Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 5/12/2024 1:39:43 PM EDT
[Last Edit: wheel]
Don't know too much about Burgum, but he designated ND as a 2A sanctuary state so he sounds promising.

Trump's new VP favorite? Republican governor now tops the list for oddsmakers after being trotted front and center at ex-president's huge New Jersey rally  Trump trotted out North Dakota Gov. Doug Burgum to give some opening remarks, with the ex-2024 rival revealing that he flew to the ocean-front site with the ex-president on board 'Trump Force One.'  When it was Trump's turn to speak, the presumptive Republican nominee hinted that Burgum could be the one.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-13407575/donald-trump-vp-wildwood-new-jersey-rally.html
Link Posted: 5/12/2024 1:41:49 PM EDT
[#1]
Probably ok but a woman would be better.

Sarah Huckabee Sanders would be awesome.
Link Posted: 5/12/2024 1:46:00 PM EDT
[#2]
This is my ultimate hope - and I didn't even dare to hope for it.  I literally was going to vote in the Primary in Texas for him; but he wasn't even on the primary ballot, so I said F'it and didn't even go.  He was by far my favorite most balanced most Constitutional most grounded candidate up there.  And nobody knew his name.  For Burgum to quietly get elected as VP, will put spring in my step going to polls to vote for JackAss - who I have no choice but to vote for now anyway.

Link Posted: 5/12/2024 1:50:02 PM EDT
[#3]
Trump absolutely  SUCKS at personnel.

It is truly his Achilles heel.

All the names being bantied about are nothing but  cheerleaders from states he is going to win anyway.
If he has half a brain he would pick Glen Youngkin.
It's a purple state he is not garranteed to win but is a must win.
And if he picks a viable , serious person who has a shot at winning in '28 trumps legacy will be safe instead of getting erased by another democrap.
Trump really needs to check his ego on this and make a serious  pick.

But  .   .   .
Link Posted: 5/12/2024 1:51:27 PM EDT
[#4]
Youngkin killed his shot with last Nov. election results.
Link Posted: 5/12/2024 1:53:13 PM EDT
[#5]
No.

The problem with people from the Dakotas is that they are a little too soft, a little too bourgeois, tend to be alcoholics, etc.  They're isolated from the problems the majority of the country faces.
Link Posted: 5/12/2024 1:54:49 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By VEPR39:

All the names being bantied about are nothing but  cheerleaders from states he is going to win anyway.
And if he picks a viable , serious person who has a shot at winning in '28 trumps legacy will be safe instead of getting erased by another democrap.

But  .   .   .
View Quote

While much truth - in my own case, this choice is meaningful. It's not going to change my vote - but on a freezing rain election day, I will make sure to get to the polls anyway if I can cast a vote for that ticket.
Link Posted: 5/12/2024 2:03:45 PM EDT
[Last Edit: VEPR39] [#7]
Originally Posted By atavistic:
Youngkin killed his shot with last Nov. election results.
View Quote

I don't think so.
That wasn't all his fault when the state is full of government  workers and , once again , the lazy assed gun guys stayed home.

Can't expect gun guys to turn out 2 elections in a row.
Link Posted: 5/12/2024 7:49:51 PM EDT
[#8]

But  .   .   .
View Quote

You have to be kidding - Youngkin is a globalist.  

Fox news loves Youngkin - that alone should be enough to know he is not a good guy.

Trump needs to pick someone that the deep state and media hate more than him.

Link Posted: 5/12/2024 7:59:11 PM EDT
[#9]

But  .   .   .
View Quote

Agreed that Trump can’t pick good people.

ND man is like Mike Pence but from ND. That is not learning anything from his mistakes.

He wants Ivanka. He could have had DeSantis. He might settle for Haley. And he will lose to a dementia patient with a running mate who can only suck dick to get anywhere.
Link Posted: 5/12/2024 8:01:40 PM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By Andrewsky:
No.

The problem with people from the Dakotas is that they are a little too soft, a little too bourgeois, tend to be alcoholics, etc.  They're isolated from the problems the majority of the country faces.
View Quote

Says the guy that won't list his location.

What a stupid view you have there.  The only problem with the Dakota's is Fargo and Sioux falls.  They are getting populated by far too many liberal cunts.
Link Posted: 5/12/2024 8:02:16 PM EDT
[#11]
No. Glad he won't be governor next election.

He's basically a touchy-feely social/agricultural/business welfare proponent. He built businesses and did well in the private sector so I give him that, but a stalwart bastion of liberty he isn't.
Link Posted: 5/12/2024 8:03:46 PM EDT
[#12]
Trump is gonna make him the Energy Secretary.
Link Posted: 5/12/2024 8:04:03 PM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By PeterPangenderPhD:

ND man is like Mike Pence but from ND. That is not learning anything from his mistakes.

He wants Ivanka. He could have had DeSantis. He might settle for Haley. And he will lose to a dementia patient with a running mate who can only suck dick to get anywhere.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

But  .   .   .

