Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 396
Link Posted: 10/13/2014 2:38:37 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By pumbaajk:

First off, welcome to the club. You're in for a wild ride.

Me and you are alot alike in what happened. In may of 2012 my little man was born and I basically went through the same thing you're describing.

I assume since I have seen you post multiple times you are on trt?

If you are then order your blood work and go get check to see what's going on.

You also could be gaining weight from increased coffee intake and the amount of stress you are going through right now. Stress can pack the weight on for no other reason than your adrenals are running 24hrs per day. If I drink a large amount of coffee, I bloat. It seems weird since coffee is a diuretic and should loose water weight but not for me.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By delicious_bass:
Originally Posted By jrzy:
Where is everyone?

I may be struggling with elevated E like you.  Here is my current situation and I'm sure a few of you guys can chime in with words of wisdom.  The wife and I just had our first child after 6 years of failed fertility treatments and we finally had given up on having one a year ago.  She gets pregnant natrually (lol) and today he is one month old and healthy.  .

I have tried to maintain my normal schedule of working out really hard and I am just exhausted.  I gained 13 lbs the first week he was here and my diet was not even that bad.  After doing some reading I did come across some studies that show that mens E can natrually raise during this time!  I did start taking .5mg anastrozole around the time I noticed the gain.  I have not noticed any other symptoms but I'm tired.  I am getting sleep but not rest with the new guy in the house.  I feel like I'm deployed again and really having a tough time adapting with all this.

Me and you are alot alike in what happened. In may of 2012 my little man was born and I basically went through the same thing you're describing.

You also could be gaining weight from increased coffee intake and the amount of stress you are going through right now. Stress can pack the weight on for no other reason than your adrenals are running 24hrs per day. If I drink a large amount of coffee, I bloat. It seems weird since coffee is a diuretic and should loose water weight but not for me.

Get your blood work ASAP, to see what's going on...

Link Posted: 10/13/2014 6:07:49 PM EDT
[#2]
My E sensitive was 12
JHC, I almost did it again and crashed my E

Since I went back on once per week injecting T instead of twice weekly, any amount even a 1/4 mg of anastrozole seems to drop my E like a rock.
I think the best indicator (for me) of high E is the oily skin and slight acne starting.
All other symptoms seem to mimic high and low E for me.

View Quote

So you're probably a lot like me. I don't need much anastrozole. I don't worry about taking it on any specific schedule. I may go 3 or 4 or even more weeks with none. I take it when I start noticing symptoms of high E.
Link Posted: 10/13/2014 7:24:58 PM EDT
[Last Edit: jrzy] [#3]

Originally Posted By bowhuntr09:
So you're probably a lot like me. I don't need much anastrozole. I don't worry about taking it on any specific schedule. I may go 3 or 4 or even more weeks with none. I take it when I start noticing symptoms of high E.
View All Quotes

My E sensitive was 12

Since I went back on once per week injecting T instead of twice weekly, any amount even a 1/4 mg of anastrozole seems to drop my E like a rock.

I think the best indicator (for me) of high E is the oily skin and slight acne starting.

Yep, this is what I am going to do, since it works pretty quick there's no reason why waiting until high E shows up to take a 1/4 mg of blocker.

Crashing your E by too much anastrozole takes much longer to get the E back up.
I wonder what my E is the day after a shot?
I wonder if there's a way to stay close to your ideal E number , say it's 25 to 30?

If I was at 12 five days after my T shot I wonder what it was a day after my T shot?
What ever number I had a few times when i felt (libido & performance) like when I was 18.

That number I would pay good money to know?

Holy smoke it was like going back in time.
I don't think my ideal number is as low as 25 or even 30, I think it's closer to 40 or 45?

I wonder if I feel great and everything is running perfect if there's any harm at running E at that level?

Link Posted: 10/13/2014 7:42:18 PM EDT
[#4]
Yep, this is what I am going to do, since it works pretty quick there's no reason why waiting until high E shows up to take a 1/4 mg of blocker.

I wonder if there's a way to stay close to your ideal E number , say it's 25 to 30?
If I was at 12 five days after my T shot I wonder what it was a day after my T shot?

What ever number I had a few times when i felt (libido & performance) like when I was 18.

I don't think my ideal number is as low as 25 or even 30, I think it's closer to 40 or 45?
I wonder if I feel great and everything is running perfect if there's any harm at running E at that level?

