Site Notices
Mazda 2024 RX9 (Page 3 of 3)
Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 8:42:52 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Into_the_Void:
That is one of the most beautiful cars I've ever laid my eyes on.

I see bits of MB SLS and DB9.
View Quote

That is 100% accurate.  Stunning car
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 8:46:27 AM EDT
[#2]
Originally Posted By 2JokersWild:
Because you dont have to work on a rotary. They are bulletproof. Dare I say, magical even?!
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By 2JokersWild:
Originally Posted By Emoto:
Try finding anyone who will work on a rotary engine Mazda.
Because you dont have to work on a rotary. They are bulletproof. Dare I say, magical even?!

A guy I worked with had an early 1980’s RX7 and that rotary engine ran like a well oiled sewing machine
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 9:56:23 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 9:57:51 AM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By Quintin:
That's a concept, but man, is it sexy.

Mazda gets overshadowed by Honda and Toyota because those guys generally make better appliances than Mazda does. But you gotta respect Mazda for the things they've done in thinking outside the box and designing and building cars for the enthusiast.
View Quote

Beyond the obvious Miata (MX5) which has a cult following.  ALL of Mazda's current offerings have a Midas touch with regard to styling.  They really do have a good grasp of proportions and overall design that works right now.
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 3:13:12 PM EDT
[#5]

Mazda gets overshadowed by Honda and Toyota because those guys generally make better appliances than Mazda does. But you gotta respect Mazda for the things they've done in thinking outside the box and designing and building cars for the enthusiast.
View Quote

Their boxes are pretty good too. Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 3:17:32 PM EDT
[#6]
OP needs to change the bs title
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 3:27:46 PM EDT
[Last Edit: tifosi] [#7]
Of course they'll never make it, just leave us all with blue balls, like every great concept car.

But since we're jerking off over cars nobody will ever make, can I get this with a twin-turbo V6 please?? Something around 450 hp?

Link Posted: 3/28/2024 11:32:56 PM EDT
[#8]
Japan has been kicking some ass lately, and many seem to be fighting the EV's a little bit.

It's nice to see car makers at least enjoying their craft.

Hope it's made, but I really doubt it.
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 11:35:49 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By gtsteve03:

The diesel only failed spectacularly because of the fucking EPA and all the shit diesels have to go through here. The diesel CX5 is just fine in places like Australia.
View Quote

Just like every other single diesel made since all the mandated EPA bullshit that doesn't work.

In Europe there are Diesels all over the place, and those tree huggers over there love them, but here, oh no we can't have efficient vehicles, how in the blue fuck would we control people like that.
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 11:36:29 PM EDT
[#10]
Love it
Link Posted: 3/29/2024 12:33:40 AM EDT
[#11]
Mazda RX9 ?
Please: Tell me they put an L33  Aluminum 5.3 LS motor and a six speed manual in it... 'cause that would be cool.
Link Posted: 3/29/2024 1:03:58 AM EDT
[#12]
Hot damn. That’s sexy.
Link Posted: 3/29/2024 7:04:51 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Alacrity] [#13]
Originally Posted By zukguy:

Just like every other single diesel made since all the mandated EPA bullshit that doesn't work.

In Europe there are Diesels all over the place, and those tree huggers over there love them, but here, oh no we can't have efficient vehicles, how in the blue fuck would we control people like that.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By zukguy:
Originally Posted By gtsteve03:

The diesel only failed spectacularly because of the fucking EPA and all the shit diesels have to go through here. The diesel CX5 is just fine in places like Australia.

Diesel were 3% in 1990. Over 70% in a few countries in mid 2000s. Now 14% and falling. Less than EVs in many.

They worked, and were attractive because they worked, because everyone was cheating, not just VW and not just the in US. Earlier today.

