Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 5
Posted: 3/27/2024 7:36:48 AM EDT
"Most Terrifying Poll Result I’ve Ever Seen": Scott Rasmussen Surveys America’s Elite 1%

When veteran pollster Scott Rasmussen surveyed a group of Americans he calls the elite 1% earlier this year, he discovered a startling number who say it’s OK to win an election by cheating.

The elite 1%—individuals who make over $150,000 a year, live in densely populated areas, and have postgraduate degrees—are overwhelmingly liberal. They give President Joe Biden an 82% approval rating, compared to his 40% average from the rest of Americans.

Rasmussen asked these liberal voters: “Suppose that your favorite candidate loses a close election. However, people on the campaign know that they can win by cheating without being caught. Would you rather have your candidate win by cheating or lose by playing fair?”

Among all Americans, just 7% said they would want their candidate to win by cheating. But that number rose to 35% among the elite 1% and skyrocketed to 69% among those who are part of the politically obsessed 1%, meaning they talk about politics every day.

“I’ve been polling for a very long time and the last finding is the most terrifying poll result I’ve ever seen,” Rasmussen told The Daily Signal.

Rasmussen spoke to “The Daily Signal Podcast” about his findings and his upcoming plans for a weekly TV show.
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 7:40:14 AM EDT
[#1]
Over $150,000 a year is the elite?
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 7:40:25 AM EDT
[#2]
Originally Posted By DaGoose:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qng4jqdgfDw

When veteran pollster Scott Rasmussen surveyed a group of Americans he calls the elite 1% earlier this year, he discovered a startling number who say it’s OK to win an election by cheating.

The elite 1%—individuals who make over $150,000 a year, live in densely populated areas, and have postgraduate degrees—are overwhelmingly liberal. They give President Joe Biden an 82% approval rating, compared to his 40% average from the rest of Americans.

Rasmussen asked these liberal voters: “Suppose that your favorite candidate loses a close election. However, people on the campaign know that they can win by cheating without being caught. Would you rather have your candidate win by cheating or lose by playing fair?”

Among all Americans, just 7% said they would want their candidate to win by cheating. But that number rose to 35% among the elite 1% and skyrocketed to 69% among those who are part of the politically obsessed 1%, meaning they talk about politics every day.

“I’ve been polling for a very long time and the last finding is the most terrifying poll result I’ve ever seen,” Rasmussen told The Daily Signal.

Rasmussen spoke to “The Daily Signal Podcast” about his findings and his upcoming plans for a weekly TV show.
View Quote

the 40% number is more concerning. thats 40% who approve it, and when you add that to the number who refuse to acknowledge it when it happens - due to normalcy bias, fear of reality, or whatever - thats all it takes for a stolen election to slide by. i'm looking at you 2020
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 7:42:52 AM EDT
[Last Edit: jerrwhy01] [#3]
I’m one of the elites, I’m one of the elites, I’m one of the elites, I’m one of the elites, I’m one of the elites, I’m one of the elites, I’m one of the elites, I’m one of the elites, I’m one of the elites, I’m one of the elites, I’m one of the elites, I’m one of the elites, I’m one of the elites, I’m one of the elites, I’m one of the elites, I’m one of the elites, I’m one of the elites, I’m one of the elites, I’m one of the elites, I’m one of the elites, I’m one of the elites, I’m one of the elites,I’m one of the elites, I’m one of the elites, I’m one of the elites, I’m one of the elites, I’m one of the elites, I’m one of the elites, I’m one of the elites, I’m one of the elites, I’m one of the elites, I’m one of the elites, I’m one of the elites, I’m one of the elites, I’m one of the elites, I’m one of the elites, I’m one of the elites, I’m one of the elites, I’m one of the elites, I’m one of the elites, I’m one of the elites, I’m one of the elites, I’m one of the elites, I’m one of the elites, I’m one of the elites, I’m one of the elites, I’m one of the elites, I’m one of the elites, I’m one of the elites, I’m one of the elites,I’m one of the elites, I’m one of the elites, I’m one of the elites, I’m one of the elites, I’m one of the elites, I’m one of the elites, I’m one of the elites, I’m one of the elites, I’m one of the elites, I’m one of the elites, I’m one of the elites, I’m one of the elites, I’m one of the elites, I’m one of the elites, I’m one of the elites, I’m one of the elites, I’m one of the elites, I’m one of the elites, I’m one of the elites, I’m one of the elites, I’m one of the elites, I’m one of the elites, I’m one of the elites, I’m one of the elites, I’m one of the elites, I’m one of the elites, I’m one of the elites, I’m one of the elites,I’m one of the elites, I’m one of the elites, I’m one of the elites, I’m one of the elites, I’m one of the elites, I’m one of the elites,

Link Posted: 3/27/2024 7:43:04 AM EDT
[#4]
Nothing has changed, it's just that the veil is lifting so it's becoming more obvious how things really work.

