Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/28/2024 2:38:43 PM EDT
1st PCC w.507Comp - USPSA Ontelaunee March 2024 Full Match - Free State Bumming Free Mags

Love doing this type of stuff! I can’t wait to do a little more 3 gun this year
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 3:56:05 PM EDT
[#1]
That looks like a lot of fun. I keep saying I need to start competing and never actually do it.

Random question, why do you have an offset RDS if your primary optic is also a micro RDS?
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 3:59:57 PM EDT
[#2]
Never shot a match like that, but that is pretty impressive!
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 4:03:47 PM EDT
[#3]
Fast
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 4:04:39 PM EDT
[#4]
Gotta stay in shape
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 4:16:40 PM EDT
[#5]
Nice to be able to shoot a 32 round field course, never reload, and have plenty for makeup shots.
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 5:46:10 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By fnforme:
That looks like a lot of fun. I keep saying I need to start competing and never actually do it.

Random question, why do you have an offset RDS if your primary optic is also a micro RDS?
View Quote

You should try it once and let people know you’re new to it! And the extra dot is for hard left leans with the rifle so you don’t accidentally shoot the barricades. I should’ve used it at least twice this match

Originally Posted By NotMrWizard:
Never shot a match like that, but that is pretty impressive!
View Quote

Thank you 🙏

Originally Posted By Superluckycat:
Nice to be able to shoot a 32 round field course, never reload, and have plenty for makeup shots.
View Quote

Heheh it is. I am actually in a ban state so I have to borrow mags. I normally reload after 10 rounds - here’s an example of my normal matches when not out of state (4 months ago and wasn’t my best match):
PCC - 1st Overall - Central Jersey Rifle & Pistol Club (CJRPC) November 2023 Match

Link Posted: 3/28/2024 6:10:25 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Superluckycat:
View Quote

@superluckycat
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 8:37:44 PM EDT
[#8]
I have to get an open gun so I can shoot just as fast but get more points with 30rd mags
Link Posted: 3/29/2024 10:00:42 AM EDT
[#9]
Here’s some knockdown with low cap mags

1st Overall PCC w.507Comp, 2/53 Walther PPQ Steel Frame w.507Comp - Old Bridge Knockdown Steel Feb24
Link Posted: 3/29/2024 12:13:45 PM EDT
[#10]
It’s fun, it typically instills some bad habits too.

I got DQ’s for doing SUL because I wasn’t pointing at the target, when I was supposed to move rear. Then I got kicked out because I did SUL moving to the left. It’s fine, their rules.

Then there is the automatic habit people develop of clearing their gun, which is bad.

But, it is really fun. We do it as a group with big boy rules, not every range make that possible.

Hey! It beats the indoor range expert who just drills a target 7-10yds away and thinks they are John Wick!
Link Posted: 3/30/2024 12:06:33 AM EDT
[#11]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Pallas:
It’s fun, it typically instills some bad habits too.

I got DQ’s for doing SUL because I wasn’t pointing at the target, when I was supposed to move rear. Then I got kicked out because I did SUL moving to the left. It’s fine, their rules.

Then there is the automatic habit people develop of clearing their gun, which is bad.

But, it is really fun. We do it as a group with big boy rules, not every range make that possible.

Hey! It beats the indoor range expert who just drills a target 7-10yds away and thinks they are John Wick!
View Quote

I mean the habits are different on the scenario in my mind… clearing the gun happens on command only, and keeping the gun down range only matters in retreating stages
Link Posted: 3/30/2024 12:17:03 AM EDT
[#12]
What gun OP?   I’m watching on my phone so can’t tell.  

That’s some pretty nice shooting.  

It’s been a couple years but enjoyed shooting 3-gun at my brother’s gun club.  It’s great practice and an excellent teacher when you have to clear a malfunction or lose track of round count and pull a trigger on an empty chamber.  Even better if someone takes video so you can see your mistakes.
Link Posted: 3/30/2024 12:41:29 AM EDT
[#13]
Thank you! And it’s a home assembled PCC; mix of all sorts of parts… and yeah 3 gun keeps you on your toes in a lot of ways it’s awesome
Link Posted: 3/30/2024 1:00:16 AM EDT
[#14]
I friggin LOVE PCC.  I just signed up,to shoot the AZ state championship,  I can't wait!
Link Posted: 3/30/2024 1:20:51 AM EDT
[#15]
Great shooting OP.  It's nice to see a training thread on here.  This site is turning into the MSN gun channel!!  Your videos are a breath of fresh air.  Thank you.
Link Posted: 3/30/2024 9:58:11 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 42ATK] [#16]
Originally Posted By el_hombre:
I friggin LOVE PCC.  I just signed up,to shoot the AZ state championship,  I can't wait!
View Quote

Hell ya! This is my first year of a ton of majors - I’m excited to run through s ton of matches. When is the AZ State championship?

Originally Posted By coralreefer:
Great shooting OP.  It's nice to see a training thread on here.  This site is turning into the MSN gun channel!!  Your videos are a breath of fresh air.  Thank you.
View Quote

🙏🙏 I appreciate the kind words! Thank you. I figure if I can shoot and manipulate firearms well under pressure I’ll be in great shape mechanically for anything. Also I need to get some 3 gun matches in. Now I just need to finally lose all the weight I gained during COVID and keep it off 😂
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top