Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 3/29/2024 7:59:32 PM EDT
[Last Edit: phungus]
NATO allies: War with Russia could come ‘very soon’

NATO faces a “pre-war era” in which “literally any scenario is possible” given the potential for aggression from Russia, according to Poland’s prime minister, the latest evidence that allies see a growing likelihood of major conflict.

“Literally any scenario is possible,” Polish Prime Minister Donald Tusk told a group of journalists in a newly-published interview. “I know it sounds devastating, especially to people of the younger generation, but we have to mentally get used to a new era. We are in a pre-war era. I don’t exaggerate. This is becoming more and more apparent every day.”

Tusk is the second senior politician from a NATO member-state to suggest that the alliance faces “a pre-war world,” as British Defense Secretary Grant Shapps likewise put it in a January speech. His urgent appeal adds a center-left voice to a chorus of Russia hawks typically populated by more conservative perspectives or the Baltic state leaders who feel acutely their vulnerability to Russia.

“But I would dare to say that it is only now, in the midst of this great war, that it has dawned on all NATO leaders and senior military leaders that all this may actually be needed very soon, that there is a real threat, a real military task, and that we must behave and act in such a way that this machinery, when it is needed, is ready,” Estonian Ambassador Jüri Luik, the Baltic ally’s envoy to NATO, told an Estonian outlet in an interview published Friday. “It seems to me that this final realization has come only after the aggression began.”

Russian President Vladimir Putin denies any intention to “fight NATO” in the event that the war in Ukraine ends with a Russian victory.

“The United States’s defense spending amounts to about 40% of the global figure, or more precisely, 39%, while Russia accounts for 3.5%,” Putin said Wednesday during a visit to a Russian air base. “Considering this difference, are we planning to fight NATO? This is nonsense. We are only defending our people on our historical territories. It is therefore complete nonsense when people say that we intend to attack Europe after Ukraine.”

Those statements are no consolation for Central and Eastern European leaders given that Putin and other Russian officials lied about their intent to attack Ukraine even in the weeks just prior to the full-scale invasion. And Baltic officials, especially, are conscious that Putin regards their countries as part of the historical Russian empire. The justification for the war in Ukraine, as Putin emphasized in June 2022, also “applies to Narva,” a city in Estonia where Tsar Peter the Great won a major battle in 1704.
Link Posted: 3/29/2024 8:00:48 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 3/29/2024 8:02:43 PM EDT
[#2]
Why do people think Russia can put up a fight? Lol. They can’t even beat Ukraine. There will be no war with Russia. Shit, our tranny military could’ve steam rolled them in a week apparently.
Link Posted: 3/29/2024 8:02:47 PM EDT
[#3]
Weak men, hard times.
Link Posted: 3/29/2024 8:05:08 PM EDT
[#4]
Red Dawn - Two toughest kids on the block
Link Posted: 3/29/2024 8:05:10 PM EDT
[#5]
That the same Russia that was going to steamroll Ukraine in a week?
Link Posted: 3/29/2024 8:06:03 PM EDT
[#6]
Europe knew WW1 was coming a decade or two before it happened. They just didn’t know what the trigger was going to be
Link Posted: 3/29/2024 8:07:41 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By davidb1982:
Why do people think Russia can put up a fight? Lol. They can’t even beat Ukraine. There will be no war with Russia. Shit, our tranny military could’ve steam rolled them in a week apparently.
View Quote

Who says it’s Russia pushing for this fight?

Link Posted: 3/29/2024 8:10:01 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By wingsnthings:
Weak men, hard times.
View Quote

Fourth turning, etc.
Link Posted: 3/29/2024 8:16:31 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 84bthomas] [#9]
Originally Posted By Blind_Squirrel:
Europe knew WW1 was coming a decade or two before it happened. They just didn’t know what the trigger was going to be
View Quote

We deserve it if some globalist ahole getting capped drags us into a war again
Link Posted: 3/29/2024 8:16:40 PM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By phungus:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By phungus:

You mean the drunken hillbillies of Asia who started a war to "eleminate Nazis and stop NATO's expansion" but have managed to grow NATO and run up 350,000 casualties in two years?

