Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/20/2024 5:21:03 PM EDT
This is what I was hoping for when AI really started taking off.  If it's implemented well, I think this could make games a lot more engaging and immersive.

https://www.engadget.com/nvidia-partners-with-ubisoft-to-further-develop-its-ai-driven-npcs-160432137.html
Link Posted: 3/20/2024 5:43:39 PM EDT
[#1]
I just realized the goal is to connect neuralink to an AI system, therefore giving us real world NPC's
Link Posted: 3/20/2024 9:41:15 PM EDT
[#2]
Originally Posted By absael:
This is what I was hoping for when AI really started taking off.  If it's implemented well, I think this could make games a lot more engaging and immersive.

https://www.engadget.com/nvidia-partners-with-ubisoft-to-further-develop-its-ai-driven-npcs-160432137.html
View Quote

It won't. It can only engage in behaviors that it knows about and are programmed into it. No LLM can "learn" as we know it. They can only infer on probabilities from training data tagged and identified by humans.
Link Posted: 3/21/2024 3:38:55 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Imminent_Decay:
I just realized the goal is to connect neuralink to an AI system, therefore giving us real world NPC's
View Quote

Kind of like the Bruce Willis movie. Surrogates.
Link Posted: 3/23/2024 11:04:51 AM EDT
[#4]
Gaming companies can already use trained llms to use with NPCs.  

It doesn't take much computing power to run once trained.

Nvidia just wants to create an easy to implement version that only works well on their hardware.
Link Posted: 4/2/2024 2:57:49 AM EDT
[Last Edit: mikepiet] [#5]
I worked on a mod for Battlefield 2 several years ago, AIX 2.0 mod. It was alot of fun and the group behind the mod was amazing.

I made AI navmeshes for the maps that the map makers would develop. It was tedious but rewarding when you saw you map being played and the AI navigating the map with your navmeshes.

Nevertheless, I hope AI tech can make that a thing of the past and bots can come to a point where they can not only navigate but "act" like humans and take positions, snipe, flank, etc etc.
Link Posted: 4/4/2024 1:04:18 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By Imminent_Decay:
View Quote

We need no help creating real world NPCs.
Link Posted: 4/4/2024 6:22:17 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By mikepiet:
I worked on a mod for Battlefield 2 several years ago, AIX 2.0 mod. It was alot of fun and the group behind the mod was amazing.

I made AI navmeshes for the maps that the map makers would develop. It was tedious but rewarding when you saw you map being played and the AI navigating the map with your navmeshes.

Nevertheless, I hope AI tech can make that a thing of the past and bots can come to a point where they can not only navigate but "act" like humans and take positions, snipe, flank, etc etc.
View Quote

We're gonna end up with a bunch of modders creating stuff with marine corps and army combat TTPs programed in.
Link Posted: 4/4/2024 6:38:50 PM EDT
[#8]
I guess I'm the only one that just appreciates good writing.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top