Attachment Attached File

https://www.dw.com/en/german-court-rules-mercedes-knew-about-cheat-devices/a-68691577

Once discovered, and explaining the shit smog that made a comeback in many Euro cities with high concentration of defeated diesels, mfgs had to make changes. Mostly because many execs had threat of personal criminal prosecution (about a dozen at VAG have spent time in jail) and huge fines. Those changes made diesels less attractive as in the States. That coupled with environmental concerns, born out by experiencing actual pollution (some cheats allowed huge increases) has pushed European buyers, and mfgs, away from diesel. We're probably heading back to 1990.

Link Posted: 3/29/2024 8:28:03 AM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By Positronic:
Mazda RX9 ?
Please: Tell me they put an L33  Aluminum 5.3 LS motor and a six speed manual in it... 'cause that would be cool.
View Quote

that would not be an rx anything. rx=rotary experiment. go buy some white new balance, jorts and a vette (poor mans ferrari)
Link Posted: 3/29/2024 8:30:40 AM EDT
[#15]
Very AMG. Looks cool. Really hard to believe the rotary is coming back given all the government bullshit.
Link Posted: 3/29/2024 8:53:30 AM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By midcap:

With direct injection they more than likely can now
View Quote

Nah.  They lose too much energy out the exhaust, hence the poor economy.  The only only thing the rotary has going for it is the power:weight ratio.   Which is why it was/is used on the army’s premier ISR UAV.
Link Posted: 3/29/2024 9:52:58 AM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By AnthonyRSS:

Nah.  They lose too much energy out the exhaust, hence the poor economy.  The only only thing the rotary has going for it is the power:weight ratio.   Which is why it was/is used on the army’s premier ISR UAV.
View Quote

Power to weight at a specific RPM and load.  Which is why it works in a UAV and also why there's interest in gasoline/hybrid rotary engines used as a generator.  In that environment the rotary is used at a fixed RPM to generate electricity efficiently.
Link Posted: 3/29/2024 9:56:51 AM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 3/29/2024 9:57:07 AM EDT
[#19]
it's  FAKE............
Link Posted: 3/29/2024 9:58:00 AM EDT
[#20]
Is the yellow one the presumed production version? That's gorgeous.
Link Posted: 3/29/2024 9:59:01 AM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By RayFromJersey:
Yes, that red one is a pic of their 2016 concept lol.

The yellow one if a fake AI generated pic.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By mcantu:
Calm down. That's a concept car that's been around for at least 5 years

You make me sad.
Link Posted: 3/29/2024 10:03:51 AM EDT
[#22]
Originally Posted By Alacrity:

The rumors all conflict here. RWD on Large Product Platform - like 4 years ago. Latest, Chinese EV based on a Changan Mazda platform.

Doubt it's coming back. Best chance is a EV tying in CDM, EU and the States somehow. There's some indication of the with the 6e trade name registered in EU the online rags have reported last week.

Sales for sedans haven't lit anything on fire, 6 was no different. Did better in China than where the other markets after intro there late in the Gen 3 run,  but it's never been a hit.

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Silverbulletz06:
Don't forget that mazda has been working on their new 6 for like 8+ years and their diesel failed spectacularly.

The rumors all conflict here. RWD on Large Product Platform - like 4 years ago. Latest, Chinese EV based on a Changan Mazda platform.

Doubt it's coming back. Best chance is a EV tying in CDM, EU and the States somehow. There's some indication of the with the 6e trade name registered in EU the online rags have reported last week.

Sales for sedans haven't lit anything on fire, 6 was no different. Did better in China than where the other markets after intro there late in the Gen 3 run,  but it's never been a hit.

Mazda should make a rwd coupe version of the 6, using the tt i6. It could be the miata's big brother. They could even call it an mx6.
Link Posted: 3/29/2024 10:04:33 AM EDT
[#23]
Originally Posted By LoBrau:

You make me sad.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By mcantu:
Calm down. That's a concept car that's been around for at least 5 years

You make me sad.

It's been made clear a half dozen times in the thread. OP should feel bad making it appear it's imminent. My money, neither the RX nor a rotary in a Mazda sport car is coming.