View All Quotes
My E sensitive was 12

My last test was a 29 with me taking A.I. on my on schedule based on symptoms. I just had blood work last week and waiting on those results to see how consistent I am.
Link Posted: 10/14/2014 4:54:17 PM EDT
[Last Edit: jrzy] [#5]
I was getting a little worried about my Hematocrit level rising steadily since I started TRT.

So it was getting near 54 and started doing more research on lowering the levels.

I  donate Blood every 58 days and that brings it down some but not enough so more research and I find 100 % Grapefruit juice helps lower the Hematocrit level.

8oz a day of the juice and one grapefruit either once a day or every other day.

My Hematocrit is down to 52.2.

I am not donating blood until the 22nd so this looks like it works?

Link Posted: 10/14/2014 5:00:59 PM EDT
[#6]
I was getting a little worried about my Hematocrit level rising steadily since I started TRT.
So it was getting near 54 and started doing more research on lowering the levels.
I  donate Blood every 58 days and that brings it down some but not enough so more research and I find 100 % Grapefruit juice helps lower the Hematocrit level.

View Quote

Wow, drinking grapefruit juice?

That beats self-phlebotomy by a mile...

Link Posted: 10/14/2014 7:05:49 PM EDT
[Last Edit: jrzy] [#7]

Originally Posted By EXPY37:

View All Quotes

It is working , I don't know how much more it will drop but I am going to find out on next months blood work.

As long as the Grapefruit maintain the Hematocrit level lower I am a happy camper.

I should add when I started my TRT my Hematocrit level was 46.5, it went up as high as 53.3

Link Posted: 10/14/2014 8:41:24 PM EDT
[Last Edit: EXPY37] [#8]
It is working , I don't know how much more it will drop but I am going to find out on next months blood work.
As long as the Grapefruit maintain the Hematocrit level lower I am a happy camper.

I should add when I started my TRT my Hematocrit level was 46.5, it went up as high as 53.3
View All Quotes

Mine reached 58% 6 months ago, IIRC, hence the special solution...

Checked mine 4 days ago and it was 53.3

Today it was 55.4   What????

That's with redundant centrifuges for error detection...

Link Posted: 10/14/2014 8:46:51 PM EDT
[#9]

View All Quotes

How are you testing that often? Surely not going to the lab every time???
Link Posted: 10/14/2014 10:08:40 PM EDT
[#10]
Do it myself. Takes abt 3 minutes to test.

I posted a thread a while back...

Link Posted: 10/14/2014 10:17:04 PM EDT
[#11]

View Quote
Going to have to give that a try asap. Went to donate today and they wouldn't take me, my hemoglobin was 19.6, hematocrit was 57 Monday. I had stopped donating in July because my ferritin level dropped to 7. GP doc put me on ferrous sulfate to get my iron back up & now I'm on the other end of the swing. 15-19 is the range they permit for donations. Therapeutic phlebotomy is my current option and it's bugs me to have blood just tossed. Thought about having some extra salt with some Gatoraide and see if I can retain enough water to get under 19 on the hemoglobin test. Nothing to lose at this point.

Link Posted: 10/14/2014 11:04:22 PM EDT
[#12]

Originally Posted By CS223:

Going to have to give that a try asap. Went to donate today and they wouldn't take me, my hemoglobin was 19.6, hematocrit was 57 Monday. I had stopped donating in July because my ferritin level dropped to 7. GP doc put me on ferrous sulfate to get my iron back up & now I'm on the other end of the swing. 15-19 is the range they permit for donations. Therapeutic phlebotomy is my current option and it's bugs me to have blood just tossed. Thought about having some extra salt with some Gatoraide and see if I can retain enough water to get under 19 on the hemoglobin test. Nothing to lose at this point.  
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By CS223:

Try a lower dose aspirin for a week, if not longer, I take one a day

Link Posted: 10/14/2014 11:35:37 PM EDT
[#13]

Try a lower dose aspirin for a week, if not longer, I take one a day

View Quote

I take a 81mg every day.
Link Posted: 10/14/2014 11:53:55 PM EDT
[#14]
EXPY37, ok 2 things

If you can fill us in on self phlebotomy

2nd, hiow are you able to check your hemotacrit level so often?  