Predicting their end game can only be accomplished by visiting a shaman in the Amazon.
Link Posted: 3/29/2024 8:29:10 PM EDT
[#11]
The allies who are in violation of the agreement because they don't spend the agreed upon amount of their GDPs on defense? Those allies?
Link Posted: 3/29/2024 8:53:10 PM EDT
[#12]
Putin denies as absurd the thought of invading NATO, yet only a year or two ago his aides Lavrov and Medvedev threatened doing that very thing.

Link Posted: 3/29/2024 8:59:25 PM EDT
[#13]
Giving ATACMS to Ukraine no longer as risky, says Joint Chiefs chairman

Ukraine has been asking the United States for long-range ATACMS missiles since 2021, and the White House has consistently resisted, at least publicly. But the tide may be turning.

Thursday, Chairman of the Joint Chiefs Gen. C.Q. Brown, told reporters “the risk of escalation is not as high as maybe it was at the beginning.”
Link Posted: 3/29/2024 9:00:30 PM EDT
[#14]
Just like the ice age, global warming, the polar caps melting, sea level rise, and COVID killing half the Earth's population... 2 more weeks.
Link Posted: 3/29/2024 9:03:28 PM EDT
[#15]
I'm gonna get flamed for this but I just don't understand why they have such a hard on for Russia
Link Posted: 3/29/2024 9:09:12 PM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By right_rudder:
I'm gonna get flamed for this but I just don't understand why they have such a hard on for Russia
View Quote

I could speculate… but, I’m with you on this.
Link Posted: 3/29/2024 9:11:23 PM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By DVCER:
That the same Russia that was going to steamroll Ukraine in a week?
View Quote

But, the vast majority of western Europeans are fucking pussies, the Ukrainians have displayed a huge amount of testicular fortitude that simply doesn't exist in France or Germany any longer.

Without the US, western Europe rolls over in a month or less.
Link Posted: 3/29/2024 9:12:33 PM EDT
[Last Edit: tsg68] [#18]
Rattle those sabers all you NGO bribed shitbags, lol.  If McCain were still around he’d be screeching the loudest.
Link Posted: 3/29/2024 9:13:09 PM EDT
[#19]
View Quote

When the enemy is Russia it can’t be you own govt policies, especially in regards to immigration
Link Posted: 3/29/2024 9:17:03 PM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By Shung:

When the enemy is Russia it can't be you own govt policies, especially in regards to immigration
View Quote
That makes sense
Link Posted: 3/29/2024 9:19:52 PM EDT
[Last Edit: cancard] [#21]
View Quote

Distraction from China and as mentioned above, our own policies are the real enemy.

But yeah. I agree with you.

Link Posted: 3/29/2024 9:21:44 PM EDT
[#22]
I guess we Better let in another 20 million illegal "migrants" then.

Link Posted: 3/29/2024 9:25:03 PM EDT
[#23]
View Quote

Sometimes I wonder if people here are paid to shill it.

Meanwhile:...China is sitting back watching as we self destruct. Fentanyl is killing 10's of thousands a year, Chinese money buys our politicians, Chinese money funds the trans movement, Chinese money funds the pro-immigration/open borders movement, we go another trillion in debt every 100 days, and China is quietly acquiring and consolidating massive resources in Africa and elsewhere.

But please tell me how Russia is our #1 enemy, I would barely put them in the top 10 of USA's actual major threats or concerns, and they make that list only because of their nuclear arsenal.

Link Posted: 3/29/2024 9:33:34 PM EDT
[Last Edit: RhinelandArms] [#24]
View Quote

Its total bullshit the politicians are using to dupe the citizens.

If they were serious, they would be ramping up production and creating armies. Not one single EU country has even lifted a finger about any of that yet.

To put is even worse. The head of the entire fucking EU is Ursla-von-fuckface from Germany. Her only accomplishment and the one she bragged about was destroying Germanys military.  She is a full fledged commie.

I think its safe to say, the EU has bought less ammunition in the past year than the collective that makes up Arfcom. They are not going to go to war with anybody., they cant.
Link Posted: 3/29/2024 9:38:33 PM EDT
[#25]
Originally Posted By RhinelandArms:

If they were serious, they would be ramping up production and creating armies. Not one single EU country has even lifted a finger about any of that yet.