Link Posted: 3/27/2024 7:44:28 AM EDT
[#5]
Sounds to me like that 1% is just honest.

Nobody thinks the other team is anything but bad for them and politics generally has tangible downstream effects on everyone. Looking out for your own interests is natural and normal, and wanting to win something like that is hardly unusual- people don't just shrug their shoulders and go away when they lose contentious elections.

Besides, nobody believes our government bureaucracy or elections are on the level anyway.
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 7:45:17 AM EDT
[#6]
I do not believe I’m the only conservative who still believes that taking the high road, playing by the “rules”, trusting the process and moral victory is still a victory (even though it means nothing).  

I’m coming around to fight fire with fire mentality.
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 7:47:11 AM EDT
[#7]
I'm surprised $150K is all it takes to be a 1%er.  I'm also surprised only 7% of 99%ers would cheat to win.
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 7:47:37 AM EDT
[#8]
Considering that it’s elitists that own and set up the mechanisms for cheating, that write the books on coups and “regime change” why is anyone surprised or “terrified “?
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 7:48:58 AM EDT
[#9]
It is liberals that are fine with it, has nothing to do with income.
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 7:49:05 AM EDT
[Last Edit: tsg68] [#10]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Echd:

Nobody thinks the other team is anything but bad for them and politics generally has tangible downstream effects on everyone. Looking out for your own interests is natural and normal, and wanting to win something like that is hardly unusual- people don't just shrug their shoulders and go away when they lose contentious elections.

Besides, nobody believes our government bureaucracy or elections are on the level anyway.
View Quote

Except they vote for those that hurt their own interests.  People here vote for Democrats then complain that their taxes went up…
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 7:49:24 AM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By Steamedliver:
I do not believe I’m the only conservative who still believes that taking the high road, playing by the “rules”, trusting the process and moral victory is still a victory (even though it means nothing).  

View Quote

Ditto.  I continue to fight off "coming around", but it is more and more tempting all the time.
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 7:51:47 AM EDT
[#12]
High income urban college educated people are the “ elite “ 1% ? So , if you only meet 1 of the criteria does that mean you still get to call yourself “ elite “ ? Asking for a friend…
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 7:51:58 AM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By sitdwnandhngon:
View Quote

Op is referring to idiots with college degrees that are highly paid .. my plumber makes 250k + a year ..
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 7:54:11 AM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 7:55:28 AM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 7:56:07 AM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By Malhass:

Op is referring to idiots with college degrees that are highly paid .. my plumber makes 250k + a year ..
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Malhass:

The definition was in the first post.

The elite 1%—individuals who make over $150,000 a year, live in densely populated areas, and have postgraduate degrees
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 7:59:14 AM EDT
[#17]
I'm far from elite, by any definition.
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 8:01:33 AM EDT
[#18]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qng4jqdgfDw

The elite 1%—individuals who make over $150,000 a year, live in densely populated areas, and have postgraduate degrees—are overwhelmingly liberal. They give President Joe Biden an 82% approval rating,
View Quote

Right here shows you the liberal indoctrination is working.  

These are the people you would think are smart and educated, and as such would see through the smokescreen that FJB has been an objectively terrible president.
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 8:02:02 AM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By Buckshot4U:

Ditto.  I continue to fight off "coming around", but it is more and more tempting all the time.
View All Quotes

I got SLAMMED here about ten years ago for saying the Repubs needed to get in the ditches and fight dirtier than the Dems. They didn't and here we are.
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 8:08:01 AM EDT
[Last Edit: JustDaniel] [#20]
The elite 1%—individuals who make over $150,000 a year,
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 8:09:32 AM EDT
[#21]
The PDF results has a lot more crazy results.

For example.

Link Posted: 3/27/2024 8:10:08 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Crazyascanbe] [#22]
I would reply to this but I don't reply back to the peasants of this site with me being one of the elite.

Bow before me

BRB, have to go to work now
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 8:11:16 AM EDT
[#23]
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By JustDaniel:
The elite 1%—individuals who make over $150,000 a year,

/media/mediaFiles/sharedAlbum/n725075089_288918_2774-532.jpg

You cut off the rest of the definition.
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 8:13:22 AM EDT
[#24]
My brother in law is jut like this. He makes a little over a million a year and says he has no problem with ballot stuffing and other means of cheating at elections as long as it keeps Trump and other conservatives out of office. He also freely admits he sees nothing wrong with using lawfare against trump and his supporters.
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 8:13:31 AM EDT
[#25]
Doubt.
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 8:14:06 AM EDT
[#26]
I'm surprised $150K is all it takes to be a 1%er.  I'm also surprised only 7% of 99%ers would cheat to win.
View Quote

Yea when people talk about they 1% what they are actually telling you is they’re retarded.