Link Posted: 10/15/2014 12:09:37 AM EDT
[Last Edit: EXPY37] [#15]
EXPY37, ok 2 things
View Quote

I thought no one would ever axe...  

Drawing blood... [or ask your wife]

Thank God for artificial limbs for these clowns...

Try not to be this guy...  

YoYo

And... Watch how they do it when you donate blood...

Hematocrit...

Hematastat2

The answers are here, ---study--- if you have the initiative... Most won't... Even tho it's trivial...

Answers

Everything is VERY simple...

Link Posted: 10/15/2014 12:32:12 AM EDT
[Last Edit: EXPY37] [#16]
Another...  Go to 3:30

This has a lot of good info.

Link Posted: 10/15/2014 4:54:49 PM EDT
[#17]
Thanks expy. I'll have to study up on this.

Well I allowed myself to run out of hcg about a week ago. I know, stupid mistake... I feel like a bloated whale that doesn't have any energy.
Link Posted: 10/15/2014 5:32:29 PM EDT
[#18]

How are you testing that often? Surely not going to the lab every time???
View Quote

What is wrong with regular lab work?  How often it too often?

I've gone periods where I test ever 5-30 days, the interval depending upon what I am looking for?
Link Posted: 10/15/2014 5:33:13 PM EDT
[#19]
EXPY37, ok 2 things
View Quote

I don't get it.  Is there some rule that says you can't test often?
Link Posted: 10/15/2014 5:45:37 PM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By chas_martel:

View All Quotes
EXPY37, ok 2 things

The rule of the wallet.
Link Posted: 10/15/2014 5:54:19 PM EDT
[#21]

View All Quotes

EXPY37, ok 2 things

$$$$

Link Posted: 10/15/2014 6:42:01 PM EDT
[#22]

View All Quotes
Where is everyone?

I may be struggling with elevated E like you.  Here is my current situation and I'm sure a few of you guys can chime in with words of wisdom.  The wife and I just had our first child after 6 years of failed fertility treatments and we finally had given up on having one a year ago.  She gets pregnant natrually (lol) and today he is one month old and healthy.  .

I have tried to maintain my normal schedule of working out really hard and I am just exhausted.  I gained 13 lbs the first week he was here and my diet was not even that bad.  After doing some reading I did come across some studies that show that mens E can natrually raise during this time!  I did start taking .5mg anastrozole around the time I noticed the gain.  I have not noticed any other symptoms but I'm tired.  I am getting sleep but not rest with the new guy in the house.  I feel like I'm deployed again and really having a tough time adapting with all this.

Ordered Male Hormone Panel today from privatemdlabs.com.  I guess I need to go Monday morning before I take my T injection for the week?
Link Posted: 10/15/2014 7:12:10 PM EDT
[#23]
My brother in law, who is currently living with us, had some issues he suspected might be a hormonal imbalance. Got his blood work back today...71-T, 141-E!!!  Holy shit.

Oh, and by the way, he's 21, and is currently being scouted for pro baseball.
Link Posted: 10/15/2014 7:17:04 PM EDT
[#24]
Originally Posted By Keymaster4225:
My brother in law, who is currently living with us, had some issues he suspected might be a hormonal imbalance. Got his blood work back today...71-T, 141-E!!!  Holy shit.

View Quote

Maybe he's really a tranny?
Link Posted: 10/15/2014 8:19:02 PM EDT
[#25]
Originally Posted By Keymaster4225:

View Quote

Make sure he gets doctors documentation of it. When I played, the guys who were on "trt" were fine. The guys who were on testosterone just for recreational use got butt fucked. Steriod abuse is so rampant in pro baseball it's stupid. It will be the guy who really needs it that they will make an example of.

I really miss the game. Best parts of my life. Tell him to keep trying and keep living the dream. Once that opportunity is gone, it doesn't come back.
Link Posted: 10/15/2014 9:59:55 PM EDT
[Last Edit: EXPY37] [#26]

The rule of the wallet.
View All Quotes
EXPY37, ok 2 things

The rule of the wallet.

Takes 3 minutes, doesn't cost more than a nickel.

Link Posted: 10/16/2014 2:18:26 AM EDT
[#27]

View All Quotes

EXPY37, ok 2 things

The rule of the wallet.

alright enough guessing games , give

Link Posted: 10/16/2014 11:45:53 AM EDT
[#28]

View All Quotes
EXPY37, ok 2 things

The rule of the wallet.

