Originally Posted By BerettaGuy:

When did Polaris put up “no gun” signs?

@vaughn4380
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By BerettaGuy:
Originally Posted By vaughn4380:
Polaris Mall in Columbus supposedly has similar dogs. They didn't detect anything on me when I walked by.

Gang bangers won't give a fuck and will just run, or start shooting, if caught. Those legally carrying can only be asked to leave the premises, so they are technically targeting the law abiding patrons who want to spend money at the mall. Seems like a poor business model, but these days malls suck and seem to have gang banger issues. So maybe that is what they want.

When did Polaris put up “no gun” signs?

@vaughn4380

No clue, they may not have, I never looked for one. But they do have a sign that spells out the “rules” and it states no weapons are allowed. Had that for as long as I can remember.
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 3:59:40 PM EDT
[#2]
Originally Posted By Clarinath:
As Evolv grows it will not surprise me when the bigger malls all have them at their entrances.

Especially states where it is legal to carry into a building unless someone there asks you to not carry.

Using Evolv, they can stop people at the entrance and make them take their guns to the car.
View Quote

This is exactly what I'm concerned about.  You can't hide from that technology at all, the success rate for detecting a weapon is near 100%.  Taking gun back to a car and leaving it where it can then be stolen is retarded.  If the mall is dangerous enough that they need that technology, then the parking lot sure as shit is.
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 4:32:19 PM EDT
[#3]
I was staged at Disney springs.    Officers were decent about it.   Was impressed by the dog.
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 4:33:46 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By GomerPyle:
Galleria? I haven't been since they announced the dogs. I don't want to deal with them, and that's definitely not a place I want to go unarmed.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By GomerPyle:
Originally Posted By Bama-Shooter:
I know of two people, one a cop and another not that got tagged by a mall gun sniffing dog. Both were armed.

Galleria? I haven't been since they announced the dogs. I don't want to deal with them, and that's definitely not a place I want to go unarmed.

I absolutely stay away from there.
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 10:41:35 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By GilTPayne:

I don't quite get the whole "except in governmental facilities" thing.  

The government is specifically prohibited from infringing on our 2nd amendment rights, while stores are not.  Government buildings can not exclude you.

(Sure I know, they have other men with guns that are willing to kill you to enforce their signs, I am talking Constitutional grounds here.)

The 2nd Amendment does not apply to semi-auto rifles, nor does it apply to bolt action rifles, pistols, or revolvers. The 2nd Amendment RESTRICTS GOVERNMENT. The technology of the firearm is irrelevant.

The restrictions on government remain the same, regardless of the firearm. The Second Amendment was not written to grant permission for citizens to own and bear firearms. It forbids government interference in the right to keep and bear arms, period.

Or am I wrong in thinking this?
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By GilTPayne:
Originally Posted By LeadBreakfast:

This is correct. Signs are to be ignored except in governmental facilities and carry no weight of law. If asked to leave, leave and inform them that I fringements on the rights of law abiding citizens Wil have your money going elsewhere.

I don't quite get the whole "except in governmental facilities" thing.  

The government is specifically prohibited from infringing on our 2nd amendment rights, while stores are not.  Government buildings can not exclude you.

(Sure I know, they have other men with guns that are willing to kill you to enforce their signs, I am talking Constitutional grounds here.)

The 2nd Amendment does not apply to semi-auto rifles, nor does it apply to bolt action rifles, pistols, or revolvers. The 2nd Amendment RESTRICTS GOVERNMENT. The technology of the firearm is irrelevant.

The restrictions on government remain the same, regardless of the firearm. The Second Amendment was not written to grant permission for citizens to own and bear firearms. It forbids government interference in the right to keep and bear arms, period.

Or am I wrong in thinking this?