Toyota didn't adopt the Inline 6's for Lexus and that has hampered much financially.

Link Posted: 3/29/2024 10:20:13 AM EDT
[#24]

Mazda should make a rwd coupe version of the 6, using the tt i6. It could be the miata's big brother. They could even call it an mx6.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Silverbulletz06:
Don't forget that mazda has been working on their new 6 for like 8+ years and their diesel failed spectacularly.

I'd be down, that was a decade ago so afraid the ship has sailed. We might get some kind of KODO styled sport something. Mazda has always been tops in design, the Shinari (not Shibari some mistake ) introducing Maeda's KODO design language was very well done. Better than Nagare that proceeded, but that was better than most every other Japanese.

Attachment Attached File

https://www.insidemazda.co.uk/2020/04/23/mazdas-kodo-design-philosophy/

https://insidemazda.mazdausa.com/the-mazda-way/design/the-evolution-of-kodo-design-through-concept-cars/

I'd hoped the partnership would inject some style improvement into Toyota, and efficiency through process to Mazda, and maybe some capital to bring back ZoomZoom and Top Level Works efforts in Motorsports.

Attachment Attached File

This is not returning tho.

Link Posted: 3/29/2024 10:51:38 AM EDT
[#25]
Originally Posted By Butternut:
Wow! Is there any talk of possible AWD variants?
View Quote

When it’s all ai generated click bait your dreams of AWD are one ChatGPT prompt away!
Link Posted: 3/29/2024 10:58:46 AM EDT
[Last Edit: gearjammer351] [#26]
Originally Posted By weapons_free:

Most catastrophic apex seal destruction is due to too much boost w/o supporting mods and shit tunes. The failure of the renisis engine has been pointed too. Rotaries do wear and apex seals can and do wear resulting in low compression however so do side and corner seals. They are not to be overheated because the coolant seals will blow out. A properly maintained n/a engine will last a very long time. People who don't understand them don't address normal stuff like ignition health, clogged cats and basic stuff like adding oil and spanking the Wankel

They will still run with very low compression (technically blown up) but will be down on power and have hot start issues. A guy with a highly modded FD lost a rotor and was still able to limp it home 10hrs from the tail of the dragon
View Quote

Sooooo... the main issue is people modding and tuning them who don't know what they're doing/don't maintain them correctly?

If I had a hypothetical brand new (turbo or N/A) RX7 (those are single-rotor, right?) and didn't mod it at all, and followed a good maintenance routine, how many miles could I put on the engine before it starts losing compression or fails an emissions test?
Link Posted: 3/29/2024 11:05:33 AM EDT
[#27]
Originally Posted By gearjammer351:

Sooooo... the main issue is people modding and tuning them who don't know what they're doing/don't maintain them correctly?

If I had a hypothetical brand new N/A RX7 (those are single-rotor, right?) and didn't mod it at all, and followed a good maintenance routine, how many miles could I put on the engine before it starts losing compression or fails an emissions test?
View Quote

All rx cars are two rotor engines. The cosmos (JDM luxury car, first car to have nav was a tt three rotor). There's no fixed milage on engine failure but I've seen n/a rx7 and 8s with over 200k
Link Posted: 3/29/2024 11:12:03 AM EDT
[#28]

If I had a hypothetical brand new (turbo or N/A) RX7 (those are single-rotor, right?) and didn't mod it at all, and followed a good maintenance routine, how many miles could I put on the engine before it starts losing compression or fails an emissions test?
View All Quotes

Most catastrophic apex seal destruction is due to too much boost w/o supporting mods and shit tunes. The failure of the renisis engine has been pointed too. Rotaries do wear and apex seals can and do wear resulting in low compression however so do side and corner seals. They are not to be overheated because the coolant seals will blow out. A properly maintained n/a engine will last a very long time. People who don't understand them don't address normal stuff like ignition health, clogged cats and basic stuff like adding oil and spanking the Wankel