Already did. Go back and read this part... A couple posts up. All the answers are in the PDF.

Hematocrit...

Hematastat2

The answers are here, ---study--- if you have the initiative... Most won't... Even tho it's trivial...

Answers

Link Posted: 10/16/2014 8:55:39 PM EDT
[#29]

Already did. Go back and read this part... A couple posts up. All the answers are in the PDF.
Hematocrit...

Hematastat2

Answers
View All Quotes

Hematocrit...

Hematastat2

Answers
Never mind forget I asked a simple ?

Link Posted: 10/16/2014 8:59:02 PM EDT
[Last Edit: jrzy] [#30]

View All Quotes

EXPY37, ok 2 things

The rule of the wallet.

Are you saying I have to buy a

$2,617.26 HemataSTAT® II Centrifuge ?

Thats costs a load more than .05

Link Posted: 10/17/2014 2:59:16 PM EDT
[Last Edit: EXPY37] [#31]
Are you saying I have to buy a                                                          $2,617.26 HemataSTAT® II Centrifuge ?

View All Quotes
EXPY37, ok 2 things

The rule of the wallet.

Are you saying I have to buy a                                                          $2,617.26 HemataSTAT® II Centrifuge ?

Nice centrifuges are available for a hundred bucks or so used.

Engage your critical thinking skills.  

Supplies [capillary tubes] sealing clay, finger stick device, a few bucks more.

If I have to hold your hand to even get this far, how do you expect to implement the entire shebang?

Link Posted: 10/22/2014 11:48:57 AM EDT
[Last Edit: EXPY37] [#32]
Chalk up another score for GoodRX coupon...

Abt $45 last week for Watson brand!

No issues, SO showed them the script and coupon, they were happy to do it. Amazing! Considering I was paying $100+ for no-name stuff...

Also asked my Doc to script the Noverel HCG powder, it's in the works waiting for approval. We'll see what happens.

Link Posted: 10/22/2014 3:15:52 PM EDT
[#33]

Also asked my Doc to script the Noverel HCG powder, it's in the works waiting for approval. We'll see what happens.

View Quote

Novarel and the GoodRx are interesting. It's still very expensive, but you must specify to the pharmacist that it is Novarel and not generic for the coupon to work. Generic is actually higher than name brand if you dont.
Link Posted: 10/22/2014 4:00:33 PM EDT
[#34]
ok so what all parameters am I looking for:

there are a few different "testosterone" parameters, right?  (free/bound/etc)
also just an estrogen level as well

no need for the blood draw to be a fasting one, right?
Link Posted: 10/22/2014 5:53:20 PM EDT
[#35]

Chalk up another score for GoodRX coupon...

Abt $45 last week for Watson brand!

No issues, SO showed them the script and coupon, they were happy to do it. Amazing! Considering I was paying $100+ for no-name stuff...

View Quote
You're welcome  

Link Posted: 10/22/2014 8:07:51 PM EDT
[Last Edit: EXPY37] [#36]

Got approval, they want to know how the script should be written based on where I plan to buy it.

Any suggestions. There was a post a few pages back with ideas.

HCG

They ^^^ have Corion

Pumbaajk said he buys from "Corion 5000iu/ml from safemeds4all"

Link Posted: 10/22/2014 9:49:33 PM EDT
[#37]

Got approval, they want to know how the script should be written based on where I plan to buy it.

HCG

They ^^^ have Corion

View Quote

Yep. I am waiting on my latest order placed 10/3. It takes a while to get here but it's real deal stuff. I used a pregnancy test on each vial and all said it was preggers.
Link Posted: 10/22/2014 9:51:22 PM EDT
[#38]
Here's my question for those that use private labs. Once I pay for the panel on the site, does the lab then charge me for their services or how does this work?
Link Posted: 10/22/2014 9:53:27 PM EDT
[Last Edit: EXPY37] [#39]

Yep. I am waiting on my latest order placed 10/3. It takes a while to get here but it's real deal stuff. I used a pregnancy test on each vial and all said it was preggers.
View All Quotes

HCG

They ^^^ have Corion

What's your mixing routine?

I need to take some specifics to the doc, they're apparently new to this.