Any sort of extraordinary level of influence is probably  occurring more at the .0001% or something.
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 8:14:46 AM EDT
[#27]
Originally Posted By SoonerBorn:
It is liberals that are fine with it, has nothing to do with income.
View Quote

This is the truth.
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 8:19:10 AM EDT
[#28]
In a functional republic cheating would bother me.

In our current system I’m bothered enough by the existence of millions of communists that *how* they win doesn’t matter much relative to the mere fact that they’re allowed to play the game.

*shrug*
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 8:20:22 AM EDT
[#29]
View Quote

Sure, in Rwanda.

Link Posted: 3/27/2024 8:22:51 AM EDT
[#30]
Originally Posted By Echd:

View Quote

Thread title and your first line are off 180 degrees.
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 8:26:10 AM EDT
[#31]
Originally Posted By Gator:

Right here shows you the liberal indoctrination is working.  

These are the people you would think are smart and educated, and as such would see through the smokescreen that FJB has been an objectively terrible president.
View Quote

I believe almost all of them know he is incompetent, but they support Party over Country.

Single issue people are just as idiotic, regardless of how many degrees, if any.
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 8:28:07 AM EDT
[#32]
Originally Posted By ACEB36TC:

I got SLAMMED here about ten years ago for saying the Repubs needed to get in the ditches and fight dirtier than the Dems. They didn't and here we are.
View Quote

We are at War. You fight wars to win.
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 8:31:00 AM EDT
[#33]

View Quote

Your coming around?  I am already there!       respect
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 8:33:23 AM EDT
[#34]

For example.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/231492/Capture_PNG-3170725.png
View Quote

You call this crazy but, it's not. Banning all of those things won't have any affect at all on the truly elite.

They don't go to the grocery store. They don't visit the urgent care clinic. They don't stand in line at the DMV for the car tag, etc.  

Their rules are different. The world of the elite vs. the average working person are so different it's not worth comparing.
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 8:34:40 AM EDT
[#35]
View Quote

"Math is Racist".
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 8:35:45 AM EDT
[#36]
View Quote

They polled the average member of GD. They were all really good looking and in great physical condition, too.
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 8:37:37 AM EDT
[#37]
Not surprising.  And the more I see from America's wealthy elite nowadays the more I understand why French peasants sent rich people to the guillotines.
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 8:38:59 AM EDT
[#38]
Originally Posted By macros73:

They polled the average member of GD. They were all really good looking and in great physical condition, too.
View Quote
Not quite; I don't think they controlled for penis size, so most of the respondents in this poll are less than 8" long.
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 8:39:52 AM EDT
[#39]
In a communist country, the ruling elites tear each other apart - now if we can just get those communist elites to tear each other apart, whilst leaving the rest of us, and our freedoms, alone…
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 8:40:35 AM EDT
[Last Edit: jb1001] [#40]
I have to imagine that anyone who is "elite" isn't participating in a stupid survey like this.
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 8:40:39 AM EDT
[#41]

View All Quotes

It aint easy … actually it is .
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 8:40:52 AM EDT
[#42]

For example.

View Quote

But, the “Elites” have control of the Administrative State and are eliminating all those things via unconstitutional (IMO) regulatory lawmaking.

It matters not what the 99% think. They have no power.
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 8:42:33 AM EDT
[#43]
150k/year is not the top 1%.
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 8:42:49 AM EDT
[#44]
View Quote

What do you think the median household income is in America?

Hint: about $75,000.

So typically in these households two such earners puts the household at ~$300,000.

That is at the right hand of the bell curve, so "elite".
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 8:43:06 AM EDT
[#45]
The democrat party is where the 1% live, thrive, breed and generally go about their dastardly deeds which mostly involve enriching themselves and their friends and fucking the rest of us over.
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 8:43:28 AM EDT
[#46]
Originally Posted By GarandM1:
Not surprising.  And the more I see from America's wealthy elite nowadays the more I understand why French peasants sent rich people to the guillotines.
View Quote

This. Make guillotines great again!
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 8:44:10 AM EDT
[#47]
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 8:46:27 AM EDT
[#48]
Originally Posted By new_RRA_user:

So typically in these households two such earners puts the household at ~$300,000.

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By new_RRA_user:

Now do dense urban areas.
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 8:46:29 AM EDT
[#49]
"Elite 1%" make over $150k/yr?

I'm like a comfortable upper middle class with two family incomes making that. Most of my neighbors have household incomes of 250-350k/yr. I don't think the folks driving Hondas, Toyota, and the odd Acura/Lexus are going to be claiming elite status.
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 8:53:28 AM EDT
[#50]

For example.

View Quote

Only banning these things for the poors. They will pay the Kerry carbon tax to continue their lifestyle.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top