They will still run with very low compression (technically blown up) but will be down on power and have hot start issues. A guy with a highly modded FD lost a rotor and was still able to limp it home 10hrs from the tail of the dragon

Never underestimate someone with unrealistic goals for HKS foam airfilters and an APEXI power fc
Link Posted: 3/29/2024 11:13:31 AM EDT
[#29]
Originally Posted By dyezak:

Beyond the obvious Miata (MX5) which has a cult following.  ALL of Mazda's current offerings have a Midas touch with regard to styling.  They really do have a good grasp of proportions and overall design that works right now.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By dyezak:

Also, their crystal soul metallic or whatever they call their red is absolutely stunning. My favorite car color.
Link Posted: 3/29/2024 11:47:29 AM EDT
[#30]
Originally Posted By Ayada:

When it's all ai generated click bait your dreams of AWD are one ChatGPT prompt away!
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Ayada:
Originally Posted By Butternut:
Wow! Is there any talk of possible AWD variants?

When it's all ai generated click bait your dreams of AWD are one ChatGPT prompt away!

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 3/29/2024 12:14:29 PM EDT
[#31]
Originally Posted By Agilt:

Never underestimate someone with unrealistic goals for HKS foam airfilters and an APEXI power fc
View Quote

Link Posted: 3/29/2024 12:34:23 PM EDT
[#32]

View Quote

You leave my mushroom filters out of this!
Link Posted: 3/29/2024 12:50:02 PM EDT
[#33]
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/14291/IMG_3279_jpeg-3171617.JPG

It needed much. Nissan gave it what they could afford. At the debut, there was a palpable sense of disappointment. The project team delivered a good vehicle based on constraints. Obviously from my pic you can see one of those.

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By FourLoko:
not gonna sell, just like the aforementioned new Nissan Z

Nissan's press release on its recent quarterly sales figures reveals the problems that have faced the Nissan Z. In the final quarter of 2023, the manufacturer sold just 462 examples of the Z. That is up from the 177 sold towards the end of 2022, which saw 263 Z's sold in total. But across the whole of the 2023 calendar year, Nissan says it sold just 1,771 Nissan Zs. That plus the 263 from 2022 means that just 2,034 Nissan Zs have left the factory in 2023, compared to 7,152 Nissan Leafs and 128,030 Altimas.

From June 2022 to October 2023

Going through all of the quarterly reports from Nissan, they have only reported 1571 Nissan Z sales through 17 months of the Nissan Z being available, making it one of the worst releases of a new non limited production car in modern car history.

This year so far, they have sold 1,309 models.

Other cars for reference.

Subaru BRZ: Sold 3,361 models this year alone.

Toyota GR86: Sold 8,737 models this year alone.

Toyota Supra: Sold 2,097 models this year alone.

Ford Mustang: Sold 35,315 models this year alone.

Mazda Miata: Sold 6,233 models this year alone.

Chevy Camaro: Sold 24,688 models this year alone.

Z needs more v8
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/14291/IMG_3279_jpeg-3171617.JPG

It needed much. Nissan gave it what they could afford. At the debut, there was a palpable sense of disappointment. The project team delivered a good vehicle based on constraints. Obviously from my pic you can see one of those.

That is beautiful

If Nissan is getting 400 out of that Turbo 6, then I should be able to get at least 800
Link Posted: 3/29/2024 6:43:25 PM EDT
[#34]

That is beautiful

If Nissan is getting 400 out of that Turbo 6, then I should be able to get at least 800
View Quote

The 300ZX was a V6 all the way back to the 80s.  The Turbo 300ZX had just north of 200HP during that era.  Keep in mind the Mustang 5.0 had a whopping 210HP back then.

I know the 84 300ZX was good for 133MPH . I had a friend loan one to me for 2 weeks back when I got married in '85, I tried it out.
Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Mazda 2024 RX9 (Page 3 of 3)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top