Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 12:47:35 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 12:50:26 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
People get mad when you say what they are or what they do.

Hey assholes: if you don't want to be called an asshole, then stop being an asshole.
View Quote

Bingo. "Don't call me that!" "Don't be one and I won't!"
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 12:52:09 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
NPR should be defunded. The only way they should keep funding is if they stay 100% non-political/social. Report the facts, that’s it.
View Quote

Impossible that NPR ever becomes anything but a leftist propaganda outlet without independent funding.
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 12:54:23 PM EDT
[#4]
Libs sure hate the fucking truth.
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 12:54:25 PM EDT
[#5]
The Podcast of the Lotus Eaters did one on this.  They do a good show, but can be a tad verbose.

Link Posted: 4/16/2024 1:48:41 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

She's probably CIA.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
The new CEO's posts supporting Floyd Rioting are pretty awful.

She's balls deep in the Middle East.

Wiki
Maher grew up in Wilton, Connecticut, and attended Wilton High School. After high school, Maher graduated from the Arabic Language Institute's Arabic Language Intensive Program of The American University in Cairo in 2003, which she recalled as a formative experience that developed her interest in the Middle East. Maher subsequently studied at the Institut français d'études arabes de Damas in Syria and spent time in Lebanon and Tunisia.

In 2005, Maher received a bachelor's degree from New York University in Middle Eastern and Islamic studies.

Maher originally intended to be an academic and work for human rights and international development organizations.

She's probably CIA.

Probably CIA?  They already own the WP and NYT.
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 1:52:19 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Quit and go somewhere else.  Which is basically what he's doing.

I used to listen to NPR a lot.  While it always tilted left, in recent years it's completely gone off the tracks.  Sad, they used to do good work.  The local station is a shell of its former self.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Calling out your employer on a public forum rarely ends well.  

Correct. But if they continue to bury stories that are damaging to their masters, the democrats, what other options does a responsible journalist have?

I used to listen to NPR a lot.  While it always tilted left, in recent years it's completely gone off the tracks.  Sad, they used to do good work.  The local station is a shell of its former self.

Haha!

No!

NPR has been hard leftist for 30 years. Before that they leaned way to the left.

JHC! They fired Juan Williams for telling the truth 14 years ago.
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 1:57:35 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 2:03:33 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Agreed.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Agreed.

Yep, I stopped listening during Obama years, when it became a 24/7 infomercial for Obamacare…
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 2:07:33 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Yep, I stopped listening during Obama years, when it became a 24/7 infomercial for Obamacare…
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Agreed.

It used to be better.  It was always left - but they would go into detail and explain things better than most.  Then it went from left to communist.  And from communist to racist misandric communist.  I sometimes will try to listen but it's just offensive to me now and I can only take a few moments before - Oh look, here we go.

The fact that it's taxpayer funded is stupid.
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 2:22:02 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Stories like this always remind me of what my high school economics teacher had to say;

"Conservatives think Liberals have bad ideas. Liberals think Conservatives are bad people"

He's in for a full Chinese struggle session with a public beating for this.

https://th.bing.com/th/id/R.a3bc1c38b0fe1185c695b417673a92df?rik=pVX8mVV6e5nXrQ&pid=ImgRaw&r=0
View Quote
Nah.  After 2020 I think they're bad people as well.
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 8:38:05 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View Quote

It was fairly recently too

After Sandy Hook when there was a new AWB push, NPR/PRI had a show (don't remember who) where they actually had a debate between anti and pro 2A and allowed the 2A people to make coherent arguments.

Now every story on NPR is black this, racism that, indigenous people this, newcomers that, trans all the things. I can't imagine that even for moderate liberals it doesn't get old because it's so over the top that it's obscene

Every single story is about someone or some group being wronged or oppressed, sprinkled with crappy disjointed bongo and flute music from some country you've never heard of
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Top Top