.v.availability=1&sort_by=created-descending
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 4:40:07 PM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By manchu39:

Thank you!  I picked up one of these last time you posted, but hadn't purchased the Arca Rails yet.
View Quote

Originally Posted By Auxcoastie:
I learned the value of shooting off a tripod in the Sig modern hunter class.

Been bouncing the idea of one to go along with the african shooting sticks.

I FOed, no shipping and no sales tax made it worth it.
View Quote

Hope it works fine for you...
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 4:43:10 PM EDT
[#19]
Y'all cost me money evryfrikn time...  
& I don't even have anything that needs one.
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 4:49:04 PM EDT
[#20]
Bought one the last time you posted this thread.  Used the hell out of it the past couple of months.  It's not the sturdiest thing out there, but works just fine for me.  Makes carrying a tripod with me on solo night hunts doable.
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 4:50:37 PM EDT
[#21]
Thanks OP, Snagged one!
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 4:51:58 PM EDT
[Last Edit: TheWhiteHorse] [#22]
Those bottom legs are way too thin... must wobble like a mother fucker while standing or using as rear support.
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 4:52:23 PM EDT
[#23]
Having one of those, I would skip it and go straight to a Innorel RT90C. Those Neewers are not stable enough. Big difference going to the more burely tripod.
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 4:55:17 PM EDT
[#24]
Originally Posted By TenBeers:
Y'all cost me money evryfrikn time...  
& I don't even have anything that needs one.
View Quote

Now you have reason to get something to use on it...

Originally Posted By Glck1911:
Bought one the last time you posted this thread.  Used the hell out of it the past couple of months.  It's not the sturdiest thing out there, but works just fine for me.  Makes carrying a tripod with me on solo night hunts doable.
View Quote

Yeah, not an RRS but it also doesn't cost you your first born either..And considering what it weighs, it is pretty stout as well...

Originally Posted By tspike:
Thanks OP, Snagged one!
View Quote

Your welcome....
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 5:01:44 PM EDT
[#25]
Originally Posted By TheWhiteHorse:
Those bottom legs are way too thin... must wobble like a mother fucker while standing or using as rear support.
View Quote

Originally Posted By monkeypunch:
Having one of those, I would skip it and go straight to a Innorel RT90C. Those Neewers are not stable enough. Big difference going to the more burely tripod.
View Quote

I would imagine anyone shooting in comp might want something extremely HD like an RRS, but for someone using it primarily as a spotting scope/binocular/labradar tripod it works great and its light...plus 114 bucks is a good price for what it is..I have shot off my other Neewer, the older version of this tripod with my 16 plus pound bolt rifle without issue, this one feels just as sturdy in the garage so I doubt it would be an issue if I need it hunting sometime to hold the rifle for a shot....I will have to see the next time I get a chance to LR shoot off a tripod.......
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 5:03:53 PM EDT
[#26]
That's a smokin deal. Thanks fir sharing.
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 5:11:21 PM EDT
[#27]
Sweet! I missed out last time.
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 5:13:51 PM EDT
[Last Edit: TheWhiteHorse] [#28]

I would imagine anyone shooting in comp might want something extremely HD like an RRS, but for someone using it primarily as a spotting scope/binocular/labradar tripod it works great and its light...plus 114 bucks is a good price for what it is..I have shot off my other Neewer, the older version of this tripod with my 16 plus pound bolt rifle without issue, this one feels just as sturdy in the garage so I doubt it would be an issue if I need it hunting sometime to hold the rifle for a shot....I will have to see the next time I get a chance to LR shoot off a tripod.......
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

Originally Posted By monkeypunch:

There are lot more affordable options out there these days than RRS. Leofoto, Two Vets etc, but yeah, $114 is crazy cheap and that thing has insane modularity... and if you ever upgrade, you can always find a use for a tripod. But if I was looking to get a shooting tripod I knew I was going to get good use out of, I'd rather buy once and cry once. Not trying to shit on your post man!! I just learned the hard way. I do hunt with a really light thin tripod, but I know it's limited to sitting or kneeling.
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 5:22:01 PM EDT
[#29]
I didn’t grab one last time so got one now.

I’ll be interested to see how good the ball head is. And how it stands up to the 200-500.
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 5:23:51 PM EDT
[#30]

View Quote

You want a pan head and not a ball head.

Link Posted: 5/7/2024 5:25:37 PM EDT
[#31]

There are lot more affordable options out there these days than RRS. Leofoto, Two Vets etc, but yeah, $114 is crazy cheap and that thing has insane modularity... and if you ever upgrade, you can always find a use for a tripod. But if I was looking to get a shooting tripod I knew I was going to get good use out of, I'd rather buy once and cry once. Not trying to shit on your post man!! I just learned the hard way. I do hunt with a really light thin tripod, but I know it's limited to sitting or kneeling.
View Quote

No worries..If you look at how it is when I stuck my bolt rifle on it, the short legs arn't on it...just the long legs, it ends up an inch or two shorter than my older Neewer which I have shot off and feels every bit as steady as that one is... But yeah for anyone who is going to be shooting off it a bunch, a heavier tripod would be better...But for a hunters needs for a casual use here and there when you have to cover a lot of ground on foot..hard to beat..I also have a couple of vortex tripods as well, their old heavy duty Pro GT and their light weight summit SST.. the Pro GT doesn't hold my rifle any better and the summit is to light to hang the heavy rifle on..again, its for packing around on foot when you have to cover a lot of ground but still need stabile optics...All good though, I agree with you, anyone shooting a lot will want a heavier tripod to shoot off most likely...But for the casual use here and there it will do fine...
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 5:27:42 PM EDT
[#32]