Burgum has been pretty good for ND.  I'm not sure he would do well in the cesspool that is Washington with all the floating turds in the .gov there.  

I don't think he's the flaky bitch pence has turned out to be.
Link Posted: 5/12/2024 8:07:01 PM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By mtnpatriot:
No. Glad he won't be governor next election.

He's basically a touchy-feely social/agricultural/business welfare proponent. He built businesses and did well in the private sector so I give him that, but a stalwart bastion of liberty he isn't.
View Quote

Bringing business and strengthening agriculture is not a bad thing.  But. You are correct.  The welfare attitude is not a good long term plan.  

I can't disagree.  That said he has done well considering.  I do think he should stick to the private sector once he is done.  

Link Posted: 5/12/2024 8:14:08 PM EDT
[#15]
Burgelum as VP might cost Trump my fote.  He is a snake in the grass.
Link Posted: 5/12/2024 8:18:22 PM EDT
[#16]
Trump really needs to check his ego
View Quote
Never gonna happen.  
Link Posted: 5/12/2024 8:45:19 PM EDT
[#17]
Fuck No. He's left of Trump
Link Posted: 5/12/2024 8:57:56 PM EDT
[#18]
Burgum sucks any enthusiasm out of the room, that guy is a monotone stick in the mud billionaire.

Not him and please God not Rubio, Tim Scott or JD Vance. Anyone has to be a better pick than those lack luster POS.

Link Posted: 5/12/2024 9:10:07 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Dragynn] [#19]
No.

View Quote

Oh fucking horseshit, the people in the Dakotas are some of the best people i've ever met in all my travels, this is real America, the way it was intended to be. You must be from some city in California.

Bourgeois, i'm too fucking sure. Commie noise that.
Link Posted: 5/12/2024 9:29:45 PM EDT
[#20]
I think Rubio will be VP nominee. Not perfect, but fills many holes.
Link Posted: 5/12/2024 9:49:22 PM EDT
[#21]
He signed a bill legalizing the trapping of river otters in his state. He's GTG in my book.
Link Posted: 5/12/2024 10:10:11 PM EDT
[#22]
He should pick Erik Prince, then resign.
Link Posted: 5/12/2024 10:17:58 PM EDT
[#23]
Originally Posted By lazyengineer:
This is my ultimate hope - and I didn't even dare to hope for it.  I literally was going to vote in the Primary in Texas for him; but he wasn't even on the primary ballot, so I said F'it and didn't even go.  He was by far my favorite most balanced most Constitutional most grounded candidate up there.  And nobody knew his name.  For Burgum to quietly get elected as VP, will put spring in my step going to polls to vote for JackAss - who I have no choice but to vote for now anyway.

View Quote

I had never heard of him before, but the more I hear him the saner and right he seems.
Good choice? Yes.
Is Scott or a female more strategic? Also yes.

Worst case, Burgum replaces the idiot there now as Sec Energy.
He seems like a squared away guy.
Link Posted: 5/12/2024 10:24:29 PM EDT
[#24]
Burgum is as charismatic as a pencil eraser.

He will be a cabinet member, not a VP.
Link Posted: 5/12/2024 10:26:09 PM EDT
[#25]
No.

View Quote

Soft? That’s a naïve take on the Dakotas. They’re as tough a bunch as anyone in the country.
Link Posted: 5/12/2024 10:55:48 PM EDT
[#26]
Originally Posted By gotigers:

View Quote

Sanders might be a good pick, and even a good Presidential candidate eventually. But after Palin and Harris I don't think we see a female VP for a while. Whoever Trump picks will be boring, probably not well known and hopefully we won't hear much from them during his term. I really hope it's not Rubio.
Link Posted: 5/12/2024 11:03:09 PM EDT
[#27]
Originally Posted By nvcdl:

Fox news loves Youngkin - that alone should be enough to know he is not a good guy.

View Quote
We get it you want a Trump jr who adds nothing to the ticket.
Link Posted: 5/12/2024 11:12:12 PM EDT
[#28]

But  .   .   .
View Quote

Which is 75% of the fucking job

Look at the suffering the dems have wrought with lunatics in high places. WTF are we anymore?
Link Posted: 5/12/2024 11:42:55 PM EDT
[#29]
Originally Posted By nvcdl:

View Quote

I don't watch fox news so I didn't know he is a globalist.
This is the first I've heard that.

People tried to label Scott Walker  a globalist too and I don't see that either.

He still needs a serious pick and Rubio nor DeSantis have any shot at '28.

Link Posted: 5/12/2024 11:58:39 PM EDT
[#30]
He needs to pick a woman VP,  the soccer mom's have not forgotten,  "grab them by the pussey", Stormy Danniels, the woman he supposedly rapped and the GOP hatred for abortion.  He needs a woman on the ticket to get some of the female vote.
Link Posted: 5/13/2024 12:00:58 AM EDT
[Last Edit: uncle_big_green] [#31]
Out of all the people running in the R primary, his policies and principles were and are the best.