Corion [Wythe] 5000iu is abt $18 from ReliableRXPharm

Link Posted: 10/22/2014 9:57:01 PM EDT
[#40]

View All Quotes

HCG

They ^^^ have Corion

1000iu 3x per week
2.5ml bac water per 5000iu hcg.
.5ml on slin pin =1000iu
Link Posted: 10/22/2014 10:01:55 PM EDT
[#41]
Thanks!
Link Posted: 10/22/2014 10:04:28 PM EDT
[#42]
Here's my question for those that use private labs. Once I pay for the panel on the site, does the lab then charge me for their services or how does this work?
View Quote

Nope all you have to do is pay for it on the website then you will create a profile, choose a local lab, and print off your paperwork from the website.  Bring that with you and they take your blood and thats it.  Yesterday was my first time using them and other than a guy all tatted up with corn rows and a lab coat taking my blood it was legit.
Link Posted: 10/22/2014 10:05:10 PM EDT
[#43]
Thanks!
View Quote

That's all bro science. That's one of the reasons why the dosage is so high. I wanted to get my nuts back to full speed as fast as I could along with the high doses of clomid that sent me into a swirling out of control 2 weeks of depression.

I need to get my blood drawn this Friday to see where I am on everything.
Link Posted: 10/22/2014 10:06:48 PM EDT
[#44]

Nope all you have to do is pay for it on the website then you will create a profile, choose a local lab, and print off your paperwork from the website.  Bring that with you and they take your blood and thats it.  Yesterday was my first time using them and other than a guy all tatted up with corn rows and a lab coat taking my blood it was legit.
View All Quotes

What panel did you do? The female or male?
Link Posted: 10/22/2014 10:38:15 PM EDT
[#45]

View All Quotes

Hormone Panel for males.  I think it was $150 and I found a 15% off coupon somewhere.

Complete Blood Count (CBC) With Differential
Estradiol, Sensitive
Insulin-like Growth Factor 1 (IGF-1)
Lipid Panel
Metabolic Panel (14), Comprehensive
Prostate-specific Antigen (PSA), Serum
Testosterone, Free/Tot Equilib
Thyroid Panel with TSH
Link Posted: 10/22/2014 10:54:13 PM EDT
[#46]

Hormone Panel for males.  I think it was $150 and I found a 15% off coupon somewhere.

Estradiol, Sensitive
Lipid Panel
Thyroid Panel with TSH
View All Quotes

Estradiol, Sensitive
Lipid Panel
Thyroid Panel with TSH

I am interested to see what my igf 1 is as well!
Link Posted: 10/22/2014 11:02:48 PM EDT
[#47]
Does anyone have any info on using topical steroidal cremes for skin conditions such as dandruff while on TRT?  I was prescribed Fluocinonide .05 and Desonide .05  5 weeks ago and started noticing changes in my mood recently.   Today while speaking to my Endo over the phone she noticed I was taking these and asked if I was experiencing any symptoms such as moodiness, depression, etc.  I told her I was and she said this could be messing with my cortisol level.  I stopped applying the cremes based on her recommendation.  

Bloodwork should be in by Friday to see where levels are....
Link Posted: 10/23/2014 8:28:56 AM EDT
[#48]
EXPY,

I got my HCG from Walgreens. It comes in a box with 10,000 iu and 10ml water. My dose is 500iu 2x week. I mix 1ml water per 1000iu, so I use all 10ml water to the 10000 vial of powder and inject .5 on insulin pin. GoodRx does appear to show it much cheaper at CVS vs Walgreens though.
Link Posted: 10/23/2014 9:54:43 AM EDT
[#49]

Estradiol, Sensitive
Lipid Panel
Thyroid Panel with TSH
View All Quotes

Estradiol, Sensitive
Lipid Panel
Thyroid Panel with TSH

The female is cheaper and includes all the same tests.   just select "MALE"  at check out  and the results will come back with male ref ranges.   even if you screw that up and select female,   you can google the male ranges.
Link Posted: 10/23/2014 11:07:13 AM EDT
[#50]
Originally Posted By isa268:

The female is cheaper and includes all the same tests.   just select "MALE"  at check out  and the results will come back with male ref ranges.   even if you screw that up and select female,   you can google the male ranges.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By isa268:

Estradiol, Sensitive
Lipid Panel
Thyroid Panel with TSH

Thanks! I will remember that next time.
Page / 396
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top