To put is even worse. The head of the entire fucking EU is Ursla-von-fuckface from Germany. Her only accomplishment and the one she bragged about was destroying Germanys military.  She is a full fledged commie.

I think its safe to say, the EU has bought less ammunition in the past year than the collective that makes up Arfcom.
View All Quotes

I think its safe to say, the EU has bought less ammunition in the past year than the collective that makes up Arfcom.

You haven’t been paying attention.

A whole bunch of NATO countries are going balls deep on production and procurement.

Poland is building a VERY impressive military. The Baltics are doing what they can with limited resources. Finland is buying F35s and asking for American basing.

Russia has managed to freak out most of their neighbors.
Link Posted: 3/29/2024 9:39:34 PM EDT
[#26]
Originally Posted By 762xIAN:

Meanwhile:...China is sitting back watching as we self destruct. Fentanyl is killing 10's of thousands a year, Chinese money buys our politicians, Chinese money funds the trans movement, Chinese money funds the pro-immigration/open borders movement, we go another trillion in debt every 100 days, and China is quietly acquiring and consolidating massive resources in Africa and elsewhere.

But please tell me how Russia is our #1 enemy, I would barely put them in the top 10 of USA's actual major threats or concerns, and they make that list only because of their nuclear arsenal.

View Quote

This.
Link Posted: 3/29/2024 9:40:20 PM EDT
[#27]
Originally Posted By Shung:

When the enemy is Russia it can’t be you own govt policies, especially in regards to immigration
View Quote

Good connection with the mass immigration cultists.

Maybe they want to kill two birds with one stone: Hasten the destruction of western euorpe and north america, and destroy the russian federation, unlocking siberia as a global warming promised land for migration.
Link Posted: 3/29/2024 9:40:54 PM EDT
[#28]
There will be no NATO war with russia if the US tells europe they are going to have to go it alone. Europe will never go to war without the US to do all the heavy work and a huge part of the financial spending and blood loss.
Link Posted: 3/29/2024 9:41:05 PM EDT
[Last Edit: RhinelandArms] [#29]
Poland started to do something, but not sure what this new govt will go.

I pay attention, the rest are all talk which is the only thing lower than at least lifting a finger.

Link Posted: 3/29/2024 9:41:26 PM EDT
[Last Edit: THOT_Vaccine] [#30]
Historically speaking, the French are the only ones that take war preparations seriously.  Everyone else will just wheedle and whinge until they start dying.

(I mean except of course Germany) They will likely pop out of a hole with Swiss made ICBMs and nerve gas.
Link Posted: 3/29/2024 9:42:09 PM EDT
[#31]

View All Quotes

We are being pitted against each other . While the rest of the world looks on . We are being played .
Link Posted: 3/29/2024 9:42:21 PM EDT
[#32]
Originally Posted By lokifox:

A whole bunch of NATO countries are going balls deep on production and procurement.

Poland is building a VERY impressive military. The Baltics are doing what they can with limited resources. Finland is buying F35s and asking for American basing.

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By lokifox:

Poland is one of the only countries worth a military shit in Europe nowadays.
Link Posted: 3/29/2024 9:43:38 PM EDT
[#33]
Poland is the only country actually doing something.

I pay attention, the rest are all talk which is the only thing lower than at least lifting a finger.

View Quote

I would say Finland takes it seriously as well, along with the Baltics. It seems that proximity to Russia makes people serious about national defense.
Link Posted: 3/29/2024 9:45:11 PM EDT
[#34]
View Quote

Russia isn't fighting ukraine, they are fighting your country & ukraine...
Link Posted: 3/29/2024 9:46:45 PM EDT
[Last Edit: OCW] [#35]
Originally Posted By fxntime:

View Quote

Global Firepower Eurotrash Military Ranking 2024
Link Posted: 3/29/2024 9:58:28 PM EDT
[#36]
There is not going to be a war between NATO and Russia.  Period.  Full Stop.   The only war that would ever be between the two would be Nuclear.   Frankly I don't care if the entire lot of us on this planet are vaporized or not.  My personal belief is it is long past time that God started over with something better than us.   Yes this site and those of us on it is a speck of dust in the grand scheme of things.  But look at how many people on here "get off" watching people die.   And I don't doubt a second many of them are jerking off watching that stuff.   What does that say about humanity?  No matter how small a % it is represented on here.  