You're not wrong, but go try it and see what happens.(just kidding, don't do that, fellow enthusiast).
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 10:44:15 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By grumpalicious:
Yep, I saw that at the Kenwood Mall in Cincinnati. K9 handler said they were trained to detect guns and explosives. I wonder if I can conceal carry a really small xbow?
View Quote

I'm amazed Kenwood Towne Center is still a thing, and hasn't gone tits up like Tri County and Forest Fair.
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 10:52:53 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 10:55:11 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 11:01:12 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 4/20/2024 3:06:42 PM EDT
[#10]
Thus far have not seen a single dog and only one Paul Blart.  Very uneventful.
Link Posted: 4/20/2024 3:22:15 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Sokarul] [#11]
Originally Posted By Marksman762:
Thus far have not seen a single dog and only one Paul Blart.  Very uneventful.
View Quote

Two guys with SBRs just stopped in front of me. No LEO markings, just security written on them.
Link Posted: 4/20/2024 6:51:49 PM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By drerickson77:

The mall is posted but there is a legal debate if a landlord can post legally. I think the argument is that every store individually would need to post.

Not sure if there have been any test cases.

Concealed means concealed or better yet, don't go.

View Quote

Malls are privately owned buildings.

The law in MN applies to privately owned buildings.

So yes they can.
Link Posted: 4/20/2024 7:58:55 PM EDT
[#13]

Bitches, man!!!
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By DVCER:
What do they hit on?

Bitches, man!!!

Link Posted: 4/21/2024 3:09:37 PM EDT
[Last Edit: drerickson77] [#14]

Malls are privately owned buildings.

The law in MN applies to privately owned buildings.

So yes they can.
View Quote

Minnesota law states that landlords cannot restrict their tenants or their guests from lawfully possessing firearms inside their rental properties. So, if someone has a permit for a gun, there is nothing you can do to prevent them from carrying it or keeping it on your property.

https://www.revisor.mn.gov/statutes/cite/624.714

https://giffords.org/lawcenter/state-laws/location-restrictions-in-minnesota/
Link Posted: 4/21/2024 5:21:11 PM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By bigfugly:

It usually is up to the lessee or tenant. Where Simon Property Group etc got around it is in the lease. The loophole is they write the firearm prohibition requirement into the tenant's rental agreement. Tenant cannot allow firearms, and you have to pass the posted sign to get to the store so "you're in violation". Remember, they think those signs work.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By bigfugly:
Originally Posted By drerickson77:

The mall is posted but there is a legal debate if a landlord can post legally. I think the argument is that every store individually would need to post.

Not sure if there have been any test cases.

Concealed means concealed or better yet, don't go.

It usually is up to the lessee or tenant. Where Simon Property Group etc got around it is in the lease. The loophole is they write the firearm prohibition requirement into the tenant's rental agreement. Tenant cannot allow firearms, and you have to pass the posted sign to get to the store so "you're in violation". Remember, they think those signs work.

At the MOA, they used to have the legal signage for banning firearms at the entrances.  Then for many years they went away.  Now they are back but not every entrance has them based on my observation last month.

I think I may have even seen one of those dogs there once.  But in the video from OP's post, it looked like the dog was more interested in sticking his nose up the butts of the women walking by

Link Posted: 4/21/2024 6:17:36 PM EDT
[Last Edit: erichard] [#16]
I have an in-law doctor relative who one night at dinner announced her office had a no gun policy and blathered on about how she would never allow it in her office in order to avoid bad situations, angry patients, whatever. I then pointed out to her that anyone intending harm with a gun would simply ignore those signs because the act they were about to instigate was far more illegal than trespassing with a concealed carry weapon, namely shooting up the place.

I also noted that wouldn't she rather have someone armed like myself, who happened to be in one of the patient rooms, there to help defend the office rather than waiting 15-20 minutes for police to arrive?  As smart as she is, it took her till that conversation to have this eureka revelation that transformed her perspective on gun bans. I'm always amazed that smart Dems can't wrap their heads around this indisputable argument. Regardless, this woman is a devout Republican though, Arizonan no less.

These mall owners/lawyers should recall the Kenyan mall that was overrun by terrorists and then rescued by an SAS operator in civilian clothes and a random concealed carrier who happened to be in the area. They saved quite a few lives being armed in the vicinity. They may have saved a few armed guards and cops to boot, ironically (given these guys are keeping armed citizens out of malls here).
Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top