Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/29/2024 8:25:03 AM EDT
Saw this car ad on FB marketplace this morning.  Arfcom member ?

"But cash as king ! I need to be able to pay an attorney. Cause someone wanted to beat me up and I pulled my gun out and he decided he didn't want to go there , But I went to jail I just gotten out of the hospital and I could not take a beating Blah blah blah !"

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/801386951477417/?ref=category_feed&referral_code=null&referral_story_type=post&tracking=browse_serp%3A878f72b3-a0f4-40c8-b354-27932767e5f2
Link Posted: 4/29/2024 8:26:54 AM EDT
[#1]
Naw can’t be an ARF member.  No blading at 45.
Link Posted: 4/29/2024 8:30:15 AM EDT
[#2]
When your gun comes out of the holster it has to be for a pretty good reason. Especially if you point it at someone.
Link Posted: 4/29/2024 8:36:11 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Rocky41:
When your gun comes out of the holster it has to be for a pretty good reason. Especially if you point it at someone.
View Quote

The threat to life and limb (a beating) is a plenty good reason. I don’t have to sit there and take a beating nor will I.
Link Posted: 4/29/2024 8:38:10 AM EDT
[#4]
Arfcommers dont go to hospital cause they post online for medical advice since all doctors are idiots
Link Posted: 4/29/2024 8:39:31 AM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By lilMAC25:

The threat to life and limb (a beating) is a plenty good reason. I don’t have to sit there and take a beating nor will I.
View Quote

Link Posted: 4/29/2024 8:43:42 AM EDT
[#6]
Must have been in Houston
Link Posted: 4/29/2024 8:43:57 AM EDT
[#7]
View Quote

Unless you have a badge right?   Then you can point guns at people to make you feel safer
Link Posted: 4/29/2024 8:44:36 AM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By eazeaz:

Unless you have a badge right?   Then you can point guns at people to make you feel safer
View Quote

True
Link Posted: 4/29/2024 9:29:09 AM EDT
[#9]

View Quote

How else do you protect that dental insurance?
Link Posted: 4/29/2024 9:32:46 AM EDT
[#10]
Saw this car ad on FB marketplace this morning.  Arfcom member ?
View Quote
I don't know, but that dude's FB profile is a pussy magnet!

Link Posted: 4/29/2024 9:44:07 AM EDT
[Last Edit: miseses] [#11]

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

But the 14th amendment states everyone has equal 'protection' under the law.  Wouldn't this mean if police can draw a firearm for their own protection to feel safer then I can too?  I often see 'qualified immunity' cited as to why they can get away with it, but qualified immunity is only for civil not criminal immunity.
Link Posted: 4/29/2024 9:49:01 AM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 4/29/2024 9:51:20 AM EDT
[#13]
View Quote

The second half of that is:

If you pull your gun it needs to be justified and one sided stories are easier to tell.
Link Posted: 4/29/2024 10:44:38 AM EDT
[Last Edit: mr_camera_man] [#14]
edit: wrong thread
Link Posted: 4/29/2024 10:51:30 AM EDT
[#15]
There is nothing special about that Mini.
Link Posted: 4/29/2024 10:57:43 AM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By miseses:
Wouldn't this mean if police can draw a firearm for their own protection to feel safer then I can too?
View Quote

Prosecutors are starting to go much harder after police who whip guns out without sufficient justification. Just FYI.

The ol' "It's OK, I'm a cop" thing has a lot less currency these days.

You need a compelling reason to pull a gun in public. Badge or no.

The badge means you have a few more compelling reasons than the typical citizen since you are summoned to the scene to help and have a duty to find and arrest violent bad guys. That's about it.
Link Posted: 4/29/2024 10:58:27 AM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By scuba_steve:

Generally, if you are doing that, you should have already satisfied the 5 components of self defense for pulling the trigger.

Innocence
Imminence
Reasonableness
Avoidance
Proportionality

View Quote

This.

If you pull a gun, it's a use of force and you need a compelling articulation of why you did that.
Link Posted: 4/29/2024 10:59:18 AM EDT
[#18]

The threat to life and limb (a beating) is a plenty good reason. I don't have to sit there and take a beating nor will I.
View Quote

This.  I'd rather be asking for money for a lawyer than breathing through a tube in a hospital bed.
Link Posted: 4/29/2024 11:03:37 AM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By Jambalaya:

This.  I'd rather be asking for money for a lawyer than breathing through a tube in a hospital bed.
View Quote

...or have purchased proper coverage for a defensive use of force ahead of time so that when you need that lawyer, you have all the resources necessary to help you.
Link Posted: 4/29/2024 11:07:33 AM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By Dagger41:
There is nothing special about that Mini.
View Quote

Not exactly common in the US.
Link Posted: 4/29/2024 11:18:18 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Jambalaya] [#21]
Originally Posted By scuba_steve:

Generally, if you are doing that, you should have already satisfied the 5 components of self defense for pulling the trigger.

Innocence
Imminence
Reasonableness
Avoidance
Proportionality

View Quote

Proportionality is a horse shit test because it relies on the opinions of people who weren't there.
Link Posted: 4/29/2024 11:37:50 AM EDT
[#22]

Proportionality is a horse shit test because it relies on the opinions of people who weren't there.
View Quote

The entire legal system is based on the judgement of people who weren't there.
Link Posted: 4/29/2024 12:01:55 PM EDT
[#23]
Originally Posted By MattyMattel:

Not exactly common in the US.
View Quote

Oh I forgot they were not sold in the US. They were sold in Canada though, there were dealerships for them in pretty much every city.
I picked up a used one real cheap, couldn't get it running right and sold it to a 'Mini' enthusiast who fucked with it for about a week. It went up in flames, along with his garage.
Link Posted: 4/29/2024 12:03:11 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Capt_Destro] [#24]
Cops brandish all the time to deter somebody.

But if we do it, it is a crime.

Edit: Police have the luxury of investigating themselves and finding no wrong doing.
Link Posted: 4/29/2024 12:06:51 PM EDT
[#25]

View Quote

Unfortunately, even with legitimate concerns you WILL take a "beating" in attorney fees as you get arrested. Of course if you can't afford a good attorney, you can always just lose your 2nd amend rights and have a record follow you for life.
Link Posted: 4/29/2024 12:08:22 PM EDT
[#26]
Originally Posted By VaniB:

Unfortunately, even with legitimate concerns you WILL take a "beating" in attorney fees as you get arrested. Of course if you can't afford a good attorney, you can always just lose your 2nd amend rights and have a record follow you for life.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By VaniB:

If that happens, fuck it. Glock switches for everyone.
Link Posted: 4/29/2024 12:09:42 PM EDT
[#27]
Originally Posted By John_Wayne777:

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By John_Wayne777:

You want to hear my opinion on the entire legal system?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top