Humans treat each other worse than animals treat each other.    We have all outlived our usefulness.   Have a nice day.  
Link Posted: 3/29/2024 10:00:02 PM EDT
[#37]

View Quote

Good thing the adults are back in charge!
Link Posted: 3/29/2024 10:20:59 PM EDT
[#38]

View Quote
This is exactly where I'm at.

seems to me, FJB is bought and paid for by China.
Russia is either just a convenient distraction OR a continuation of Hillary's BS to try to get elected (that in fact, was a distraction from her email server shit).

I have no doubt that Ukraine also has their teeth into FJB as evidenced by the second impeachment just because of a supposed phone call.

All the while, China is preparing for the coming war.

1) relaxed trade agreements compared to Trump
2) spy balloons allowed to transverse the country
3) unimpeded landing of Chinese forces
4) purchase and set up of FOBs within the country
5) uncontrolled fentanyl poisoning of the population

All the while the governments of most western countries are dry heaving about Russia that can't even break it off in their next door neighbor that has 1 tenth the ground forces.
Link Posted: 3/29/2024 10:26:39 PM EDT
[#39]
Russia will use nukes before they allow defeat on their doorstep of one of their rebel states. Putin has already said that.

They have over 3000 nukes. If only 1/2 of them launch due to age then that's 1500 nukes heading for Europe and the US. If we shoot down 1/2 of them then over 700 make it to target and each of those carry 12-15 warheads each of which are about 100 times stronger than the nukes dropped on Japan.

So for those cheerleading a possible nuclear war keep in mind that everything and everyone you know will be vaporized and those will be the lucky ones.
Link Posted: 3/29/2024 10:54:03 PM EDT
[#40]

Why is NATO going to war over a non NATO nation?
Link Posted: 3/29/2024 10:55:23 PM EDT
[#41]
Originally Posted By _DR:

Why is NATO going to war over a non NATO nation?
View Quote

Because they’re catching heat for encouraging it.
Link Posted: 3/29/2024 10:56:53 PM EDT
[#42]
View Quote

Your avatar is Cucker Carlson, so that makes sense.
Link Posted: 3/29/2024 10:57:04 PM EDT
[#43]
Originally Posted By 210grum:

Good thing the adults are back in charge!
View Quote

The adult diapers are back in charge…the media left that word out.
Link Posted: 3/29/2024 10:57:39 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Riter] [#44]
View Quote

Globalists want war:

1) Hide economic woes (fiat is dying) (sustain the fractional reserve banking system's brrrrrrrrrrr! and its fiat currency)
2) Impose repressive laws to suppor the war effort
3) Depopulation
4) Git rich at our expense!
Link Posted: 3/29/2024 10:59:40 PM EDT
[Last Edit: tsg68] [#45]
Originally Posted By fxntime:

View Quote

Except our ambassador to Poland is the son of one of the biggest globalist shills and Russia warhawks to have ever walked the planet, Zbiggy Brzezinski.
Link Posted: 3/29/2024 11:01:16 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 9divdoc] [#46]
No doubt they'll get what they want...

Out of Chaos...Order

Global problems need global solutions...

Which is why the solutions were dreamed up first and then the problems that lead to those solutions was dreamed next...

Thesis Antithesis Synthesis
Link Posted: 3/29/2024 11:17:05 PM EDT
[#47]
Maybe they will actually spend what is required to be a part of NATO but I won't hold my breath.
Link Posted: 3/29/2024 11:18:29 PM EDT
[#48]
''WAR PIGS'' - SAMANTHA FISH BAND, Jan 31, 2014
Link Posted: 3/29/2024 11:21:52 PM EDT
[#49]
Round up all the illegals.
Send them to ukraine to fight the russians.

Kill two birds with one stone.  

Link Posted: 3/29/2024 11:26:35 PM EDT
[#50]
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top