Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/12/2024 11:40:13 AM EDT
I’m building a shop and want to rough in for a mini split. My plan is to install the unit later cause I don’t the money to due it now. Is it a standard 1/4” & 3/8” line set for the ms? Thanks.
Link Posted: 5/12/2024 11:55:13 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Plasticseng] [#1]
If it's anything like the Mr. Cool unit I put in my shop, there's nothing to rough in.  You screw a plate to the wall (into a stud) and cut one hole with a hole saw for the line-set.  Everything is on the surface.  

Not my picture, but it illustrates the concept.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/12/2024 3:15:32 PM EDT
[#2]
Linesets come pre flared so allow for the fittings.

Personally I’d do a 4” plastic electrical conduit.

You never know what else you may want to route outdoors over the years.
Link Posted: 5/12/2024 3:17:48 PM EDT
[#3]
The mr.cool comes with a plastic conduit sleeve that passes through the wall
Link Posted: 5/12/2024 3:19:40 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Muricha:
Linesets come pre flared so allow for the fittings.

Personally I’d do a 4” plastic electrical conduit.

You never know what else you may want to route outdoors over the years.
View Quote

Add a 10-2 dedicated circuit outside where the condenser would go and your set for a pretty good sized mini split.
Link Posted: 5/12/2024 3:33:44 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 5/12/2024 3:38:10 PM EDT
[#6]
Run your electrical. Mine required double pole 20 for 2 tons, so nothing too fancy.
Link Posted: 5/12/2024 3:43:47 PM EDT
[#7]
Depends on the size of the unit. The bigger they are the bigger the lineset. Just look up which one you want and get the specs and dimensions for the wall exit.
Link Posted: 5/12/2024 3:44:55 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By Brassrainbows:
I’m building a shop and want to rough in for a mini split. My plan is to install the unit later cause I don’t the money to due it now. Is it a standard 1/4” & 3/8” line set for the ms? Thanks.
View Quote

To answer your question, line set size depends on the unit. I wouldn't run any copper until you have the unit on hand and can check literature on it.

Link Posted: 5/12/2024 3:48:04 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Palm] [#9]
Pull down the installation drawing for the mini split you plan to buy. There will be a section that deals with ruff-in requirements and dimensions.
Top Top