@ StaccatoC2

You can change it out..they are a simple unscrew the ball-head and screw on the fluid head.. Neewer has a bunch of them, from 35 bucks to several hundred depending on what you want...or if you have an old tripod it should pop right off and thread right back onto the Neewer.....

https://neewer.com/collections/tripod-head-and-accessories?filter.p.product_type=Tripod%20Head%20%26%20Accessories&filter.v.availability=1&sort_by=created-descending
View Quote

I will look at the little tripod that came with my spotting scope, see if I was swap the head.
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 5:28:14 PM EDT
[#33]

View Quote

You can definitely find a use for an old tripod.
My old ones hold my UE Megaboom bluetooth speakers when we're camping.
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 5:35:29 PM EDT
[#34]
Originally Posted By seaskidoo:

You can definitely find a use for an old tripod.
My old ones hold my UE Megaboom bluetooth speakers when we're camping.
View Quote

My wife uses my old light weight tripod to hold her ring lights for her online content. The RRS isn’t to be touched by her.
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 5:43:45 PM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 6:01:17 PM EDT
[Last Edit: THOR3232] [#36]
Im new to this, I saw somewhere an arca rail that fits the hole on the bottom of the basic plastic handguard?
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 6:02:18 PM EDT
[#37]
I got one on the last go around. I like it a lot.
I don't have ARCA rails so I got one of these.

Link Posted: 5/7/2024 6:33:16 PM EDT
[#38]

I will look at the little tripod that came with my spotting scope, see if I was swap the head.
View Quote

If you don't have one, message me, I might still have a couple somewhere from when I removed the fluid heads and went all ball heads on all of my tripods.....We have moved since I did that and I don't remember if I threw them away or they are in a box somewhere but if you need one I will look for them...
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 11:02:40 PM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 5/8/2024 8:02:48 AM EDT
[#40]
What’s the best way to run this? Hog/pig? Bag adapter? I know that’s a loaded question but looking for something not married to adapters. Do they make a leveling head I can replace the ball head with?
Link Posted: 5/8/2024 9:26:00 AM EDT
[#41]
Originally Posted By Shortbuss:
What’s the best way to run this? Hog/pig? Bag adapter? I know that’s a loaded question but looking for something not married to adapters. Do they make a leveling head I can replace the ball head with?
View Quote

Most people put a Swiss-arca plate on their rifles that will direct mount to a ball-head/fluid head.....Neewer does make a couple of leveling heads if you want to replace the ball-head.....

They also sell a Swiss-arca plate as do a lot of others just need to search Swiss-arca plate adapter for your rifle/stock setup...There are search results in an earlier post....

https://neewer.com/products/neewer-m-lok-arca-rail-type-quick-release-plate-66602000?_pos=8&_sid=02958a8e8&_ss=r
Link Posted: 5/8/2024 9:32:07 AM EDT
[#42]
Thx op! Great deal
Ordered
Link Posted: 5/8/2024 10:55:24 AM EDT
[#43]
This should be perfect for my uses.  Thanks OP!
Link Posted: 5/8/2024 11:11:51 AM EDT
[#44]
Well I ordered one.

So all I need to attach a rifle to this is a swiss arca rail?

Cause I ordered a couple two-slot ones since I can mount those far back on the handguard right by the balance point of most of my rifles.

Anything else needed?  Good news is if I decide I need a more stout one, this one will encourage me to finally get a spotting scope and rig it up for that.

Thanks!
Link Posted: 5/8/2024 11:13:41 AM EDT
[#45]
These neewer tripods are pretty much the same as all the other off brands on Amazon.  I was a Vine reviwer for a few years and tried a bunch of them.

This is a well-reviewed carbon tripod at like 1/5 the cost.

Camera Tripod, Moman CA70 Carbon Fiber Video Tripod Portable Travel Tripod Monopod with 360 Ball Head 4-Section Leg 24"-68" for DSLR Cameras 33lbs Max Payload, Monopod Tripod Units https://a.co/d/5qeVUVA
Link Posted: 5/8/2024 11:17:11 AM EDT
[#46]
This tripod is ok but not great. I bought the first one but probably going to sell it. Heavy, not that stable
Link Posted: 5/8/2024 1:18:06 PM EDT
[#47]
Originally Posted By twistedLV:
I got one on the last go around. I like it a lot.
I don't have ARCA rails so I got one of these.
www.amazon.com/dp/B0BZPNLHVN
View Quote
That's a great lightweight combo for chasing critters around the yard at night with a 10/22 or a Savage A17. I do it several times a week with the older Neewer version and a Pig Saddle. You just have to be careful with squeezing down too tight near the action to prevent turning them into a single-shot.
Link Posted: 5/9/2024 1:27:25 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Shortbuss] [#48]
Thanks a ton op. I figured I’d get a pig and a bag and see how I use the combo. Didn’t know eurooptic is the same as scope list but had “make an offer” and snagged a pig and bag pretty cheap compared to others. I think the pig was 115 and the bag was 95

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/9/2024 1:43:36 PM EDT
[#49]

@ StaccatoC2

View Quote

Ok this the crappy foot tall tripod that came with my scope and the newer tripod top. It won't swap.

I like the handle to help aim the scope and be able to loosen and tighten. Do you have anything like it? @aksnowrider
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/9/2024 2:31:16 PM EDT
[#50]
Originally Posted By The_Syndicate:

There goes another $126 bucks....
View Quote

Yup.

The craptastic aluminum one I have is pretty well fallen apart.  In fact, I have zipties holding on my spotting scope!
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Top Top