The Orange Man should probably pick a woman.
Link Posted: 5/13/2024 12:05:10 AM EDT
[Last Edit: uncle_big_green] [#32]
Originally Posted By douglasmorris99:
Fuck No. He's left of Trump
View Quote

LOL

No.
Link Posted: 5/13/2024 12:10:14 AM EDT
[#33]

View Quote
Please God no. Women too often make decisions based on emotion instead of rational thought. Many are not capable of thinking rationally or logically about issues.
Link Posted: 5/13/2024 12:11:43 AM EDT
[#34]
Originally Posted By lazyengineer:

View Quote

I only know Burgum from maybe one debate appearance.  But this is about how I felt about him after that debate.
Link Posted: 5/13/2024 12:26:19 AM EDT
[#35]

But  .   .   .
View Quote

Youngkin has specifically distanced himself from Trump. I can't imagine it would help much.

Though the idea of picking someone from a swing state makes a lot of sense.
Link Posted: 5/13/2024 12:44:14 AM EDT
[#36]
I haven’t met the governor but I did live in North Dakota for six months last year. Awesome people and area and still talk to several almost every day. Anyone talking shit about NODAK people has never been there or is brain dead
Link Posted: 5/13/2024 1:16:23 AM EDT
[#37]
No.

View Quote
Lol, too soft? Sure .
Link Posted: 5/13/2024 2:40:15 AM EDT
[#38]
Originally Posted By Goodn:

What a stupid view you have there.  The only problem with the Dakota's is Fargo and Sioux falls.  They are getting populated by far too many liberal cunts.
View Quote
I mean they're fine states to live in, the people are too nice though.  You're not going to find the charismatic leadership we need to fix the country from there.
Link Posted: 5/13/2024 2:43:20 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Andrewsky] [#39]
Originally Posted By Dragynn:

Oh fucking horseshit, the people in the Dakotas are some of the best people i've ever met in all my travels, this is real America, the way it was intended to be. You must be from some city in California.

Bourgeois, i'm too fucking sure. Commie noise that.
View Quote
They're nice people, sure.  But they're not exposed to crime, illegals, and crackheads the way the rest of the country is.  The Republicans already give the democrats everything they want, we don't need more milquetoast Republicans.

"Nice, hardworking guy from North Dakota" is not a winning strategy

Link Posted: 5/13/2024 3:10:09 AM EDT
[#40]
Originally Posted By Springer09:
Lol, too soft? Sure .
View Quote
Getting into a Chevy Suburban in cold weather that turned on 20 minutes ago with Auto-Start does not make you hard.
Link Posted: 5/13/2024 3:14:11 AM EDT
[#41]

View Quote

FPNI. VP pick needs to be female. No, it won't cause women across the country to vote for him in droves, but it could be just enough to help tip some of the swing states in his favor.

Link Posted: 5/13/2024 5:52:39 AM EDT
[#42]
Originally Posted By MikeJGA:
He needs to pick a woman VP,  the soccer mom's have not forgotten,  "grab them by the pussey", Stormy Danniels, the woman he supposedly rapped and the GOP hatred for abortion.  He needs a woman on the ticket to get some of the female vote.
View Quote

Almost every Biden commercial here is about abortion.
Link Posted: 5/13/2024 5:59:16 AM EDT
[#43]

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

But  .   .   .

Subscribing to your newsletter.
Link Posted: 5/13/2024 6:34:01 AM EDT
[#44]
No.

View Quote

Do you even know anyone from the Dakotas?
Link Posted: 5/13/2024 6:36:19 AM EDT
[#45]
Originally Posted By Goodn:

View Quote

Conservatives are only now getting organized in Cass County. Liberals are far ahead
Link Posted: 5/13/2024 6:54:39 AM EDT
[#46]
He’s Pence 2.0
Link Posted: 5/13/2024 8:42:24 AM EDT
[#47]
Needs to be hispanic.
Link Posted: 5/13/2024 9:04:12 AM EDT
[#48]

But  .   .   .
View Quote
I agree with this
Link Posted: 5/13/2024 9:07:51 AM EDT
[#49]
I'd rather see that brown fella that doesn't eat meat.
Link Posted: 5/13/2024 9:49:16 AM EDT
[#50]
Originally Posted By Progun1911:
Burgum sucks any enthusiasm out of the room, that guy is a monotone stick in the mud billionaire.

Not him and please God not Rubio, Tim Scott or JD Vance. Anyone has to be a better pick than those lack luster POS.

View Quote

Given Trumps track record, people who have a political future aren’t going to get involved in his administration. Trumps VP pick is going to be someone who has reached the natural end of their political career and has to take a risk to keep going.

Burgum does fit that bill. He’s term limited out of being governor again. While he hasn’t done a bad job as governor he really hasn’t done anything noteworthy either. His 2024 presidential bid got almost no notice. Once he’s done as NDs governor, he’s done.

So Burgum trying to angle for the VP slot wouldnt surprise me.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top